+ Reply to Thread
Page 803 of 809 FirstFirst ... 303 703 753 793 801 802 803 804 805 ... LastLast
Results 16,041 to 16,060 of 16163

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

  1. #16041

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    It is very hard to take any praise for Donald Trump seriously. The same people who'll gladly chant "Lock Her Up" are typically blind to the fact that Trump is everything Hillary Clinton was ever accused of being. And, let's face it, you can not read the man's Twitter and see him as a rational human being. SAD!

    Donald Trump is a buffoon with no business being anywhere near the position of power he holds.
    Yeah, i also cant stand the 'lock her up' chanting but even worse is the 'USA' chanting. I like Trump because he steps up, and has common sense. He also seems pretty nice. He also is funny. Of course im not a blind follower. He does some missteps, but often only minor ones. The current Jim Acosta incident is one i dislike. Sarah Sanders overstated by saying 'attack'. Trump was kinda furious, but its ok. Thats what the MSM is like since two years...even worse...far worse.
    Trump handles America perfectly, that is my perception.

  2. #16042
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nampa, ID

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    You say you're not a blind follower, but, not unlike expressions like SJW, "MSM" (Mainstream Media, for reference's sake) is one of those phrases that, as soon as I see it used unironically, I can no longer take the user seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Takto View Post
    Trump handles America perfectly, that is my perception.
    The sad thing is, you're not wrong...

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  3. #16043

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    You say you're not a blind follower, but, not unlike expressions like SJW, "MSM" (Mainstream Media, for reference's sake) is one of those phrases that, as soon as I see it used unironically, I can no longer take the user seriously.

    The sad thing is, you're not wrong...
    Then i dont take you serious either.

  4. #16044

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Takto View Post
    I like Trump because he steps up, and has common sense. He also seems pretty nice. He also is funny.
    He started a program that ripped immigrant families apart and kept toddlers in cages.


  5. #16045

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Takto View Post
    He also seems pretty nice. He also is funny.

    So nice. So funny.

  6. #16046

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Takto View Post
    Yeah, i also cant stand the 'lock her up' chanting but even worse is the 'USA' chanting. I like Trump because he steps up,
    ...Yes he steps up to make claims he never ever backs up and never steps up to take blame for anything wrong he says or does.


    Quote Originally Posted by Takto View Post
    and has common sense
    The same common sense that leads to him generalizing Mexican immigrants as criminals?
    The same common sense that to him refusing to install fire sprinklers in a building he owns because it would cost too much money?
    The same common sense that leads to him appointing unqualified individuals to government positions?
    The same common sense that leads to him rattling sabers with North Korea a country that has nukes?
    The same common sense that leads to him insisting that NFL players kneeling for the national anthem are disrespecting the troops?
    The same common sense that leads to him shilling his border wall after England suffers a terrorist attack?
    The same common sense that leads to him insisting that white supremacists/Neo Nazis and those who oppose them are equally violent?
    The same common sense that leads to him insisting 11 people killed in a mass shooting would've never died had the location they were at had armed guards and this on top of the fact that the shooter bought into conspiracies Trump himself help propagate?

    Yeah okay.



    Quote Originally Posted by Takto View Post
    He also seems pretty nice.
    Nice people don't attack and disrespect people other people trite reasons.....including their wives
    or scam people out of their money using fake Universities named after them.
    or basically take money from charity organizations that are named after them.
    or call for the executions of 5 teens accused of raping a woman and then refuse to apologize when they're cleared of all charges years later.
    or refuse to rent apartments to black people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Takto View Post
    He also is funny.
    Yeah in the "look at this dumb motherfucker" sense.


    Quote Originally Posted by Takto View Post
    Of course im not a blind follower.
    When you repeatedly praise Trump for skills or traits that he doesn't have and repeatedly shows he lacks....you're clearly engaging in blind following.


    Quote Originally Posted by Takto View Post
    He does some missteps, but often only minor ones.
    ....Yeah none of his missteps are "minor" especially as one of these is the basis for the Special Counsel Investigation as has been noted.


    Quote Originally Posted by Takto View Post
    The current Jim Acosta incident is one i dislike. Sarah Sanders overstated by saying 'attack'. Trump was kinda furious, but its ok.
    No it's not unless you hate Freedom of The Press which Trump has never liked because he thinks the media is supposed to do nothing but write fluff pieces about him while disparaging people he doesn't like.....just like what they do in Russia and North Korea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Takto View Post
    Thats what the MSM is like since two years...even worse...far worse.
    Yeah Jim Acosta did nothing in that press conference that Trump called only to piss on Republicans for having loss the house (which would've been him taking credit had they won) to warrant having the microphone taken away from him (or having his white house press credentials revoked).

    Much like that black female journalist who questioned Trump on his use of the word nationalist did nothing to justify ironically being called a racist by a guy who himself is a legit racist.

