+ Reply to Thread
Page 891 of 891 FirstFirst ... 391 791 841 881 889 890 891
Results 17,801 to 17,820 of 17820

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    I'd imagine they would be technically citizens but wouldn't have any representation in government, similar to other US territories like Guam or Puerto Rico.
    Damn. I always forget about Puerto Rico. Why aren't they a state yet again?
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    In a scenario where the US bought Greenland wouldn't they become US citizens?
    No, the people that moved there would be citizens. The people already there when we took possession would be immigrants.

That's how it worked with all the Mexicans that lived in Texas when the border line shifted.

Because that's logic.

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Damn. I always forget about Puerto Rico. Why aren't they a state yet again?
    Because then we'd have to change the flags and democrats would get more voices in congress.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    No, the people that moved there would be citizens. The people already there when we took possession would be immigrants.

That's how it worked with all the Mexicans that lived in Texas when the border line shifted.

Because that's logic.

Because then we'd have to change the flags and democrats would get more voices in congress.
    The flag has been changed plenty of times before, and more democratic voices in congress is the only way to save the country. ...I'm not really seeing a problem there, lol. It's really cause they're brown, isn't it?
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    The flag has been changed plenty of times before, and more democratic voices in congress is the only way to save the country. ...I'm not really seeing a problem there, lol. It's really cause they're brown, isn't it?
    Yeah but we haven't changed the flag in foreeeeeever. Not since the 60's! That's haaaaaard. Think of all the merchandising that would have to be changed! (Also, it looks awful when its an uneven number of stars at this point.

And more democrat voices is not what the republicans want.

Puerto Rico has voted to become a state several times now. I think in 2017 they had like 97% vote in favor. So... the holdup isn't on them.

And yes, because they are brown.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Jay Inslee dropped out.

Puerto Rico is a state in everything but name only.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday...08/21/day-944/

Day 944: Absurd

1/ The Trump administration will terminate the 20-day cap for detaining migrant children and allow the government to indefinitely detain migrant families who cross the border illegally. The new regulation, announced by acting Department of Homeland Security chief Kevin McAleenan, requires approval from a federal judge before it can go into effect and could be in defiance of the 2015 Flores agreement, which limited the time families could be detained to 20 days. Trump and Republicans have repeatedly blamed the 20-day rule for encouraging migrants to arrive at the border with their children expecting to be released. Administration officials claim the new rule will serve as a deterrent against migrant families. The Trump administration proposed a similar rule in September 2018 that would have allowed the government to detain migrant children for longer periods of time, so long as they were treated with "dignity, respect and special concern for their particular vulnerability as minors." (ABC News / Washington Post / Wall Street Journal / NBC News / New York Times)

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...grant-n1044666

2/ The Trump administration is considering a plan to allow states and cities the ability to deny entry to refugees approved for resettlement in the United States. According to the draft order, "the federal government will resettle refugees only where both the relevant state and local governments have consented to participate" in the program. If a jurisdiction does not agree, the federal government will find another location. Trump, meanwhile, is debating whether to decrease refugee admissions starting on Oct. 1. In fiscal year 2016, the limit was 85,000 refugees; in fiscal year 2019, the number was 30,000. (NBC News)

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...roved-n1044801

3/ Trump accused Jewish Democrats of "show[ing] either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty," repeating an anti-Semitic trope that Jews have a "dual loyalty" and are more devoted to Israel than they are to their own countries. Trump's comments came in response to a question about Rep. Ilhan Omar's suggestion that the U.S. should reconsider how much foreign aid it pays to Israel. Trump also tweet-quoted a conservative radio host and known conspiracy theorist, who praised Trump as "the greatest President for Jews," that Israelis "love him like he is the second coming of God," and that Trump is "the King of Israel." (NBC News / New York Times / Associated Press / Washington Post / The Guardian)

https://apnews.com/1bc3065eb2e4414289ef0ac1ac4ebaf7

4/ The federal budget deficit is growing faster than expected and the Congressional Budget Office forecasts the deficit will expand by about $800 billion more than previously expected over 10 years. The U.S. was already expected to hit about $1 trillion in annual deficits next year, but the shortfall will expand by $1.9 trillion in new spending over the next decade because of a budget deal to avoid the spending cliff and an emergency spending package for the crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border. It would be the first time the deficit exceeded the $1 trillion mark since 2012, when the economy was recovering from the financial crisis. By 2029, the national debt will reach its highest level as a share of the economy since the end of World War II. (Bloomberg / Wall Street Journal / Washington Post / New York Times)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-election-year

5/ Trump is no longer considering "a tax cut now," because he claimed "we don't need it. We have a strong economy." Yesterday, Trump confirmed that he is considering "various tax reductions," including a payroll tax cut, to stimulate a weakening American economy. Meanwhile, acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney promised top GOP donors that if an election-year recession hits, it would be "moderate and short." (Wall Street Journal / Politico)

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ession-1470360

6/ Trump cancelled his trip to Denmark because the Danish prime minister would not sell him Greenland and had "no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland." Trump accused Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen of making "nasty" comments and that "she blew me off" and made "not a nice statement" about his interest in purchasing Greenland. Frederiksen called Trump's idea of selling Greenland "absurd." (NPR / BBC / New York Times / New York Times / NBC News / NBC News /Washington Post / Washington Post)

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/21/75298...d-not-for-sale

poll/ 65% of Americans say current economic conditions are good down five percentage points since May. The drop is the first significant decline in public perception about the economy during Trump's presidency. (CNN)

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/21/polit...uns/index.html

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Today's WTF blog seems more of a summary of Trump fuck-ups than usual. Like, each of those is some combination of him being a stupid ass, or ruining something.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    Today's WTF blog seems more of a summary of Trump fuck-ups than usual. Like, each of those is some combination of him being a stupid ass, or ruining something.
    And it didn't even get his "I am the Chosen One" bit

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/21/polit...one/index.html

(CNN) In the midst of answering a question about the ongoing trade war with China on Wednesday, President Donald Trump turned from reporters, looked to heavens and proclaimed, "I am the chosen one."

He was, ostensibly, joking. The point he was trying to make is that past presidents should have dealt with the inequities in the United States' relationship with China but didn't, leaving him to handle it.

But as always with Trump, his jokes are freighted with what he believes to be lots and lots of truth.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Anyone else find massively fun how Trump thinks Denmark is going to cry over Trump's visit being canceled?

I think if we started calling Puerto Rico "Rich Port", it would probably be a State within a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Jay Inslee dropped out.
    An article on that:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...-race-n1045066

Waldorf:

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Anyone else find massively fun how Trump thinks Denmark is going to cry over Trump's visit being canceled?
    Obama will be going there himself soon and Trump kept whining about him during his rambling imbecilities today. Presumably Trump didn't want the news to talk about how much more of a welcome response Obama will get than Il Douche
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Well i mean if we are being honest here it is always sort of a thing when us microstates get to host the president. Which is why it feels like such a total snub that our perceived friend hinges its friendship on being willing to part with pieces of its land. I mean sure it is only a state visit but it is a snub nonetheless, dude treats Russia and China with more kindness than what is supposed to be a close ally. It sends a signal of things to come

Well i mean if we are being honest here it is always sort of a thing when us microstates get to host the president. Which is why it feels like such a total snub that our perceived friend hinges its friendship on being willing to part with pieces of its land. I mean sure it is only a state visit but it is a snub nonetheless, dude treats Russia and China with more kindness than what is supposed to be a close ally. It sends a signal of things to come
    Less a signal of things to come and more a reminder of how things have been, I think.

Waldorf:

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    Less a signal of things to come and more a reminder of how things have been, I think.
    Well i can't imagine that the next four years of Trump is gonna be an improvement.

Well i can't imagine that the next four years of Trump is gonna be an improvement.
    If Donald Trump is allowed a second term as President, the United States, as a nation, deserves wherever happens to it, IMO.

Waldorf:

I am no Economics Expert, but isn't a trillion dollars deficit budget a signal of bad economy?

Hickenlooper is running for Senate, which is what he should've done from the start but hey better late than never.

Why does Trump want Greenland? And isn't Greenland an independent country?

Honesty, it really seems out of the blue with the Greenland situation.

Signature:
    Artist - ほし; Character - Red Riding Hood; Original Artwork
    Avatar: Artist - Unknown; Character - Unknown; Series - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information