+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 387 "GEAR" Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz
    Concerning the Elemental Debate, I've got to go with Yoska. The Logia users create their element, and may use said, already existing, element to their Advantage (desert Girosole). The only way they can actually control/ manipulate their element, is by tapping it from themselves, it seems. Otherwise, Croc could've just turned the entire desert into, say, a giant Crocodile made out of sand, or cause Desert Girosole by staring at the ground, and Enel would be able to rain Thunder beasts from the Sky instead of regular strikes of lightning.
    As it stands, Croc has to manually initiate Girosole, and Enel can only create beasts from himself.

Or in short: I think they can only directly control what they tap from themselves.
    Fair argument. Not much that I would like to discuss in contrary I just want to add that even though I think that they can control even elements that doesn´t tap from themselves I agree that neither Crocodile nor Enel nor anyone else could use sand, lighting etc. limitless. On that I agree with you. Just wanted to make that clear.

The only difference between your view and mine is that I think it has something to do with reaching the limits instead of not being able to do it in general. =)

I just prefer it that way that logia´s can control the element to a certain degree because otherwise they would be like Mr. 3 who also just can control the wax he creates but not wax in general and thus the power behind the word "elemental" loses weight to me if logia users are the same.

whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa GREAT CHAP THIS WEEK! I LOVE IT!
    thc 4 translation, it's a lot better this way of translating!

Default MQ Scan

I found the scans of 387, you can make out the kanji but the scans are not all that big. I also put e1n's big color spread in it.

My link which will be removed anytime in the next 24hr (bandwidth issues don't ask)
    http://www.zen83221.zen.co.uk/Misc/One387MQ.zip

Second link up for however long yousendit keeps it there
    http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=34PCCRTU1YRZM0YG18BZXPSA73

387 MQ:

One Piece 387 MQ

currently uploading

EDIT: finally uploaded

Thanks. Guess we just gotta climb our way up to HQ this time. XD

I realized why I was disappointed with Luffy pulling out Second Gear already. It took some time, but Nami finally got full faith in Luffy, saying "yeah, he'll definitely win!" and all that. This kinda has him say that she had too much faith in him, and he couldn't handle it as far as Nami knew. Though she was right in that he did find a way....

I don't want Lucci to stand a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

me too buc.
    i expect a quick pwnage of blueno and a "easy" fight against Lucci.
    baka^ni

just finished reading 387
    and I gotta say...when Luffy was initiating second gear
    my heart sank and thought "oh no...he's going super saiyan"
    (just a figure of speech, not that I have any beef with dragon ball)

but it's just common nowadays in mangas to see turn on the 'second gear' with a snap of a finger, either from a burst of energy or shining light or smoke or whatever...
    and frankly one of the reason I love OP is that instead of those 'second or third or fourth gear', the characters get stronger bit by bit, and not go into a second gear and suddenly become 500% stronger...
    bahh~ I don't even know what I'm talking about

nevertheless...Oda never disappoints
    *keeps the faith*

and I'm just a huge fan of the Franky Family now <3

Thanks e1n for this awesome gift <3

Sailing the Rough waters in the back of the dryer

I thought baskervill was gonna be a more serious opponent :P Oh well, maybe he still will be. Anyway, I wonder if this is a permenant change? An alteration to luffy's abilities? Then it wouldn't be like "super Saiyan" it'd just be normal powerup, especially if it's vulcanization. Go Od Pseudo-Science!
    Riding a Rhino is safer so we Ride a Hippo for Adventure!

~Bobobobo BO-bobo~

PS: I am a big fan of kittens:love:

http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?im...ate=2005-12-25

Did anyone really get Zoro's new new move??

Is Enbima Yonezu Onigiri (Beautiful Demon Sleepless Night Demon Slash) just a fancy name for a warped sword version of Onigiri??

I usually like Zoro's moves because when you look closely at it, you can see Oda's creativity going wild. Like many of Zoro's move has references to animals in the Kanji or in the reading (Onigiri - Oni is a demon and onigiri is a rice ball, Cycle - rhino, Tatsumaki - Dragon) or moves with interesting background like Rashoumon and the Canon series.

But this one I don't get.
    Is Enbima one of the demons in his cursed sword??
    Zoro probably got the name Yonezu (Sleepless Night) from the island he's currently on (no night island) but I don't really understand the significance of him stating that.

If anyone has any insight into this, that would be really cool.

Sailing the Rough waters in the back of the dryer

Well as for the physical move, it looked like he was holding his swords differently in his hands... a slash more like Rashamon than old fashioned Onigiri. As for the name, I only just started learning japanese so don't ask me ^.^;;;
    Riding a Rhino is safer so we Ride a Hippo for Adventure!

~Bobobobo BO-bobo~

PS: I am a big fan of kittens:love:

http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?im...ate=2005-12-25

Quote Originally Posted by kudou
    Did anyone really get Zoro's new new move??
    According to somebody at Animesuki the pun goes like this: Enbima Yonezu = Ebi(Shrimp) Mayonnaise.

So, it's Shrimp Mayonnaise Rice Ball. :laugh:

And of course 'enbima' = kind of almost like 'vampire'. Hence the bat aura while the attack.

According to somebody at Animesuki the pun goes like this: Enbima Yonezu = Ebi(Shrimp) Mayonnaise.
    That is fucking great.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodzik
    I thought baskervill was gonna be a more serious opponent :P Oh well, maybe he still will be. Anyway, I wonder if this is a permenant change? An alteration to luffy's abilities? Then it wouldn't be like "super Saiyan" it'd just be normal powerup, especially if it's vulcanization. Go Od Pseudo-Science!
    hey we havent seen baskerville in action yet, maybe he can bite swords too, then he'll have 5 swords instead of 2 :P

I was wondering why Yonezu was such a strange reading for the kanji. That's hilarious.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...liptonicet.jpg
    Mystere and Sogeking, now sponsors of Lipton Iced Tea! (Thanks to Namisan18)

And another example of how logia users control the element of their fruit. Enels festival of the thousand storms or what it was called. He had complete control of the electricity in the cloud Maxim created therefore the lighting struck where he wanted. If he would have had no control of it, then his precious Maxim would have actually been a big dozen times because of the huge amount of gold on it. But no not one lighting strike went towards Maxim. I seriously don┬┤t expect that to be luck.
    Just like what he said. When Eneru caused lightning bolts to drop down everywhere and it never hits his Maxim, it definitely isn't luck. He surely has control over the lightnings.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoska

So, it's Shrimp Mayonnaise Rice Ball. :laugh:

And of course 'enbima' = kind of almost like 'vampire'. Hence the bat aura while the attack.
    ... Wow. I never would have thought of that in a million years. Nice one, Oda. :laugh:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Credo quia absurdum non credere. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Voodzik
    Well as for the physical move, it looked like he was holding his swords differently in his hands... a slash more like Rashamon than old fashioned Onigiri. As for the name, I only just started learning japanese so don't ask me ^.^;;;
    If you check out JoJo's larger scans here: http://pickup.filesbak.com/jojohotdxb2005/2050/op/zaixian/op387rqf/JOJO_006.jpg
    You'll see how Zoro's swords are 'bended' or 'wavey' in shape instead of his usual slash moves. And it doesn't look like a bat to me - the 'beautiful demon' corresponds with the long chinese-style sleeve/dress and hair; the horns to indicate she's a demon. <_<
    Anyone follow?
    "I don't want the kind of happiness thats followed by sadness - "

i have RAW HQ scan from the jump i bought currently uploading. the link will be posted here and on the 1st post after it's done uploading.

OP387HQ

Awesome ! Thanks e1n. (hooot)

(you're hosted with ocean too ? :laugh: he's so kind ~)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Credo quia absurdum non credere. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

ROFL . thanks e1n. this really is a good day.
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information