+ Reply to Thread
Page 950 of 950 FirstFirst ... 450 850 900 940 948 949 950
Results 18,981 to 18,992 of 18992

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Despite not being politically relevant anymore like at all, Hillary Clinton decided to kick the already riled Hornets nest that is the political left.

I'm done. I'm just fucking done. Can we please skip to the part where I vote for the Democrat but Trump still wins?
    Last edited by Demon Rin; January 21st, 2020 at 06:39 PM.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

Republicans are whining about Mean Old Chuck Schumer making them openly vote down witness after witness instead of just making them all a package deal so the GOP could hurry up and throw the Constitution in the trash and get a good night's sleep.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Robert de Niro brings politics to the SAG awards:
    https://www.comicsands.com/robert-de...NIGrPnjQb_dvnI

I know you can argue that an old white guy actor doesn't have any right to call out another old white guy, but I will happily take anybody with popularity and presence calling out the Angry Orange on television.
    Bit rich coming from someone involved in Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    I know it is not strictly about American politics, but I somehow feel there is a strong anti-intellectual sentiment taking over the world. Perhaps uneven growth of different social strata and increasing financial disparity are making a large section of middle class and lower simply hating any rationality.

originally published in the 1960s

You're not wrong, just a struggle that's ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Despite not being politically relevant anymore like at all, Hillary Clinton decided to kick the already riled Hornets nest that is the political left.

I'm done. I'm just fucking done. Can we please skip to the part where I vote for the Democrat but Trump still wins?
    I genuinely believe a large part of the democratic party would rather have Trump win than Bernie, because at least Trump won't upset the status quo too much. He's only pretending at being anti-establishment after all. See also: Jimmy Carter 1980.
    Last edited by DoctorPhil; January 22nd, 2020 at 08:23 AM.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Biden is going to be the nominee isnt it :ρ

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Biden is going to be the nominee isnt it :ρ
    Well currently Bernie is ahead of Biden now. The more folks hear from Biden the less they like him, but the opposite happens to Bernie. But eh who knows.

Biden is up 4 points since last month in the latest Monmouth poll

I'd rather have Warren than Bernie, but I'd rather have Bernie than Biden.

In the meantime, Wil Wheaton shares a post with a guy pointing out that all those personality tests from a couple years ago were actually a way to harvest user data, and now they're back again. You can't prove it unless you have access to Cambridge Analytica, but there was a scandal where it was shown that the *former* company had harvested tons of personal data from Facebook. So I can totally believe it. Especially since a lot of those tests were on Facebook.

https://wilwheaton.tumblr.com/post/190386905539/allan-piper?fbclid=IwAR0tKSqVKNoIw3R2EwiEqazbMabOhcOW4aL HLla6QpQoENvpmwWvN-Zx-bA
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebo...a_data_scandal

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorPhil View Post
    I genuinely believe a large part of the democratic party would rather have Trump win than Bernie, because at least Trump won't upset the status quo too much.
    Why would Democrats rather have Trump than Bernie when they don't like Trump, they don't like Bernie either but they hate Trump far personally far more than they do Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Why would Democrats rather have Trump than Bernie when they don't like Trump, they don't like Bernie either but they hate Trump far personally far more than they do Trump.
    Dem voters hate trump. Dem politicians keep saying what a madman he is who shouldn't be anywhere near power, but then they keep voting in all his picks. They only give lip service to resisting Trump, then turn around and give him whatever he wants. They gave him a ridiculous 783 billion war budget while impeaching him, part of which goes to a motherfucking space force. They serve their donors and Trump is far better for their donors than Bernie, that's all that matters. From Rin's link you can see how Hillary (who is still influential in the party) refusing to say if she'd endorse him over Trump. The same is true for other democrats. Dem leadership refusing to unify happened before with Jimmy Carter. It's one of the reasons why Reagan won in the biggest landslide against an incumbent in history. I'm not saying it's the majority of dems who wouldn't unify behind Bernie, but it should be zero. I still think Biden is favored to win the primary (and lose handily to Trump), but even if Bernie wins it'll be hard if the party refuses to unify behind him. Then again he is Trump's kryptonite so he has a good shot.
    Last edited by DoctorPhil; January 22nd, 2020 at 05:29 PM.

Dem politicians keep saying what a madman he is who shouldn't be anywhere near power, but then they keep voting in all his picks.
    .....I'm too lazy to check the numbers but I'd almost guarantee that's a minority of senators and representatives secondly it doesn't really matter where the senate is concerned since Republicans have enough seats to override anything the democrats want to do.

From Rin's link you can see how Hillary (who is still influential in the party) refusing to say if she'd endorse him over Trump.
    .....Which makes sense for two reasons

1. The primaries aren't finished and there is no established front runner.
    2. It's far more likely like she'd endorse Warren than Bernie the former of whom she's friends with the latter she isn't and never was.

Hell it'd be funny if she did endorse Bernie just to see the reactions of all the Bernie fanboys that still hold a grudge against her, Schultz, & the DNC for "hurting" Bernie in 2016.

I'm not saying it's the majority of dems who wouldn't unify behind Bernie, but it should be zero.
    Statistically it would be impossible for "every" democrat to support Bernie....especially when he doesn't bring much new to table he's "old and white but hates corporations controlling everything".
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information