    Or any of the other stupid shit that Trump did at that press conference.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; November 8th, 2018 at 09:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  7. #16047
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nampa, ID

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Takto View Post
    Then i dont take you serious either.
    That's fine. You're probably going to have a tough time in these parts though. I'm fairly sure the opinions one expressed are more likely to be held by folks in this thread than anything you've said.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Everything in this post.
    Case in point

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  8. #16048

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/sea...l-journalists/

    Guy who goes to a rally to campaign with Trump (after saying he was only going there to report on it and got in trouble for it) gives lecture about journalists who do a disservice to their job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  9. #16049

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Whatever happened to the caravan?

    Very Serious Journalists from the NYT and WaPo told me this was an important news story that HAD to be covered because it was policy-related, but now they won't talk about it anymore. Weird!

  10. #16050
    Father of the Man Nobodyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia, US

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Whatever happened to the caravan?
    It's still going. Apparently they've hit Mexico City.

  11. #16051
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nampa, ID

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is 'up and working' after a fall that broke her ribs

    https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/11/09/...-her-ribs.html

    U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is already up and working in her hospital room, a day after breaking three ribs in a fall, her nephew said late on Thursday at the Hollywood premiere of a film about her life.

    Ginsburg, a ground-breaking liberal jurist who at 85 is the oldest U.S. Supreme Court justice, was hospitalized on Thursday after falling at her office at the court, a court spokeswoman said.

    "The last I heard she was up and working, of course, because what else would she be doing, and cracking jokes," her nephew Daniel Stiepleman said at the premiere of the film "On the Basis of Sex", about a gender-based discrimination case Ginsburg tried as a young lawyer in 1972.


    "I can't promise they were good jokes but they were jokes," said Stiepleman, who wrote the script for the film with input from the justice herself.

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  12. #16052

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    It's still going. Apparently they've hit Mexico City.
    Yeah but what happened to the thousands of soldiers we had to rush there in an emergency the day before midterms? We've just... called it all off.

    Like it was a... political stunt or something.

    That cost hundreds of millions of dollars.

  13. #16053

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    More and more signs of voting irregularities in Florida, specifically absentee/mail ballots that weren't counted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    It's still going. Apparently they've hit Mexico City.
    Why isn't the media reporting on it anymore. If it was front page news on Monday, it should still be reported on today.

  14. #16054

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Yeah but what happened to the thousands of soldiers we had to rush there in an emergency the day before midterms? We've just... called it all off.




    Like it was a... political stunt or something.

    That cost hundreds of millions of dollars.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Why isn't the media reporting on it anymore. If it was front page news on Monday, it should still be reported on today.

    https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/pau...easily-played/


    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    More and more signs of voting irregularities in Florida, specifically absentee/mail ballots that weren't counted.
    Want to see Marco Rubio get pissed on more for his hot takes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  15. #16055
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nampa, ID

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    A couple stories from the developing What the Fuck Just Happened Today feed:

    In a last-minute act, Jeff Sessions drastically limited the use of consent decrees between Justice Department officials and local police departments. Consent decrees allow federal law enforcement officials to use court-enforced agreements to overhaul local police departments accused of civil rights abuses and violations. Sessions added three strict new requirements for the agreements: top political appointees must sign off on the deals, department lawyers must show evidence of additional violations beyond unconstitutional behavior, and the deals must have a sunset date. (New York Times)

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/08/u...t-decrees.html

    Ryan Zinke is preparing to leave his role as Secretary of the Interior. Zinke has been exploring potential roles at Fox News, the energy industry, and other business sectors as it becomes increasingly likely that he will no longer have a job in Trump's cabinet and as ethics investigations into his behavior in office continue to mount. Trump recently told reporters that word on Zinke's future in the White House may come "in about a week." (Politico)

    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ox-news-956537

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  16. #16056

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Experts now have Arizona as Lean D.

  17. #16057
    Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Jersey.

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Even if these "too close to call" races turn out for the GOP, I'm grateful we got to see Trump and Rick Scott embarrassingly breakdown over these near losses. I'd rather the Dems win though. This blue wave is turning out great!

  18. #16058
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nampa, ID

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Yeah, I've slacked off a bit on the WTF feed this week, since we had midterms taking up most of the discussion, and most of the stories were related. I'll post todays and links to the past couple days:

    Tuesday: Setting a Tone

    Wednesday: Presidental harrassment

    Thursday: Above the Law

    Today: Inconvenient Facts

    1/ Trump was involved in "nearly every step" of the hush-money payments to Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal and he may have violated federal campaign-finance laws in the process. David Pecker, chief executive of American Media Inc., offered to use the National Enquirer to buy their silence, eventually paying McDougal $150,000 after Trump asked Pecker to kill her story. As a presidential candidate, Trump "directed deals in phone calls and meetings" related to the two women with Michael Cohen, who pleaded guilty in August to campaign-finance violations. Cohen also admitted that he arranged payments to Daniels and McDougal at the direction of "a candidate for federal office" with the intention of influencing the outcome of the 2016 presidential election. (Wall Street Journal)

    https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-...gal-1541786601

    2/ Trump claimed that he did not discuss Robert Mueller's Russia probe with Matthew Whitaker before appointing him acting attorney general. Trump defended Whitaker, calling him a "highly respected man," but also said "I don't know Matt Whitaker." Trump has been in more than a dozen meetings with Whitaker in the Oval Office. (Washington Post / Politico / CNBC / NBC News)

    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...general-979015

    Whitaker previously served on the advisory board of a company that "bilked thousands of consumers out of millions of dollars." World Patent Marketing was fined nearly $26 million after the FTC accused it of scamming customers. The FBI is conducting a criminal investigation and Whitaker has "unquestionably recused from any investigation or prosecution of World Patent Marketing." (New York Times / Washington Post / ABC News / Wall Street Journal)

    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/acti...ry?id=59067838

    Trump called George Conway "Mr. Kellyanne Conway" after he wrote an op-ed arguing that Trump's appointment of Whitaker is unconstitutional because he wasn't confirmed by the Senate. George is the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway. (ABC News)

    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/kell...ry?id=59066631
    3/ A federal appellate court panel ordered Mueller to explain how the firing of Jeff Sessions could influence the case between the special counsel and Andrew Miller, the former Roger Stone aide who is challenging Mueller's appointment on constitutional grounds. The judges will likely ask for supplemental briefing to address the legal issues tied to the handover from Rod Rosenstein to Whitaker. (Politico)

    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...shakeup-979657

    Mueller's team is "not getting what they want" from Paul Manafort, despite a cooperation agreement that requires participation in "interviews, briefings, producing documents, [and] testifying in other matters." (ABC News)

    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tens...ry?id=59086047
    4/ Trump signed a presidential proclamation blocking migrants who cross into the U.S. illegally from seeking asylum. The proclamation is aimed primarily at several thousand migrants traveling north through Mexico in caravans. The new rules will change longstanding asylum laws that allow people who are fleeing persecution and violence in their home countries to seek protection in the U.S. and prevent people from seeking that protection if they don't enter the country at an official port of entry. (New York Times / Politico / ABC News)

    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-border-978233

    5/ Before resigning, Jeff Sessions signed a memorandum limiting the use of consent decrees between Justice Department officials and local police departments. Consent decrees allow federal law enforcement officials to use court-enforced agreements to overhaul local police departments accused of civil rights abuses and violations. Sessions added three new requirements for the agreements: top political appointees must sign off on the deals, department lawyers must show evidence of additional violations beyond unconstitutional behavior, and the deals must have a sunset date. (New York Times)

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/08/u...t-decrees.html

    6/ Trump threatened to revoke more press passes, saying he doesn't how long Jim Acosta's credentials will be suspended, "but it could be others also." Trump went on to attack April Ryan from American Urban Radio Networks, calling her a "loser" who "doesn't know what the hell she is doing," and then bashed CNN reporter Abby Phillip for asking Trump if he wants Whitaker to "rein in Mueller." Trump replied: "What a stupid question that is. What a stupid question [] you ask a lot of stupid questions." (CNN / Politico / The Hill)

    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-access-980280

    Notables.
    Ruth Bader Ginsburg is "up and working" after being released from the hospital. (The Hill / Reuters)

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1ND20M

    Trump is telling people he wants to replace Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross by the end of the year. Trump is considering former wrestling executive Linda McMahon, as well as Ray Washburne, who he appointed as head of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation as possible replacements. (CNBC)

    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/09/trum...-the-year.html

    Trump said he has no plans to fire Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke. Earlier this week, Trump said he would be "looking at different people for different positions" after the midterms, mentioning Zinke in particular. (Politico)

    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...g-zinke-980424

    Zinke is exploring potential roles at Fox News, the energy industry, and other business sectors as it becomes increasingly likely that he will leave his role as Secretary of the Interior as ethics investigations into his behavior in office continue to mount. (Politico)

    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ox-news-956537

    The Pentagon's No. 3 official resigned. John Gibson, the Department of Defense's chief management officer, submitted his resignation on Monday and will leave Nov. 30. Gibson served in the role for less than nine months. (The Hill)

    https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4...ear-on-the-job

    A federal judge blocked construction of the Keystone XL oil pipeline, saying the Trump administration "simply discarded" and ignored "inconvenient facts" about how the project would impact climate change. Two days after taking office, Trump signed an executive order approving the project that had been blocked by Obama because of environmental concerns. (New York Times / Washington Post)

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...dministration/

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  19. #16059

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Is Trump the biggest crime boss in history?

  20. #16060

    Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

    Probably. .

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts