+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61
Results 1,201 to 1,219 of 1219

Thread: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Last Time, on Dragonball Discussion Z

Default Re: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Last Time, on Dragonball Discussion Z

They might help with strategy or something.

They are doubling down on the "Goku opened the way to save ONE universe, else all 8 would be erased" thing. I guess people keep ignoring it.

I'm bothered by Vegeta being entretained with known and beaten enemies.

As my count, we are around 64 fighters left.

Full teams U2, U3, U6, U11.
    9: U7 (ours) Lost Krillin
    8: U10 (Zamazu) Lost: Fairy girl and green bird
    7: U4 (Rat god of destruction) Lost: The one who tried to ring out goku, another wolf and a blind fox
    0: U9 (Jobber wolfs and stuff) Lost: EVERYTHING
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

*Sigh* Krillin must always get embarrassed. It is the law of the universe i suppose. First one eliminated, smh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Let's just be honest here: The Watchmen movie was a complete and utter, extremely boring, blue man penis filled abomination.
    And I don't even feel this way, it's just a hilarious quote.
    3DS FC-0473-7772-2500
    PSN-Aniki_33

Watching the episode and knowing Krillin would be eliminated, I actually thought it would be because he used his shoe as a weapon...

FC 0147-0584-2654

Krillin before Tenshinhan, oh my god^^
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Quote Originally Posted by Apprentice View Post
    *Sigh* Krillin must always get embarrassed. It is the law of the universe i suppose. First one eliminated, smh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
    He got to defeat 3 people, let's see if they give that honor to Tien...

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Watching the episode and knowing Krillin would be eliminated, I actually thought it would be because he used his shoe as a weapon...
    Same with those summaries saying he would be disqualified I though it was that, but then nothing happend and he got eliminated normally, I guess that made the episode better since it happened contrary to what I though it would.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Vegeta's scenes this episode were pretty great, with "Bota Magetta" being one of the best examples of super being DBZ post-angst. I'm a little shocked that Botamo actually got to talk as he's been mostly mute ever since the Universe 6 tournament. Krillin's solution to Majora was classic Dragon Ball, hah hah, though I am a bit let down by the Hundred-Fold Taiyoken being worthless after the build up.They should've had Majora keep his sight, get blinded by the move, then switch over to scent for the same effect. The moment was still funny though.

Next episode I'm a little surprised that the arena is already torn up to that degree but it does make the stage more interesting I guess. Goku vs. Caulifla should be fun. He looks so happy, like he's found the long-lost daughter he never knew he had.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Powerlevel = 1 Cavendish Cavendish's Avatar

I really don't understand the no killing rule when losing gets you erased... Why does keeping people alive matter when you give them the far far far far more horrible fate of being erased?

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    I think Oda made a mistake and the children aren't really being taken home by the marines, but rather, they'll eat them. Oda just confused the word "take" with "eat". It happens.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

So that they can watch their teammates fall from the sidelines one by one while knowing that with each elimination they and everyone and everything else they've ever known creep closer and closer to nonexistence.

The Grand Priest is a kinky son of a bitch.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

it's because the Devilmite Beam is just too OP for any tournament

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

As a Krillin fan, I'm actually not disappointed. One KO, two(very vital) assists and a save for a fellow team mate going out of bounds. He's currently done more work as a particpant than anyone bar Goku and Vegeta. Plus his teamwork with 18 was fun to watch.

It's also better that it's Frost taking him out, as it at least increases the Frieza-Frost threat subplot. Anyone else narratively would have been a worse choice. I won't lie that after all the recruitment build up though I was expecting him to survive a LITTLE longer.

Aside from Krillin/18 and Krillin/Roshi/Gohan it seems we also got some actual teamwork from Botamo and Magetta, with Botamo also covering for Hit. After such a lackluster fight in the U6 arc it's nice to see Botamo get a bit more of a showing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavendish View Post
    I really don't understand the no killing rule when losing gets you erased... Why does keeping people alive matter when you give them the far far far far more horrible fate of being erased?
    I believe it was because the Grand Priest decided to model the tournament after the classic fighting tournaments after Goku's request/the Universe 6 and 7 tournament.

It's a tournament to decide who's the strongest, but that's not the indicator of the winner. It's who can win by the rules of the game among the other universes. Theoretically there could be four invisible men with the power level of Oolong sitting in the middle of the arena right now, just waiting for everyone else to fight and ring themselves out. Just the universe with the most people standing wins.

