+ Reply to Thread
Page 855 of 950 FirstFirst ... 355 755 805 845 853 854 855 856 857 865 905 ... LastLast
Results 17,081 to 17,100 of 18989

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

  1. #17081

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    What's wrong with Joe Biden?
    https://www.vox.com/2019/1/10/181731...y-clinton-2020
    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...t-in-2020.html

    This doesn't even get into how he praises legitimitate subhuman scum like Mike Pence and then gets mad at "extreme leftists" or whatever for not even being able to say what good people subhuman scum like Mike Pence is.

  2. #17082

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    I will concede that your point is valid. But have you considered the fact that Joe Biden is not Donald Trump?


  3. #17083
    Loli Lover Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    United States (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    This article explains a bit of how past stuff will surface again. I think it's kinda sad that people focus on the negative stuff that the man did, than the positive stuff. Though it be nice to have a non-baby boomer in office.

    Biden carries himself with the confidence of a winner, despite not having won, or even come close to winning, either of the previous presidential primaries he’s entered.
    That's interesting he thinks like that. Though it's good that he's confident? But then again is he a sore loser if he lost?

    Oh..... this article points out a bit of how Biden helped make laws for the "war on drugs." I think all drugs should be made legal and taken as a social issue to help those in need, like what happened in Portugal, where drug percentage rates went down. Then again, is there any politician that is against the "war on drugs"?

    I like how the article pointed out the good things he done. He shows he changed over time, which is a good thing in my book. If you can say you are wrong, and change your toxic views, that is a pretty strong act right there.

    Thank you for sharing this articles, it helps me see why people don't like him because of past deeds. Though hearing him doing stuff to women.... put shivers up my spine, he should at least apologize for his actions, but he didn't, which is kind of stupid.

    This doesn't even get into how he praises legitimitate subhuman scum like Mike Pence and then gets mad at "extreme leftists" or whatever for not even being able to say what good people subhuman scum like Mike Pence is.
    Oh, interesting. What specific part of Mike Pence does he praise him for?

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by RedGreenBlue View Post
    I will concede that your point is valid. But have you considered the fact that Joe Biden is not Donald Trump?
    That is true... though there is a long list of Democrats running for president, so we will see what happens.

    Signature:
    Artist - ほし; Character - Red Riding Hood; Original Artwork
    Avatar: Artist - Unknown; Character - Unknown; Series - Unknown

  4. #17084
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Middleton, ID

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Yeah, Biden isn't really topping a lot of lists for ideal candidate (I think Elizabeth Warren has that covered by being one of the candidates with actual policy behind her). However, and while acknowledging that this is not in any way a high bar to clear, Biden at his worst would still be an improvement over Trump.

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  5. #17085
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Almost anybody at this rate would be an improvement over Trump.

  6. #17086

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    What the hell?


  7. #17087

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Is Ocasio-Cortez already such as threat that Fox needs to belittle her like this?

    Also: 'Wow, she's dumb. I don't even understand what she just said.'
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:


  8. #17088

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    They've been doing this dumb shit for months to the extent that's it's causing her unpopularity to rise among their viewership........made all the more bizarre when they have Shep Smith and Chris Wallace pouring water on trump or his sycophants which typically doesn't go over well with their dumbass viewer base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  9. #17089

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/mueller-statement-russia-investigation-may-29-2019/index.html

    I'm really getting tired of this. How does "we are constitutionally required to not issue an indictment" turn into "formally cleared of all charges"? It's a legal loophole. I'd actually even be okay with Mueller sitting on this until Trump is out of office (hopefully 2020 >_>) and then issuing the indictment when his hands are no longer tied with it.

    But I don't see that happening.

  10. #17090

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    I've been done with AOC for a long while, just because one issue. Take a wild guess witch one.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  11. #17091
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Middleton, ID

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    I've been done with AOC for a long while, just because one issue. Take a wild guess witch one.
    I don't know enough about AOC or you to even try.

