+ Reply to Thread
Page 617 of 619 FirstFirst ... 117 517 567 607 615 616 617 618 619 LastLast
Results 12,321 to 12,340 of 12371

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

I don't think you'll find anyone here who denies that Trump is the most generic of Republicans at the end of the day.

There's a pretty big difference between allowing the best people in (which often includes people from Asia) and wanting Norwegians over shithole AIDS people who live in huts (all things said by Trump in the last couple weeks).

Gotta say, one thing I was completely wrong about with Trump: didn't think he was actually a virulent racist. Thought he had no problems dabbling with it, but figured he'd like anybody of any race as long as he or she praised him. Also didn't think he had developed feelings about anything other than himself or money.

But nope. Flat-out bad grandpa racist.

One of the only areas where I did not assume worst-case with Trump. Have learned my lesson.
    Last edited by tatermoog; January 11th, 2018 at 04:32 PM.

Good reminder that the only reason Puerto Rico is a shithole right now is because the Trump administration purposely let it rot.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

"43% of immigrants from “shithole” African countries have a bachelor’s degree or higher, compared to 33% of the overall American population.

“Nigerian-Americans, for instance, have a median household income well above the American average."

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

Here's an update on how Fearless Leader feels about Lil' Rocket Man.

“I probably have a very good relationship with Kim Jong Un, ” Trump told the Journal in a 45-minute sit-down at the White House. “I have relationships with people. I think you people are surprised.”

“You’ll see that a lot with me,” Trump said, “and then all of the sudden somebody’s my best friend. I could give you 20 examples. You could give me 30. I’m a very flexible person.”

I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion. — Jun Fukuda

lol CNN is going nuts at the moment.

And you know Trump has no loyal people under him. Presidents say terrible things all the time behind closed doors(though this one is super terrible), but Presidents usually have loyal employees who keep that stuff amongst themselves. With Trump everyone around him is probably racing to be first to the reporters. Thats funny.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You don't get to call a third world country a shithole unless you survive in them for at least 4 years.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    lol CNN is going nuts at the moment.

And you know Trump has no loyal people under him. Presidents say terrible things all the time behind closed doors(though this one is super terrible), but Presidents usually have loyal employees who keep that stuff amongst themselves. With Trump everyone around him is probably racing to be first to the reporters. Thats funny.
    This one was to several Congressional folks, so probably came from there. So many people there in this case that staff aren't even trying to deny.

Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

I wasn't sure to post this here or in the news thread. But its not a news show and it does discuss politics some so here it is.
    This really makes me sick. America should not have this high of death rates for mothers in childbirth, no developed country should. But for the death rate to be climbing in recent times is unacceptable.

No Country For Pregnant Women

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Well, this thread just took a horrible turn!

in response to thread derailment in Theories thread here

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    This is going to sound very callous, but him calling third world countries "shitholes" isn't going to lose him any votes on the right. It might even gain him some. It fits well into his "anti-pc" "shooting from the hip" "say it like it is" brand, and while the way he said it was certainly horrible, the sentiment of "only allowing the best people in" is precisely what the right wants, and its what most countries (the UK and Canada for example) actually have as their policy (refugees aside).

What I'm trying to say is that once you cut through the offensive words, he's just saying standard republican policy points, the only people who'll find this "horrifyingly bad" are the left wing people whom would disagree with right-wing policy anyway, and the media that's always looking for the next thing to be outraged at. To the average right winger... this is standard stuff, to be encouraged even.
    Hmm, maybe the racism is painting the people coming from these countries as apparently not exactly those best people by and large.

Or in other words:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Good reminder that the only reason Puerto Rico is a shithole right now is because the Trump administration purposely let it rot.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

"43% of immigrants from “shithole” African countries have a bachelor’s degree or higher, compared to 33% of the overall American population.

“Nigerian-Americans, for instance, have a median household income well above the American average."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post

Do they have their MBA from Wharton's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

The Mountain That Drinks. Steven D. Teach's Avatar

The defending and reigning champ:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/poli...102349877.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-can...080112069.html

Because if there's one thing Trump knows about it's real estate and moving u.s. embassies to good locations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said “take them out.” Made up by Dems. I have a wonderful relationship with Haitians. Probably should record future meetings - unfortunately, no trust!
    Trump just wants to use cheat codes for his Watergate speed run now.

Anyone see Trump sign the proclamation that honored Martin Luther King Jr Day? The journalists/reporters asking those questions had me dying.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Paul Ryan criticized Trump's words, confirming that he did indeed say it right after he denied using those specific words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

A waiver has been approved by the Trump administration, people in Kentucky with Medicaid coverage will be required to provide documentation proving they spend at minimum 80 hours a month at work, school, or doing community service. Failing to produce that information will cause Medicaid eligibility to be suspended. Former foster care youth, pregnant women, medically frail individuals, and primary caregivers are exempt from the new rules. There are currently 9 additional states that are in the process of waiting for similar Medicaid program waivers to be approved.

I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion. — Jun Fukuda

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dragon View Post
    A waiver has been approved by the Trump administration, people in Kentucky with Medicaid coverage will be required to provide documentation proving they spend at minimum 80 hours a month at work, school, or doing community service.
    This entire process, of course, ignores the simple fact that the overwhelming majority of people on Medicaid already work while the remainder largely can't because of childcare or health issues.

But let's not little things like facts get in the way of the new policy of Work Makes You Free.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Party of economic anxiety

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Gotta say, one thing I was completely wrong about with Trump: didn't think he was actually a virulent racist. Thought he had no problems dabbling with it, but figured he'd like anybody of any race as long as he or she praised him. Also didn't think he had developed feelings about anything other than himself or money.

But nope. Flat-out bad grandpa racist.

One of the only areas where I did not assume worst-case with Trump. Have learned my lesson.
    There's actually plenty of examples of his blatent racism throught the years. Such as:
    Still believing that the Central Park 5 are guilty, though physical evidence proved otherwise.
    Referring to Mexican immigrants as rapists.
    Spearheading the Birther conspiracy.

This isn't new.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information