+ Reply to Thread
Page 708 of 708 FirstFirst ... 208 608 658 698 706 707 708
Results 14,141 to 14,146 of 14146

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

donīt know, but here is chocolate... so everthingīs alright ^^

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    It's real.
    Should I facepalm, cry or laughing??? (At the moment i tend to facepalming)

Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk in Spoilerthreat from Chapter 579
    "Did I fire six shots or only five? Well, do you feel lucky punk?"

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

I really wonder where we go from here. This seems like the kind of thing that Trump shouldn't be able to do so easily, but he did it. Like this whole administration, it's really stupid, and possibly destroying the country.

I mean, it seems like he just made up a conspiracy and asked the DOJ to investigate it. It really seems like that's all he did.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    I really wonder where we go from here. This seems like the kind of thing that Trump shouldn't be able to do so easily, but he did it. Like this whole administration, it's really stupid, and possibly destroying the country.

I mean, it seems like he just made up a conspiracy and asked the DOJ to investigate it. It really seems like that's all he did.
    While yes it's insane fevor dream of Two Scoops, the general consensus is he's mostly trying to find a reason to fire Rosenstein... and then replace him with a loyal lackey that'll fire Mueller.

Rosenstein would have been completely in the right to deny that insane request, (he already knows what the results of the investigation will be, nothing) but if he'd refused an order Trump would have had pretense to fire him, or in theory, he should have quit on principle because.... well, in a sane presidency that's what you'd do to make a point.

The hope is the only reason he acquiesced to this insanity (which sets a terrible precedent) is because 1)no harm comes from this and 2)buying time for Mueller to finish his work.

Rosenstein knows more than anyone except Mueller exactly where the investigation is, so the hope is he's just trying to buy the extra month or two needed. Because at some point in the very near future there may be an even more drastic red line crossed where he'll HAVE to resign in protest. Hopefully when that'll make the most impact and do the most damage.

Or, as I've seen it said elsewhere
    The only conceivable justification for law enforcement allowing a president to abuse his power (an impeachable offense since Watergate) in the way Donald Trump did over the past 2 days is if you know that in the end Trump will be one of the most infamous villains in U.S. history.
    https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/sta...75551626854400

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Agreed, and that idea on Rosenstein is somewhat relieving amongst all this troubling news. Also, relieving, apparently John Kelly and Flood didn't actually attend the meeting? Reports seem to indicate they only met with the group before the meeting took place. It's still odd though.

Semi-related, apparently Mitch McConnell came out and said he supports the Mueller investigation. Actions would be better, but at least this suggests that Mitch thinks he can say this without losing anything. It's something.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told NPR in an interview that he continues to support the Mueller Russia investigation — and that nothing in Thursday's hotly anticipated secret briefing on the Russia probe to congressional leaders changed his mind.

"The two investigations going on that I think will give us the answers to the questions that you raise — the [inspector general] investigation in the Justice Department and the Mueller investigation," McConnell said. "I support both of them, and I don't really have anything to add to this subject based upon the Gang of 8 briefing that we had today, which was classified."

"I support it... I just won't allow a motion to go forward where we vote on actually protecting it."

btw, for as much as I ranted about it at the time, Rosenstein's official pretext for firing Comey is actually ringing truer by the day. Not saying it should have happened then, but if his point was the politicization of the bureau in a way that harmed Hillary, then yeah, seems like that happened under his watch.
    Hang in there, Kierkegaard.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information