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  12. #17092

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Something about Venezuela and Maduro?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  13. #17093

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    AOC is opposed to a disastrous war of regime change so therefore she's a commie ally of Maduro.

  14. #17094

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    GvR wins.

    She and Omar/Oman have been tweeting either pro maduro or anti intervention, without taking in consideration the current and past abuses, and the current and past failures on negotiation.

    I get to say that they are just as hypocrite as the orange buffon. Whenever they use the words "tyrany", "oppresion" or "human rights", remember the asterisk of "not if they are leftist".

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    It wasn't just about military intervention. It was also about the sanctions, that until recently were focused on persons of interest, even though the economy has been in free fall for over 6 years.

    Current news cycle is that there is money for a new kind of assault riffle, made in russia (or belarus), but not for the healthcare, that contrasting to the one in the US is supposed to be handled by the goverment, and our private options have been completely destroyed by goverment controls, that date to around 2003.

    At the current speed of things we'll get to the point where the military intervention would have been the lesser evil in about two years.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  15. #17095

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    AOC is opposed to a disastrous war of regime change so therefore she's a commie ally of Maduro.
    We still need to do Iran first (still) then we'll maybe perhaps give Venezuela some consideration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  16. #17096
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Middleton, ID

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday...05/29/day-860/

    Day 860: Not an option
    1/ Robert Mueller declined to clear Trump of obstruction of justice and suggested that only Congress can "formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing" in his first public remarks about his two-year-long investigation of Russia's interference in the 2016 presidential election. The special counsel noted that "charging the president with a crime was […] not an option we could consider," because Justice Department policy prohibits the indictment of a sitting president. Mueller emphasized that if his office "had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so." Mueller concluded his remarks by reiterating his report's conclusion that "There were multiple, systematic efforts to interfere in our election. And that allegation deserves the attention of every American." (Washington Post / New York Times / ABC News / Associated Press / CNN / Wall Street Journal / Bloomberg / NPR)

    https://www.npr.org/2019/05/29/72784...-investigation

    Read the transcript of Mueller's statement. (NPR / Politico)

    https://www.npr.org/2019/05/29/72788...m_term=nprnews

    What the Mueller report actually said: "The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion," Mueller wrote. This help "favored presidential candidate Donald J. Trump and disparaged presidential candidate Hillary Clinton." The Trump campaign "expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts," and it "welcomed" this help. Today, Mueller said "We chose those words carefully, and the work speaks for itself." (The Atlantic)

    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ueller/590467/

    Day 819: Attorney General William Barr repeatedly insisted that Robert Mueller "found no evidence" that the Trump campaign conspired with Russia to interfere in the 2016 presidential election and that Russian efforts to interfere "did not have the cooperation of President Trump or the Trump campaign." Barr also claimed Mueller's report did not find "collusion" between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. Further, Barr said that even if the Trump campaign had colluded with WikiLeaks, that was not a crime. Mueller identified "numerous" Trump campaign-Russia contacts, but the report says there was "insufficient evidence" to establish a criminal conspiracy between Trump or his campaign aides and their contacts with Russians. The report outlines how Trump was elected with Russia's help and when a federal inquiry was started to investigate the effort, Trump took multiple steps to stop or undermine it. Barr said Mueller examined 10 "episodes" where Trump may have obstructed justice, but that he and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein "disagreed with some of the special counsel's legal theories and felt that some of the episodes did not amount to obstruction." According to Barr, Trump acted out of "noncorrupt motives" because he was frustrated by Mueller's investigation, as well as media coverage that he felt was hurting his administration. (Washington Post / New York Times / Politico / NBC News / CNN / The Guardian / Bloomberg)

    https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/18/polit...ase/index.html

