+ Reply to Thread
Page 853 of 854 FirstFirst ... 353 753 803 843 851 852 853 854 LastLast
Results 17,041 to 17,060 of 17069

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Uggh. It really is legit straight up explicitly what they're trying to do.

UGGGGGGH
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

What fucking monster would force someone who was raped to have the child

Jesus Christ these people are fucked up

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post

Jesus Christ these people are fucked up
    Because that's what Jesus wants, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    The entire Republican party and it's registered voters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

So much for not being able to single out Republicans for doing fucked up shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

More and more I start thinking about moving to Canada/England/Ireland/Scotland/Australia, hell, even Japan.

In less depressing news than Alambama, the White House launched a tool for reporting social media bias. It works as well as expected. The third question is "Are you a U.S. citizen or permanent resident?," and hitting no stops the report. I would think all feedback would be useful in this case, but no, even their online polls need to discriminate against immigrants.

This country is fucking disgusting.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    More and more I start thinking about moving to Canada/England/Ireland/Scotland/Australia, hell, even Japan.
    At least you don't actually live in Alabama/Mississippi....

If you want a sliver of hope, there is a view that says the Alabama ban won't overturn Roe v. Wade because it's TOO extreme:
    https://www.vox.com/identities/2019/...eptions-senate

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    At least you don't actually live in Alabama/Mississippi....
    This is true. I am lucky to live in one of the most liberal states in the country, but it doesn't mean we are safe from everything. We even have a Republican governor, although as Republicans go he's pretty moderate. How much of that is because he is a moderate or because he can't do much when surrounded by a Democratic senate is to be debated.

Kay Ivey, the governor of Alabama, said earlier today:

Today, I signed into law the Alabama Human Life Protection Act. To the bill’s many supporters, this legislation stands as a powerful testament to Alabamians’ deeply held belief that every life is precious & that every life is a sacred gift from God.
    Uh huh. I believe Alabama still carries out capital punishment, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Kay Ivey, the governor of Alabama, said earlier today:

Uh huh. I believe Alabama still carries out capital punishment, doesn't it?
    To say nothing of occasional gems like this getting out.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; May 16th, 2019 at 05:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Depressingly, Missouri has come out with an eight week abortion ban, but this one does come with exceptions for rape and incest.

I'm fearful that a Supreme Court challenge has always been inevitable considering how many of these things are there. It seems like every GOP controlled state is getting in on this.

Edit: Oh...no it doesn't. The only exception is medical emergencies. Alright then...
    Last edited by onemoment; May 16th, 2019 at 12:15 PM.

Uuuuh...Is this for real or is he just being sarcastically comical?

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    Depressingly, Missouri has come out with an eight week abrrion ban, but this one does come with exceptions for rape and incest.

I'm fearful that a Supreme Court challenge has always been inevitable considering how many of these things are there. It seems like every GOP controlled state is getting in on this.
    Less "inevitable" and more "the entire point", I think.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

I used to never get characters in shows had the mindset of destroying all of humanity because they are beyond saving. But yeah. We need a hard reset. Humans are terrible. The US trying their damnest to be the forefront of garbage people.

I stopped talking to someone cause he was complaining about Sharia law in WA. But now we're sliding into that realm with the Evangelicals...

The celebrities are coming out to call it for the shit it is.
    https://www.comicsands.com/celebriti...33ab68d22425b2

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Day 846: Escalating tensions

1/ The White House rejected Congress' demands for records and staff testimony, saying the investigations amount to an "unauthorized do-over" of the Mueller investigation. The letter also rejected the committee’s standing to investigate Trump for possible obstruction of justice. "Unfortunately, it appears that you have already decided to press ahead with a duplicative investigation," White House counsel Pat Cipollone wrote. (NBC News / Washington Post)
    • House Democrats are planning a marathon public reading of the Mueller report. The reading of all 448 pages of the redacted report, starting at noon Thursday, will take an estimated 12 to 14 hours. (Washington Post)
    2/ A federal judge grilled Trump's legal team as Democrats fight for access to Trump's financial records. Amit Mehta, a U.S. District Court judge in Washington, raised pointed doubts Tuesday about arguments by Trump’s legal team that a Democratic effort to subpoena Trump’s financial records was an invalid exercise of congressional power. An early court test for Trump’s vow to stonewall all subpoenas could be the start of a long fight over congressional oversight. (Politico / New York Times)
    3/ All non-essential staff are being evacuated from the U.S. Embassy in Iraq as the U.S. continues to threaten Iran. The embassy says the State Department has ordered all non-essential, non-emergency government staff to leave the country right away amid escalating tensions with Tehran. (Associated Press)
    • Skeptical U.S. allies are resisting Trump’s new claims of threats from Iran. The Trump administration is laying the groundwork for major military action against Iran, but it may have a hard time rallying domestic and international support. (New York Times)
    • The German government has expressed concern about the tensions in the Middle East between the U.S. and Iran, warning of a military escalation and saying it supports all measures for a peaceful solution. Chancellor Angela Merkel’s spokeswoman Ulrike Demmer said on Wednesday that, “obviously, we are watching the increasing tensions in the region with big concern and welcome any measure that is aimed at a peaceful solution.” (Associated Press)
    4/ Jared Kushner struggled to answer GOP senators’ questions on his immigration plan. In a closed-door meeting on Capitol Hill, Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser tried to pitch his plan to overhaul legal immigration but failed to win over Republicans, according to GOP officials. (Washington Post)
    5/ Gov. Ron DeSantis: Russians hacked voting databases in two Florida counties. The GOP governor said the incidents took place in 2016 and no election results were compromised. (NBC News / Associated Press)
    6/ The White House will not sign on to an international agreement to combat online extremism. The agreement was brokered between French and New Zealand officials and top social media companies. The U.S. did not agree to sign the agreement due to concerns that the pact clashes with constitutional protections for free speech. (Washington Post)
    7/ Trump’s tariffs, once seen as leverage, may be here to stay. Trump’s latest trade measures have left the United States with the highest tariff rate among the most developed countries, outranking Canada, Germany, Russia and even China. (New York Times)
    • GOP senators raise alarms, criticize Trump as U.S.-China trade war heats up. They say tariffs are hurting their rural constituents, and they’re considering options to aid farmers. (Washington Post)
    8/ Alabama passed a near-total abortion ban with no exceptions for cases that involve rape or incest. The legislation is the most restrictive anti-abortion measure passed since Roe v. Wade was decided in 1973. (CBS News)
    9/ Trump Tower is now one of the least-desirable luxury buildings in New York City. Most condo owners who sold the property since 2016 have recorded a loss. "No one wants in that building," said one former owner. (Bloomberg)

Day 847: On fire

1/ The U.S. military will build six tent cities near border for migrants. The tents will likely not be on military bases, and ICE — not the military — will be responsible for migrant detention and custodial support. (NBC News)
    2/ Trump's immigration plan will emphasizes immigrants' skills over their family ties. The plan will significantly scale back family-based immigration and increase the educational and skills requirements to move to the United States. (New York Times / NPR)
    3/ Trump, frustrated by advisers, is not convinced the time is right to attack Iran. "They are getting way out ahead of themselves, and Trump is annoyed," one official said of aides pushing for aggressive action. (Washington Post)
    • Trump told his Pentagon chief he does not want a war with Iran. Trump's statement came during a briefing on the rising tensions with Tehran, and officials said he was firm in saying he did not want a military clash. (New York Times)
    4/ The Missouri Senate passed a bill to ban abortions at 8 weeks. Senators approved the legislation 24-10 and now needs at least one more vote of approval in the GOP-led House before it can go to Republican Gov. Mike Parson, who voiced support for the bill. (Associated Press)
    • Alabama governor signs near-total abortion ban aimed squarely at Roe v. Wade, but the Supreme Court may prefer to chip away at abortion rights rather than overrule Roe outright. The new law is the most restrictive anti-abortion measure passed in the U.S. since Roe v. Wade was decided in 1973. The controversial abortion bill could punish doctors who perform abortions with life in prison. (New York Times / CBS News) / CNN)
    5/ Trump moved to ban foreign telecom gear as part of an ongoing battle with China. American officials have long warned that they would stop sharing intelligence if allies installed Chinese technology on their 5G networks. (New York Times)
    6/ Farmer who voted for Trump says he’ll "never vote for him again" as family is set to lose $150,000 in China trade war. “This is survival at this point. I mean, for a lot of operations it is a survival thing,” Iowa farmer Robert Ewoldt said. (Newsweek)
    7/ Company owned by Brazilian crooks received $62 million in Trump bailout cash meant for struggling U.S. farmers. The Trump administration has forked over more than $62 million — taxpayer cash that was supposed to be earmarked for struggling American farmers — to a massive meatpacking company owned by a couple of… (New York Daily News)
    8/ Trump pardoned his billionaire friend Conrad Black, who wrote a book about him. Black was convicted in 2007 on fraud charges, including alleged embezzlement, and obstruction of justice. (Washington Post / Reuters)
    9/ Attorney General William Barr denied he is blocking Robert Mueller's testimony before Congress. "It's Bob’s call whether he wants to testify," Barr said. (Wall Street Journal)
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Uuuuh...Is this for real or is he just being sarcastically comical?

10/ Ted Cruz warned that Trump's "Space Force" is needed to prevent space pirates. "Pirates threaten the open seas, and the same is possible in space," Cruz said. (The Hill)

11/ Scott Pruitt spent nearly $124,000 on "excessive airfare" and the EPA watchdog suggests agency recover the $124,000 in travel expenses. A new Office of Inspector General report suggests there was not "sufficient justification to support security concerns requiring the use of first- and business-class travel." (Washington Post / NBC News / CNN)
    12/ Trump's prized Doral resort is in steep decline, according to company documents, showing his business problems are mounting. Eric Trump said the resort was "on fire," but the company later said profitability was down 69%. (Washington Post)
    • Trump's Mar-a-Lago took a financial hit last year. "The Art of the Deal" continues to make money, but Trump's dozen-plus other books brought in next to nothing — $201 or less. (Politico)
    • Trump's wealth in the spotlight with new disclosure forms. America is about to get a tantalizing look into the hidden fortune on which Donald Trump made his name but is at the root of some of the most mysterious unresolved questions about his presidency. (CNN)
    • Televangelist Jim Bakker Show Peddles $45 Coin to Pray for President Donald Trump in SpectacularGrift. For just $45, you can pray for the president with this coin that's sold by a guy who says God told him you need the coin. (esquire.com)
    poll/ Voters still see Trump as a successful businessman. The president maintains a positive image despite recent negative reports about his tax filings. (Politico)
    poll/ 77% of Americans don't think Trump's term should be extended two years. 7% of respondents said that if Trump loses the 2020 election, he should ignore the results and stay in office. (University of Virginia Center for Politics)

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Speaking of that immigration plan, I saw some of Trump's speech today. One line in relation to merit-based immigration made me cringe. Trump actually complained about "discrimination against genius" of all things.

Yeah, I'm sure Trump and a large number of Republicans would know all about discriminating against genius.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information