+ Reply to Thread
Page 930 of 930 FirstFirst ... 430 830 880 920 928 929 930
Results 18,581 to 18,589 of 18589

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Boehner is a weed lobbyist now, after a lifelong supporter of the war on drugs.

At least he wisened up (for obvious reasons) if only people like Sessions and Biden could join everyone else in 2019/2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

In the words of George Takei:

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

Speaking of Boehner, my dad, as an obnoxiously staunch republican, is proud he didn't vote for him; he said it was because Boehner was a RINO to him (something I assume was an idea Talk Radio planted in his head). In other words
    he didn't like that Boehner was willing to reach across the isle and compromise with the democrats. Its a sad state of affairs when my dad (and other likes him) are so consumed by the notion that democrats are pure evil that they'd forgo any
    talk of compromise to simply keep the other team from having any input on policy. It seems as if a nonfunctional law making body is preferred to functional one, as long as the other 'team' has no say in control over that body.

This talk of Boehner is reminding me of this politico article where he trash talks his old colleagues.

Breaking the ice, I mention some news of the day—that Trey Gowdy appears likely to become chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. The previous chairman, Jason Chaffetz, had abruptly announced his resignation from Congress; House conservatives had hoped that Jim Jordan, a senior member on the committee, might pursue the chairmanship. Boehner grins. “Gowdy—that’s my guy, even though he doesn’t know how to dress,” he says. Then Boehner leans back in his chair. “Fuck Jordan. Fuck Chaffetz. They’re both assholes."
    I get the feeling that out of office more politicians are like this. They are human, after all. Not that it excuses them, but still can't you just see Paul Ryan cursing out Trump like this?

Also, I think Trump started ranting about toilets and light bulbs today? It was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by hosemisnuba View Post
    . In other words
    he didn't like that Boehner was willing to reach across the isle and compromise with the democrats.
    Too bad that's not really what Boehner was trying to do before the tea party segment of the party came along and basically kept trying to fuck everything up while essentially trying to throw Boehner in the woodchipper for not being a "true" conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    Also, I think Trump started ranting about toilets and light bulbs today? It was weird.
    That's pretty much how Trump's comments are supposed to work, not make sense him repeating shit twice and essentially trying to make someone look aggrieved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by hosemisnuba View Post
    Speaking of Boehner, my dad, as an obnoxiously staunch republican, is proud he didn't vote for him; he said it was because Boehner was a RINO to him (something I assume was an idea Talk Radio planted in his head). In other words
    he didn't like that Boehner was willing to reach across the isle and compromise with the democrats. Its a sad state of affairs when my dad (and other likes him) are so consumed by the notion that democrats are pure evil that they'd forgo any
    talk of compromise to simply keep the other team from having any input on policy. It seems as if a nonfunctional law making body is preferred to functional one, as long as the other 'team' has no say in control over that body.
    The thing is that, as GvR pointed out, even before the GOP took the House, Boehner regulary called various Obama initiaifes forms of fascism. Just Youtube his Obamacare speeches.

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    The thing is that, as GvR pointed out, even before the GOP took the House, Boehner regulary called various Obama initiaifes forms of fascism. Just Youtube his Obamacare speeches.
    I've never thought that Boehner was anything more than your typical 21st century Republican Speaker of the house, but whether or not Boehner is actually a bipartisan 'RINO' or not is irrelevant to people who buy into right wing propaganda like my father.
    The matter of fact is, these folks are so enthralled with notions that the other side is the devil that even the thought of someone working with the other 'team' gets them indignant and riled up (whether or not the information that leads to those thoughts is valid or not).

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Claremont United Methodist, known for their provocative nativity scenes, have turned this year's into a statement against Trump's concentration camps, with Mary, Joesph, and infant Jesus in seperate cages.

https://twitter.com/mattrindge/statu...033929729?s=19

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

"Bernie and his followers already ruined one election"
    Okay fine, I'll bite: What exactly did Bernie Sanders do in 2016? Because from what I've seen he...
    -Threw his hat into the race in the presidential primary, something he was entirely within his right to do considering it's supposed to be a democratic process where the best candidate prevails, and how exactly would one gauge the best candidate if one arbitrarily shuts people out?
    -Managed to go from being a no-name outside of his own state to very nearly winning the primary, indicating that his message really resonated quite strongly with people
    -Stayed in the race until it became clear that he had no shot at victory, at which point he very quickly switched gears to aggressively campaigning for Hillary Clinton.

Oh my. What a villain. Note also that people more or less stopped listening to him after he switched to campaigning for Hillary, because, as it turns out, people liked Bernie Sanders for the policies he championed, so once he stopped championing those policies and went over to "You have to vote for Hillary because Trump would be an unmitigated disaster!", people were no longer interested.
    Did I also mention how both last time and this time, there's a transparently obvious anti-Sanders bias in the media? Every time he ends up accomplishing anything such as, I dunno, having larger crowds at his events than any other candidate, reaching one million individual donors faster than any other candidate, or ranking first in polls, sites like MSNBC and CNN go out of their way to acknowledge this as little as possible.
    Example. "Buttigieg in fourth, but a strong fourth"? Seriously? That's more noteworthy than Bernie Sanders being in first? Granted, it's not just Bernie; They have a tendency to ignore Yang and Tulsi Gabbard as well. Warren at least gets proper coverage at least some of the time.

Also worth noting: A lot of the states Hillary Clinton lost in in 2016? She didn't even campaign there, taking them for granted because those states had previously voted for Obama both times. Oh, my, who could possibly have foreseen that Trump might have been able to gain ground in the states where his opposition didn't even bother to show up?
    Also this:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information