+ Reply to Thread
Page 868 of 875 FirstFirst ... 368 768 818 858 866 867 868 869 870 ... LastLast
Results 17,341 to 17,360 of 17498

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Personally nothing tops having 5 kids and naming one of them after you who ironically isn't even your favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Personally nothing tops having 5 kids and naming one of them after you who ironically isn't even your favorite.
    Not only was that not his idea but Trump objected to it on the grounds that the kid might be a loser.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday...07/11/day-903/

Day 903: Collateral damage

1/ The Trump administration is scheduled to begin coordinated raids to arrest at least 2,000 immigrants who have been ordered deported. The raids – scheduled to begin on Sunday after initially being postponed in part to resistance at Immigration and Customs Enforcement – will be conducted by ICE agents over multiple days. The raids are expected to include "collateral" deportations, where ICE agents might detain any immigrants present when the raid occurs. Agents have expressed unease about arresting babies and young children, noting that the raids could have limited success since word has already spread among immigrant communities about how to avoid arrest. (New York Times / Wall Street Journal / CNN / Associated Press)
    • 📌Day 886: Trump delayed planned nationwide ICE raids for two weeks to see if Congress can "work out a solution." Immigration agents had planned to sweep and deport people living the U.S. illegally in 10 major cities beginning Sunday. Hours after defending the plan, Trump delayed the raids on Saturday. Earlier in the week, Trump threatened to arrest and deport "millions of illegal aliens" next week. ICE leaders expressed concerns that officers' safety would be in jeopardy because too many details about the raids had been made public. (Associated Press / New York Times / CNN / Politico / ABC News)
    • 📌 Day 894: Trump threatened to increase ICE raids and deportations of undocumented immigrants after the Fourth of July holiday, saying "they're going to be gone, they're going back to their countries. They go back home." Trump praised the Mexican government for taking steps to curb the flow of migrants reaching the U.S. border, claiming, "It was because of tariffs that they're doing it, but the point is they're doing a great job." Trump then reiterated his threat to deport all undocumented immigrants, "because that's what we do." Trump delayed planned nationwide ICE raids last month for two weeks to see if Congress can "work out a solution." (NBC News)
    • The House Oversight and Reform Committee requested business information from the companies managing detention centers at the southern border. The committee asked for an accounting of the hundreds of millions of dollars in government contracts the Trump administration gave out. (NBC News)
    2/ Trump is expected to abandon his effort to issue an executive order to include a citizenship question on the 2020 census. Instead, Trump is expected to take executive action instructing the Commerce Department to obtain citizenship data "through other means." The administration is already printing census forms without the citizenship question after the Supreme Court ruled last month that the justification by Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross for adding the question was inadequate and "contrived." Trump acknowledged last week that the proposed citizenship question was part of a longterm Republican plan to use congressional redistricting to tilt power in their favor. "Number one, you need it for Congress – you need it for Congress for districting," Trump said. "You need it for appropriations – where are the funds going?" The White House said Trump will make an announcement at 5 p.m. EDT. (ABC News / Politico / NBC News / New York Times / The Guardian / Washington Post / Wall Street Journal / NPR / CNN / Associated Press)