    Day 837: More than 370 former federal prosecutors asserted that Trump would have been charged with obstruction of justice if he was not president. Robert Mueller declined to exonerate Trump in his report, citing a Justice Department legal opinion that a sitting president cannot be indicted. The former career government employees who worked in Republican and Democratic administrations signed on to a statement saying, "Each of us believes that the conduct of President Trump described in Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report would, in the case of any other person not covered by the Office of Legal Counsel policy against indicting a sitting President, result in multiple felony charges for obstruction of justice." (Washington Post)

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...27a_story.html

    2/ Trump responded to Mueller's statement: "The case is closed!" Trump's tweet that "nothing changes from the Mueller Report" came minutes after Mueller reiterated his position that "if we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so." Sarah Huckabee Sanders added that despite longstanding Justice Department policy barring the prosecution of a sitting president for a federal crime, Mueller's "report was clear — there was no collusion, no conspiracy — and the Department of Justice confirmed there was no obstruction." She added that the administration was "prepared" for an impeachment fight. (CNBC)

    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/29/trum...is-closed.html

    3/ At least 10 Democratic presidential candidates have now endorsed impeachment proceedings against Trump following Mueller's news conference. Cory Booker, Pete Buttigieg, Kirsten Gillibrand, Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, Seth Moulton, Eric Swalwell, Julián Castro, Beto O’Rourke, and Wayne Messam all support impeachment proceedings. Speaker Nancy Pelosi, however, held firm on her belief that impeaching Trump isn't a worthwhile effort without uncovering new evidence "to make such a compelling case, such an ironclad case, that even the Republican Senate — which at the time seems to be not an objective jury — will be convinced of the path that we have to take as a country." (Politico / Washington Post / New York Times)

    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...chment-1346513

    Mueller's message to Pelosi is that it is the constitutional duty of Congress to begin an investigation and consider impeaching Trump. Mueller's statement today underscored the special counsel's office "was bound" by department policy not to indict the president—or even accuse him. (Slate)

    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...oceedings.html

    4/ Mueller resigned from the Department of Justice to "return to private life" and is "formally closing the special counsel's office" now that the "investigation is complete." He said he hoped this would be his last public comment on the subject and suggested that if he were compelled to testify before Congress, he would not speak "beyond what is already public" in his 448-page report because "the report is my testimony." Mueller added: "I am making that decision myself. Nobody has told me whether I can or should testify or speak further about this matter." (Politico / Daily Beast / NPR / NBC News / CNBC)

    https://www.npr.org/2019/05/29/58272...russia-inquiry

    Andrew Miller will testify Friday before Mueller's grand jury. The former aide to Roger Stone agreed to testify after fighting a subpoena for 10 months. He faced jail time for contempt if he continued to refuse to testify. (Washington Post / ABC News)

    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...-jury-63349732

    The Justice Department agreed to make Mueller investigation-related court activity public. While unsealing the records will not reveal the details of the filings, but instead provide an overview of how, when and for what Mueller was going to the federal court to gather evidence. (CNN)

    https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/28/polit...lic/index.html

    Notables
    Mitch McConnell would try to fill an opening on the Supreme Court if there were a vacancy next year. In contrast, McConnell refused to confirm Obama's nominee, Merrick Garland, after the death of Antonin Scalia during the lead-up to the 2016 presidential election. McConnell claimed that voters had a right to decide whether a Democrat or Republican should fill the open seat on the Court. When asked what his position would be when it came to filling a potentially vacant seat next year, however, McConnell smiled and said: "Oh, we'd fill it." (Washington Post / CNN / New York Times / Politico / NPR / NBC News)

    https://www.npr.org/2019/05/29/72784...sal-of-2016-st

    U.S. intelligence said Russia is secretly conducting low-yield nuclear tests to upgrade its nuclear arsenal and has failed to observe its commitments to the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty. (Wall Street Journal)

    https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-say...ty-11559135102

    The Pentagon hasn't held an on-camera press briefing with any department spokesperson in a year. "We're talking about some sort of strike on another country and nobody knows why," said one Pentagon reporter. A spokesperson for the Defense Department pushed back against the claim, saying, "It depends what your definition of a briefing is." (Politico)

    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...g-iran-1346093

    The director of the HHS refugee office will leave the Trump administration next week. Scott Lloyd ran the refugee office for most of 2017 and 2018 as HHS was taking custody of thousands of migrant children separated from their families. (Politico)

    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...es-hhs-1346421

    The vast majority of money from Trump's bailout for farmers will likely to go to the largest farms – not the small mom-and-pop farms. Farms with annual revenues of several million dollars are likely to see the most bailout money, which are already major beneficiaries of federal crop support programs. Findings from the Environmental Working Group suggest that "the biggest payments will go to the wealthiest farmers, who need them the least." (Los Angeles Times)

    https://www.latimes.com/business/hil...528-story.html

    Trump's tax cuts have had "a relatively small (if any) first-year effect on the economy" and they are failing to pay for themselves, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service. Despite claims that the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act would add "rocket fuel" to the U.S. economy, the CRS found the law was mostly beneficial to investors. Wages are only growing at 2 percent, companies are seeing a bigger increase in earnings than employees, and "ordinary workers had very little growth in wage rates." (The Independent / Washington Post / Congressional Research Service)

    https://www.everycrsreport.com/files...26d75d35f4.pdf

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  17. #17097

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    Trump's tax cuts have had "a relatively small (if any) first-year effect on the economy" and they are failing to pay for themselves, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service. Despite claims that the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act would add "rocket fuel" to the U.S. economy, the CRS found the law was mostly beneficial to investors. Wages are only growing at 2 percent, companies are seeing a bigger increase in earnings than employees, and "ordinary workers had very little growth in wage rates." (The Independent / Washington Post / Congressional Research Service)
    More reruns than ABC

    Didn't work in 81
    Didn't work in 86
    Didn't work in 01
    MOST definitely did not work for Kansas in 2012.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  18. #17098

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    The tax cut is beneficial to investors because of companies buying up their own stock at inflated prices; it's only a matter of time until a bunch of companies see their values collapse because they've been hiding declining revenue with these buybacks.
    Complicating things since 2009.

  19. #17099

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Should also have been a "matter of time" for people to realize the economics of the Obama admin are what have lead to the economy we have now.

    Should also have been a "matter of time" for people to realize the government bailing out industries they encourage corruption in by rewarding fucking CEO's gambling with consumer's money is bad.


    I'm not counting on any SIGNIFICANT change to happen as a result of these people being hurt in hindsight.

    Why?

    Because there will always be the Bush's and Trump's of the world to bail out those that gamble with others money. There will always be the people in these companies that are fine screwing over investors, consumers, and anyone else as long as they can get a short term gain out of it. I'm not banking on any of the people "benefiting" from the Trump Tax cuts coming out against it other than "I got screwed, please help even though I was advocating for this and gleefully thanked my POTUS for it until it didn't work to my specific advantage."
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

  20. #17100
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Middleton, ID

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    GOP Redistricting Strategist Played Role In Push For Census Citizenship Question

    https://www.npr.org/2019/05/30/72823...nship-question

    A major Republican redistricting strategist played a role in the Trump administration's push to get a citizenship question on forms for the 2020 census.

    Thomas Hofeller, who died last August, concluded in a 2015 report that adding the question would produce the data needed to redraw political maps that would be "advantageous to Republicans and Non-Hispanic Whites," according to a court filing released Thursday.

    Plaintiffs in one of the New York-based lawsuits over the question say that Hofeller later ghostwrote an early draft of the administration's request for the question and helped form a reason for adding the question to forms for the national head count.

    The Trump administration has maintained it wants census responses to the question — "Is this person a citizen of the United States?" — to better enforce Voting Rights Act protections for racial and language minorities.

