+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 387 "GEAR" Discussion

OMG! Loved the chapter, full of Zoro awesomeness *___*
    Just as much as I liked the spread too, I'm really looking forward to see an HQ of everything! :)
    Ahh... Oda, you never cease to amaze us simple mortals...
    ~*The princess and the swordsman*~
    How can you not fall in love with him?
    *>Zoro x Vivi shipper forever<*

Hehe, this just has to be the week that we're holding back on the translations. I'm only a first semester Japanese student, I can't pick out much more than bits and pieces and names... but it'll hold me over for a while.

Ack, I need the next chapter now! It's too much of a cliffhanger!

You're all right! Oda IS a genius. Everyone noticed Oda's brilliant use of Engrish on the colorspread, right? CLASSIC!:laugh:

The Alpha &amp;amp;amp;amp; The Omega - NeX -'s Avatar

will we wait until christmas 4 translation or tomorrow can i read the 2 WEEKS WAITIN CHAPTER?

Hmm...I won't make any statements on the whole "Gear" thing 'till I get a translation of the 2nd last page. But Vulcanization seems like a good guess...Have I understood it correctly, or would the higher density cause Luffy to need less "Strecth" for the same effect as "lvl 1" attacks?

And So, FF takes on Baskerville...Now I'm curious about what'll happen to the Jurors, now that everyones inside...Perhaps they'll try and stop Kiwi and Mosu at the other gates, or run into the giants.

For people looking for rough translations in the interim, you might want to copy and paste the above text into:

www.jisyo.org

Yeah, but I don't always reflect on those things right when I need to.
    Ah-HAH! Inferring that there are indeed times when you do ^_~

Hmm...I won't make any statements on the whole "Gear" thing 'till I get a translation of the 2nd last page.
    Again, the details of the method have not been explained yet in this chapter.

The Alpha &amp;amp;amp;amp; The Omega - NeX -'s Avatar

A DAY OR TWOOOOOOOOOOO ARGHHH!
    Ooshi make the translation in less than 6 ours the chap is out! I don't understand the thing that we must test the new translators...

Anyway I can wait. :P

...! You must be a kung-fu master, omae.

That Engrish killed me. It's like the line from the Spider-Man theme....only, very wong. Zambai's "you gonna get raped" expression was second funniest, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Whoop, excellent chapter. Finally moveing the battles along. First the Straw Hats and the Frankies, a stone throw away from their rematch with the CP9. Wonder what Sanji was so worried about and where the heck is Zoro going. It looks like Baskerville finally decide to join the party, I'd give him (them) one chapter before they go bye bye (then again, this is Oda were talking about).

Luffy vs. Blueno. Looks like the the Door effects are temporary. Damn these two are just going at it here and Luffy starting find ways around that martial art. Can't help but feel a little sorry for Blueno cause it looks he getting somewhat frustrated that this "dinky" pirate is keeping up with him. And now he has to face a new set of Luffy's moves, Gear 2. Not looking too good for Blueno.

GAH, MUST GET NEXT CHAPTER! POST HASTE!
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

Quote Originally Posted by omae no kaasan v.2
    Again, the details of the method have not been explained yet in this chapter.
    I wasn't referring to the method, but to how much we can actually compare it to the average shonen powerup, for instance SSJ, which is what I wouldn't comment on...But I know they seem similar. I'm even confusing myself here...

And NeX, you should chill mate. You're not the only one waiting for a translation.

As far as the Logia versus Paramecia powers go, the one that I really don't understand is Mr. 3. I suppose that he can't change the shape of his body and that's what makes the difference, but of all of the Paramecias seen thus far, his Fruit seems to be the closest to a Logia in its general nature. Really, it would have made more sense for him to be a low-end Logia type who hadn't fully developed his ability yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer
    I don't think Logias can control their element. I don't remember seeing anything like that.
    Crocodile was throwing around sandstorms in Alabasta that were powerful enough to destroy villages; either he was controlling them from a distance or he was actually part of them, in which case he would still have to be controlling a lot more sand than his own body.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoska
    I actually felt the same during Zoro versus Braham, when Zoro suddenly pulled the flying slash from his ass. That was a let down. Since then he has done it like three more times but in my mind it still doesn't feel right.
    Ah, glad to see that I'm not the only one.

Although cutting through the air is possible, the fact that Zoro uses close-range techniques up to that point feels... Meh.

Also, now that Zoro has a long-range attack, I feel even sorrier for our Sharpshooter. Surpassed in his own field -_-

That's why I like Sanji! His kicks stay true...

Uh, the Braham fight? That didn't make Zoro anymore of a long range fighter than Blueno is with his Rankyaku. It's a long range attack, but he's still not a long range fighter. And cutting waves are only natural, after seeing Mihawk cut a galleon in half.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq
    Crocodile was throwing around sandstorms in Alabasta that were powerful enough to destroy villages; either he was controlling them from a distance or he was actually part of them, in which case he would still have to be controlling a lot more sand than his own body.
    The storms started in his hands from his sand. I'd say it just got stronger 'cause of all the revolving and became difficult to stop. Or he could control the sand from his body and make it spin around with the other sand. I don't think he'd sit there and start it if he didn't have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

Quote Originally Posted by changsho
    Ah, glad to see that I'm not the only one.

Although cutting through the air is possible, the fact that Zoro uses close-range techniques up to that point feels... Meh.

Also, now that Zoro has a long-range attack, I feel even sorrier for our Sharpshooter. Surpassed in his own field -_-

That's why I like Sanji! His kicks stay true...
    well i guess that takes him one step closer to mihawk: the guy sliced ckrieg's ship from the comfort of his own coffin boat.
    perhaps the way that zoro introduced the long range slash was a bit sudden, but i think it needed to be pulled out at some point in order for him to better master his use of the swords
    darn bucc you beat me to the post here!!!
    Everybody loves an Italian guy!

Yeah, a bit of foreshadowing would be cool. Like a scene of him practicing to cut logs from a distance... He actually did so right after Little Garden.

Lifting like, 500-kg balanced on a pole,
    "If I can cut steel, the others won't be hurt!"

I guess it's a bit hard to stuff in Zoro's practice in Skypiea's condensed content...

Man. What an awesome chapter.

* Green Hair goes to Japan so he can camp in front of Oda's house and worship him like a god

Just kidding. :laugh: But seriously, Zoro was totally badass (as usual) and I can't wait for the next chapter to see what happens with Luffy. And damn! It's Zoro vs Luffy again! :laugh:

Liked the chapter cant wait to see a translation sadly theres no sogeking or the giant's hopefully next weeks chapter will have some insight on soge's predicament and this change luffy's going through is interesting

Shit... I hate it when I hit wrong button and browser page reloads... but this forum erases whatever I wrote... -___-"""

I was fixing that script ooshi posted, but bah... Never mind.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Hahaha, that was pretty funny.

Q: What is Luffy's ethnicity?

A: Olmec.

What needed fixing in there, Ocean? I'm still working on the script.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...liptonicet.jpg
    Mystere and Sogeking, now sponsors of Lipton Iced Tea! (Thanks to Namisan18)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information