+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 221 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 4412

Thread: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Broly but this time it's not Broly

Default Re: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Last Time, on Dragonball Discussion Z

His heart is pure, pure selfagrandization.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Vegeta seems to get an arm hurt a lot.

This episode had some good animation. And it's weird that I feel like I'm actually rooting for Vegeta to win instead of getting beat up lol.

I don't like the new ending very much. Mostly the soft fluffy songs feel put of place to me. The last ending was much better.

The endings seemed to be out of order, specially weird having one that features U6 as high as U11.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Vegeta and Future Trunks are the new Gohan's

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    The endings seemed to be out of order, specially weird having one that features U6 as high as U11.
    Probably because it's the only other universe that mattered. Not to mention they're definitely coming back.

lol it's funny that Jiren calls Vegeta arrogant but his nonchalant finishing move (turning away, arms crossed) and "Come, I'll tank your attack" attitude are pure arrogant 😂

Discovered Stowaway Sparsebeard's Avatar

Funniest thing about this arc is the fact that the Z fighters are pretty much the villains there:

They're the ones who personally eliminate all the other universes.

Goku suggested the whole idea of a death match to determine who has a right to exist amongst the universes.

And look at their competitors: a demon king, two death robots, the prince of a murder-race and an evil space emperor.

They crush a team who fight with the power of love and their final ennemies are a team of friggin superheroes who get cats down from trees and give ballons back to kids...

Goku suggests a tournament for funsies, who then is used to determine what universes get to be destroyed by it's arbitrer.

The universes instead of just realizing that "if we all leave one person in the ring, at the very least, then no one will be eliminated by the Omniking's rules!", but no, they use cheap logic to try and gang up on U7, who become the logical target later for being the team with the most participants.

Losing is being erased, after getting roped in this thing, is like surrendering in a match to the death. Stupid and suicidal.

And Picollo never was a demon king, that was his father, and ironically his worst crimen is to avenge his father, at the request of said murderer. The androids were two random kids drugged, kidnaped and altered by an evil scientist, and managed to reconnect with their humanity. And Frieza, who is just there because if they had put Yamcha, or one of the kids things would have gone worse.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Discovered Stowaway Sparsebeard's Avatar

Goku suggests a tournament for funsies, who then is used to determine what universes get to be destroyed by it's arbitrer.

The universes instead of just realizing that "if we all leave one person in the ring, at the very least, then no one will be eliminated by the Omniking's rules!", but no, they use cheap logic to try and gang up on U7, who become the logical target later for being the team with the most participants.

Losing is being erased, after getting roped in this thing, is like surrendering in a match to the death. Stupid and suicidal.

And Picollo never was a demon king, that was his father, and ironically his worst crimen is to avenge his father, at the request of said murderer. The androids were two random kids drugged, kidnaped and altered by an evil scientist, and managed to reconnect with their humanity. And Frieza, who is just there because if they had put Yamcha, or one of the kids things would have gone worse.
    Of course if you want to be dull and use logic to counter my totally fine argument...

Still, if the show was from the perspective of universe 11 it would seem like all other universes bravely sacrificing themselves in order to chip if even a little the strenght of evil universe 7 who, in turn, destroys universe after universe (with whole universes being destoyed in order to remove a single Z fighter). With random evil quotes from freeza and the like for the lulz...

The universes instead of just realizing that "if we all leave one person in the ring, at the very least, then no one will be eliminated by the Omniking's rules!"
    It would take exactly 2 seconds before the Omniking's would cry out: 'This is boring, I guess we'll just destroy all universes anyway.'

And it would probably take even less than that for the Mouse to try and betray the other universes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatanas View Post
    It would take exactly 2 seconds before the Omniking's would cry out: 'This is boring, I guess we'll just destroy all universes anyway.'
    THIS. It has been mentioned several times that the worst thing you can do is disappoint the Omni King. In the end the person who can destroy all of existence has the mentality of a 6 year old.
    Life flows on. I'd just go with it if I were me.

Shida Naotoshi dropped a bombshell of sorts today. He's taking credit for the scene where Trunks slices Freeza in half at the end of Dragon Ball Z Episode #120. This was an in-house and Studio Junio episode and at the time Shida was still working as an animator for Last House. I can kind of see Shida in how the shading is drawn on Trunks and his fingers in a few shots near the end as he uses his Burning Attack. He isn't sure why he was assigned the scene, either. It's not the first time we've had cases of uncredited key animation (Miyahara, Nakatsuru Katsuyoshi and I believe Satou Masaki) or even uncredited chief animation supervision (Miyahara Naoki and Shimanuki Masahiro were initially uncredited CAS for the Studio Cockpit and Studio Carpenter episodes). What's really interesting is how it's almost impossible to see Shida in those shots in #120. Animation Supervisor Nakatsuru must've really corrected his work heavily. Starting with Dragon Ball Z Episode #159 Shida left Last House and became an in-house animator for Toei Animation, where he has been ever since. For the rest of Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT Shida would work on the movies or episodes overseen by Miyahara Naoki or Yamamuro Tadayoshi (who is now the current character designer). It's crazying learning these new details twenty-seven years later. I wonder what else Shida did uncredited? He doesn't even remember a lot of the things he did receive credit for, so working on this scene must've been really impactful to him. I wonder who invited Shida to work on the scene, too? Nakatsuru? Episode Director Hashimoto? Were they trying to guage whether he was someone they should recruit to be in-house? After this episode Shida kept working with Last House on Episodes #123, #128, #132, #136 and #141, so it seems like nothing was determined quite yet. Prior to this, Nakatsuru did work with Shida on Dragon Ball Z Movie #4, where Nakatsuru was an animation supervisor. Hashimoto Mitsuo was also the director of Movie #4, so that also makes me think it was definitely one of their ideas.

Not that it's any surprising, but Shida is apparently also schedule to work on Dragon Ball Super again. I hope he has a good schedule.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Vegeta and Future Trunks are the new Gohan's
    Gohan is still the OG. Just wait for his moment. When he finally gets angry in this tournament, all hell is going to break loose

https://twitter.com/db_super2015/status/952112555538857984

https://twitter.com/db_super2015/status/952112555538857984
    At least post that they're spoiler pics for those who don't want to see them yet.

Spoiler pics...

BTW why does the forum looks so dead? Are all people wasting their time at Oro Jackson?

Spoiler pics...

BTW why does the forum looks so dead? Are all people wasting their time at Oro Jackson?
    I thought Oro was down?

Also might be dead cause at least in the states it's a 3 day weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I thought Oro was down?

Also might be dead cause at least in the states it's a 3 day weekend.
    No it’s up again but still shit.

Well maybe I’m just seeing into wrong. But the activity seems pretty bad if I look at the chapter thread alone.

But maybe it is the standard now... dunno cuz I’m barely around.

Still in the past it was far more active while now it seems everyone Ian talking Oro Jackson as numero 1 OP forum.

Which I find pretty sad. Even if I dropped OP the people here are still the best to talk about with

The new chapter released later than usual.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    Shida Naotoshi dropped a bombshell of sorts today. He's taking credit for the scene where Trunks slices Freeza in half at the end of Dragon Ball Z Episode #120.
    What but that was in the manga it was Toriyama wh-

This was an in-house and Studio Junio episode and at the time Shida was still working as an animator for Last House. I can kind of see Shida in how the shading is drawn on Trunks and his fingers in a few shots near the end as he uses his
    OH, never-mind it's that insane inexplicable thing where people act like the Korean sweat shop budget animation is Disney/Miyazaki stuff worthy of deep study.
    Carry on!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information