+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 923 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 506 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 18444

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

  1. #101
    Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Huxley U.

    Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

    Yes, Putin helping install fascism sure did stop all that corruption.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Thank you, Great Comrade Putin, for saving us from the CORRUPT and LYING and CROOKED she-devil and placing us at the tender mercies of good men like Jeff Sessions and Goldman Sachs executives.

  2. #102

    Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

    Because it's not like the GOP has problems with transparency and wouldn't do away with a lot of the existing laws on it while making it even harder to actually report on their actions or anything like that. I mean, hell, it's not like their candidate makes everyone he comes into contact with sign massive NDAs or done asinine things like saying we should alter libel laws to make it easier to sue journalists.
    Complicating things since 2009.

  3. #103

    Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

    The Netherlands has 14 parties (and counting) and people still complain "same shit, all sides" here. The far right and its following have been complaining that this is a sham democracy for 15 years now.

    Also second biggest tax haven in the world for BIG CORPORATIONS.

  4. #104

    Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't really disagree with anyone, including Putin, doing any of the above things. Perfectly reasonable to have a personal vendetta against Clinton, I'm GLAD if Russia or any other state exposes the corruption that dominates American politics
    So you're fine with the idea that they hacked the RNC database and didn't put out any information concerning them even as they conviently leaked information to Wikileaks concerning the DNC (that didn't really reveal anything of note) that in huge part helped the worst of the two candidates in the election get elected. Evenmore so with the fact that the guy who won is shady on top of being corrupt?


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    (some might even say it's pro-democracy and very American of him!)
    Some of those people are dumbasses who don't know how much of corrupt and horrible individual Putin is. Or do and hypocritically don't care even as they insist other people are corrupt and horrible......like Hillary Clinton based off of partisan witch hunts and dubious information.

    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Let Belgium or the Netherlands guide the way, they're far better examples of the success of democracy and (social welfare aided) capitalist thought in the west.
    Without the economy, military might, or relevance to match.

    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    So yeah, what's the big deal? Other than being a big 'fuck off' to American elites, it's not like Russia put anything blatantly untrue in the public domain.
    Yeah it's not like their hackers passed off largely irrelevant and plain untrue information out there to the public which as mentioned had the benefit of convincing people either not to vote or vote for terrible/sub-par candidates......one of whom won. Trump won the election as clean as a shit stain in a rusted over toilet.


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    They just hacked the democrats and uncovered the filth that everyone suspected was there in the first place.
    Oh is this another "the DNC screwed over Bernie in the primaries because that's what Bernie told me eventhough he couldn't prove that's what happened in Nevada and NY (and still hasn't). Andeventhough those emails which were conveniently leaked the day of the DNC didn't actually prove Bernie's claim beyond simple consideration of the tactics that one person (who stepped down) thought about using against him to slow him down, I'm still going to believe these clearly bullshit claims".


    Oh and wikileaks put out unredacted information of people who donated money to DNC......but that's okay because the DNC shouldn't have had that information on their website and it exposed the filth of corruption right?


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Could they have exposed the republicans as well?
    Yeah if Republicans had did the right and sensible thing and stopped Trump (and Cruz). But since that didn't happen......


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Sure. But uncovering some of the truth is better than uncovering none of it, in my view.
    ....This would sense if the truth you think is the truth wasn't complete and utter bullshit designed to damage Hillary's chances. Basically you're advocating the idea of external (and internal) entities selectively and conveniently putting out false information designed to basically get someone unqualified elected to office.

    That's not a good thing dude.

    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Even if it gets us Trump, maybe this whole Russian hack thing can be a catalyst for change towards a more transparent system that can't be undermined by it's own filth.
    If you're going to discuss poltics don't do so while being so woefully and incredibly unprepared. Because what you think you know and understand you clearly don't. And I say this as someone who by my own admission knows next to nothing about Politics beyond the basics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  5. #105
    Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Italy

    Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    So you're fine with the idea that they hacked the RNC database and didn't put out any information concerning them even as they conviently leaked information to Wikileaks concerning the DNC (that didn't really reveal anything of note) that in huge part helped the worst of the two candidates in the election get elected. Evenmore so with the fact that the guy who won is shady on top of being corrupt?
    Yes, Yes I am. Disclosing part of truth is better than not disclosing any of it for the sake of 'fairness'. As long as the Russians did not fake any of the information that came out of the leaks, and didn't omit any information specifically relevant to the democratic party's leaks, it's perfectly fine. No worse than what a Fox journalist would do if presented with evidence of the Democratic Party playing Shady games with the media to win the election.

    [QUOTE]Some of those people are dumbasses who don't know how much of corrupt and horrible individual Putin is. Or do and hypocritically don't care even as they insist other people are corrupt and horrible......like Hillary Clinton based off of partisan witch hunts and dubious information.[QUOTE]

    Attacking Putin directly instead of attacking his actions is intellectually dishonest. The action of uncovering the DNC's shady dealings is not, in of itself, 'evil, or horrible, or corrupt'. It's basically journalism.

    Without the economy, military might, or relevance to match.
    But with free healthcare, a healthier and less unequal economy considering their size...


