+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Funimation Film Gold Discussion

I came here to dance Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Default Re: Funimation Film Gold Discussion

That number can't possibly be right. FUNimation themselves tweeted out a photo of a relatively full theater showing in DFW that easily could have gross 5-600 on its own. Not to mention the theater count for Thursday is defintely higher than 110.

I exist...I guess....

For those trying to follow box-office, something I should point out is that it’s not uncommon for smaller movie releases (or movies that are nearing the end of their theatrical run) to not always update their box-office stats daily. A particular days earnings are sometimes not updated until several days later (whereas it would usually be the next day for most other movies). This is especially true on weekends, when most studios only put out “estimates” of boxoffice earnings; it often makes more sense to just wait until Monday to put out “actuals” when your movie isn’t drawing in big bucks like the more mainstream movies. So the fact that no information has been posted for Thursday yet doesn’t automatically mean it made very little.

Quote Originally Posted by midod View Post
    For those trying to follow box-office, something I should point out is that it’s not uncommon for smaller movie releases (or movies that are nearing the end of their theatrical run) to not always update their box-office stats daily. A particular days earnings are sometimes not updated until several days later (whereas it would usually be the next day for most other movies). This is especially true on weekends, when most studios only put out “estimates” of boxoffice earnings; it often makes more sense to just wait until Monday to put out “actuals” when your movie isn’t drawing in big bucks like the more mainstream movies. So the fact that no information has been posted for Thursday yet doesn’t automatically mean it made very little.
    That is true, I guess we'll just have to wait until Monday for the actuals for Thursday and possibly the weekend. I was just estimating. I'll only report if we get box office numbers and if we don't for certain days, I'll wait til Monday or whenever they're released. Thanks for the heads up

I exist...I guess....

Well I'm just estimating too; I ultimately don’t know how much it did or didn’t make on Thursday. I'm just putting it out there that releases like this aren't always treated as “high-priority”, so updates aren't always going to be at the same rate as the more mainstream movies. I would just suggest we wait and see over the next couple days before assuming too much

Quote Originally Posted by midod View Post
    Well I'm just estimating too; I ultimately don’t know how much it did or didn’t make on Thursday. I'm just putting it out there that releases like this aren't always treated as “high-priority”, so updates aren't always going to be at the same rate as the more mainstream movies. I would just suggest we wait and see over the next couple days before assuming too much
    It seems like it's not listed on the Box Office report for Friday's earnings so we probably won't get any reports for Thursday through Sunday until Monday when it should start to be updated daily until it's last day on Tuesday. At least it's doing very well which is a great sign as it shows that One Piece is about #3 in terms of FUNi's biggest properties. The brand managers did call it a staple for them recently as well

Quote Originally Posted by RomeIsHome25 View Post
    That's a shame that Carina's voice actress couldn't sing all that well. I really wanted the English version of Gold and Jive to be good, but I'm guessing with her lack-luster singing it's not all that great.
    I actually felt that she was fine when she was singing on her own. As someone else implied, the song only becomes a little shrill when they're both singing together towards the end of it.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by RomeIsHome25 View Post
    So here's something that's been bothering me since more glimpses of the film came out.

When Tesoro is in his big Gold Statue form.... how da hell is he able to shoot lasers? I thought his powers were derived from Gold, shooting lasers comes out of left-field. Lmao.... I know it's One Piece, but still... Just seems a bit too out-of-theme. Do they explain that?
    Don't even get me started on the countless amounts of plot holes in this movie. Watching this film with an even slightly critical eye takes all the fun out of it. I was able to enjoy it way more the second time around.

Speaking of, I saw it on the 12th for a second time in a more typical movie theater. Whereas the premiere night had a full Alamo theater (100-150 seats), the showing on the 12th for me only had about twenty people in it.

Duuuude

I saw it in Brooklyn Monday evening. The theater was maybe 70% full. A lot of adult fans brought their young children to see it.

The movie was very enjoyable, and the dub was fantastic. Keith Silverstein was fantastic casting. So great to hear Christopher Smith and Jason Liebrecht again.

Also VERY odd to hear *very* current story events being referenced in the dub. Dressrosa being name-dropped (pronounced with a soft 's'), CP-0, hearing Sabo and Koala. Hard to judge Vic Mignogna's performance here, as I could hardly remember what adult Sabo sounded like in Japanese. But there was certainly nothing wrong with his performance.

I hope the movie does well enough in theaters to warrant future One Piece movies the same treatment.

Other than Doflamingo's one name-drop I don't recall Dressrosa being mentioned at all in the Japanese. I wonder if FUNi added it in to get current fans hyped and let them know they are aware of what events are coming.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information