+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
Results 321 to 336 of 336

Thread: Chapter 856: Liar

  1. #321

    Default Re: Chapter 856: Liar

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Well Germa 66 is a mercenary organization before all else. I wouldn't say it's impossible WG promised them a control over North Blue in exchange for their help. Or something else, that gives Judge an advantage of some kind.

    Big Mom can't move her forces to North Blue freely, because it would compromise her position in NW. Even if she did, WG doesn't need to move all the top brass there, because North Blue kingdoms likely have their own forces. Forces which didn't bother Germa so far, because they were under the same roof organization.

    I can see why Judge would decide to break off WG if he thinks they'd never relinquish control over part of their territory. But at the same time, I don't see why he believes that BM can help him do that.
    Possibly, but Big Mom does have droves of forces, and even the weaker ones have been shown to be able to massacre people on their own. Especially since the North Blue is weaker than the Grand Line. So Big Mom could probably maintain powerful forces in both North Blue and the New World.

  2. #322

    Default Re: Chapter 856: Liar

    Pfff this arc is making me despise Sanji. He's an unsufferable crybaby. I thought he was a man among men, a true warrior of the sea with principles and a great personality but first I couldn't give a damn about his predicament because of his attitude and now I'm just "man, even Ussop had more nerve than this whiner".
    Again, this is just my opinion so I hope nobody gets offended by this.
    If you're going on a trip... where would you like to go?

  3. #323
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nampa, ID

    Default Re: Chapter 856: Liar

    Quote Originally Posted by John.Rambo View Post
    Pfff this arc is making me despise Sanji. He's an unsufferable crybaby. I thought he was a man among men, a true warrior of the sea with principles and a great personality but first I couldn't give a damn about his predicament because of his attitude and now I'm just "man, even Ussop had more nerve than this whiner".
    Again, this is just my opinion so I hope nobody gets offended by this.
    Whatever else you might feel, he does still have his principles. He can't leave people in the lurch, and that principle is motivating him to want to help a family he despises 4/5 of. To him it's the same as leaving someone to starve.

    That's how I see it anyway.

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  4. #324

    Default Re: Chapter 856: Liar

    Quote Originally Posted by John.Rambo View Post
    Pfff this arc is making me despise Sanji. He's an unsufferable crybaby. I thought he was a man among men, a true warrior of the sea with principles and a great personality but first I couldn't give a damn about his predicament because of his attitude and now I'm just "man, even Ussop had more nerve than this whiner".
    Again, this is just my opinion so I hope nobody gets offended by this.
    If you were in his position, what would you do? Would you just leave and let this man get killed?

  5. #325

    Default Re: Chapter 856: Liar

    It would be strange that Judge betrays Big Mum too. How do you explain Reiju behaviour when Sanji told him Pudding plan to kill all the Vinsmoke then ?

  6. #326
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 856: Liar

    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    It would be strange that Judge betrays Big Mum too. How do you explain Reiju behaviour when Sanji told him Pudding plan to kill all the Vinsmoke then ?
    When she says her father seems to be taking the situation too lightly? Perhaps she isn't aware of the plan at all. Judge might have contained the information to himself, in case something like this happens. There's always a possibility of betrayal and enemy interrogation.

    It would also remove a possible plot convenience to a point. What if Pudding decided to thoroughly check Reiju's memories? Of couse, she seemed content not going farther than couple of hours. Maybe it would just be time consuming. Still, seems like a waste of a great opportunity.

    I agree it's all a little shakey and lacking finesse, but it goes for both possibilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  7. #327
    Poker with Joker Roronoa Zacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vienna Rock City, New World

    Default Re: Chapter 856: Liar

    Quote Originally Posted by John.Rambo View Post
    Pfff this arc is making me despise Sanji. He's an unsufferable crybaby. I thought he was a man among men, a true warrior of the sea with principles and a great personality but first I couldn't give a damn about his predicament because of his attitude and now I'm just "man, even Ussop had more nerve than this whiner".
    Again, this is just my opinion so I hope nobody gets offended by this.
    The WG already has seen through all this and gave Usoppe a higher bounty than Sanji.
    IMO Judge still thinks that BM takes him and Germa under her wings. At least by judging (pun!) from the stuff he said.
    They are in her territory. An assault wouldn't be smart at the Moment.
    My imagination of Franky's (future) masterpiece: Sunny-Shogun

  8. #328

    Default Re: Chapter 856: Liar

    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    It would be strange that Judge betrays Big Mum too. How do you explain Reiju behaviour when Sanji told him Pudding plan to kill all the Vinsmoke then ?
    Good point, to that I say: Reiju cannot disobey Judge's orders. So, he told her and said do not tell anyone about this.

    So, going back to infirmary then, her telling Sanji her father is taking it too lightly, could also imply that there is a betrayal, but Judge thought Big Mom was actually sticking to the plan.
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Link to game

  9. #329

    Default Re: Chapter 856: Liar

    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    It would be strange that Judge betrays Big Mum too. How do you explain Reiju behaviour when Sanji told him Pudding plan to kill all the Vinsmoke then ?
    It would still be shocking to find out something so extreme like that is set up to happen

  10. #330
    IN THEE BARREL STP_PS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    A little to the west

    Default Re: Chapter 856: Liar

    How many sweet commanders have been still unshown to us?

