+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108
Results 2,141 to 2,143 of 2143

Thread: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Last Time, on Dragonball Discussion Z

Default Re: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Last Time, on Dragonball Discussion Z

Seeing how every flashy ki blast in this chapter merely grazed its targets or made superficial cuts, I say that bow was the MVP of this fight
    FC.0147-0584-2654

That, and the Conqueror Haki blast that elephant guy did. Cause it was Kingbition, right?

Gotta admit the Gods duking it out wasn't half bad. Also, props to the Goku vs. Toppo fight. In the anime it seemed like Goku was about to defeat Toppo had the fight kept on going, so him being so swiftly defeated in this version was a nice change, and properly hypes Jiren, the guy that's "much stronger than this you just experienced". Being "much stronger" than a guy you can actually defeat doesn't work as proper hype; proper hype works when you can't defeat someone and you're told "and this is nothing compared to. . .". Kinda like how Raditz -->Nappa --> Vegeta worked.

Plus, that kick alone has more impact and oomph than the entirety of the anime fights put together.

Goku going 1 transformation at a time during the fight (SS3 included) was super fanservicey. . .but the exact same thing happened in the anime two weeks ago so. . .yeah. As said, at least here we had SS3 too.

Last but not least, at this point I'm really torn. Do I prefer SS God being kept relevant as a "base state" from which to add "sudden bursts" of SSB in order to preserve energy, thus making SSG not irrelevant yet, or using SSB as the base level and adding Kaio Ken on top of it? I'd say the manga approach. . .but I just love the Kaio Ken. Doesn't matter anyways, though; in a couple weeks it's all gonna be about "Ultra Instinct" or wathever, and SSB will join the club of the "not useful anymore" transformations, so. . .

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    That's what makes it impressive. She shot a weak looking projectile at a god and seriously injured him.
    A weak looking projectile we will never learn anything about as to how its properties or mechanics are special.

I'm not making this a serious complaint. Hardly anything about Super's fights (or maybe most of the franchise) is consistent about its battles, let alone logical. I'm just saying it was surprising and looked weird.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    DnD rules, physical + energy damage is greater than just energy damage or physical damage.

It can't be "just an arrow".
    And do you think we will ever find out if it was more than "just an arrow"? It was a random one time weapon that was just supposed to look cool without you thinking too hard about it. Like everything in this series, especially Jiren's stare.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Seeing how every flashy ki blast in this chapter merely grazed its targets or made superficial cuts, I say that bow was the MVP of this fight
    The bow makes Jiren look like a scrub. This must have been why weapons were banned from the tournament. Imagine if somebody got their hands on the gun that grazed Krillin for this tournament.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information