+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Funimation Film Gold Discussion

Default Re: Funimation Film Gold Discussion

Can anyone rip a clean rip of Gold and Jive in English?

I like the term "Hellcat" FUNi went with for Nami's nickname for Carrina. I have to be honest the term I used when translating the speed sub version months ago (Thief-Girl) was kind of an asspull since I had no idea how to translate the word without having the written Japanese in front of me. Not sure if that's a legit translation or not even but I like it. I also haven't yet checked out newer fansubs that came out so I'm not sure what others used for that term.

EDIT: This line, "The last god I fought couldn't beat me, and neither will you!"

was added in and I feel like it could be a reference to Eneru and/or Doflamingo if you consider the context of both fights. Pretty neat really.
    Last edited by Chopperrules; May 9th, 2017 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    Can anyone rip a clean rip of Gold and Jive in English?
    He's an 'as clean as I could get it' English Gold And Jive. The dialog has been removed (well, except "Gold Splash", which was in the original song) and the instrumentals swapped with the clean Japanese track, but there are some sound effects over the English singing and some of the lines obscured enough that I had to use the echoed vocals from the surround channels.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information