    • 📌Day 889: The Supreme Court blocked the citizenship question from being added to the 2020 census. The court found that while the Department of Commerce had a right to reinstate the question, the administration provided a "contrived" justification for doing so. The Trump administration claimed the citizenship question was necessary to better comply with federal voting rights law, while critics argued it is an attempt to intimidate immigrant households. The Department of Commerce will now have to justify the addition of the question, which raises the question of whether the Trump administration will have enough time or the ability to add it before the forms have to be printed. The administration previously told the court that the questionnaire needed to be printed by the end of June. The Census Bureau found the question would reduce the response rate –especially in immigrant communities – and result in an estimated 6.5 million people not being counted. (CNN / NBC News / New York Times / NPR / Washington Post)
    3/ Trump hosted a "social media summit" at the White House for his political allies, including a conspiracy theorist, a meme creator, and a plagiarist. Some Republican lawmakers and GOP campaign strategists were also invited. Facebook, Google, and Twitter, however, were reportedly excluded from the summit, which focused on allegations of social media bias against conservatives. Trump accused the tech companies of exhibiting "terrible bias" and silencing his supporters. Ironically, Twitter experienced an outage during the summit. Prior to the outage, attendees had been tweeting selfies. (NPR / Washington Post / CNN / Politico)
    4/ The House Judiciary Committee authorized 12 subpoenas targeting Trump administration officials, including Trump family members and Jared Kushner. The committee also approved a separate group of subpoenas seeking information about the Trump administration's practice of separating children from their families at the border. Democratic leaders in the House also scheduled a full vote to hold Attorney General William Barr and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross in contempt of Congress for their refusal to turn over documents related to the citizenship question. (New York Times / Politico / Washington Post / CNN / NBC News / USA Today)
    • 📌 Day 901: The subpoena targets include Jared Kushner, Jeff Sessions, Rod Rosenstein, Michael Flynn, John Kelly and Corey Lewandowski, as well as Dylan Howard and David Pecker, two executives at American Media, Inc., and Keith Davidson, an attorney who previously represented Stormy Daniels. Republicans called the subpoenas as an effort to "relitigate" the Mueller investigation. (Politico)
    5/ A senior military officer accused Trump's nominee for the next vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of sexual misconduct. The officer says Gen. John Hyten subjected her to a series of unwanted sexual advances, including kissing, hugging, and rubbing up against her while she was one of his aides in 2017. She also said Hyten tried to derail her military career after she rejected his advances. (Associated Press)
    6/ The Trump Organization cancelled a planned event with a Miami-area strip club at Trump's Doral golf resort, because the charity associated with the event dropped out after seeing the press coverage that golfers could pay for a dancer to serve as their "caddy girl" while they played golf. "Now that the charity has removed its affiliation," a Trump Organization spokesperson said, "the event will no longer be taking place at our property and all amounts paid will be refunded." (Washington Post)
    • 📌Day 902: Trump's golf club will host a tournament put on by a Miami-area strip club, allowing golfers to pay for a dancer to serve as their "caddy girl" while they play golf. The Trump Organization confirmed the event and said it was for a "worthwhile cause" — a Miami children's charity. Trump still owns Doral and the Trump name and family crest were featured prominently in the strip club's advertising. Participation in the event ranges from $450 for a single player to $1,800 for a group of four with VIP upgrades available. (Washington Post / CNN)
    7/ The Trump administration withdrew a proposal to lower prescription drug prices, which would have ended the practice of drugmakers giving rebates to insurance middlemen in government programs, like Medicare. Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar, who backed the plan, clashed with senior White House advisers, who had sought to delay or water down the proposal. Separately, a federal judge threw out a rule earlier this week that would have required pharmaceutical companies to list the price of their drugs in TV advertisements. (Axios / CNN / New York Times/ Washington Post / Wall Street Journal)

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Not only was that not his idea but Trump objected to it on the grounds that the kid might be a loser.
    Game recognizes game .
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    On some level I wish we had more alternative political views in this thread, seeing as it seems to be mostly progressive/liberals here from what I can tell. But that's mostly just because I like to see equal representation. In reality, I don't think that can work in this current environment.
    I'm not really a liberal. I'm more independent to be honest. I have conservative and liberal views. Though right now to me Trump is not a true conservative, not at all. I actually did give some of my input about cultural appropriation a while back in this thread. (I think it's okay to wear a different type of culture outfit since it's just an outfit.)

I'm also against affirmative action, I think it's silly to require certain number of minorities to be in a working place, instead of actually knowing the person is qualified. For me, personally, being a transgender female minority, to be it would seem like a complete insult to me that I only got the job because they needed to have a trans person to be more diverse. I also think people are too sensitive at times from both sides, so I hear more from liberal-leaning people being offended more. Like I'm trans, but I don't care if I get called a tranny, hell I use it on myself all the time. I even like offensive jokes, even of my own kind. (I use the term sjw sometimes too, but to specific sorts of people.)

On the other hand, I do seem to agree more with liberals, hence why I will ultimately vote for them this coming election, and in their primary. (Have to register as Democrat to vote in the primary which is annoying, but I can change it later after it's over.) I want universal healthcare, better mental health, non-discrimination policies for LGBT+ folks, affordable to free college, a living wage, and open borders. So, I'm a mix of things xD

Also, I hate how Trump is doing poorly with the detention centers by the border... hearing some of those stories... is disturbing, just come on.... treat people humanely no matter who they are. I only first heard of this like a few months ago. It's just terrible :/

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post

4/ Trump's golf club will host a tournament put on by a Miami-area strip club, allowing golfers to pay for a dancer to serve as their "caddy girl" while they play golf. The Trump Organization confirmed the event and said it was for a "worthwhile cause" — a Miami children's charity. Trump still owns Doral and the Trump name and family crest were featured prominently in the strip club's advertising. Participation in the event ranges from $450 for a single player to $1,800 for a group of four with VIP upgrades available. (Washington Post / CNN)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...01d_story.html
    I don't see this as a bad thing at all. I don't like Trump, but at least it is a children's charity which is a good thing. Yeah, and as a woman, I have no problem with a "caddy girl", as they are getting paid, etc. I mean some people do like to be sexy like in strip clubs for example. Anyways..... just my viewpoint on it all.

6/ The Trump Organization cancelled a planned event with a Miami-area strip club at Trump's Doral golf resort, because the charity associated with the event dropped out after seeing the press coverage that golfers could pay for a dancer to serve as their "caddy girl" while they played golf. "Now that the charity has removed its affiliation," a Trump Organization spokesperson said, "the event will no longer be taking place at our property and all amounts paid will be refunded." (Washington Post)
    Oh, just saw this..... I think people took that too seriously, oh well. *goes back into hiding*
    Last edited by Stranger; July 11th, 2019 at 08:59 PM.

Signature:
    Artist - Unknown; Character - Unknown; Series - Unknown
    Avatar: Artist - Unknown; Character - Unknown; Series - Unknown

It's worth noting that quotas and affirmative action are two very different things. Affirmative action doesn't mean you're required to have a certain number of X minority in your group/company/organization, it means that you're attempting to give additional opportunities to those minorities that have been historically disadvantaged. If you don't have an ancestor that was discriminated against, and whose struggles have echoed into your own social/economic status today, affirmative action probably wouldn't apply to you.

If you want a better explanation of the difference, Hasan Minhaj has a good video on it:

Spoiler:

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    It's worth noting that quotas and affirmative action are two very different things. Affirmative action doesn't mean you're required to have a certain number of X minority in your group/company/organization, it means that you're attempting to give additional opportunities to those minorities that have been historically disadvantaged. If you don't have an ancestor that was discriminated against, and whose struggles have echoed into your own social/economic status today, affirmative action probably wouldn't apply to you.

If you want a better explanation of the difference, Hasan Minhaj has a good video on it:

Spoiler:
    Here's my take on it, after reading what you said and watching the video. I'm still against affirmative action because I don't think that's the best way to fight racism. I'm currently going to college, I failed twice in the past, and I'm finally get a 4.0.... I think schools should not give special opportunities to ones that didn't work as hard. I'm working hard as fuck because I want to get a scholarship to study abroad. I am in poverty though, which doesn't matter. Though I also think college should be more affordable to be honest, but that's a different concept.

Now, what I think should be done instead is actually help fund schools in say poor black communities for example. Or fund poorer communities of any kind so everyone gets the same equal route to their top goal in life. I know it's not the same, but I feel like this is a better route to face prejudice against individuals.

Plus having a discrimination policy to stop the people that don't hire someone because they had a black sounding name as an example. Also, I think race and gender should be excluded from applications of any kind, and only focus on their personality and their achievements. Also... the video talked about uncles coming to America with nothing, and then becoming better over time, one my uncles actually came to this country with barely nothing and worked his way up ^^;;; To me that's like motivation, despite me not really talking to him because he's not a good person for different reasons.

That's just my take on it. Thank you for sharing me your viewpoint, helps me understand the situation a little better now, even if I still disagree with the concept. I'm also not trying to offend anyone, just my take on it, but it was nice to learn more what the other side wants to do. In conclusion, I just think there are better ways to battle prejudice, have a even stronger change and I just want equality for all.

Though that's not gonna happen till Democrats seize Congress and the presidency. I also hope the Republican party can change and be you know actually conservative, and not anti-liberals. Same with the Democrat party who are a bit hypocritical sometimes. I learned about this, with a video I watched a long time ago, that I posted here on my older account.

Signature:

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    On some level I wish we had more alternative political views in this thread, seeing as it seems to be mostly progressive/liberals here from what I can tell. But that's mostly just because I like to see equal representation. In reality, I don't think that can work in this current environment.
    There's room for alternative views.

Just in the current administration most people on the other side are really, really hard pressed to actually defend what the Republicans are doing right now if you get even a tiny bit into the actual details. I know there were several republicans here before that have dropped the party and aren't anymore.

We do get neutrals and third party sorts from time to time.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

By the way, thanks for always posted the current news about what's going on, to be honest, the forums here are my only source of political stuff, besides the occasional checking of allsides and watching John Oliver. I have been trying to read and actually knowing the current events that you post, which I started doing recently sorta of. Regardless, I just want to say thank you for taking to the time to organize all that, that's all

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    There's room for alternative views.

Just in the current administration most people on the other side are really, really hard pressed to actually defend what the Republicans are doing right now if you get even a tiny bit into the actual details. I know there were several republicans here before that have dropped the party and aren't anymore.

We do get neutrals and third party sorts from time to time.
    The Republican party is..... just not even conservative anymore in my opinion, especially Trump and his administration. To me most current Republicans are anti-liberal.

I don't know what I consider myself, I guess independent but leaning left xD So, yeah

Also, thank you for telling me about the detention camps along the border, that opened my eyes a bit to what Trump and his minions are actually doing.

Signature:

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    By the way, thanks for always posted the current news about what's going on, to be honest, the forums here are my only source of political stuff, besides the occasional checking of allsides and watching John Oliver. I have been trying to read and actually knowing the current events that you post, which I started doing recently sorta of. Regardless, I just want to say thank you for taking to the time to organize all that, that's all
    You're welcome. If it helps, the site I get all this from is https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/ and they update nearly every weekday, barring holidays.

https://currentstatus.io/ is also good, as it's what What the Fuck Just Happened Today uses to gather their stories in one place.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Meanwhile:

Trump's Labor Secretary Acosta resigns amid Epstein case

https://reut.rs/2jCFMA8

Mueller testimony delayed by one week
    Lawmakers say one reason for the delay was ongoing negotiations about how long they would have to question the former special counsel.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...e-week-1412004

Trump tells confidants he's eager to remove Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats – His discussions on the topic have been occurring for months.

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-r...d0606ce32.html

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.

Because voting against a measure condemning white nationalists wasn't telling enough.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tenne...ushpmg00000067

Sherman didn't go far enough.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Sherman didn't go far enough.
    He went far enough, he just didn't go *wide* enough.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2019/07/12/day-904/

Day 904: Not a good one

1/ At least 18 babies under the age of two – "including nine infants under the age of one" – were separated from their parents at the border and "kept apart for 20 days to half a year," according to a report by the House Oversight Committee. The report provides new information about at least 2,648 children who were separated from their parents. Some were kept at Border Patrol facilities longer than the 72-hour limit and many were shuffled around to multiple government facilities. In some cases, parents were not sent to federal criminal custody as intended under the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" border policy, while others were taken into custody at first "and then returned within a day or two likely because prosecutors declined to prosecute their cases or because they were sentenced to time served for the misdemeanor of illegal entry." (CNN)
    • Border Patrol agents at the U.S.-Mexico border are circulating unofficial commemorative coins mocking the task of caring for migrant children. On the front, the coin declares "KEEP THE CARAVANS COMING." The coin's reverse side features the Border Patrol logo and three illustrations: a Border Patrol agent bottle-feeding an infant; an agent fingerprinting a teen boy; and a U.S. Border Patrol van. The text reads: "FEEDING ** PROCESSING ** HOSPITAL ** TRANSPORT." (ProPublica)
    2/ Robert Mueller's Capitol Hill testimony will be delayed one week under a tentative arrangement with the House Judiciary and Intelligence committees. Mueller's testimony was postponed to give lawmakers more time to question him about his investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and possible obstruction of justice by Trump. Mueller was initially scheduled to appear on July 17 before both the House Judiciary and Intelligence Committees in back-to-back sessions where 22 members from each committee would get to question the special counsel. Members of the Judiciary Committee, however, were concerned that two hours would be insufficient time to discuss the 10 areas of potential obstruction of justice by Trump identified in the Mueller report. (Politico / CNN / Washington Post)
    3/ Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta will resign amid controversy about a plea deal he brokered for sex offender Jeffrey Epstein while serving as a U.S. attorney in Florida more than a decade ago. Trump called Acosta "a great Labor secretary not a good one" and "a tremendous talent." Epstein was arrested over the weekend and charged in the Southern District of New York with sex trafficking dozens of girls. (New York Times / NBC News / Politico / CNBC)
    4/ California lawmakers passed legislation mandating all presidential and state gubernatorial candidates release their tax information in order to appear on the state's ballot. The bill passed with a 57-17 vote, and requires candidates to share their income tax returns from the last five taxable years with the California state government. The legislation also includes an "urgency clause," which allows it to take effect immediately and will force the candidates currently running for president in 2020, including Trump, to comply with the law. (ABC 7 News / The Hill)
    5/ Trump told confidants he wants to remove Dan Coats as director of national intelligence. Trump has also been floating potential replacements since at least February. (Axios)
    6/ The U.S. has gone seven months without a permanent defense chief – the longest stretch in Pentagon history. There is also no confirmed deputy secretary of defense, and several other significant civilian and military positions at the Pentagon remain in limbo — more than at any other time in recent history. (Associated Press)
    7/ The House voted 251-170 to restrain Trump's ability to strike Iran without first getting Congress's approval. Last month, Trump said he believed he did not need congressional approval to strike Iran and was reportedly on the brink of a retaliatory missile strike before abruptly reversing course minutes before launch. Republican leaders in the House and Senate have argued that the language would send a bad message to Tehran and would complicate Trump's ability to manage tensions. (New York Times / Washington Post)
    8/ Trump attacked Paul Ryan in response to criticism from the former House speaker. On Thursday, Trump claimed that Ryan "was not a talent," "wasn't a leader," and was a "lame duck for a long time as Speaker." Trump's comments follow the release of excerpts from a new book in which Ryan said Trump "didn't know anything about government" and that "We've gotten so numbed by it all. Not in government, but where we live our lives, we have a responsibility to try and rebuild. Don't call a woman a 'horse face.' Don't cheat on your wife. Don't cheat on anything. Be a good person. Set a good example." Trump continued the attack on Friday, saying that "The only success Paul Ryan had was the time that he was with me. He was a baby. He didn't know what the hell he was doing." (Politico / NBC News / Axios)

