+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Stone

Default Re: Dr. Stone

Spoiler:
    Why couldn't they just use a pot on a long stick? That's a hell of a lot easier to make than a gas mask.

Would that be a SCIENCE long stick?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

They just needed a Fing-longer.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Yah, the stick would be safer than bringing a person down to the death pool. Even without the gas, there is the factor of the goddamned acid.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Thinking about it, maybe it was inviable for the death zone extends well beyond the border of the pond, and while the pot might be acid proff the thing that they use to extend of submerge, being a rope or a stick, wouldn't be.
    Pokemon X

In theory they'll still need...something...to use to dip the glassware into the death pool. If rubber trees magically migrated to post-apocalyptic Japan, maybe they could make gloves a la Amazonian natives and their boots.

Also, I want Ginro's Great Fairy hallucination to have an outlandish scientific explanation.

I imagine the reason they need to get close is because nothing long would work. Anything they could dip in with the glass that isn't glass would dissolve, and if they tried to dip it with glass from a distance, the glass would likely break from the torque. I'm guessing they'll either use something that is a little resistant to dissolving and dip it in and out before it's completely destroyed, or use a short holder made of glass.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    I imagine the reason they need to get close is because nothing long would work. Anything they could dip in with the glass that isn't glass would dissolve, and if they tried to dip it with glass from a distance, the glass would likely break from the torque. I'm guessing they'll either use something that is a little resistant to dissolving and dip it in and out before it's completely destroyed, or use a short holder made of glass.
    Couldn't they coat a long stick or piece of pottery with a thick layer of glass?

Like a giant glass spoon at the end of a stick?

The safe zone isn't at the border of the lake, is a few metters behind, probably a bigger buffer would be needed to avoid being killed by a soft breeze. So you'd need a stick from the safe zone to the border, and then to the lake surface. You'd have to coat only the end part, somehow, without burning the stick, and then be gentle enough to not break it while you dip it.

Also where would you put the sample? carry the spoon back with it? That the vial or bucket is affixed to the stick? The extra weight will make the whole aparatus unwieldy, as in not the weight of the sample, but the weight of the thing itself.

I mean, go otuside and tie 3 brooms together, and then try to scoop a little water with it. Or use a 10 meter pool cleaning pole from the back side of a trampoline.
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Couldn't they coat a long stick or piece of pottery with a thick layer of glass?
    That'd be tough for a bunch of reasons. One is the temperature of glass formation, which would definitely burn the stick and, though it wouldn't melt the clay, it might weaken it and make construction of a long object difficult with their current setup. If they could glass coat it, though, I'd still be worried about debonding and fracture. Remember that a crack in the coat would be enough to expose the coated object and weaken it. And even if that wasn't a problem, fired pottery is still pretty brittle and would likely break from torque if the object were used from afar. If they tried glass coating metal, the weight of the metal on the glass would be a concern, too.

What Senku needs is a crazy straw. Or say fuck it and blow it up and create an ecological dissaster to get some acid.
    Pokemon X

Rather than a big spoon, which could cause some major torque problems on both ends, I think an easier solution would be something along the lines of a fishing rod with a bucket (or vial) attached. If the neck was narrow enough and you could submerge it, you'd be able to retrieve a fair amount that way.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    Rather than a big spoon, which could cause some major torque problems on both ends, I think an easier solution would be something along the lines of a fishing rod with a bucket (or vial) attached. If the neck was narrow enough and you could submerge it, you'd be able to retrieve a fair amount that way.
    What's being used for the line, though? And the rod? Glass is pretty dense by itself, but carrying a bucketful of acid (almost twice as heavy as water) is going to make the load even heavier. Of course carrying it is only a problem if the line itself doesn't dissolve in the acid first.

And then again, that asumes that the safe zone is the border of the crater, it is not.
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    What's being used for the line, though? And the rod? Glass is pretty dense by itself, but carrying a bucketful of acid (almost twice as heavy as water) is going to make the load even heavier. Of course carrying it is only a problem if the line itself doesn't dissolve in the acid first.
    I can't think of any line they have access to that would work, so you'd probably have to make the glass container in such a way as to keep the line above the surface. The weight is a bigger problem, but I suppose if the volume is small enough it wouldn't be too bad.

I suppose a gas mask really is the most efficient way to gather the acid, even though I clearly carries high risk.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Oh boy, i feel like Luffy just entering the kitchen when Robin, Sanji, Usopp and Franky are discussing how was the true development of cooking through history, with their tools implemented and different cultures alike helped to improve it, not forgetting how it even increased communication skills to all the living beings... and obviously want comes next.
    I only want to eat and just that xD

I liked the chapter, i read while listening Gerudo Valley's ost, i felt a powerful feeling of adventure!!
    Senkuu giving his knowledge to Chrome, that is so heartwarming. Yep, he deserves recognition, and now it finally is one step above the other main character that i already forgot his name.

Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

This just showed up on Facebook. Wth.

Dr.STONE|RIICHIRO INAGAKI
    "Our science consultant also almost died from hydrogen sulfide gas. It was a close one, but luckily he had an oxygen mask. Scary!"

maybe they should make oxygen masks then

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

What kind of world is this that no one would fall for Ruri anyway?
    https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/...en/0/31/page/1
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Spoiler:
    Shouldn't they protect their eyes too?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information