+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Cavendish's Capriciously Camp Candescent Cabana Aka Mafia 55

Powerlevel = 1 Cavendish Cavendish's Avatar

Default Re: Crazy Cavendish's Capriciously Camp Candescent Cabana Aka Mafia 55

Mr. Zoro has been added.
    SUDK has become bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    I have no idea how this is played, so I'll be audience for now and see how it is.
    I added you to the audience list.
    If you have ever played the card game Mafia (or werewolf) it is basically that just without us all sitting at a table together so the game takes place over a longer time.
    Spoiler:

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Ok so, I literally never played this before but because I'm very curious and bored, I just checked the wiki, saw couple of videos on Youtube and read previous threads about this games, aand I kinda get more or less the hang of how this goes, so sign me up, messing out things is how you learn better anyway

Schrödinger's Giraffe Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar

You've made a horriblewise decision

welcome aboard.

Just waiting on a couple of confirmations and/or extra players if anyone else wants to hop in.

What day would work best for everyone to start on?
    Spoiler:

uggh, don't scare me.

Any day works fine for me.

Cools new bloods :o
    Hidden:

Welcome Monquito!
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

Do we have a tentative start date/time?

Tentative start date I'm thinking either thursday or friday for "Day 0" since I'm out tonight and won't have time to send you all roles.

Time is probably going to be ~17:00 (5 PM) EST. (22:00/10:00pm GMT) but since you will have 24 hours to sign in (or can even just tell me beforehand if you can't show up for day 0) the time isn't really a big issue I think?

oh yeah reminder to everyone new
    The characters I assign you are don't have anything to do with your roles: Akainu, Dragon, Whitebeard and Makino could all be teamed up as the mafia, Arlong could be a doctor, Black Beard could be an innocent child, Garp could be a seriel killer character names are just for fun and at the whim of the paper jar.
    Last edited by Cavendish; February 28th, 2017 at 02:56 PM.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Cavendish View Post
    Garp could be a seriel killer
    Was that just a lucky guess or did you already know that Garp was a serial killer in Mafia III?

Nice, I always thought Aisa was murderous child.

btw, do we get to know how many people are mafia? and do they decide their killings thru pm or some secret chat?
    hope people don't slaughter me first for being a newbie

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

btw, do we get to know how many people are mafia? and do they decide their killings thru pm or some secret chat?
    Our biggest newbie last game made it all the way to the end before his faction lost. I made it to the end in my first game, though admittedly it was entirely thanks to someone else.

But still, expect the worst from people in this game.

Spoiler:

Is this game open? I am in the middle of a very busy semester, where could I read the rules to see if I can commit enough time?
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Is this game open? I am in the middle of a very busy semester, where could I read the rules to see if I can commit enough time?
    If you've got a busy semester, I wouldn't play my first game during it. Maybe sign up for an audience seat so that you can see what goes on? I'd only really play my first game when I can dedicate a fair bit of time to it.

http://forums.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=44896
    The rules are here under the 'Mafia Primer' heading.

Good to know, then I'll take an audience seat.
    Hidden:
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Depends on the game. Most games I have been in there has been no information on the number of mafia players or whether or not there are third parties, and you just figure it out through the course of the game.

Mafia players have a devoted section where they can converse in secret only during the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Our biggest newbie last game made it all the way to the end before his faction lost. I made it to the end in my first game, though admittedly it was entirely thanks to someone else.

But still, expect the worst from people in this game.
    Achoo! *sniffle* Someone mentioned me...

That cabbage toyed with me before gutting me like a fish. Never trust a cabbage!
    The face of a Straw Hat.

Hey, on the upside, you don't have the baggage that a lot of experience Mafia players do. Once you're labelled as a veteran, players tend to take extra caution and view you as a threat to the other side. A lot of veterans can get offed early on just because of their reputation.

So just do your best and have fun! Dunno if you've played mafia in real life (I know your new to mafia online), but I'll also say do your best to not take things personally. In a game about lies and calling people out, players will get aggressive and may attack you with all sorts of reasoning (and sometimes, terrible reasoning), so just remember they're doing it for the game. Not because they think you're a sucky person. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Zoro View Post
    Hey, on the upside, you don't have the baggage that a lot of experience Mafia players do. Once you're labelled as a veteran, players tend to take extra caution and view you as a threat to the other side. A lot of veterans can get offed early on just because of their reputation.

So just do your best and have fun! Dunno if you've played mafia in real life (I know your new to mafia online), but I'll also say do your best to not take things personally. In a game about lies and calling people out, players will get aggressive and may attack you with all sorts of reasoning (and sometimes, terrible reasoning), so just remember they're doing it for the game. Not because they think you're a sucky person. :)
    No, i never played this game in my life, didn't even know it existed tbh, but I got lots of interest since it looks like tons of fun.
    I actually found a youtube channel that does tons of videos of this games, but of course in real life, and so yeah it looks like total fun, I just told my friends about it and they do actually want to try it one of this days.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubihige View Post
    I signed up for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Go ahead and sign me up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    Subscribe to my channel please. And sign me up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    * is tossed into thread, tied up and gagged, a sign attached saying "sign me up"
    Quote Originally Posted by SomebodyUDon'tKnow View Post
    Keep me
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    the academy screwed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden_Giraffe View Post
    but sign me up as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    Sign me up, Scotty.
    Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    Ah, sure, why not. Sign me up, Cav. I'll have fun murdering you all trying to help catch bad guys.
    uggh, don't scare me.

Any day works fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Zoro View Post

Quote Originally Posted by xan View Post
    Barca was horrible this season. I had no hopes on the CL so it's a good thing now that they get knocked out too
    Quote Originally Posted by le crystal View Post
    good to have you back.
    Going to assign roles tonight if everyone is still in.

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Depends on the game. Most games I have been in there has been no information on the number of mafia players or whether or not there are third parties, and you just figure it out through the course of the game.

Mafia players have a devoted section where they can converse in secret only during the night.
    ^this as well. You usually only know how many mafia there are if you can count the number of people in the secret mafia chat. AKA Admins and Mafia know who the mafia are.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenth Strawhat View Post
    Achoo! *sniffle* Someone mentioned me...

That cabbage toyed with me before gutting me like a fish. Never trust a cabbage!
    Don’t listen to the fish. You should always trust me, Woody and Space trusted me last round and won the game!

Also Even though I am planning on assigning roles tonight people can still sign up in the bonus sign up spots it won't be hard to shuffle things a bit and fit anyone else in.
    Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information