+ Reply to Thread
Page 245 of 247 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 243 244 245 246 247 LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,900 of 4938

Thread: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Broly but this time it's not Broly

Default Re: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Broly but this time it's not Broly

I predict Goku's going to be an unlikable douche in this one who cares about nothing and no-one but the fight! :)

So, is it finally time for Perfect-er Cell? Or maybe it's going to be Mecha Bojack? Or Platinum Cooler?

Also, if we're going to predict stuff, I say the surprise character is going to be: A - Broly, B - Jiren or C - Future Trunks.

You know, I wouldn't be mad at all if they just completely ripped off the fights from the current arc of Adventure of Dai.

Spoilers, but if you're a Dragonball fan who wants something similar and hasn't been convinced to look into the series yet I'd check it out:
    Spoiler:

I'm guessing that the unexpected character is going to be Cooler, and if that winds up being the case, then I think we'll get a fusion between Cooler and Freeza. (they brought up fusion to Freeza in the last movie, and I figure they're going to follow up on that at some point)

Though maybe they should go in a different direction than that; the previous two movies and the final arc of Super had Freeza as a pretty major focus.

Honestly I enjoy Detective Vegeta, feel free to give me more of that

"You hold a grudge against saiyans???"
    "Neener-neener-neener i'm not telling!!! haha-haha-ha-ha!!!!"

"You'll pay for your crimes saiyan! Though I never saw you personally do anything, I'm going to assume it's all your fault because well ... you're a saiyan ... and well, you committed the crimes, that's all you need to know!!! forget the minor details!! THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT!!"

10 chapters later:
    "this fight was a setup why didn't you guys tell me you had nothing to do with it!?!?!!"

Dr. Slump is now up on Tubi tv. It's the 90's version of the show (The version that aired after Dragon Ball GT ended.).

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    Dr. Slump is now up on Tubi tv. It's the 90's version of the show (The version that aired after Dragon Ball GT ended.).
    It's subtitled?

There are barely any fansubs for that version so that would be a very welcome surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffy View Post
    "You hold a grudge against saiyans???"
    "Neener-neener-neener i'm not telling!!! haha-haha-ha-ha!!!!"

"You'll pay for your crimes saiyan! Though I never saw you personally do anything, I'm going to assume it's all your fault because well ... you're a saiyan ... and well, you committed the crimes, that's all you need to know!!! forget the minor details!! THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT!!"

10 chapters later:
    "this fight was a setup why didn't you guys tell me you had nothing to do with it!?!?!!"
    Yeah I was starting to dig the arc but... this last chapter just ground it into the dirt for me. I'm not impressed or wowed by how strong the new guy is, I'm annoyed that it's inevitably going to go down EXACTLY that route because he couldn't ask two questions before starting to go for death blows.

(Also, that he got that initial hit in because "goku was being sloppy" doesn't help. ANd only two senzu beans? I know those things are always in short supply but how do they not manage to grow stockpiles during peacetime? )

That's kind of how its gonna have to go now unless he doe a full villain heel turn and starts being evil for the sake of evil instead of justice.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    It's subtitled?

There are barely any fansubs for that version so that would be a very welcome surprise.
    Yep, It's subtitled. You just have to turn on the closed caption button on Tubi to see the english subs.

I like how this arc is going down quite a bit, myself. The action has been so much nicer to follow.

In the beginning of the arc, we see Granolah flashback directly back to Bardock destroying his home and he's been sitting on this trauma for decades.

I think it makes sense for him to not be reasoned with. I don't think it really matters much whether Goku and Vegeta were tricked or not or whether they are good now or not.

As this chapter basically directly points out.

I like how Granolah also defeats Goku here in this chapter, too. It's all about his sniper skill and how he uses it because Goku still has work to do with Ultra Instinct. How hard Granolah can punch is not the dangerous part of him as an antagonist.

It's all a matter of character perspective here. Which I very much like.

I also like that the bluff is caught by Vegeta. It's a whole bunch of little things that make this good to me.

I think and like that this could go in a whole bunch of different directions.

I mean it could also go in the "Welp new enemy shows up now (Freeza) and he's suddenly good now." direction. But for now I feel like it could go a bunch more ways.

I'm liking the pacing for this arc so far. I like that Vegeta isn't making some the mistakes that he did back during the Cell saga with him figuring out the Heater's plans. I'm curious what is going to be Freeza's role into this story.

I wonder if the Cerealian invasion is part of what set Bardock down a path of being disillusioned with the way the Saiyans had been acting until then? That'd be a really nice tie-in to the flashback in Movie #20.
    She/Her
    Want to be a girl? Click here!
    What's gender dysphoria, you ask? Click here to find out!

It'd be better if they didn't. Universe shrinks every time you tie together two old events.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

On the one hand its a bit weird how the scale of battles seems to have shrunk a fair bit, despite participants being stronger than ever...like this bout doesn't quite feel like its between people who can blow up planets with ease. But on the other hand, its kind of refreshing? Like, Granola landing a hit on Goku by speeding ahead of him in a dense forest then using a sash to swing around and do a surprise kick seems incredibly simplistic by series standards, but is more gratifying than characters hurtling even biggerer-er energy balls at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    On the one hand its a bit weird how the scale of battles seems to have shrunk a fair bit, despite participants being stronger than ever...like this bout doesn't quite feel like its between people who can blow up planets with ease. But on the other hand, its kind of refreshing? Like, Granola landing a hit on Goku by speeding ahead of him in a dense forest then using a sash to swing around and do a surprise kick seems incredibly simplistic by series standards, but is more gratifying than characters hurtling even biggerer-er energy balls at each other.
    It doesn't really need to always be about planets blowing up. It's not like the characters can't just be written to be pin-pointing their strength into their enemies so as to avoid destroying the environment and stuff. That being said, a variety of types of fights is what is best so yeah, I like some of the ideas present in these last two arcs but they really are just not well strung together. Toyo-tarou crams way too many panels onto a page and his A-to-B connections are so awkward. I'm hoping that the TV anime is able to really go all-out with the battles when these are inevitably adapted and make them more exciting.
    She/Her
    Want to be a girl? Click here!
    What's gender dysphoria, you ask? Click here to find out!

Spoiler:

Soooo...what IS that?

That was a great chapter. Vegeta's tatics throughout the chapter reminded me of some stuff that he did back during his fight against Zarbon.

So Vegeta achieving what sounds like Ultra Instinct (but probably isn't the same thing) makes him loose his eyebrows? Wasn't that a SS3 only thing so far?
    We all float down here!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    So Vegeta achieving what sounds like Ultra Instinct (but probably isn't the same thing) makes him loose his eyebrows? Wasn't that a SS3 only thing so far?
    3 AND Great Ape form lose the eyebrows.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information