    But Hofeller's documents uncovered through a separate lawsuit suggest administration officials were aware that including the question "would not benefit Latino voters, but rather would facilitate significantly reducing their political power," argue attorneys with the law firm Arnold & Porter, the ACLU and the New York Civil Liberties Union in a letter to U.S. District Judge Jesse Furman.

    The revelations come weeks before the Supreme Court is expected to issue a major ruling on whether the Trump administration can add the citizenship question to the 2020 census. A total of seven lawsuits have been filed around the country against the administration's plans for the question, which are currently blocked by orders from three federal judges at lower courts.

    If the question is included on the census, Census Bureau research shows it is highly likely to scare households with noncitizens, especially within the Latinx and immigrant communities, from taking part in the constitutionally mandated head count of every person living in the U.S.
    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday...05/30/day-861/

    Day 861: Essentially
    1/ Trump tweeted that Russia helped "me to get elected" – his first acknowledgement that Russia worked to get him elected in 2016. Trump later retracted the statement, telling reporters that, "No, Russia did not help me get elected. […] I got me elected." Trump has previously denied that Russia interfered in the election, rejecting the conclusions by American intelligence agencies and federal prosecutors that Russia worked to help him defeat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election campaign. (New York Times / Washington Post / Associated Press / The Guardian / CNN)

    https://apnews.com/2c973fabb59446cf852edda6ffa7174a

    Day 819: The Trump campaign "expected it would benefit" from information released by Russia, but "the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities." The report continues: "The investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome." Putin's "preference was for candidate Trump to win."

    https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday...findings-so-fa

    2/ Trump attacked Robert Mueller, characterizing him as "totally conflicted" and "true never-Trumper," suggesting that if the former special counsel had any evidence, he would have brought charges. Trump insisted that Mueller's comments yesterday "essentially" said "'You're innocent.' There was no crime, there was no charge because he had no information." Trump also referred to a "business dispute" with Mueller, but didn't elaborate. Bill O'Reilly, however, said Trump called him last night to complain that "Mueller didn't like him because he turned him down to be the head of the FBI after he fired Comey" and that Trump once refused to refund his country club membership deposit. "Mueller wanted $15,000 back and Trump said no," O'Reilly said. Mueller denied the incident. Trump went on to baselessly claim that Mueller "loves Comey," and "whether it's love or a deep like, he was conflicted." (ABC News / NBC News / Mediate)

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-time-n1011861

    Day 860: Robert Mueller declined to clear Trump of obstruction of justice and suggested that only Congress can "formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing" in his first public remarks about his two-year-long investigation of Russia's interference in the 2016 presidential election. The special counsel noted that "charging the president with a crime was […] not an option we could consider," because Justice Department policy prohibits the indictment of a sitting president. Mueller emphasized that if his office "had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so." Mueller concluded his remarks by reiterating his report's conclusion that "There were multiple, systematic efforts to interfere in our election. And that allegation deserves the attention of every American." (Washington Post / New York Times / ABC News / Associated Press / CNN / Wall Street Journal / Bloomberg / NPR)

    https://apnews.com/94323cfc164c4759ba6bf84ad2a46203

    3/ Attorney General William Barr thinks Mueller should have reached a decision on whether Trump obstructed justice, despite Justice Department guidelines saying a sitting president cannot be indicted. Barr suggested that Mueller "could've reached a decision as to whether there was criminal activity." Mueller, however, said that because "It would be unfair to potentially accuse somebody of a crime when there can be no court resolution of the actual charge," it was "not an option we could consider." (The Hill)

    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...on-obstruction

    Key U.S. intelligence partners, including the United Kingdom and Australia, are concerned with Barr's politically-charged Justice Department review of how the Russia investigation began. Trump gave Barr the authority to declassify and study the pre-election Obama-era intelligence related to the investigation. Partners are concerned that Barr could potentially reveal intelligence shared with the U.S. and, in the process, damage their other relationships with foreign partners. (CNN)

    https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/30/polit...ion/index.html

