+ Reply to Thread
Page 226 of 235 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 4688

Thread: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Broly but this time it's not Broly

Default Re: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Broly but this time it's not Broly

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Wouldn't that had required Vegeta to actually give a damn about his people which we knew by him murdering Nappa he didn't?
    Vegeta held it against Frieza that he destroyed the planet. ANd he's grown and changed since back then. He even takes pride in universe 6 Saiyans now, and they're not even his.

Him not caring about Raditz and Nappa was because they were grunt soldiers that had proven to be useless, and he was the prince... but the planet as a whole, and his father, he cared about.

The same King Kai who tried to talk Piccolo out of going to Namek something that would've actually had been a bad idea?
    He was right though. Piccollo on Namek was completely useless and put the dragonballs at risk. If he hadn't merged with Nail, he would have been zero help, and even then he only stalled Frieza for a few minutes. Ultimately they WOULD have been better off with him not going. Maybe they'd all have died before Goku went super, but... It was actually the right call.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

As a kid he didn't seem to care much the planet was destroyed, at least not in the new Broly movie.

But in general, I think it's a sort of selective caring because of the whole higher class warrior thing at first and then it broadens because of his arc. It's just never highlighted in the story properly. Nobody calls him out on that, which actually would be something interesting to do or at least briefly highlight, I think.

Like, constantly talks about Saiyan pride and stuff, but never cared when the Saiyans in universe 7 were murdered/he killed one himself.
    Last edited by Kizuchan; July 17th, 2019 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Vegeta held it against Frieza that he destroyed the planet. ANd he's grown and changed since back then. He even takes pride in universe 6 Saiyans now, and they're not even his.
    Well yeah now before all that dude was pretty much a self centered prick who never considered ever using the DragonBalls to resurrect his people. And even now hasn't ever as far as I know considered doing that.

Him not caring about Raditz and Nappa was because they were grunt soldiers that had proven to be useless,
    Raditz maybe but it seems kind of weird to consider Nappa useless cause he couldn't beat Goku (something Vegeta couldn't do until he transformed)......after he did all the work moping the floor with everyone else bar Yamcha...and kinda sorta Chaiotzu.

He was right though. Piccollo on Namek was completely useless and put the dragonballs at risk. If he hadn't merged with Nail, he would have been zero help, and even then he only stalled Frieza for a few minutes.

Yeah that was kinda of the good thing since otherwise Frieza would've simply walked over everyone otherwise.

Ultimately they WOULD have been better off with him not going. Maybe they'd all have died before Goku went super,
    Or worst case scenario Frieza would've just blown Namek to hell and killed everyone outright being that by that point Guru was already dead. And then maybe go to earth after Piccolo & Kami get wished back and blow up the earth too.

Basically the were in potential lose-lose situation regardless.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; July 17th, 2019 at 07:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Seriously, Vegeta didn't even care about his own son (initially). I guess because he was an unworthy "half-breed" or something?

Well, we don't have the off camera details beyond what Team Four Star did, but it seems like he and Bulma hadn't really hooked up romantically and were more just some one offs. No personal attachment to be had.

Then he grew a heart over the next 7 years (or 9 I guess with the time room)
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Seriously, Vegeta didn't even care about his own son (initially). I guess because he was an unworthy "half-breed" or something?
    I like to think that was more because he really didn't know how to be a father given he lost his at such an early age.......that in addition to not being very familiar with the concept of compassion.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

How long till they revive cell and make him a constant character "who may betray us at any moment" like freeza is now

I mean it's gonna happen at some point right?

Freeza was popular is the difference

Also Cell's spots make him a pain to animate.

If they were going to test the waters with him they had a tournament with a million characters where he could have had en expy, and he didn't. They had Frieza clones, Piccollo clones, and Broly clones, but nothing like Cell or Buu. (And that Buu has gotten canned from two tournaments now and even pulled from the opening as a bait and switch shows how little they care about him.)

Hell, its amazing Tien was even on the team given they apparently hate him. Must be why he did nothing.

They don't look like they hate Tien anymore than they hate Yamcha who hasn't done anything worthwhile for about 35 years (in our time).

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    They don't look like they hate Tien anymore than they hate Yamcha who hasn't done anything worthwhile for about 35 years (in our time).
    Yamcha they've memed at this point into a lovable loser. He even got his own spinoff comic.

Tien is just sort of... there. ROSHI has come out and surpassed him now when a huge point before was that Roshi has been surpassed bty the young uns forever. (Really none of the humans should have been anywhere near the ToP)

Like, neither one of them is going to win an important fight, but....

They really did go way out of their way to have the humans be in the TOP.

Such wasted opportunity to see more of Buu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

I mean, I'm all for those characters doing STUFF, but in terms of sheer power scaling they were passed up long, looooong ago. The TOP fighters should have been able to just sneeze and take them out.

Luckily, the strongest all the universes had kind of sucked, there were actually only a handful of freaks at main protag power levels. Though had universe 6 actually put forward its Saiyan population instead of just 3 of them, and they'd had any time to train, it should have been able to just stomp basically everything.

Yamcha they've memed at this point into a lovable loser. He even got his own spinoff comic.

Tien is just sort of... there. ROSHI has come out and surpassed him now when a huge point before was that Roshi has been surpassed bty the young uns forever. (Really none of the humans should have been anywhere near the ToP)

Like, neither one of them is going to win an important fight, but....
    Tien was always the most impressive of the humans in Z I thought, mostly because of that time when he stopped semi-perfect cell from advancing towards the cyborgs with his Tri Beam, I mean he didn't really hurt him at all, but it still stopped him from progressing which was a hell of alot more than the others could do at that time

which is really depressing that's the highwater mark for human characters in the series

Well sucks to be you because Toriyama has said Tenshinhan is NOT HUMAN. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    Well sucks to be you because Toriyama has said Tenshinhan is NOT HUMAN. Lol.
    Never once stated or addressed in the manga, it doesn't count. Toriyama has also said we get female Buus eventually but it ain't there yet and subject to change.

With Piccolo and Vegeta filling the same spot Tien did once (former bad guy turned good and to a sidekick of Goku) he sure is lost to be important anytime soon.
    Especially when we still have Krillin who snatches the nostalgia.

Fun Fact: When i was first time watching the tournament with Tien, i bet/hoped that Chao Zu would turn out to be the main antagonist^^
    Guess i never thought that much of Tien, even when i consider his fights with Goku really great, still using techniques and skill instead of pure power leveling.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san/C.Gaban
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma/Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Roger/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/last ancient weapon/the D.clan
    DFSpider/Wind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

All the non-Saiyans should just go to train with Whis for a while, so it makes more sense for them to be able to even sort of keep up with the Saiyans.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Never once stated or addressed in the manga, it doesn't count. Toriyama has also said we get female Buus eventually but it ain't there yet and subject to change.
    Guess we'll just have to settle for 21.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    All the non-Saiyans should just go to train with Whis for a while, so it makes more sense for them to be able to even sort of keep up with the Saiyans.
    Considering how not too easy the training was for Goku & Vegeta who are training whores that'd go about as well trying to teach cat how the bark.

I liked the logic of krilln and roshi being in, to counter the tricky opponents, and they had kept up with that, maybe I'd believe it.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information