+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 925 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 507 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Zoro View Post
    Don't worry, I definitely made the Russian hacks a talking point in my email.
    You'll be interested to know that one of the electors who has an automated email response has updated said email response, especially in regards to the Russian hacks. (The additions are bolded)

She has quite an… interesting take on the matter. Especially when she says "I do not vote or get involved in your state, I am not sure why you are trying to interfere in mine". But what's that? Them Russians are interfering in our elections? Nah, can't be! It's a silly rumor!

Ugh.
    Haha yeah I got those same auto-replies and mentioned them in the last thread. Of course she's from Texas.
    My thoughts were your comment exactly, basically ;)

Quote Originally Posted by The Huss View Post
    Sen. Lindsey Graham: Tillerson must say Russia hacked US to earn his confirmation vote
    http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...s-confirmation
    He can simply deny his confirmation based solely on the grounds that Tillerson isn't qualified not because of some retarded game of chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    He can simply deny his confirmation based solely on the grounds that Tillerson isn't qualified not because of some retarded game of chicken.
    Tillerson is technically more qualified than a lot of Trump's picks given that ExxonMobil is huge and he has to regularly negotiate with foreign leaders. Graham's hangup is the Russian ties, which admitting the Russian hack is meant to be symbolic of ignoring.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Can Obama pass an executive order that Russia is an enemy power and negotiating/pal-ing around with/going shirtless horseback riding with Putin is therefore considered treason, to be applied going forward and retroactively by six months?
    That seems like a reasonable outcome from their sneaky meddling. Also sanctions up the wazoo.

Also on my wishlist: exec orders for: appointing Merrick Garland, ensuring Planned Parenthood doesn't get defunded (this one actually happened!), a rule stating that ACA can only be repealed if it's immediately replaced and "replaced" means that nobody currently with insurance loses it due to preexisting conditions or undue rate hikes, a full ban on redistricting (gerrymandering) after census, and someone has to literally pee in Trump's cheerios and juice box every morning.

Like I halfway understand his reasons for not going full-on beast mode before the election (just kidding I don't- you should've stepped up Obama), but as a lame duck, why not? What do he and the dems seriously have to lose at this point, now that everything's gone and fucked anyway?

BOY, IT SURE IS GREAT THAT THE GOP GOT CONTROL OF EVERY ASPECT OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND NOT CORRUPT DEMOCRATS.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...governor-power
    This should be posted every time a Green or Libertarian moron goes "same shit both sides!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Can Obama pass an executive order that Russia is an enemy power and negotiating/pal-ing around with/going shirtless horseback riding with Putin is therefore considered treason, to be applied going forward and retroactively by six months?
    That seems like a reasonable outcome from their sneaky meddling. Also sanctions up the wazoo.

Also on my wishlist: exec orders for: appointing Merrick Garland, ensuring Planned Parenthood doesn't get defunded (this one actually happened!), a rule stating that ACA can only be repealed if it's immediately replaced and "replaced" means that nobody currently with insurance loses it due to preexisting conditions or undue rate hikes, a full ban on redistricting (gerrymandering) after census, and someone has to literally pee in Trump's cheerios and juice box every morning.

Like I halfway understand his reasons for not going full-on beast mode before the election (just kidding I don't- you should've stepped up Obama), but as a lame duck, why not? What do he and the dems seriously have to lose at this point, now that everything's gone and fucked anyway?
    Well for one, executive orders only officially last for the term of the sitting president. I think they're just kind of accepted afterwards but a new president can reverse/remove them with a hand wave.

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Are you referring to me? Because I'm pretty sure I don't completely trust anyone's words unless they're well substantiated with hard evidence.
    People who are gung-ho about Putin and Russian information warfare as illuminating are the most gullible suckers on the entire earth lol.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    Tillerson is technically more qualified than a lot of Trump's picks given that ExxonMobil is huge and he has to regularly negotiate with foreign leaders.
    On business.
    How the hell does that qualify someone for foreign policy.

Well for one, executive orders only officially last for the term of the sitting president. I think they're just kind of accepted afterwards but a new president can reverse/remove them with a hand wave.
    Well fuck.
    Still- there's obvious value in ensuring that if your successor wants to undo good things, they have to take action that makes them look bad.

Not that that concept applies in the least to Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    On business.
    How the hell does that qualify someone for foreign policy.
    Because he can be diplomatic, of course

Sadly that's apparently an uncommon qualification in Trump's cabinet

Sadly that's apparently an uncommon qualification in Trump's cabinet
    Speaking of qualifications.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2911859

Do you imagine Secretary of State is just a job about talking with people, and that familiarity with the substance of what is being talked about just doesn't really matter?
    Yeah man, can't wait for this direly unqualified CEO to insert his ass into the Israeli/Palestinian mess.
    Do you think international disputes are the same shit as "I HAVE PRODUCT, WANT SELL, YOU WANT? NO? MAYBE IF I CHANGE BARGAIN? YES?"
    How the fuck does that apply to "The Zambogians have murdered and enslaved my people for centuries, and we will have our revenge and take back the city of Spungopolis."
    I wonder if this motherfucker would even know if Zambogians and Spungopolis were made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Do you imagine Secretary of State is just a job about talking with people, and that familiarity with the substance of what is being talked about just doesn't really matter?
    Yeah man, can't wait for this direly unqualified CEO to insert his ass into the Israeli/Palestinian mess.
    Do you think international disputes are the same shit as "I HAVE PRODUCT, WANT SELL, YOU WANT? NO? MAYBE IF I CHANGE BARGAIN? YES?"
    How the fuck does that apply to "The Zambogians have murdered and enslaved my people for centuries, and we will have our revenge and take back the city of Spungopolis."
    I wonder if this motherfucker would even know if Zambogians and Spungopolis were made up.
    I'm being mostly sarcastic. While he does have some practice and familiarity negotiating with world leaders, the topics and complexities the Secretary of State handles on a daily basis are obviously far beyond what any CEO deals with. Thinking that being a CEO, no matter the length of experience or size of the company, adequately prepares you to handle extremely delicate international matters that affect millions of lives is sadly just another example of the Trump campaign's infuriating ignorance.

At least you can make a half-hearted attempt at calling him competent or having relevant experience, unlike several of the other absurd appointments.

A dog that caught a car and it turned out to be a truck full of toxic waste.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Well, 25% still think Above Avarage.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Well, 25% still think Above Avarage.
    Indicating even the Trump supporters don't feel as strongly as his detractors.

Larry Kudrow has been announced as Trump's economic top advisor. A guy who apparantly said in 2007 that there would be no recession and that the invasion of Iraq was neccesary to boost the stock market.

https://res.cloudinary.com/tpm/image...7n9msheyke.jpg

A dog that caught a car and it turned out to be a truck full of toxic waste.
    Trump is the dog with no mouth trying to catch a frisbee.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/i9tog6...inkId=32425738

No idea how to make a comedy central video work here. Oh well.

Trump on his victory tour is basically admitting to his audiences that most of his campaign was just catch phrases to rile up the base and he didn't mean it. The audience doesn't seem to realize that they were supposed to be in on the joke and seem confused by the admissions now.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Trump admitted during a rally America's footing the bill for his wall, but apparently we need to have more money to build it....welp.

He also thanked blacks who didn't come out to vote for Clinton too.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; December 16th, 2016 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Trump on his victory tour is basically admitting to his audiences that most of his campaign was just catch phrases to rile up the base and he didn't mean it. The audience doesn't seem to realize that they were supposed to be in on the joke and seem confused by the admissions now.
    All it is missing is he to thank his supporters for playing along.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information