Plus, speculation on any Angel agendas aside, it's designed to be entertaining for the Omni Kings. They'd get bored of a slaughter, seeing people trick each other and play with restrictions is just more entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

To prevent the entire fight just being one massive planet cracking fireball killing everyone.

That. The bat guy who surrendered to frieza was a chum. But it was stated that the universes now aren't playing around after evidence they are playing for keeps.

No one said that what happens in the event of a tie? Get rid of U4 and force a tie with the rest.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    To prevent the entire fight just being one massive planet cracking fireball killing everyone.
    Yeah, this. However, I don't really like that approach. This lack of creativity and originality is one of the reasons I actually consider DBS bland and boring in general. Like, instead forbiding basic stuff like killing or flying, how about just don't make it that special at all by giving the other participants some crazy as shit abilities? Like Frieza killing some dude seemingly effortlessly only to learn that he/she/it can instantly respawn as anything they imagine because that's just their way how it works in this universe. So that it actually needs some really crazy out-of-the-box thinking to deal with that and basically everyone else with similar crazy abilities. That flying and these massive planet buster balls just don't mean anything at all. THAT are the things I want to see in a multiversal scale tournament. (And therefore the rules have to be build properly around this.)

Besides, Zeno bores the absolute shit out of me. A certain OP antagonist just does the powerful child character so much better. And I'm not speaking of being more malevolent, no I mean acting more like an allpowerful being. Like instead of being impressed by EVERYTHING, he or they should change rules and stuff on the spot because they consider the outcome more entertaining and the combatants have to adjust. Seriously, Zeno is so boring that I'm now rooting for fucking Frieza to somehow manage to steal these powers. And I fucking (love to) hate Frieza so rooting for him I considered absolutely impossible before.

I really hope there will be more episodes in the style of the Arale or the baseball episodes... As they were what actually hooked me in at all.
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
    As a Krillin fan, I'm actually not disappointed. One KO, two(very vital) assists and a save for a fellow team mate going out of bounds. He's currently done more work as a particpant than anyone bar Goku and Vegeta. Plus his teamwork with 18 was fun to watch.

It's also better that it's Frost taking him out, as it at least increases the Frieza-Frost threat subplot. Anyone else narratively would have been a worse choice. I won't lie that after all the recruitment build up though I was expecting him to survive a LITTLE longer.

Aside from Krillin/18 and Krillin/Roshi/Gohan it seems we also got some actual teamwork from Botamo and Magetta, with Botamo also covering for Hit. After such a lackluster fight in the U6 arc it's nice to see Botamo get a bit more of a showing here.
    This arc is also just beginning. We have no idea what's coming - there is the possibility that maybe Krillin will be somehow important later on? This doesn't have as clear of a desination as the U6 arc did. Traditionally, this would be the preliminaries. Maybe Jiren vs. Goku will be the finale, maybe not. Maybe it'll actually happen before all the universes except 7 and 11 will be out. Maybe *all* of the universes won't get erased because the tournament will be interrupted somehow? There are a lot of variables.

I mean weaker characters Roshi and Tien could easily just wiped out from a single blow from a strong fighter (who knows, maybe half of the team is just throw out just like that) but we don't know yet, but it also could be a reversal of expectations thing like with U10 (Tien was with characters that were a lot more stronger than he is and unaware of the real stakes). I mean this arc's been a lot more kinder to the side cast than most arcsin a while.
    Last edited by Kizuchan; July 17th, 2017 at 05:24 AM.

As for now Goku and Vegeta lead in most eliminations with 6, I think Kale will surpass them next week, she is going get rid of a good chunk of fodders.
    HE WHO IS NOT COURAGEOUS ENOUGH TO TAKE RISKS WILL ACCOMPLISH NOTHING IN LIFE.
    -MUHAMMAD ALI(1942-2016)

My theory is that two of the universes will have an equal amount of survivors and the plot evloves into a traditional tournament. Though I doubit it.

I've been keeping a tally of how many 'kills' each universe gets seeing as that is what they basically are.

14 people out so far, 12 have been caused by Universe 7, 1 by Universe 6 and 1 by Universe 9.

Goku and Vegeta took out 3 together and 3 each,
    18 and Krillin 1 each and 1 together,
    Roshi took out 1,
    Frieza took out 1

In Universe 6 Frost took out someone and then in 9 Basil took out someone.

Kale will probably eliminate a lot of fodder in the next episode but it's pretty typical that out heroes are the ones with the highest kill count.

I keep thinking Basil eliminated that spinning robot but he and Hit apparently just broke its arms and left it in the game.
    Complicating things since 2009.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information