Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
Results 261 to 274 of 274

Thread: AP Awards 2016 Discussion Thread

  1. #261

    Default Re: AP Awards 2016 Discussion Thread

    Thanks to whoever nominated Overwatch before I got here. I missed the timing because I was asleep after staying up all night playing Overwatch

    Wish I had played more games. Owlboy for sure I still want to get to.

    Also surprised no one loved Final Fantasy XV enough. OH well.

  2. #262
    The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Planet Zordoom

    Default Re: Nominations Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Best Game: Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration (sorry, port of a 2015 game) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    I was waiting for an Uncharted 4 nomination lol.

    Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

  3. #263

    Default Re: Nominations Thread

    I thought it already happened, and when it didn't I was pretty freaking shocked, lol.

  4. #264
    Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

    Default Re: AP Awards 2016 Discussion Thread

    I didn't know Overwatch came out this year. I've never actually played the game, but I have it to thank for so many hilarious YouTube videos



    Spoiler:

  5. #265

    Default Re: AP Awards 2016 Discussion Thread

    Yay, Hyper Light Drifter. There's another game I have wanted to get into that I haven't yet. Same goes for Furi.

  6. #266

    Default Re: AP Awards 2016 Discussion Thread

    Overwatch vs SM, let's gooooooo

  7. #267

    Default Re: AP Awards 2016 Discussion Thread

    my one vote for dragon quest will go far i swear it

    Set Art by Daily Rowlet

  8. #268

    Default Re: AP Awards 2016 Discussion Thread

    I love Sun and Moon. As a whole playing Pokemon last year, anticipating it, and even still playing it now and getting merchandise and all these other things have helped keep me afloat (more or less) during shitty shitty times.

    But myself aside, I just cannot ignore the massive, massive uptake of both Overwatch and Pokemon Go. Overwatch is that game I heard everyone in the industry talking about, and getting to play it I discover why that's the case, from mechanics that make characters interesting and entertaining to play, things like play of the game and highlights making you feel like a pro, and then there's awesome awesome bits like the characters having voice lines in their languages and the game's cast actually being fairly diverse and treated with respect. Instead of the classic over the top stereotypes from fighting games.

    And then there's Pokemon Go, which I myself don't like, but I cannot ignore the fact that for the span of a month I kept hearing stuff from people IN REAL LIFE that I thought I'd only hear from NPCs in pokemon games. Adults in a microsoft bus talking about catching a nidoran... people walking in droves to parks because there's a fucking cloyster. The snob in me got triggered in part from hearing people who know jack shit about games trying to explain things like Pidgeys and Spearows to me... but every time I think back I just cannot believe the world was actually united that hard by just one phone game.

  9. #269

    Default Re: AP Awards 2016 Discussion Thread

    Not sure if Noqanky is trying to sway votes here. I played two matches of Overwatch, the guy that throws shuriken's was pretty good.

    I feel Pokemon Go is at such a baby state, compared to the madness I imagine in my head with that game.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

  10. #270

    Default Re: AP Awards 2016 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Not sure if Noqanky is trying to sway votes here. I played two matches of Overwatch, the guy that throws shuriken's was pretty good.

    I feel Pokemon Go is at such a baby state, compared to the madness I imagine in my head with that game.
    Merely explaining what comes to mind when I'm thinking about game of the year. Namely titles that took games further or just had sizable impact on the industry as a whole. As a whole I assume people will just vote for what they played and liked, which is fine, but I still do enjoy talking about the greater impact of games.

    For Overwatch, I don't think I got into the swing of things until multiple matches after I had figured out what each character is for and the different maps and modes and how they work.
    For Pokemon Go, I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

  11. #271

    Default Re: AP Awards 2016 Discussion Thread

    Kugo's ability to cut inanimate objects and rewrite their history during the Fullbringer arc would be my second nomination for worst moment.

  12. #272
    Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

    Default Re: AP Awards 2016 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Kugo's ability to cut inanimate objects and rewrite their history during the Fullbringer arc would be my second nomination for worst moment.
    That's Tsukishima.

    I might be alone in this but he was the only thing I loved about the Fullbring Arc.



    Spoiler:

  13. #273
    Shipmate
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lithuania, Visaginas>Vilnius

    Default Re: AP Awards 2016 Discussion Thread

    Tsukishima has made it possible for the terrible Fullbring arc to transcend into another dimension of quality unquantifiable by human standards. Everything that came before and after just can't rival the pure entrtainment of awfulness.

  14. #274

    Default Re: AP Awards 2016 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Merely explaining what comes to mind when I'm thinking about game of the year. Namely titles that took games further or just had sizable impact on the industry as a whole. As a whole I assume people will just vote for what they played and liked, which is fine, but I still do enjoy talking about the greater impact of games.
    - And your way with words was swaying my vote. I agree with what you say, I wish I had played more of what came out last year.

    For Overwatch, I don't think I got into the swing of things until multiple matches after I had figured out what each character is for and the different maps and modes and how they work.
    For Pokemon Go, I'm not exactly sure what you mean.
    - I played one small session, got to try two characters and managed to do pretty well with my second pick.

    - It's hard to say, I am not very well informed with what we can do with the technology. I like the game, collecting, outdoors, there is some battle element to it. Simple and engaging. However, when I think of the later expansions (I assume they are going to keep developing as they release more pokemon.) what are the new features going to be implemented? Those additions is what I am looking forward to the most, and jump in. Imagine you are having a lunch break, your phone buzzes....YOU GOT A DUEL! and then fight. What about Pokemon that are supposed to be big? Why not make raids, have users bring 3 different pokemon. I am not even sure if there is further development being done, which would be sad. On the other hand, if it is not, then I'll just stick to buying Moon and playing pokemon shuffle D:
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts