+ Reply to Thread
Page 224 of 226 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 222 223 224 225 226 LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,480 of 4506

Thread: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Broly but this time it's not Broly

Default Re: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Broly but this time it's not Broly

Well unless your name is Frieza and Cooler and both your bodies got wrecked causing you both to become part machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Does 16 counts as a mech?

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Well unless your name is Frieza and Cooler and both your bodies got wrecked causing you both to become part machine.
    Those aren't mech suits, they're full body replacements. Same with the androids. Presumably those things keep the ki-flow intact. Or in the android's case, provide an infinite energy source.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I'm enjoying this new Super manga arc a bunch.

The story actually allows moments to breathe, it actually has a few pretty cool character moments and goat demon has a very cool story going on as a villain.

It actually feels like a story, instead of a bland plot summary like the manga felt to me until the end of the manga ToP.

So far, it's striking a very careful balance of not just being a rehash of old stuff, even if there clearly are old elements being used (notably Moro being very King Piccolo-like character-wise, but still feeling just new enough, with a bunch of new things still standing out about his character).

Gotta say, I agree. . .though not on every front. I find Moro pretty boring so far. Also, this is suffering from the same ailments as the Goku Black arc, which is. . .we've been through this before. It's reeeeally hard no to get massive flashbacks from the Namek arc.

But this last few chapters added a new element, and that is. . .well, just read it. It made me really happy to see it, honestly.

Spoilers in case you want to ruin the surprise:

Spoiler:
    After being blueballed to hell and back with Buu, he's basically back in full force here. He's the de-facto protagonist of the arc, kind of like Trunks was in the anime version of the Goku Black arc, and he's actually kicking asses and taking names. Of course the arc's still not finished, and seeing the uber messy narrative of the Goku Black arc and, to a certain extent, the Tournament arc, I can sort of see the whole "get defeated - run - hide - heal - fight again - get defeated - run - hide - heal - repeat ad nauseam" shtick that has become par for the course with DBSuper happening again, but at least for the past two chapters and, from what I gather, at least the next few ones, Buu is a massive player in this arc. So, if only to see that happen, go read it.

Also, gotta say, and that's something I've said for a long time, the fighting is way better in the manga. It's more creative, more Toriyama-like (and Toriyama-lite, too, of course). The anime feels like what people think DBZ fights are like, but. . .that's not really how Toriyama paced-crafted his fights, at all. The manga version is the most similar experience out of the two, even if it's still not stellar by a long shot.

The new chapter of Super was pretty good. The current arc is so reminding me of the Piccolo arc from the original Dragon Ball with things continuing more hopeless for Goku and the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    The new chapter of Super was pretty good. The current arc is so reminding me of the Piccolo arc from the original Dragon Ball with things continuing more hopeless for Goku and the others.
    It has similarities to me as we. that and the fact that it was occurring on Namek was starting to make me hope Piccolo might come back into the story for this fight. I always hoped that they would do something more with his Kami half. Wishful thinking I am sure.
    Life flows on. I'd just go with it if I were me.

HOOOOLY.....

this apparently took the guy 3.5 months and over 1000 hours. And this video doesn't even show the shading part at the end!

There's a poster from forever ago that was similarly impressive that just cut and paste existing art. This is way cooler and more comprehensive and up to date. I'm... gonna have to get that print.

Last edited by Robby; June 10th, 2019 at 12:52 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

16 chars of that's cool.

So. Is everyone there?

Just imagine being near finish and realizing people are missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Considering that he repeated characters because of changing designs and transformations, I doubt it. Or he put them on top of any of the dragons.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    So. Is everyone there?

Just imagine being near finish and realizing people are missing.
    Near as i can tell he got everyone. I'm sure he missed some dialogue-less background extras just there for reaction shots but he seems to have gotten everything that had dialogue or was recognizably seen for more than one panel.

Last edited by Robby; June 13th, 2019 at 10:26 AM.

The new chapter of Dragon Ball Super was pretty good.

Spoiler:
    I thought it was interesting we know now that the evil half of Buu have God ki. I'm continuing to enjoy the plot development for this storyline, since it so reminding me of the Piccolo Daimao arc in some ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    The new chapter of Dragon Ball Super was pretty good.

Spoiler:
    I thought it was interesting we know now that the evil half of Buu have God ki. I'm continuing to enjoy the plot development for this storyline, since it so reminding me of the Piccolo Daimao arc in some ways.
    Yeah, it's definitely interesting, just one thing confuses me:

Spoiler:
    Why are Vegeta and Goku so damned sure they're way stronger than Moro? Moro literally moped the floor with the two of them at the same time. Yes, by absorbing/depriving them of their energy, but that's a passive skill that he has, right? IT takes no effort from him to just progressively steal his opponent's energy. . .so how were they exactly planning on avoiding that?

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely interesting, just one thing confuses me:

Spoiler:
    Why are Vegeta and Goku so damned sure they're way stronger than Moro? Moro literally moped the floor with the two of them at the same time. Yes, by absorbing/depriving them of their energy, but that's a passive skill that he has, right? IT takes no effort from him to just progressively steal his opponent's energy. . .so how were they exactly planning on avoiding that?
    Spoiler:
    But how can the evil half god ki if they could have sensed him all the way back in DBZ?

I still HATE the retcon they did it with the Potara. In the manga they clearly say that once you do the fusion,you can never come back separated. And the Vegeth's division was an exception,only because he was in Majin Bu's body(kinda forced,but still). In Super,they suddendly say "If two humans do the Potara fusion it lasts one hour". What?? I hated that so much.

Hey if you can except the asspull of Vegetto's fusion being cancelled out via Buu Energy Shenanigans you can accept Vegetto's fusion being cancelled out because of SSGSS energy shenanigans.....that and with Shin & Kibito's potara fusion being undone even before that by a wish (which even in canon as far as I know was never stated to not be a viable option to undo Potara fusion) it wouldn't have stayed permanent anyway.

Given how broken Vegetto is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Hey if you can except the asspull of Vegetto's fusion being cancelled out via Buu Energy Shenanigans you can accept Vegetto's fusion being cancelled out because of SSGSS energy shenanigans.....that and with Shin & Kibito's potara fusion being undone even before that by a wish (which even in canon as far as I know was never stated to not be a viable option to undo Potara fusion) it wouldn't have stayed permanent anyway.

Given how broken Vegetto is.
    Nope they say that if you are not a God the fusion last only 1 hour. But in the original manga during the Bu arc they crearly say "You will never come back separated". Goku makes also a joke "This means i will have to go to school" (because he was planning to do the fusion with Gohan).

You can chalk that up to Shin just being incompetent and knowing literally nothing about his job or the people he was dealing with.

"Didn't know how the Potara worked" is right up there with "Buu always looked like that" and "holding Gohan in place so the badguys can steal a full half of the energy they need is a GOOD idea" and "II have paid zero attention to how strong these Saiyans are" and "I have been paying zero attention to the planet Buu's prison is on"

Basically anything that happens in dragonball you can chalk up to Shin being incompetent in some way, shape, or form

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information