+ Reply to Thread
Page 937 of 970 FirstFirst ... 437 837 887 927 935 936 937 938 939 947 ... LastLast
Results 18,721 to 18,740 of 19384

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

House has voted for both articles of impeachment.

Congrats, Fucko, you're officially on the level of Andrew Johnson and Richard Nixon.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Tulsi Gabbard voted "Present" if you want an update as to how that tertiary character's plot is going.

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/sta...86304168169474

@SethAbramson
    BREAKING NEWS (CNN): Speaker Pelosi Will Not Select House Managers or Send Articles to Senate Until House Sees Proposed Senate Trial Rules; Chance of Articles Being Withheld From Senate Persists
    Oh hey, looks like they're going through with that delay tactic after all.

Richard Nixon was never impeached. However Bill Clinton was impeached.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    I don’t even know why Republicans put in the effort with the histrionics since the media has already deemed it a both sides, partisan process months ago anyway.
    Are you suggesting that they just sit there an let the Democrats say whatever they want? It's important for both sides of the issue be stated and let people make up their own minds as to who's right.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/sta...86304168169474

Oh hey, looks like they're going through with that delay tactic after all.
    Not totally unfair on the Speaker's part I think. Show me your cards before I show you mine is a good strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Night9Hawk View Post

Are you suggesting that they just sit there an let the Democrats say whatever they want? It's important for both sides of the issue be stated and let people make up their own minds as to who's right.
    Letting both sides say what they want would make a world of sense.........if the Republicans and Trump weren't lying their asses off which in turn leads their braindead base to think that Trump is being unfairly targeted which he's not.

This idiocy has consequences Trump even being in the white house is a testament to that.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; December 18th, 2019 at 08:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

so like does this mean he cant run for president again?

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    so like does this mean he cant run for president again?
    Nope, he can still run.

Unless of course he's convicted and forcibly removed from office, but we all know that'll never happen.

I hope their is a game plan to not have this immediately struck down once it hits the republican controlled supreme court.

Yeah, unfortunately impeached doesn't mean kicked out. It's why Clinton didn't leave office, and why Al Gore didn't take over before the 2000 election.

Seems pretty silly to have a what amounts to a jury of his friends deciding his fate. That type of set-up surely wouldn't stand in a regular courtroom, but i guess presidents are above the laws that governs the average man.

Spoiler:

Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

That's honestly the only good thing coming out of this. Unfortunately I think it'll backfire on the dems by making trumpy's base coalesce around him. And since the name of the 2020 game is gonna be voter turnout I don't like where this is going.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Ironically, while watching impeachment, I got a call notifying me that I'd been hired as a political consultant for a NY State Senate seat. Merry Impeachment, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Whose willing to bet that people will only be emboldened to reelect Trump, and don't actually care if his actually committed lots of crimes?

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Ironically, while watching impeachment, I got a call notifying me that I'd been hired as a political consultant for a NY State Senate seat. Merry Impeachment, I guess.
    Congratulations!
    Gonna give ya the D.!

That McConnel and Lindsay Gram both said up front they weren't going to be impartial and it was going to be a mock trial gives the dems all the power to not just toss it off to the Senate.

Like, we knew that you guys were corrupt, it was obvious, you didn't have to say it out loud in public on the record.

So its in the Dems' best interest to just hold it. Let more investigation come out, use increased subpeona power (and start arresting people who refuse to cooperate) and let Trump yell like a child on a daily basis for as long as possible. If it takes a few months no harm. And if it happens closer to elections? Even better.

ANd even the repubs might be willing to do something resembling a fair trial if they can see sticking to their path is going to kill them. We know 30-35 would vote against him if it was a secret ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by genocyber View Post
    I hope their is a game plan to not have this immediately struck down once it hits the republican controlled supreme court.
    The supreme court doesn't have any say about impeachment. Senate does.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzMazz View Post
    Whose willing to bet that people will only be emboldened to reelect Trump, and don't actually care if his actually committed lots of crimes?
    65% of REPUBLICANS want an actual trial with witnesses and stuff. Trumpets are idiots, but not all republicans are. They can see a criminal criming when its paraded in front of them enough.

Remember, the polls that say Trump has a sky high approval rating are basically rigged. They ask the starter questions in such a way that they only get the people they want answering the polls. Even Fox's polls are turning against him, and thats a straight up propoganda network.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    That's honestly the only good thing coming out of this. Unfortunately I think it'll backfire on the dems by making trumpy's base coalesce around him. And since the name of the 2020 game is gonna be voter turnout I don't like where this is going.
    His base has been energized since 2016. Republican turnout was unusually high during the midterms. But they still lost by a record-breaking number.

Alot of these problems seem like they could be alleviated by making these type of votes a secret ballot. I mean since you guys report who voted for who, anyone who goes against the party line can expect repercussions, meaning that even if they wanted to they are not free to act. The way it stands now it seems like his quip about shooting a guy and getting away with it was quite true, since he can't be prosecuted and the only "court" he can stand in is essentially rigged from the start. I mean i get that i'm a broken record and all, but the system seems broken in so many ways

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

I wonder if the impeachment gets Trump so wiled up he has some sort of heart attack, and that's how this all finally ends. Honestly, not against it.

Impeachment will backfire at the ballots

Good anyway, we need another Trump term

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Impeachment will backfire at the ballots

Good anyway, we need another Trump term
    OK, I'll bite: Why exactly does the U.S. need another four years of Trump?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information