+ Reply to Thread
Page 889 of 900 FirstFirst ... 389 789 839 879 887 888 889 890 891 899 ... LastLast
Results 17,761 to 17,780 of 17984

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    I'm wondering what Trump's plan here is. If it's money you'd think he'd go along with the auto companies. I assume it's just incompetence. Like, yeah Obama made those original emission standards, but I assume the auto companies are already adjusting to them so changing things now is a pain in the ass. Incompetence makes the most sense.
    When you're unsure about trumpy's motives, incompetence is always the safest bet.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    I didn't know until looking it up just now that there were people who lived in Greenland. I always thought Greenland was slightly less cold Antarctica.
    If memory serves correct, people live on the outskirts around the island, as the interior is really, really cold, so it's pretty sparsely inhabited for it's overall land mass.

It's just pettiness. Auto companies have previously objected to the rollbacks of some of Obama's policies on the grounds that they've already been adjusting and removing them doesn't help anyone. Hasn't stopped Trump from trying to erase Obama's legacy.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Trump: Jews that vote Democrat show 'lack of knowledge or great disloyalty'

President Trump said Tuesday that Jewish people who vote for Democrats are either ignorant or disloyal as he railed against two congresswomen who have been critical of the U.S.-Israel alliance.

"I think Jewish people that vote for a Democrat — I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty," Trump told reporters during an Oval Office meeting with the president of Romania.
    I really wonder how Trump's plan to insult all the Jewish people will win over Jewish votes.

The true question of the day is why is Greenland called Greenland when it has more snow and ice than it's counterpart Iceland?

Signature:
    Artist - ほし; Character - Red Riding Hood; Original Artwork
    Avatar: Artist - Unknown; Character - Unknown; Series - Unknown

Trump: Jews that vote Democrat show 'lack of knowledge or great disloyalty'

I really wonder how Trump's plan to insult all the Jewish people will win over Jewish votes.
    I'm willing to bet there were still latin folks who voted for him, despite...you know, everything he's said about them. Some people will vote against their interests, for whatever reasons.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    The true question of the day is why is Greenland called Greenland when it has more snow and ice than it's counterpart Iceland?
    Iceland was named that because when they first found it, it snowed during the summer and had a horrific first winter. (It was originally called snowland.)

Greenland was a bit warmer 1000 years ago, and not as much ice. The guys that arrived there named it Greenland to encourage settlers to come to it.

So basically ancient marketing scheme.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Iceland was named that because when they first found it, it snowed during the summer and had a horrific first winter. (It was originally called snowland.)

Greenland was a bit warmer 1000 years ago, and not as much ice. The guys that arrived there named it Greenland to encourage settlers to come to it.

Oh, so that's why. That's pretty interesting with cultural backgrounds! Thanks for explaining!

Signature:
    Artist - ほし; Character - Red Riding Hood; Original Artwork
    Avatar: Artist - Unknown; Character - Unknown; Series - Unknown

So there appears to be something of a power struggle between gun lobbyists.

Competing gun rights groups, however, say the NRA’s decline in influence began recently. Among their grievances is the NRA’s signaling an openness to red flag laws, which allow authorities to take away guns from people who are a threat to themselves and others. (The NRA however has not endorsed any red flag laws at the state level, and it failed to defeat such laws in 17 states and D.C.)

The decline “all began when the NRA came in with a weak response to Parkland,” said Michael Hammond, legislative counsel of Gun Owners of America, referencing the mass shooting at a Florida high school last year that left 17 people dead. “I think that the recent financial troubles people would forgive. But I don’t think they forgive what they view as a weakness on Second Amendment issues.”

Hammond added the group plans to meet with the White House this week to push back against expanding background checks.

On the other side, gun control groups also see an opportunity to take on the NRA. During the midterms, gun control groups outspent the NRA for the first time. Peter Ambler, executive director of Giffords, said the NRA’s void could help them dominate the conversation.

“Organizations like Giffords are going to benefit from the vacuum created by the NRA’s crack up as well and in other ways we’re going to be the primary beneficiaries,” Ambler said. “First of all, we’re going to occupy the political space in terms of influencing the political conversation around guns and second of all we’re going to organize a lot of gun owners.”

But even if the NRA yields less influence in the 2020 election, GOP strategists and other gun rights groups say that contingent of voters will stay motivated.

“The NRA is obviously working through some issues, but I don't think that means their members are any less committed to Second Amendment causes,” said Alex Conant, a former aide to Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla), now a Republican strategist. “You can get rid of the organization but as long as there's hundreds of millions of Americans who own firearms and support the Second Amendment, you're going to have real political opposition to gun control legislation.”
    The prioritizing of guns and the Second Amendment in this country is astounding (and super weird). It's too bad that we can't seem to give a shit about some important issues as much as these groups care about this. We would be better off if we could.

“I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion.” — Jun Fukuda

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    The guys that arrived there named it Greenland to encourage settlers to come to it.

Damn, and I was so sure of the story that it was named as such to trick potential invaders,
    so that when they arrived unprepared they couldn't advance, and/or they ended up freezing to death.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

I assume the auto companies are already adjusting to them so changing things now is a pain in the ass.
    Exactly. Same reason coal is never coming back; businesses have already made investments based on the plans of previous, sane administrations and they won't just throw that away.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Trump cancelled a meeting with the Danish PM because she won't sell Greenland to him.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Remember the great American-Danish war of '20?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Trump cancelled a meeting with the Danish PM because she won't sell Greenland to him.
    lol. She should be glad she doesn't have to meet with that sexist asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    Remember the great American-Danish war of '20?
    Only the part where Trump nuked Western Australia before surrendering after a stern phonecall from the Danish Ambasssador.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Default What the Fuck Just Happened Today? Day 943: Fundamentals

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2019/08/20/day-943/

Day 943: Fundamentals

1/ Trump confirmed that he is considering "various tax reductions," including a payroll tax cut, to stimulate a weakening American economy. The White House previously disputed that a payroll tax was under consideration. Trump said he'd "been thinking about payroll taxes for a long time," and that "it's not being done because of recession." Trump added that he's thinking about reducing capital gains taxes, which would largely benefit wealthy investors. (Washington Post / New York Times)
    2/ Kellyanne Conway insisted that "the fundamentals of our economy are very strong," despite a majority of economists expecting a downturn to hit by 2021 at the latest. The White House, meanwhile, is discussing ways to stimulate an economy that Trump claimed was "very strong." (Associated Press / New York Times)
    • U.S. Steel plans to lay off 200 workers at its facility in Michigan due to "current market conditions." Since Trump announced the tariffs in March 2018, U.S. Steel has lost about 70 percent of its market value, or $5.7 billion. (Crain's Detroit / CNBC / Reuters)
    3/ Trump appeared to withdraw his support for additional background checks and gun legislation after speaking with NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre. LaPierre reportedly told Trump that expanded background checks wouldn't sit well with his supporters. In the wake of the recent back-to-back mass shootings in Ohio and Texas, Trump said "I think background checks are important. I don't want to put guns into the hands of mentally unstable people or people with rage or hate." Now, Trump says he is "very concerned" about the Second Amendment and claims "people don't realize we have very strong background checks right now." (New York Times / Washington Post)
    4/ The U.S. won't vaccinate migrant families and has no plans to do so ahead of this year's flu season. At least three children held in detention centers at the Mexican border have died from the flu. The U.S. had previously gone almost a decade without any children dying while under U.S. immigration custody. (CNBC)
    5/ New York, Connecticut and Vermont sued to block Trump's public charge rule, which would limit pathways to citizenship for some legal immigrants. Under the new rule, immigrants enrolled in publicly funded programs, like food stamps and public health insurance, and seeking to change their legal immigration status can be deemed "public charge." Once labeled a "public charge," immigrants would be denied green cards, visas and other forms of legal immigration status. (NBC News)
    6/ Trump is expected to name John Sullivan to be the next ambassador to Russia, replacing Jon Huntsman Jr. Sullivan is currently the deputy secretary of state and has limited diplomatic experience dealing with Moscow. (New York Times)
    7/ The White House is attempting to block additional states from joining a pact with California and four automakers to oppose Trump's rollback of auto emissions standards. Toyota, Fiat, Chrysler, and General Motors were summoned to the White House last month and pressed by an adviser to stand by Trump's rollbacks. Meanwhile, Mercedez-Benz is preparing to join the agreement, which has reportedly "enraged" Trump. The five automakers account for more than 40% of all cars sold in the United States. (New York Times)
    8/ Trump tweeted a doctored photo showing a Trump Tower in Greenland, apparently making light of his idea to buy the world's largest island. The photo shows a golden-clad Trump Tower looming over a small village in Greenland with the caption, "I promise not to do this to Greenland!" (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    9/ Trump inflated the value and profitability of his Scotland golf courses by $165 million. Trump claimed in his 2018 U.S. filing that his Turnberry and Aberdeen resorts were each worth more than $50 million. The balance sheets filed with the United Kingdom, however, show that two golf courses combined debt exceeded their assets by 47.9 million British pounds ― the equivalent of $64.8 million. Trump's 2018 "public financial disclosure" filed with the U.S. Office of Government Ethics also claimed the two resorts earned "income" of $23.8 million. The filings with the U.K. Companies House office in Edinburgh, however, showed the resorts had lost 4.6 million pounds ― equal to $6.3 million. Knowingly providing false or incomplete information on that form is a violation of the Ethics in Government Act punishable by up to a year in jail. (HuffPost)

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

With Trump implying that jews that vote democrat are unloyal or misinformed.

How long til Republicans trash him for being anti-semitic & Net-andI'manasshole tells him he can't visit Israel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    With Trump implying that jews that vote democrat are unloyal or misinformed.

How long til Republicans trash him for being anti-semitic & Net-andI'manasshole tells him he can't visit Israel?
    As someone with a jewish congressman who continuously ignores Trump's nazi and anti-Semitic support, while praising isreal at any opportunity and bootlicking Trump every second.....

...it ain't happening.

Those that have stuck by him this far in his rhetoric will until it becomes clear via elections that supporting him isn't popular. And when that happens they'll try and flip it into that they didn't agree with him for his bad qualities, but for his"good" qualities.

Bootlicking politicians will continue to lick the dirt and claim the dirt tasted good the whole time until they're all out of office after years of denying eating dirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    As someone with a jewish congressman who continuously ignores Trump's nazi and anti-Semitic support, while praising isreal at any opportunity and bootlicking Trump every second.....

...it ain't happening.
    Oh I know that far be it for a spade to be called a spade for saying dumb shit while diamonds get called clubs for not actually saying dumb shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Those that have stuck by him this far in his rhetoric will until it becomes clear via elections that supporting him isn't popular. And when that happens they'll try and flip it into that they didn't agree with him for his bad qualities, but for his"good" qualities.
    Yeah I hope I live long enough to see his fanboys turn around in a few years and pretend they weren't high on him just like all the W fanboys after he left office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Again, as a Dane: I feel like the a Monty Python sketch has forced its way into my reality

I can only imagine dealing with this on a daily basis, christ

EDIT: Wait, appearantly Trump was the one to specifically request an audience with our Queen? Which he got? So he invited himself over, and is now bailing because of fucking THIS? I mean, good riddance, but hooo boy being prime minister and having to put up with this childish bullshit must be exhausting

Edit 2: I'm morbidly curious how the republicans are seeing this. Whats their take on this crazypants reality, or are they even aware of it
    Last edited by Daz; August 21st, 2019 at 04:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information