+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 215 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Broly but this time it's not Broly

Default Re: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Last Time, on Dragonball Discussion Z

I still say the Spirit Sword slicing through the Time Ring and letting Beerus's attack catch up with Zamasu would have been a lot better than what we got, but I do like the idea of Trunks being a healer.

Also:

Spoiler:

Which Supreme Kai?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    On a side note. I hate Roshi more and more. He's like Mineta except he can fight better.
    Roshi was willing to sacrifice himself to seal King Piccolo; Mineta has never done anything remotely as noble.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I still say the Spirit Sword slicing through the Time Ring and letting Beerus's attack catch up with Zamasu would have been a lot better than what we got, but I do like the idea of Trunks being a healer.

Also:

Which Supreme Kai?

Roshi was willing to sacrifice himself to seal King Piccolo; Mineta has never done anything remotely as noble.
    My statement still stands. Roshi can be/ was an active fighter. Which is the only thing that puts him slightly above Mineta. But now he's a gross old man. I don't care what he did in dragonball if all he's gonna do currently is be that character type.

I was amused by Yamcha's sad, pathetic bedroom and that he apparently shares a bed with Puar

Enjoyed a lot of the silly stuff that the magic girl from U2, Mr Popo reminding Vegeta of the pecking order, Gowasu still a hopeless Godtube addict. Unfortunately, we got no resolution as to whether that "cat" was rescued.

Though I am curious about Roshi's "training" -- If he fails to overcome his lecherous ways, will he drop out of the tournament? Or is he just wanting an excuse to chase a pretty girl around? I'm hoping it is a earnest effort of Roshi's for this tournament.

With the Krillin & Android dropping out, it seems that Buu is not the only one that is dropping out. Though like Buu, we saw them both train quite a bit and it would be disappointing to see that go to waste. I'm hoping all 3 end up making it to the tournament. Maybe Roshi will end up dropping out due to his inability to overcome his greatest weakness...

https://kolektakon.com/ Louis-1988's Avatar

Roshi's bit was hilarious. Poor Puar..

The manga really highlights how dull Zamasu is, anime Goku Black was definitely the better villain of that arc to me. It's more tightly plotted, but again, feels like a plot summary. If the manga skips all the characterization and goes straight to the Tournament of Power, it'll be the "faster" version, but also definitely weaker. People joke about it being the Goku and Vegeta series, but that's very literally what the manga is.

I mean it was also very much a problem in the first anime arcs, but there was still at least some time spent on other characters. Manga's got pretty much nothing so far. Stuff like the Pan episode and baseball episode make me care and this set-up has been that. There have been a couple of flavorless episodes, but for the most part it has made me care. Manga has a few fun moments, but feels bland. Just fix that and it'll be the best version.
    Last edited by Kizuchan; May 21st, 2017 at 10:32 PM.

One thing the manga has going for it is much, much better fight choreography.

The thing with the portal-punches was really neat...even if it was kinda borrowed from Janemba.

The fights in the anime so far have completely failed to have any memorability, except maybe Buu vs. Kicking Wolf Guy, which had cool choreography and felt crispier than normal.

I've really liked some of the sparring fights. Goku vs. 17 and Goku vs. Krillin had great atmosphere. Goku vs. Gohan last week was great, but as far as choreography goes, yeah manga's are probably better, particularly if you compare the corresponding material which is the U6 arc and Future Trunks arc (though Goku vs. Hit was definitely better in the anime, I think). I like some of the smart fighting we've seen with Gohan vs. Piccolo and Goku vs. Krillin, but the real effort clearly went into making it about the characters.

Im a bit surprised she has started to become popular.

"IF YOUíRE A MAN YOU DONíT CRY ABOUT IT. YOU TAKE LIFE THE UPS AND DOWNS. IF YOUíRE A REAL MAN YA NEVER GO DOWN YA JUST STAY UP"
    - RIC FLAIR

Quote Originally Posted by LordPerucho View Post
    Im a bit surprised she has started to become popular.

http://i67.tinypic.com/ztbup1.jpg
    I'm not surprised. They threw in an unconventional magic girl into dbz and she's the we see Vegeta fighting in the opening.

I'm really enjoying these recruiting episodes for the tournament. I'm looking forward to see more of Brianne when the tournament starts up.

Pretty sadistic writing, Buu is out, Yamcha wants to be in. What will happen next? Is Goku going to ask the Baseball champion of all the Universes?

I can't think of any other
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Pretty sadistic writing, Buu is out, Yamcha wants to be in. What will happen next? Is Goku going to ask the Baseball champion of all the Universes?

I can't think of any other
    They could ask the turtle. Who knows how much secret potential it has.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Yeah, she trained with Roshi her entire life for this moment #in10thFighter
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luffy View Post
    With the Krillin & Android dropping out, it seems that Buu is not the only one that is dropping out.
    It's too much to hope that Krillin and 18 dropping out is the entirely natural reaction on their part to the idea of Goku inviting Freeza.
    Complicating things since 2009.

with 18 and Krillin leaving, Goku finds no other course of action than to find Monster Carrot and General Blue in the afterlife

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

In the end the real team is Goku with every major villain except Buu. Freeza, Cell, King Piccolo, General Blue, Pilaf. They're all there!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    with 18 and Krillin leaving, Goku finds no other course of action than to find Monster Carrot and General Blue in the afterlife
    Monster Carrot + Devilman. Just grab those two and use Goku + Vegeta + Gohan to shield them. Tournament won. . .

. . .except Devilman would straight up kill their opponents, which is a no go.

Oh, and apparently there are a couple of uber justice good guys among their rivals, so scrap Devilman.

But Monster Carrot would be an awesome addition.

I havent seen the episodes, so can someone pls tell me, why 18 and Krillin are dropping out?
    3DS FC: 2707-2567-8190

Quote Originally Posted by KrogGar View Post
    I havent seen the episodes, so can someone pls tell me, why 18 and Krillin are dropping out?
    We don't know, it's just the preview.
    My opinion is that it is a "false drama".

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    But Monster Carrot would be an awesome addition.
    Yeah, I atually really miss these kind of crazy abilities. To be honest, for the most part these fighters from the other universes just feel completely generic. I mean we're talking about completely different universes here. Wouldn't it be only natural to see a potpourri of crazy different abilities and fighting styles? At least there seem to be a few standing out like Brienne...
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information