Waldorf:

The 2020 election will be interesting for me. I actually like Tulsi Gabbard and Andrew Yang. Yang has an interesting approach while Tulsi has calmness, sharpness and charisma. But unfortunately, they wont come far as it seems. But a race between them and Trump would be nice.
    I think that Trump won because Hillary was a bad candidate. Trump was just the lesser bad i guess. Maybe also because of the media saying that Trump wont become President. So many thought that they dont need to vote. But that works both ways. Maybe Trump supporters had the same thought. So they counter each other out.
    But 2020 is different. People now know that Trump is hard to beat. Especially because he is more popular now and his approval rating is only rising. So, we have a powerful Trump whom is no longer underestimated. Meaning, more people will vote. We saw that in the midterm election already.
    I dislike the democrats approach to try the win the election by linking Trump to crimes, smearing his name, making false accusations, declaring him a racist 24/7, letting none citizen vote, threatening/harassing his administration and old acquaintances, one sided/unfair/false media coverage and probably some more.
    Im a fair guy, so i dont approve that at all. Maybe thats why i like Andrew and Tulsi. They seem like decent, free from hate, people whom i can identify with.
    I wish that Trump will win 2020. I think he makes a fantastic job. Tries his best to fulfil his promises. Whenever there is an obstacle, he figures out a way around it. He earned my respect for standing strong and not giving up even though there are vicious and vile people on his behind plus a special counsel investigation he has to endure and a useless congress he has to work with.
    So, even though he has so many obstacles, he is still there. Until 2024? We will see.
    Last edited by Takto; July 13th, 2019 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Takto View Post
    I dislike the democrats approach to try the win the election by linking Trump to crimes, smearing his name, making false accusations, declaring him a racist 24/7, letting none citizen vote, threatening/harassing his administration and old acquaintances, one sided/unfair/false media coverage and probably some more
    Trump links himself to crimes and smears his own name every bloody day (ish). I don't like to watch cruelty, when when it's the cruel ones at the end of it. But Trump doesn't deserve good coverage. Occasionally he does a good thing? For every good thing he does a thousand bad ones.

Im a fair guy, so i dont approve that at all. Maybe thats why i like Andrew and Tulsi. They seem like decent, free from hate, people whom i can identify with
    Right. Andrew and Tulsi are exactly like Trump, decent, free from hate. Exactly the same ...

Whenever there is an obstacle, he figures out a way around it.
    Driving straight into a crowd of people, rather than taking the long way round, is not figuring it out.

But 2020 is different. People now know that Trump is hard to beat.
    Eh he's hard to beat in the sense that Republicans gerrymandering,suppression tactics,interference bullshit all combined will narrow things enough to "maybe" hand him the win pretty much like it did in 2016 election. But not in same sense as Republicans desperately trying to find someone to beat Obama in 2012 and having to settle on Mitt Romney of all people.

Especially because he is more popular now and his approval rating is only rising.
    He's popular among his base and his approval is high among his base (made all the more ironic by many of his supporters fleeing his side). Meanwhile his disapproval ratings are laughably high and depending on what happens within the next 15 months dude's approval number's may very well drop.

So, we have a powerful Trump whom is no longer underestimated.

Kim Jong Un half of Europe's leaders among others beg to disagree.

I dislike the democrats approach to try the win the election by linking Trump to crimes,
    Except he has broken & undermined various laws something he's done even before he was elected.

smearing his name
    The same guy who makes up childish nicknames for people who criticize, disagree, or question him isn't supposed to be shat on for saying and doing stupid shit? shit his own inner circle have tried and failed to stop him from doing?

making false accusations,
    While I won't get into minutiae of this idiocy lets remember for parity's sake Trump's own false accusations.

- Accused Obama of illegally wiretapping his office.
    - Accused Iran of violating the spirit of the Nuclear Deal.
    - Insisted he would lose the election because of people going out their way to rig it against him.
    - Accused Puerto Rico of misappropriating disaster relief funds (most of which they never got).
    - Infamously accused undocumented immigrants of being criminals (which isn't even an original thing).
    - Has accused democrats of wanted to flood our country with violent immigrants.
    - Has bought into the (repeatedly debunked) claim that Hillary gave uranium to the Russian's when she was SoS.
    - Made the claim that he Muslims celebrating the collapse of the Twin Towers.
    - Accused Ted Cruz's father of being involved in the JFK Assassination.
    - Has accused Hilary Clinton's campaign of collusion with Russia (the very thing for which member's of Trump's own campaign were investigated and tried for).

That's just off the top of my head and no that's not even a quarter of the dumb shit he's said or bought into over the last few years. But yeah democrats are making the worst of the false accusations not the guy who lies so much it might as well be a new language.

declaring him a racist 24/7,
    Do we really need to go over this for 1000th time and watch as the telling evidence gets blatantly ignored?

Dude may not be an out and about racist like Tennessee's dumbass governor but dude care's so little about minorities (ironically including the undocumented ones who work at his businesses) that there's a pretty telltale reason for why his approval among minority groups is low.

Let's not even talk about his half subtle half open disdain for gays and trans people or are you going to pretend he doesn't have problem with those people too?

letting none citizen vote,
    Yeah Democrats don't do this nor support this methinks you should stop eating up what you've been reading on right leaning blogs and news sites.

threatening/harassing his administration and old acquaintances,

Issuing subpoena's to current and former administration officials and old acceptances isn't harassment especially when these people have pertinent information relating to certain things that are of importance such as the aforementioned investigation into Russian's Interference in the 2016's election.

Should I also point out that Trump has advised some of these people to disregard these subopena's which is you know not helping dude look any less guilty of the various things he's accused of.

one sided/unfair/false media coverage
    Oh so you hate Fox News and Sinclair media for the one sided, unfair, and patently false media coverage?

Im a fair guy

You're also unfortunately a pretty ignorant guy.

Maybe thats why i like Andrew and Tulsi. They seem like decent, free from hate, people whom i can identify with.
    I wish that Trump will win 2020.
    You like Tulsi Gabbard and Andrew Yang yet want Trump to win reelection?

Makes sense.

I think he makes a fantastic job.
    At what lying, dividing the country, pissing off our allies, making bad things worse, perfectly illustrating the fallacy in using the electorate college to decide the presidency?

Tries his best to fulfil his promises.
    Hahahahaahahaha no he doesn't

- Still hasn't repealed Obamacare and replaced it with something better as he claimed.
    - Still hasn't built his border wall and got Mexico to pay for it.
    - Still hasn't been able to get the Israeli's and Palestinians to quash their beef (and never will thanks to his vanity and stupidity).
    - Has yet to call the Chinese Government Currency Manipulators to their face.
    - Has yet to release his tax returns (which can't still be under audit after all this time and even if they were still wouldn't stop him from releasing them as he claimed).
    - Has not gotten the North Koreans to give up their nukes,

Whenever there is an obstacle, he figures out a way around it.
    Pushing round pegs into square holes, pouring gasoline onto a fire, closing your eyes and pretending the monster will go away etc isn't effective problem solving.