    At a time in the past there were supposedly 4. One of them (Cracker) has been dealt with already. The second one (Smoothie) even if presented has sadly received a sideline plot treatment so far. Truth be told I'm craving to see her wringing the 'juices' out of any adversary so to understand her full power.

    That being said, who are the remaining two commanders?

    On one hand there is the commander fell by Urogue the Monk though that much info is not sufficient enough to provide us with insight of his or her whereabouts nor power. On the other hand the last sweet commander could be one of the elder sons if not the eldest (Peros-pero) though I'm only gambling on an educated guess there. In any case it feels to me as if we are missing a vital piece of this jigsaw puzzle.

    There are shadows on the move already. Shadows knitting the conspiracy agains BM and even considering them in the mix the number of the players involved in the arc appears to somehow be off for a long shot; particularly if Luffy's intention to crash, punch and spoil Mama's tea party will yield a veritable outrage. Otherwise unless we are speaking guerrilla tactics or plot convenience '' cough'' tametebako's kaboom! I can't see the strawhats interfering without paying the ''price'' for their intervention.

    My thought is that by the end of this arc Luffy might lose some lifespan to BM.Perhaps from 10 to 30 years. Adding up to the ten years he gave away to cure Magellan's poison. If indeed that development ends up happening I somehow see Luffy either dying by the end of OP or giving himself up to the Marines to be executed again as the second generation of the PK.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

    Would you like a Blast?
    100000000000000 Berries please.
    Blasting Destinations: Gotham city, Jaya, central perk, E. R.

  11. #331

    Default Re: Chapter 856: Liar

    Quote Originally Posted by STP_PS View Post
    How many sweet commanders have been still unshown to us?

    At a time in the past there were supposedly 4. One of them (Cracker) has been dealt with already. The second one (Smoothie) even if presented has sadly received a sideline plot treatment so far. Truth be told I'm craving to see her wringing the 'juices' out of any adversary so to understand her full power.

    That being said, who are the remaining two commanders?

    On one hand there is the commander fell by Urogue the Monk though that much info is not sufficient enough to provide us with insight of his or her whereabouts nor power. On the other hand the last sweet commander could be one of the elder sons if not the eldest (Peros-pero) though I'm only gambling on an educated guess there. In any case it feels to me as if we are missing a vital piece of this jigsaw puzzle.

    There are shadows on the move already. Shadows knitting the conspiracy agains BM and even considering them in the mix the number of the players involved in the arc appears to somehow be off for a long shot; particularly if Luffy's intention to crash, punch and spoil Mama's tea party will yield a veritable outrage. Otherwise unless we are speaking guerrilla tactics or plot convenience '' cough'' tametebako's kaboom! I can't see the strawhats interfering without paying the ''price'' for their intervention.

    My thought is that by the end of this arc Luffy might lose some lifespan to BM.Perhaps from 10 to 30 years. Adding up to the ten years he gave away to cure Magellan's poison. If indeed that development ends up happening I somehow see Luffy either dying by the end of OP or giving himself up to the Marines to be executed again as the second generation of the PK.
    Katakuri (current) and Snack (former)

  12. #332
    Slim Shady is my lady Medical Orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Riding on a dolphin, doing flips and shit

    Default Re: Chapter 856: Liar

    Do you guys think that Sengoku will be important in the future? I know he's one of the old-timers along with Rayleigh and Garp who've taken a step back from being involved in world affairs, but I feel like of the old-timers in One Piece he's had the least presence. For this exact reason, I liked that he was in Rosinante's backstory. But I was wondering if you think he'll do anything in the future? I assume there will be some kind of family/closure moment between Luffy and Garp, and I think Rayleigh will probably not do anything aside from maybe reacting to news about Luffy, but I'm not sure about Sengoku.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

  13. #333

    Default Re: Chapter 856: Liar

    I'd say they come back when the Roger pirates assemble again.
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Link to game

  14. #334

    Default Re: Chapter 856: Liar

    There is a chapter tomorrow right?
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

  15. #335

    Default Re: Chapter 856: Liar

    Quote Originally Posted by blue-san View Post
    There is a chapter tomorrow right?
    Nope, it's a break

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    Do you guys think that Sengoku will be important in the future? I know he's one of the old-timers along with Rayleigh and Garp who've taken a step back from being involved in world affairs, but I feel like of the old-timers in One Piece he's had the least presence. For this exact reason, I liked that he was in Rosinante's backstory. But I was wondering if you think he'll do anything in the future? I assume there will be some kind of family/closure moment between Luffy and Garp, and I think Rayleigh will probably not do anything aside from maybe reacting to news about Luffy, but I'm not sure about Sengoku.
    I'd say his overall lack of presence will be the intended goal here. His era is over, he's a relic of the past, and now it's Sakazuki's time. The stuff with Rosinante was a nice retired man's reflection. He will probably only get a spotlight again during the final war.

    Though it should be pointed out that after the timeskip so far, he's had more screentime than Sakazuki and Kizaru combined!

  16. #336

    Default Re: Chapter 856: Liar

    Hm totally missed it, too bad, was looking forward to this one. Thank you for the info
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 3 guests)

  1. qtipb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts