+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 109 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2170

Thread: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Last Time, on Dragonball Discussion Z

Default Re: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Last Time, on Dragonball Discussion Z

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Space punching men need to expand their punching time to allow narration, because in real time the whole fight would take 2 minutes.
    The narration adds very little in this case, though.
    Ideally you want either very brief narration to offer information that the viewer may not be aware of, like this:
    (Hajime no Ippo spoilers)
    Spoiler:

Or narration that provides some insight into the relationship between the characters, leading up to a critical moment of character interaction:
    (more Hajime no Ippo spoilers)
    Spoiler:

...and I'm just going to include the follow-up scene because it was awesome and anyone who hasn't yet should really see the series.

I honestly don't mind the Namek Time stuff. Watching those Youtube videos of it playing out in real time is pretty entertaining, and I'm alright with it just being a thematic choice to focus on certain aspects of specific moments in what is really this insane brawl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Or they could just... not set a time limit at all and just have it be last team standing wins. Then you can really play with it and even have the tournament last for *days*.

I can't think of any dragonball tournament before this one that had a *time limit*.

The time passing doesn't really bother since the fighters have been figting at crazy speed for years. So that what I see happen is going 10 to 20 times faster doesn't seems outrageous to me.

As for the time limit I hope it means that the whole number of survivor will matter or else there was no point to it.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

It'd be fun if someone did a *legit* attempt at a video like this, where they kept all the action fast without the forced slowdown... but didn't also fastforward the talking and turn it all in a joke. I know, "gotta make it it 5 minutes" but... cutting it down from 10 hours to 1 hour wouldn't be bad. (DBZabridged sort of did it, but they paced for comedy and lots of extra dialogue, so...)

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    The time passing doesn't really bother since the fighters have been figting at crazy speed for years. So that what I see happen is going 10 to 20 times faster doesn't seems outrageous to me.

As for the time limit I hope it means that the whole number of survivor will matter or else there was no point to it.
    That is the ONLY thing that makes sense, if there ends up being a tie... or if one unexpected team wins because they happen to still have a chump on the field after the titans have blown each other out.

The time limit gets particularly weird when you have characters getting exhausted, resting and fully recovering in the middle of the tournament (a process that apparently takes around 5 minutes).
    FC.0147-0584-2654

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Or they could just... not set a time limit at all and just have it be last team standing wins. Then you can really play with it and even have the tournament last for *days*.

I can't think of any dragonball tournament before this one that had a *time limit*.
    The World Tournament in the Buu saga technically had a 30-minute time limit for fights, though it never actually factored into anything.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

That is the ONLY thing that makes sense, if there ends up being a tie... or if one unexpected team wins because they happen to still have a chump on the field after the titans have blown each other out.
    It would be funny if somehow U4 won because they never found the 2 invisible one and forgot about them.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    It would be funny if somehow U4 won because they never found the 2 invisible one and forgot about them.
    Would be funny if that's actually their special ability. The ability that just no one gives a shit about you.
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

Quote Originally Posted by ARTEMlS View Post
    Would be funny if that's actually their special ability. The ability that just no one gives a shit about you.
    I assumed it was there abilities. The stage was freaking flat at the start. Are people blind on that?

Considering the illusion woman, they could have a living shadow, a mini warrior, a parasyte, a fusion, plain invisible person, a flat beign, a living cloth...
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Pretty sure Tien has had that ability for a long time

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    Someone once pointed out to me that most people don't actually care about Tien, they care about the Neo Tri-Beam/Kikofuckyourself/Advanced Geometry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    I wonder how it would work if someone had the ability to get completely ignored. And poor Tien, at least he could get a girlfriend or something like that.
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

I wonder how it would work if someone had the ability to get completely ignored. And poor Tien, at least he could get a girlfriend or something like that.
    Too bad Toriyama forgot about Launch. He's got that new chick Roshi tried to sexually assault though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Too bad Toriyama forgot about Launch. He's got that new chick Roshi tried to sexually assault though.
    If U7 actually got erased, would Launch get erased, too? Can something non-existent become even more non-existent? Questions over questions.

If U7 actually got erased, would Launch get erased, too? Can something non-existent become even more non-existent? Questions over questions.
    Spoiler:

Tien and Launch will only be happy together when both are completely forgotten
    such is their fate

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Japan hates Tien so much they gave him Roshi's sloppy seconds.

If they really wanted to win, they would have brought Puar. He could have transformed into like a spider and just hung off the side of the arena as everyone else is knocked off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information