He earned my respect for standing strong and not giving up
    Oh?

Just like he didn't give up on that census question or some of the other things I mentioned previously?

even though there are vicious and vile people on his behind
    Vile and vicious who likes and pals around with vile and vicious indiviuals, supported by vile and vicious people is getting bullied by vile and vicious people?

So what you're saying is Trump's own inner circle and supporters hate him?

a useless congress he has to work with.

Congress was useless (at doing anything beneficial) up until the 2018 midterms handed the House back to democrats.

So, even though he has so many obstacles, he is still there. Until 2024? We will see.
    Crawl back under your bridge and shave the beard while you're at it.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; July 13th, 2019 at 02:42 AM.

To be fair, Trump actually has been trying to keep his campaign promises. It's one of the reasons he was so fixated on The Wall (tm).

The fact his tactics backfired by him bringing the blame for this year's shutdown on himself and ultimately taking an amount of money that was less than he was offered in a previous compromise just highlights how incompetent he is at keeping those promises, but it's really not for lack of trying.

Now that I've been fair, however, I want to reiterate that Donald Trump is a buffoon that proves on a weekly, if not daily, basis that he has no business in the Oval Office. If he is allowed a second term of office as President of the United States of America, then we, as a nation, deserve whatever happens to us as a result.
    Last edited by sgamer82; July 13th, 2019 at 07:07 AM.

Waldorf:

The 2020 election will be interesting for me. I actually like Tulsi Gabbard and Andrew Yang. Yang has an interesting approach while Tulsi has calmness, sharpness and charisma. But unfortunately, they wont come far as it seems. But a race between them and Trump would be nice.
    I think that Trump won because Hillary was a bad candidate. Trump was just the lesser bad i guess. Maybe also because of the media saying that Trump wont become President. So many thought that they dont need to vote. But that works both ways. Maybe Trump supporters had the same thought. So they counter each other out.
    But 2020 is different. People now know that Trump is hard to beat. Especially because he is more popular now and his approval rating is only rising. So, we have a powerful Trump whom is no longer underestimated. Meaning, more people will vote. We saw that in the midterm election already.
    I dislike the democrats approach to try the win the election by linking Trump to crimes, smearing his name, making false accusations, declaring him a racist 24/7, letting none citizen vote, threatening/harassing his administration and old acquaintances, one sided/unfair/false media coverage and probably some more.
    Im a fair guy, so i dont approve that at all. Maybe thats why i like Andrew and Tulsi. They seem like decent, free from hate, people whom i can identify with.
    I wish that Trump will win 2020. I think he makes a fantastic job. Tries his best to fulfil his promises. Whenever there is an obstacle, he figures out a way around it. He earned my respect for standing strong and not giving up even though there are vicious and vile people on his behind plus a special counsel investigation he has to endure and a useless congress he has to work with.
    This stuff is bad when there is a lack of evidence, but with evidence, I think it's important for media outlets to show it. Think President Nixon or Warren G. Harding. What I don't like are false accusations based on no evidence and fearmongering, like what Obama had to endure from people like Donald Trump in regards to his birth location.

Slim Shady is my lady Medical Orbit's Avatar
    Riding on a dolphin, doing flips and shit

Something I was thinking about yesterday is that I don't really know much about what Vice Presidents do.

What I remember from a government class in high school is that some Presidents actively involve the Vice President more than others, and some Vice Presidents hated the job and said they didn't do anything.

I guess the main thing I'm wondering about is if the checks and balances system applies to the Vice President vs the President in any way, like it does in the three branches of government. As in does the Vice President have any powers that the President doesn't have? And are Vice Presidents able to propose, pass, or veto bills?

I never really hear anything about Vice Presidents doing anything, and the only ones I know by name are the most recent three. Dick Cheney, Joe Biden, and Mike Pence. And I think Lyndon Johnson was a Vice President before he was a President but I'm not 100% sure. I remember there was a President who served for only a few months (can't remember if he resigned or died in office), and then the Vice President became President because of that, and I think that was Johnson but I could be remembering wrong.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information