    4/ At least 49 Democrats and one Republican support starting an impeachment inquiry against Trump. Democratic leaders also say Mueller's remarks yesterday reiterate the importance of having him testify before Congress. Mueller has indicated that he is reluctant to testify and that he wouldn't say anything beyond what his office wrote in report, calling his report "my testimony." (New York Times / NBC News)

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...quiry-n1011981

    5/ The Trump administration deliberately concealed evidence about the decision to add a citizenship question to the 2020 Census. The origins of the plan were discovered on hard drives in Thomas Hofeller's home, who died last summer. The files show that Hofeller concluded that adding a citizenship question to the 2020 Census "would clearly be a disadvantage to the Democrats" and "advantageous to Republicans and Non-Hispanic Whites" in redistricting. He pushed the idea to the Trump administration in 2017, which then intentionally obscured Hofeller's role in court proceedings. The government has maintained that adding the question was intended to improve enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The Supreme Court will decide the case by the term's end next month on whether the citizenship question can be added to the 2020 Census. (New York Times / Washington Post / NBC News / Reuters)

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1T01WN

    Notables
    The White House wanted the USS John S. McCain "out of sight" during Trump's visit to Japan. A Navy official confirmed that someone in the White House asked to move the destroyer while Trump was in the area. A tarp was also hung over McCain's name, and sailors were given the day off. A spokesperson for the Pentagon said Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan didn't know about the White House's request. (Wall Street Journal / NBC News / The Hill / Washington Post / New York Times)

    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-john-s-mccain

    Trump said whoever directed the Navy to obscure the warship USS John S. McCain was "well-meaning," adding that he didn't know about and "was not involved" in the effort to the hide the Navy destroyer. "I would not have done that." (Washington Post / New York Times / Associated Press)

    https://apnews.com/9c3d51b355854034a87e8f2d6f489b98

    Several service members aboard the USS Wasp wore "Make Aircrew Great Again" patches. The Navy is reviewing whether the Trump-themed patches violated Navy rules. (CNN)

    https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/29/polit...hes/index.html

    A federal judge rejected the Trump administration's request to begin construction on a border wall with Mexico while it appeals a ruling that found funding for the wall was not authorized by Congress. U.S. District Court Judge Haywood Gilliam said the government was unlikely to prevail on the merits of its appeal, failing to justify a stay of a preliminary injunction issued last week. (Reuters)

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1T020S

    Federal prosecutors subpoenaed Mar-a-Lago for records related to Republican Party donor Li "Cindy" Yang and several of her associates and companies. The former owner of a Florida spa is involved in a prostitution investigation and allegedly sold access to Trump and his associates at Mar-a-Lago events. (Miami Herald / Vanity Fair)

    https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...230946518.html

    China accused the U.S. of engaging in "economic terrorism" and said the ongoing trade war has "brought huge damage to the economy of other countries and the US itself." Yesterday, Chinese state media issued a similar warning to Washington: "Don't say we didn't warn you." The statements come as China's top economic planning agency said it would be willing to reduce exports of rare earth minerals to the U.S., which are an important part of high-tech manufacturing. (CNN)

    https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/30/asia/...ntl/index.html

    The U.S. has slipped into third place when it comes to the most competitive economies. While the U.S. is still on top when it comes to economic performance, the boost in confidence from Trump's tax cuts has faded while higher fuel prices and weaker high-tech exports have reduced competitiveness. (CNBC)

    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/30/sing...onomy-imd.html

    Trump might meet with two pro-Brexit politicians when he visits the U.K. next week. Trump said he considers Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage to be "very good guys" and "very interesting people." (Politico / Bloomberg)

    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...farage-1347574

    The Department of Energy referred to fossil fuel as "molecules of U.S. freedom" in a press release touting exports of natural gas. (ABC News)

    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mole...ry?id=63366255

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 9 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 8 guests)

  1. D. Draig

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts