+ Reply to Thread
Page 744 of 744 FirstFirst ... 244 644 694 734 742 743 744
Results 14,861 to 14,870 of 14870

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

And we haven’t even discussed Mark Zuckerberg defending holocaust denial as a valid point of view or Elon Musk accusing the saviour of the Thai football team of being a pedophile because he got there before Musk’s tacky mini-sub.

Okay that's some uncanny valley if ever I saw it.

And nice of Paul Ryan to call out the racist pom-pom brigade of the Republican Party all the while guys like Steve King and Donald Trump represent the party (and as Republicans push be bills that negatively affect minorities at various levels)
    Also nice of Rand Paul to perfectly illustrate how much of idiot he is.

Okay that's some uncanny valley if ever I saw it.

And nice of Paul Ryan to call out the racist pom-pom brigade of the Republican Party all the while guys like Steve King and Donald Trump represent the party (and as Republicans push be bills that negatively affect minorities at various levels)
    Also nice of Rand Paul to perfectly illustrate how much of idiot he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    And we haven’t even discussed Mark Zuckerberg defending holocaust denial as a valid point of view or Elon Musk accusing the saviour of the Thai football team of being a pedophile because he got there before Musk’s tacky mini-sub.
    Should John Schnatter slot in here with him being mad he was forced to resign along with some even more less than flattering news coming out about his actions and shady business practices?

Granted he's the the billionaire founder of a tech related company.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; July 19th, 2018 at 04:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Should John Schnatter slot in here with him being mad he was forced to resign along with some even more less than flattering news coming out about his actions and shady business practices?

Granted he's the the billionaire founder of a tech related company.
    Nah. He's not an obnoxious techbro, he's a self-made racist asshole that takes the view "if I can do it, anyone can" and doesn't seem to realize he' where he is because of luck. Different beast, but still detestable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Nah. He's not an obnoxious techbro, he's a self-made racist asshole that takes the view "if I can do it, anyone can" and doesn't seem to realize he' where he is because of luck. Different beast, but still detestable.
    I mean, that sounds like most obnoxious techbros.

BTW, I count myself as morally bankrupt.

I mean from asking, storing, filtering and presenting people's contact information to sell them shitty insurance and not realizing it until a year later, to do the same to get them to vote for the worst possible candidate there isn't much difference.

I used to work as a consultant to some of the Venezuelan government expropriated banks.

Our craft is so removed from its effects on people, and our decision making power is so far removed from the chain of command, that once you get to the top is halfway entitlement/resentment halfway naivety of what you do doesn't impact anyone in any deep way.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

So, you know how Trump just had a private meeting with Putin where he agreed to who knows what and absolutely no one has any idea what was agreed upon and so Putin has a blank check to say whatever he wants? The Dems put up a vote to subpeona the translator that was at Trump's meeting with Putin because as the ONE AMERICAN IN THE ROOM, it's probably important to hear from them what was said!

Guess what happened next.

GUESS.

That's right, Republicans downvoted the motion and then proceeded to push forth an investigation about...

Hillary's emails.

Can't make this shit up.

Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar

Special Counsel Mueller will probably subpoena her anyway, so this thing's far from over.

Carrot's still never gonna join the crew.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    So, you know how Trump just had a private meeting with Putin where he agreed to who knows what and absolutely no one has any idea what was agreed upon and so Putin has a blank check to say whatever he wants? The Dems put up a vote to subpeona the translator that was at Trump's meeting with Putin because as the ONE AMERICAN IN THE ROOM, it's probably important to hear from them what was said!

Guess what happened next.

GUESS.

That's right, Republicans downvoted the motion and then proceeded to push forth an investigation about...

Hillary's emails

Can't make this shit up.
    I really donít think it would be a good look for US Diplomacy if world leaders had to worry about the secrecy of their entire private conversations with the US president being jeopardized by the interrogation of interpretors... whom no doubt have been sworn to utmost secrecy else face extensive criminal proceedings, specifically because these kind of diplomatic talks are so sensitive to all the parties involved.

Like, these conversations are private for a reason. You canít do mob diplomacy, it would never work and would end up with politicians staging their talks to appeal to the electorate rather than fix the real issues at hand.

But hey. Maybe thatís just me. I donít think, personally, that itís a good precedent to set.

Lol Hillaryís emails
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch
    You're the kind of person that can't make the difference between "facts" and "far-righty rambling" but somehow you think you can legit talk like this. You're the Ben Shapiro of this forum
    Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    I really don’t think it would be a good look for US Diplomacy if world leaders had to worry about the secrecy of their entire private conversations with the US president being jeopardized by the US Congress coming in and interrogating the interpretors... whom no doubt have been sworn to utmost secrecy else face extensive criminal proceedings.
    He ONLY has private meetings with Putin. No one else. ONLY Putin.

And has refused to say anything about what was actually negotiated or talked about, even though it affects US policy on who knows what going forward, so Putin can literally say anything he wants.

The public doesn't need to know about the back and forth, but they do need to know the results and any commitments that have been made.

And there are lots and lots of reasons to believe they were working together prior to this, and prior to the election. Ya know, that whole COLLUSION thing Trump keeps swearing there was none of.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information