+ Reply to Thread
Page 951 of 967 FirstFirst ... 451 851 901 941 949 950 951 952 953 961 ... LastLast
Results 19,001 to 19,020 of 19328

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Yeah we still have more, and I think the GOP will argue for Trump's case tomorrow?

Before that though, it seems that Trump's administration is threatening to "put the head on a pike" of anyone thinking of voting against him. As horrible and probably illegal as that is, it really seems like wasted cruelty when they were probably going to acquit anyway..

Edit: Oh, also there are tapes of Trump telling someone to "take out" Yovanovitch. There's a lot of Trump-related death threats in the news today.
    Last edited by onemoment; January 24th, 2020 at 01:58 PM.

A recent poll showed that 47% of Bernie Sanders supporters are considering staying home during the election if he’s not the nominee. In addition, they have now embraced bigoted shock jock Joe Rogan, who is being smeared by THE ESTABLISHMENT!!!!, because he endorsed Sanders.

But anyway, there is definitely no such thing as “Bernie Bros”.

I voted for a party that I utterly despite for a chance to keep a imbecile out of our presidency,and the americans refuse to vote for a candidate that is not their "perfect idolized" politician? That's an utterly preposterous way of thought. Especially when you have a megalomaniac narcissist play mob state to stoke his ego.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    I voted for a party that I utterly despite for a chance to keep a imbecile out of our presidency,and the americans refuse to vote for a candidate that is not their "perfect idolized" politician? That's an utterly preposterous way of thought. Especially when you have a megalomaniac narcissist play mob state to stoke his ego.
    Letting the Perfect be the Enemy of the Good is the core philosophy of the "Bernie Bro" type.
    ----
    https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2020/01/24/day-1100/

Day 1100: "What our framers feared most."

⚖️ Trump’s Senate Impeachment Trial:

tl;dr Today marks the last chance for the Democratic impeachment managers to make their pitch to GOP senators on whether to subpoena new witnesses and documents. Democrats need four Republicans to vote with them in order to call witnesses. Trump’s legal team will also have 24 hours over three days for its opening arguments – starting tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday. Senators will then get to ask questions. Trump is reportedly “bored” by the impeachment proceedings.1/ House managers used their final day of opening arguments to conclude their presentation on the first article of impeachment, abuse of power. House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff said Trump “did exactly what our framers feared most: He invited foreign interference in our elections and sold out our country’s security for his personal benefit, and betrayed the nation’s trust to a foreign power.” Impeachment manager Jason Crow added that the hold on the aid “wasn’t lifted for any legitimate reason. It was only lifted because President Trump had gotten caught.” Impeachment manager Hakeem Jeffries, using witness testimony from the House proceedings, detailed what he called a “failed” effort to “coverup” Trump’s attempt to “cheat” in the 2020 election. Jeffries said the White House “tried to bury” the summary of Trump’s July 25 call on a secure server because it was politically damaging, adding that the military aid was released only “after the House launched an investigation and after Congress learned about the existence of a whistleblower complaint.”
    2/ House managers then moved on to the second article of impeachment, Trump’s alleged obstruction of Congress by directing witnesses not to testify and refusing to allow the release of documents. Impeachment manager Val Demings called Trump’s refusal to cooperate “categorical, indiscriminate and historically unprecedented.” She added that under “Trump’s orders, the Office of the Vice President, the Office of Management and Budget, the Department of State, the Department of Energy, and the Department of Defense all continued to refuse to produce a single document or record in response to 71 specific requests, including five subpoenas.” Further, Demings characterized “Trump’s attacks on whistleblowers and witnesses” who testified the House probe as “witness intimidation.” Impeachment manager Sylvia Garcia added that Trump had “orchestrated a cover-up” in “plain sight” and “should be removed.” Zoe Lofgren, another House impeachment managers, compared Trump to Nixon, saying “Not only did Nixon allow his staff to testify before Congress, he publicly directed them to testify without demanding a subpoena.” And, finally, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler called Trump “a dictator” during his presentation, arguing that Trump is “the first and only president ever to declare himself unaccountable.”
    3/ Trump appeared to order two Rudy Giuliani associates to “get rid” of then-US ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch during a dinner in April 2018 at the Trump International Hotel, according to a recording made by Igor Fruman. “Get her out tomorrow. I don’t care. Get her out tomorrow. Take her out. Okay? Do it,” Trump reportedly said of Yovanovitch after being told by Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman that the career foreign service officer was “badmouthing” him in Kiev. Parnas turned over the recording to the House Intelligence Committee. Trump claimed in November that didn’t “know much” about Yovanovitch when he signed off on recalling her from Kiev. Pence defended Trump after the 2018 recording emerged, saying “All of the ambassadors for the United States of America serve at the pleasure of the president of the United States.” (ABC News / New York Times / Daily Beast / Talking Points Memo)
    • �� Day 1092: Trump “knew exactly what was going on” in Ukraine, according to Lev Parnas, an associate of Rudy Giuliani. Parnas said Trump was “aware of all my movements. I wouldn’t do anything without the consent of Rudy Giuliani, or the President.” While Parnas never spoke with Trump directly about his efforts to push Ukraine to investigate the Bidens and the 2016 election, he met with Trump on several occasions, and was told by Giuliani that Trump was kept informed about his work. Parnas also said he warned an aide to then-Ukrainian President-elect Volodymyr Zelensky at the direction of Giuliani that the U.S. would halt aid to the country if it didn’t announce investigations that could benefit Trump politically. Parnas also implicated several senior officials in the scheme, including Mike Pence, John Bolton, Devin Nunes, and William Barr. Parnas claimed that Barr “had to have known everything” going on with Ukraine because “Barr was basically on the team.” Parnas also claimed that Pence’s planned trip to attend Zelensky’s inauguration was canceled because the Ukrainians did not agree to the demand for an investigation of the Bidens. (New York Times / NBC News / Politico / CNN / Wall Street Journal / Washington Post)
    4/ Trump complained that his impeachment defense “will be forced to start on Saturday,” which he called “Death Valley in T.V.” Saturday’s impeachment session will begin at 10 a.m. and will last for several hours. The White House wanted to present some arguments on Saturday to rebut three days of charges from Democrats and to provide fodder for Sunday shows. Trump’s defense team plans to save the bulk of its arguments for Monday and Tuesday, when viewers will be more tuned in. Trump also complained that it is “wrong” for House managers to use “ALL of their” allotted time for opening arguments. (Reuters / Politico / NBC News)
    • Witness testimony could hinge on Sen. Lamar Alexander, a retiring Republican senator who said it was “inappropriate” for Trump to ask foreign governments to investigate his political opponents. Three other GOP senators have expressed some level of support for calling witnesses, and if they joined all Democrats, the result would be a 50-50 tie. While Alexander has expressed no indication of how he will vote, both parties see him as a wild card and possible tie-breaker. (Politico)
    • Sen. Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said a so-called witness exchange with Republicans involving Hunter Biden is “off the table.” Schumer also criticized Republicans for not calling witnesses. (Reuters)
    5/ Trump tweeted 54 times before noon, criticizing Democrats and the impeachment process. “The Do Nothing Democrats just keep repeating and repeating, over and over again, the same old ‘stuff’ on the Impeachment Hoax,” Trump tweeted at one point. (CNN)
    poll/ 47% of Americans say the Senate should remove Trump from office and 49% saying they should not. 44% of Americans approve of Trump’s overall job performance and 51% disapprove. (Washington Post)
    poll/ 66% of Americans say the Senate should call new witnesses to testify at the impeachment trial, while 27% say the Senate should not. (ABC News)

Notables.

1. The Pentagon said 34 U.S. service members were diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries after the Iranian ballistic missile attack in Iraq this month. Trump previously claimed that no U.S. troops were harmed and later downplayed the significance of the brain injuries, saying “I heard that they had headaches.” (CNN / Bloomberg / Politico / Washington Post)
    2. The Trump administration threatened to cut off some federal funds to California unless it drops a state requirement that insurers cover abortion. The administration says the policy violates a federal law banning government entities that receive federal money from the Department of Health and Human Services from discriminating against healthcare organizations because they don’t provide abortion or abortion coverage. HHS is giving California 30 days to comply or face the loss of unspecified funds. (Politico / Wall Street Journal)
    3. Trump’s re-election campaign threatened the nonpartisan presidential debate commission that Trump may not participate if the process is not “fair.” Trump’s campaign manager, Brad Parscale, campaign operating officer, Michael Glassner, complained to Frank Fahrenkopf, the co-chairman of the Commission on Presidential Debates, that the board of directors and moderators were all against the president. Trump privately told advisers that because his television ratings are so high, he can exert more control over the debates. (Washington Post)

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Only somewhat serious. We all know he'll be aquitted and nothing will come of this. The only good thing that'll happen is we'll get to see just how far the republicans are willing to bend over and spread their cheeks for their god-emperor, lol.
    Yeah, my understanding is that this isn't about removing Trump, since we know it won't happen. Instead it's to make the narrative clear that Trump's acquittal has nothing to do with his innocence.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

But the majority of americans are going to see his aquittal, shrug and think "huh, I guess it really was a witch hunt all along.". They aren't going to dig a little deeper and see that it was a sham trial the republicans blatantly rigged. And there will be no consequences for any of them. Extort a foreign power into interfering with our election cycle? Pfft no big deal.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    A recent poll showed that 47% of Bernie Sanders supporters are considering staying home during the election if he’s not the nominee. In addition, they have now embraced bigoted shock jock Joe Rogan, who is being smeared by THE ESTABLISHMENT!!!!, because he endorsed Sanders.

But anyway, there is definitely no such thing as “Bernie Bros”.
    This is so infuriating. They sit up there on their high horse of finding the most pure candidate who will do the least harm, all while allowing the candidate who will do the most amount of damage by a wide margin win.

Do they not understand the impact of the Supreme Court? Even if come 2024 they somehow got their perfect pure candidate up to the main election and even winning the presidency, we will still be fighting an uphill battle with a Supreme Court stacked with fascist, Religious Right nutjobs. Don't even get started with the lower courts, which the Trump administration has been pouncing on as well. We absolutely can not afford another four years of this. The damage will be irreparable for decades.

I won't vote for him if he votes for him seems like a great way to build a broad voterbase.

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    But the majority of americans are going to see his aquittal, shrug and think "huh, I guess it really was a witch hunt all along.". They aren't going to dig a little deeper and see that it was a sham trial the republicans blatantly rigged. And there will be no consequences for any of them. Extort a foreign power into interfering with our election cycle? Pfft no big deal.
    Admittedly, this is my big fear, too. Rightly or wrongly, I constantly am reminded of that line in Men In Black that a person is smart but people are dumb, panicky animals.

It's also why I didn't mind the Democrats/House holding off on impeachment initially. No sense going for it when it was a doomed prospect likely to backfire.

However, when the Ukraine scandal finally hit, we got a big, easily point-able crime. Something big enough that they couldn't not impeach if they wanted to keep the moral high ground they've had thus far.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.

The aquittal will hurt GOP senators more than it will hurt Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    Admittedly, this is my big fear, too. Rightly or wrongly, I constantly am reminded of that line in Men In Black that a person is smart but people are dumb, panicky animals.

It's also why I didn't mind the Democrats/House holding off on impeachment initially. No sense going for it when it was a doomed prospect likely to backfire.

However, when the Ukraine scandal finally hit, we got a big, easily point-able crime. Something big enough that they couldn't not impeach if they wanted to keep the moral high ground they've had thus far.
    I agree that the house needed to impeach him (it is part of their job to challenge unfit presidents after all) I just don't like it. Because now that there's a trial and he'll inevitably be aquitted, it will only be good for him. It'll rile his followers up even more, and make previously undecided americans think "hm...maybe he's not so bad after all.". Maybe I'm just being too cynical and pessimistic about this though.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

His supporters are already maximally riled up. 2018 turnout was unusually high for a sitting party.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    His supporters are already maximally riled up. 2018 turnout was unusually high for a sitting party.
    There can always be more fanatacism. There is a fair amount of people who support trumpy silently, or quietly. This aquittal could radicalize them even further.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    This is so infuriating. They sit up there on their high horse of finding the most pure candidate who will do the least harm, all while allowing the candidate who will do the most amount of damage by a wide margin win.

Do they not understand the impact of the Supreme Court? Even if come 2024 they somehow got their perfect pure candidate up to the main election and even winning the presidency, we will still be fighting an uphill battle with a Supreme Court stacked with fascist, Religious Right nutjobs. Don't even get started with the lower courts, which the Trump administration has been pouncing on as well. We absolutely can not afford another four years of this. The damage will be irreparable for decades.
    At the very least my generation and the generation after us seem to be getting far more liberal and accepting of things like LGBTQ rights and pro choice

Eventually far enough down the line in a few decades we probably won't have as many bigoted people, I mean there will always be some but the newer generations seem much more liberal to me, now if only we could could convince them to vote, seriously so many people refuse to vote, if they did the elections would be 1000% different

From leaks, Bolton's book has completely blown up the Trump team's entire defense; they've had a copy to review for a month, which is pretty obviously why they were trying to accelerate the whole process and why they were so pissed about Pelosi holding off on sending the Articles over.
    Complicating things since 2009.

For a bit more detail:

Trump wanted aid to Ukraine frozen until it helped on probes of political rivals: New York Times

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1ZP0K6

U.S. President Donald Trump told a then-top aide in August he wanted to freeze security aid to Ukraine until officials there helped with investigations into Democrats, including former Vice President Joe Biden, the New York Times reported on Sunday.

Trump’s statement was described in an unpublished manuscript by former White House national security adviser John Bolton, the

Times said in a report that could raise pressure on Republicans to call Bolton as a witness in Trump’s Senate impeachment trial.

The report, which did not quote the manuscript but cited multiple people describing Bolton’s account, may undercut a key element of Trump’s defense: that there was no quid pro quo when he asked Ukrainian President Volodomyr Zelenskiy to investigate Biden and his son Hunter Biden in a July phone call.

Biden is a leading contender for the Democratic nomination to oppose Trump in the Nov. 3 election. His son worked for a Ukrainian energy firm while Biden was vice president.

In a statement, an attorney for Bolton suggested that the Times’ account was accurate and said he had submitted Bolton’s book manuscript to the National Security Council on Dec. 30, a standard security review for classified information.

“It is clear, regrettably, from The New York Times article published today that the prepublication review process has been corrupted and that information has been disclosed by persons other than those properly involved in reviewing the manuscript,” the attorney, Charles Cooper, said.
    Here’s Bolton’s lawyer’s cover letter transmitting the manuscript to the White House last month

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status...233526273?s=19

BREAKING: Statement from Bolton's lawyer Chuck Cooper. Story TK.

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/st...627684358?s=19
    Last edited by sgamer82; January 26th, 2020 at 10:28 PM.

Waldorf:

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    From leaks, Bolton's book has completely blown up the Trump team's entire defense; they've had a copy to review for a month, which is pretty obviously why they were trying to accelerate the whole process and why they were so pissed about Pelosi holding off on sending the Articles over.
    They also no doubt wanted Trump "declared completely innocent" before the State of the Union.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2020/01/27/day-1103/

Day 1103: A colorful distraction.

⚖️ Trump’s Senate Impeachment Trial:

What happened Saturday? Trump’s legal team began their opening arguments by seeking to cast doubt on Democrats’ case that Trump tried to pressure Ukraine into investigating Joe Biden. Over the course of a two-hour session, Trump’s lawyer Pat Cipollone and his deputy Michael Purpura argued that Trump had valid reasons for withholding military aid from Ukraine and that House prosecutors overlooked facts, noting that witnesses in the House’s impeachment hearings based their assessments on “presumptions” and “guesswork” rather than knowledge of Trump’s intentions. “We don’t believe that they have come anywhere close to meeting their burden for what they’re asking you to do,” Cipollone said. They also argued that the words Trump spoke on his July 25 call to Ukraine’s president, Volodymyr Zelensky, conveyed no pressure — and that Ukrainians never publicly expressed any. Cipollone added that Democrats are “asking you to tear up all of the ballots all across the country” and “perpetrate the most massive interference in an election in American history.”What happened today? Trump’s team continued with their opening statements, arguing about the basis of the House’s impeachment inquiry and the Trump’s rights of due process and executive privilege. Trump’s lawyers – ignoring John Bolton’s disclosure that Trump said he wanted to continue a freeze on military aid to Ukraine until officials helped with investigations into Trump’s political rivals – told senators that no evidence existed tying Trump’s decision to withhold security aid from Ukraine to his insistence on the investigations, arguing that Trump did nothing wrong and the impeachment inquiry was illegitimate from the start. Alan Dershowitz claimed that “Nothing in the Bolton revelations, even if true, would rise to the level of an abuse of power, or an impeachable offense.” A handful of Republicans, meanwhile, appeared to be moving closer to joining Democrats in a vote to subpoena Bolton. Pam Bondi, one of Trump’s lawyers, accused Democrats of denying the legitimacy of investigations into the Bidens because the House case depends on the premise that Trump was only interested in the negative political impact on his rival. Jane Raskin, a member of Trump’s defense team, also called Rudy Giuliani a “colorful distraction.”
    1/ Trump told former national security adviser John Bolton in August that he wanted to continue freezing $391 million in security assistance to Ukraine until Ukrainian officials helped with investigations into Biden and other Democrats, according to an unpublished manuscript of Bolton’s forthcoming book, “The Room Where It Happened.” Bolton’s account directly contradicts one of Trump’s defense arguments, that there was no quid pro quo when he asked Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate Biden and his son in the July phone call. Bolton’s account was included in drafts of a manuscript he circulated to close associates. A draft was also sent to the White House for a standard review process on Dec. 30 — 12 days after Trump was impeached. The White House ordered Bolton and other key officials with firsthand knowledge of Trump’s dealings not to cooperate with the impeachment inquiry. (New York Times)
    • Trump claimed that he “NEVER” told Bolton that military aid to Ukraine was conditioned on investigations into Biden and his son. Trump cited his first face-to-face meeting with Zelensky at the United Nations in September, and asserted that he “released the military aid to Ukraine without any conditions or investigations - and far ahead of schedule.” (Politico / New York Times / CNBC)
    • Mitch McConnell didn’t know that Trump’s administration had a copy of the Bolton manuscript. McConnell, who has said he’s in “total coordination” with the White House on the impeachment trial, reportedly isn’t happy. (Courier-Journal)
    • 💡 Takeaways from the John Bolton revelations. (Washington Post / New York Times)
    • 📚 The WTF Just Happened Today? Recommended Book List
    2/ Congressional Democrats called for Bolton to testify in Trump’s impeachment trial following the report that Trump told Bolton last August that he wanted to withhold military aid to Ukraine unless it aided investigations into the Bidens. In a joint statement, the seven House impeachment managers called the report “explosive” and urged Senate Republicans to agree to call Bolton as a witness in Trump’s trial. Bolton has said that he would testify before the Senate if subpoenaed. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tweeted that because of the report that Bolton had firsthand knowledge of Trump’s decision that ran counter to the White House’s account, the “refusal of the Senate to call for him, other relevant witnesses, and documents is now even more indefensible.” (Washington Post / NBC News / Axios / Wall Street Journal)
    3/ Senate Republicans have privately discussed a “one-for-one” witness deal. Patrick Toomey has privately spoken with several colleagues – including Mitt Romney – about possibly summoning two witnesses to Trump’s impeachment trial. Romney, Susan Collins, and Lisa Murkowski have previously said they’re open to hearing from Bolton. Following the revelations from Bolton’s unpublished manuscript, Romney and Collins said it’s “increasingly likely” other Republicans will vote to call witnesses. (Washington Post / NBC News / Politico / Bloomberg)
    4/ A video made public captures Trump saying he wants to “get rid” of the then-U.S. ambassador to Ukraine during an April 2018 meeting that included Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman. The video, recorded on Fruman’s phone, contradicts Trump’s statements that he didn’t know Parnas or Fruman, who both worked with Rudy Giuliani to push for the ousting of Marie Yovanovitch, who was ultimately removed from her post in April 2019. Trump also asked how long Ukraine would be able to resist Russian aggression without U.S. assistance during the dinner. (New York Times / Associated Press / PBS NewsHour / CNN / BuzzFeed News)
    • 📌 Day 1100: Trump appeared to order two Rudy Giuliani associates to “get rid” of then-US ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch during a dinner in April 2018 at the Trump International Hotel, according to a recording made by Igor Fruman. “Get her out tomorrow. I don’t care. Get her out tomorrow. Take her out. Okay? Do it,” Trump reportedly said of Yovanovitch after being told by Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman that the career foreign service officer was “badmouthing” him in Kiev. Parnas turned over the recording to the House Intelligence Committee. Trump claimed in November that didn’t “know much” about Yovanovitch when he signed off on recalling her from Kiev. Pence defended Trump after the 2018 recording emerged, saying “All of the ambassadors for the United States of America serve at the pleasure of the president of the United States.” (ABC News / New York Times / Daily Beast / Talking Points Memo)
    • 💡 Takeaways from the video of Trump’s private donor dinner. (New York Times)
    5/ Trump tweeted that Rep. Adam Schiff has “has not paid the price, yet,” attacking Schiff as “a CORRUPT POLITICIAN, and probably a very sick man.” Schiff, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee and the lead impeachment manager in the Senate trial, responded by urging Republican senators to find the “moral courage to stand up” to a “wrathful and vindictive president.” (Washington Post / New York Times)
    6/ Secretary of State Mike Pompeo abruptly ended an interview with NPR after the reporter asked about the Trump administration’s firing of the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine. Immediately after the question on Ukraine, Pompeo glared at Mary Louise Kelly for several seconds before leaving the room. A few moments later, an aide asked Kelly to follow her into Pompeo’s private living room at the State Department without a recorder. Inside the room, Pompeo shouted his displeasure for being questioned about Ukraine, repeatedly used the “f-word,” and challenged Kelly to find Ukraine on an unlabeled map, which she did. Pompeo then said, “People will hear about this.” Pompeo later accused Kelly of lying and being part of an “unhinged” media conspiracy “in a quest to hurt President Trump and this administration.” Email records, however, show Pompeo’s staff was aware that Kelly would ask Pompeo about several topics during the interview – including about Ukraine – and raised no objections. Pompeo never said whether he owed Marie Yovanovitch an apology. (NPR / New York Times / Washington Post / The Guardian)
    • Trump questioned why NPR exists and appeared to threaten to cut off its federal funding. About 1% of NPR’s annual operating budget consists of “grants from Corporation for Public Broadcasting and federal agencies and departments.” (Mother Jones / The Hill)
    • Transcript: NPR’s Full Interview With Secretary Of State Mike Pompeo. (NPR)
    poll/ 50% of Americans think the Senate should vote to convict and remove Trump, while 44% believe the Senate should not vote to remove Trump from office. (Fox News)

Notables.

1. The Supreme Court allowed the Trump administration to enforce its “public charge” rule, which makes it easier to deny immigrants residency or admission to the country because they have or might use public-assistance programs. (CBS News / Washington Post / Wall Street Journal / CNN)
    2. The Trump administration is working to roll back Obama’s efforts to combat racial segregation. Housing secretary Ben Carson has moved to scrap a policy that withholds federal funds from cities if they don’t address segregation, and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has proposed cutting back on collecting data that helps track discrimination in the mortgage market. (Politico)
    3. The Veterans of Foreign Wars demanded that Trump apologize for downplaying traumatic brain injuries sustained by U.S. service members in Iraq after Iranian missile strikes on American troops earlier this month. Trump previously said he doesn’t consider potential traumatic brain injuries to be as serious as physical combat wounds, saying some troops “had headaches, and a couple of other things, but I would say, and I can report, it’s not very serious.” (CNN)
    4. Trump’s spiritual adviser called for “all satanic pregnancies to miscarry.” Paula White said she was speaking in metaphor. White recently joined the White House Office of Public Liaison as a religious adviser. (Washington Post)
    5. Obama called Trump a “fascist” in a phone conversation during the 2016 presidential election. The clip of Sen. Tim Kaine recounting the call with Hillary Clinton was caught on camera and appears in an episode of “Hillary,” a four-part documentary series that will be available on Hulu on March 6. (NBC News)

Waldorf:

I know this isn't exactly politics, but apparently benny boy sharpedo has "canceled" joe rogan because he supports Bernie. I love how republicans call people on the left snowflakes and soyboys and whatnot, but then turn around and do stuff like this on the reg, lol.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

The same Ben Shapiro who made a stupid remark regarding Bernie being Jewish despite Shapiro himself being jewish?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

It seems obvious now after this^ post but I had no idea who benny boy sharpedo was referring to, it sounded like a wrestler name to me.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information