+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 247 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Broly but this time it's not Broly

Default Re: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Last Time, on Dragonball Discussion Z

They are going by fights won, not power levels. Yamcha has a 1, goten and trunks are at 0, while Roshi and Tien are world martial arts champions.

If it bothers someone that much, assume that Buff Roshi is stronger than the whipper snappers.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Jako uses a gun for most of his combat.

Arale is the one that they should think about.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Ya know. If "because araki" is good enough, I'll just start going "Because Toriyama".
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Benjaman View Post
    In canon isnt Bra suppose to be years older than Pan? So why is she born now a few months at least after Pan. Doesnt add up.
    Nope. The manga never gave them actual ages, and Bra's birthday has contradicting years depending on the source. Mostly its that GT portrayed Bra as looking a little older and more like a girly girl teenager than young tomboy Pan so it was always kind of assumed Bra was older.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoNico28 View Post
    Curious if it's been asked and answered yet, but why are 17 and 18 still referred to by their numbers rather then their names that Toriyama gave them?
    Because Toriyama didn't come up with them until 20 years later so nobody actually knows them by those names.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    That said, ignoring their training seems to nerf people from their DBZ levels to actually being weaker than they were in Dragon Ball.
    Including Gohan who wasn't even born yet!
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post

Arale is the one that they should think about.
    I know Goku is dense but I do wonder why it never crossed his mind to consider an android that just RECENTLY had a stalemate against him.

And if I'm not mistaken...just dropped the fight when she claimed she could boost her power 100x or something. Seems like a pretty good deal to me compared to Roshi. But eh...*shrug*

(Plus I think this is like his...third of fourth time he has met her but...yeah *shrug*)

The way that berus and whis reacted to the androids being "enhanced humans" points to an existing restriction to artificial beigns, but there was Buu and the magma robot already.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    I know Goku is dense but I do wonder why it never crossed his mind to consider an android that just RECENTLY had a stalemate against him.

And if I'm not mistaken...just dropped the fight when she claimed she could boost her power 100x or something. Seems like a pretty good deal to me compared to Roshi. But eh...*shrug*

(Plus I think this is like his...third of fourth time he has met her but...yeah *shrug*)
    Because Arale is powered by gag humor. She's unstoppable when its funny. But in a serious situation she'd be pretty weak.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Picked up the manga and caught up!

It's missing a lot of the fun character stuff. The characters make all the right decisions - especially Goku - and that's both a good and a bad thing in my eyes.

It's good because... well, better plotting. I like the gag with the sealing label much more than Goku just being plain forgetful because it was so very obviously just to keep extending the plot, for example. Just that single line about Super Saiyan Rose makes things better and that's all that was needed, but we never got even that in the anime. You can assume stuff, but if the story doesn't address it directly, it's patchy writing.

It's something I'd criticize.. because I like Goku's easy-going nature (and his confidence) being a flaw just as much as something endearing, it's something that hasn't really explored before with his character. I also like the Kaioshin and Beerus having those moments of "incompetency". They're not perfect and their flaws actually now have clear consequences (that being the universe only having 28 planets with civilizations left - as overblownly small as it seems when considering the size of a galaxy) than just being a "charming trait".

It's gonna be a problem if it's not addressed, of course, which is very likely considering it's Toei, but for the time being it's interesting to me. For example at this point Manga Goku asking for the tournament wouldn't make sense because he isn't so easy-going and overconfident.

I also like Goku Black's more calm cray in the anime more. One of my favorite bits about Goku Black was that he was kind of a mix of Goku and Zamasu, but also how he was just so elegant about murdering everything. It was a lot more fun than generic Zamasu. Manga just has literally two Zamasu.

No Baby Pan chapter is a crime. Mario Kart Z was good, but no Baby Pan episode.
    Last edited by Kizuchan; March 27th, 2017 at 08:33 AM.

Look what I found, seems that 28 planets was already planned

"IF YOUíRE A MAN YOU DONíT CRY ABOUT IT. YOU TAKE LIFE THE UPS AND DOWNS. IF YOUíRE A REAL MAN YA NEVER GO DOWN YA JUST STAY UP"
    - RIC FLAIR

But they specifically don't know about new namek, while kaioshin does.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I think that the small number of planets is a set up as a way to open up space in the universe for wishing the losing universes people to fill in universe 7.
    Life flows on. I'd just go with it if I were me.

BTW I cant imagine the amount of shitstorm if Gohan loses to Krillin in the upcoming episode.
    "IF YOUíRE A MAN YOU DONíT CRY ABOUT IT. YOU TAKE LIFE THE UPS AND DOWNS. IF YOUíRE A REAL MAN YA NEVER GO DOWN YA JUST STAY UP"
    - RIC FLAIR

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I actually don't hate Yamcha and actually believe he got a raw deal in the manga due to Toriyama
    introducing Krillin and just plain sucking at developing characters (for the most part) it's just fun to bust his balls.
    Ok, the way you were talking I though you did, yeah it is fun, that is why I said I was expecting them to either ignore him or make a joke out of him not going with them.

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post

Same thing with Squirrel Girl somehow beating Thanos and other big bads at Marvel, it's a joke character, doing stuff that makes no sense for comedic effect.
    Last edited by GetsugaZoro; March 27th, 2017 at 11:52 AM.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

I said this before and i'll say it again:
    Yamcha is the prime example of wasted charachter potential in Dragon Ball. He has his own fighting style which is actually really cool and was was portraied as a competent fighter at least until the Gero debacle. Hadn't Z become a powerbeam orgy since the Sayians, and instead stayed closer to more "traditional" martial arts (while always as absurdly over the top as possible, of course), him and Tien would have been lots of fun to watch battle. Especially Yamcha, having actual personality.

Sadly Toei is more dedicated in sucking the fanbase's dick as hard as it can instead of trying something unorthodox while potentially fun, which translates in Goku and Vegeta occupying the whole spotlight and everybody else being the joke...

Taking Muten back in action is still a great idea that partially contradicts my point, but makes little to no sense in context. I mean, how can he be considered before all the people who are obviously stronger than him?
    Last edited by Alfiere; March 27th, 2017 at 03:08 PM.
    Curiosity has its own reason for existing

Vegeta hasnt had the spotlight since the Hit mini-arc when he was begging Whis to do Gokus "training", Gohan and Krillin has had more screen time than Vegeta since then, and Gohan now feels like he is part of the Main Cast, and Krillin might be in that group too because he is getting another powerup.

Although the thing with Krillin is that the main reason he is getting a push is because he is Luffy, he is getting about to get another episode centered on him.
    - RIC FLAIR

Previews are out

Spoiler:
    Buu is training and slimmed down... We have a winner... Buu with training should be overkill

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Previews are out

Spoiler:
    Buu is training and slimmed down... We have a winner... Buu with training should be overkill
    Wait what?! Where?

Quote Originally Posted by FirstClassCook View Post
    Wait what?! Where?
    At Kanzenshuu Herms tweeted it... Sadly twitter links are blocked at my work

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    At Kanzenshuu Herms tweeted it... Sadly twitter links are blocked at my work
    Don't worry about it, I'll check them out.

Manlet Daishinkan.
    - RIC FLAIR

Each day a new reason to mourn Freeza not being in the team

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Is that an official redraw? Or fan made?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information