+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Stone

Default Re: Dr. Stone

ch 2

http://mangastream.com/r/dr_stone/002/4084/1

Can you remove petrification without a Gold Needle? find out next time on Dr Stone

Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

I was wondering when "the girl" would be revived. Expect "kiyaa!!! I'm naked" hijinks next week.
    3DS Friendcode: 1177-6707-2664

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    A very accurate description of the chapter.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Mhh a lot of science which i usually like, but somehow i felt a bit underwhelming for a second chapter.
    Also the time passing that quick feels a bit awkward, but at least we now are settled to get more characters involved.
    So will this one muscular dude come to life before the pretty girl because of an accident first reviving him...
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Holy shit. How could I have not noticed the Mario reference?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

It was okay I guess.

The story is in desperate need of a goal and/or a conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    A very accurate description of the chapter.
    Indeed, the good ol' Kage only fails 5% of his tries. Which means he's pretty awesome... and talking about awesomeness, this chapter had it. It taught us how to do illegal stuff, maybe the second person to save would be Trump, that would be hilarious.

Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    It was okay I guess.

The story is in desperate need of a goal and/or a conflict.
    I thought restoring civilization was the goal
    Last edited by spyda; March 10th, 2017 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spyda View Post
    I thought resorting civilization was the goal
    I'm guessing that's the end goal though. It's sort of like saying the goal of One Piece is to find the treasure. There needs to be few smaller goals along the way. Or conflicts, that may be a better word for it.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Still not impressed. The whole premise and all the characters and their motivations feel very forced. Also, am I the only one wondering what is wrong with these kids for their response to the entire human race dying is 'yeah, we'll just repopulate the earth, whatever'? Don't the have families? No crying? No exasperation? The characters don't seem to have a shred of humanity! Everyone's dead for god sake, let that sink in a little! Really takes you out of the story that they brush all the emotion over like this, makes the characters feel like they are made of cardboard.

Will drop next chapter if it doesn't vastly improve.
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

This series really isn't good.

This entire new series round has been quite weak

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Still not impressed. The whole premise and all the characters and their motivations feel very forced. Also, am I the only one wondering what is wrong with these kids for their response to the entire human race dying is 'yeah, we'll just repopulate the earth, whatever'? Don't the have families? No crying? No exasperation? The characters don't seem to have a shred of humanity! Everyone's dead for god sake, let that sink in a little! Really takes you out of the story that they brush all the emotion over like this, makes the characters feel like they are made of cardboard.

The character's personality and reaction to being the last humans on Earth are as ridiculous as everyone turning to stone and only them suriviving during thousand of years through sheer willpower. This is Toriko levels of stupid, we are not supossed to make sense out of it.

Not everyone is dead. They're just stuck in that stone cryogenic sleep.

They had quite some time to reflect on these things when they were petrified. In the end the fact that they managed to make it probably gave them hope to achieve the same for others.
    Still, while I don't really have an issue with the lack of desperation, I'm not sure about the second chapter. Still like the scenario but not sure about where the author is taking it and what they want to focus on. Let's see. Maybe next chapter gives a better idea of where this is going.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baldulf View Post
    The character's personality and reaction to being the last humans on Earth are as ridiculous as everyone turning to stone and only them suriviving during thousand of years through sheer willpower. This is Toriko levels of stupid, we are not supossed to make sense out of it.
    A ridiculous premise is no excuse for characters behaving in an unrealistic or unnatural way. A premise, if shrouded in mysetery or properly explained through pseudoscience, doesn't break suspension of disbelief. The way these two are acting most certainly does, at least for me.
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Or maybe it is just a manga and nobody cares if it is that much realistic
    lol k good point ;)

what is wrong with these kids for their response to the entire human race dying is 'yeah, we'll just repopulate the earth, whatever'? Don't the have families? No crying? No exasperation? The characters don't seem to have a shred of humanity! Everyone's dead for god sake, let that sink in a little!
    I can expect it of tree-kun but science-kun should never thought that kind of thing. Life goes in a highway to die, this manga shows that they're only walking the way.

Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

They had a thousand of years to think about those things, to go mad from their families being no more and the end of humanity, they weren't in stasis, they were trapped in the stone.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Did they even sleep while in their stone-phase, because then they would have lost control of their mind and would have been lost.
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information