    Yeah it's not like their hackers passed off largely irrelevant and plain untrue information out there to the public which as mentioned had the benefit of convincing people either not to vote or vote for terrible/sub-par candidates......one of whom won. Trump won the election as clean as a shit stain in a rusted over toilet.
    Untrue? Can you give me any examples? If there were, then I haven't seen ANY reporting of it. And I'm sorry, but the media and the DNC colluding in an effort to push one of the candidates, to such an extent that the NYT had to apologise for failing at journalism at the end of the election is actually very relevant. The fact questions were passed to Hillary prior to the debates is VERY RELEVANT.

    And you seem to be under the impression that hacking the DNC and releasing documents via wikileaks 'magically' made people vote Trump. No, they voted Trump because they disliked Hillary and the so called 'swamp' she surrounded herself in, while believing all the lies that Trump said. You can't blame russia for dumb american people believing in Trump. Blame the dumb American people. Proving them wrong is not Russia's job.

    And if I were Putin, hell yeah I wouldn't interfere with the candidate that isn't attacking me 24/7. Yes, I'd be angry at the candidate that could possibly lead to another cold war with her constant prodding at Russia for the sake of getting on the good side of the american electorate. That's just not the kind of person you want i office if you're Russia, regardless of whether you have a 'dastardly scheme' or just want peace. Hillary is as hawkish as they get!


    Oh is this another "the DNC screwed over Bernie in the primaries because that's what Bernie told me eventhough he couldn't prove that's what happened in Nevada and NY (and still hasn't). Andeventhough those emails which were conveniently leaked the day of the DNC didn't actually prove Bernie's claim beyond simple consideration of the tactics that one person (who stepped down) thought about using against him to slow him down, I'm still going to believe these clearly bullshit claims".
    Well I'm not going as far as saying Bernie would have won, but there's certainly evidence that the DNC, which should have been impartial, was actually actively supporting Hillary for the position.

    Oh and wikileaks put out unredacted information of people who donated money to DNC......but that's okay because the DNC shouldn't have had that information on their website and it exposed the filth of corruption right?
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, sounds like you're building a straw man to me. Not exactly sure what he looks like yet. Angsty Bernie supporter who doesn't get 'the bigger picture' perhaps?


    Yeah if Republicans had did the right and sensible thing and stopped Trump (and Cruz). But since that didn't happen......
    Yeah, because it's not like Hillary's team colluded with the media to push Trump and Cruz so she would have a bigger chance of winning, given how badly those two would play out with independents, right? RIGHT? OH WAIT; THEY DID!




    ....This would sense if the truth you think is the truth wasn't complete and utter bullshit designed to damage Hillary's chances. Basically you're advocating the idea of external (and internal) entities selectively and conveniently putting out false information designed to basically get someone unqualified elected to office.

    That's not a good thing dude.
    All I'm hearing is 'your truth is wrong', the emails and the leaks were all made up, etc etc.

    Look, if you wanna point to a specific thing that was 'made up' in the leaks, go ahead. But I haven't seen any evidence of that. Closest you'll get it Pizzagate, and that's Reddit's/4chan's foul invention, ain't got nothing to do with the Russians.



    If you're going to discuss poltics don't do so while being so woefully and incredibly unprepared. Because what you think you know and understand you clearly don't. And I say this as someone who by my own admission knows next to nothing about Politics beyond the basics.
    Hmmm... no argument just ad hominem? Great. "I think you suck too", is that what you want me to say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch
    You're the kind of person that can't make the difference between "facts" and "far-righty rambling" but somehow you think you can legit talk like this. You're the Ben Shapiro of this forum
    Beautiful. Just beautiful.

  6. #106

    Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

    The leakers did in fact put out false information. They did so by truncating e-mails to either obfuscate their real meaning or make it appear as if the author was making a statement themselves when they were in fact just quoting others.

    It's quite easy to do this, and it was reported on many times throughout the election. Look it up.

    The most believable and most effective lies aren't really lies at all, they are half truths that are told in a way to cover up or mislead you about the part of the truth that was omitted.

    Also, the Russian media and Russian backed hackers and trolls did in fact create tons of fake news that dominated social media, which is unfortunately how many Americans (especially independents and low information voters) get their news in the first place. Russia did some horrible shit, and you look like a complete idiot when you defend them as if they behaved in the interest of keeping people informed.

  7. #107

    Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE


  8. #108
    Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Italy

    Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

    Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    The leakers did in fact put out false information. They did so by truncating e-mails to either obfuscate their real meaning or make it appear as if the author was making a statement themselves when they were in fact just quoting others.

    It's quite easy to do this, and it was reported on many times throughout the election. Look it up.

    The most believable and most effective lies aren't really lies at all, they are half truths that are told in a way to cover up or mislead you about the part of the truth that was omitted.

    Also, the Russian media and Russian backed hackers and trolls did in fact create tons of fake news that dominated social media, which is unfortunately how many Americans (especially independents and low information voters) get their news in the first place. Russia did some horrible shit, and you look like a complete idiot when you defend them as if they behaved in the interest of keeping people informed.
    So.. like... can you show me a link to support your claims? Is it all conjecture? I've googled it for the last 5 minutes and all I could find was Tim Kaine suggesting that some emails were doctored, without actually providing any proof that this is the case.
    I'm perfectly fine with believing that some of the emails may not be truthful, but I'm struggling to support your claims with any reliable source! Forgive me, but I have a healthy amount of skepticism for everything Tim Kaine says. Doesn't help that many of the emails have a digital signature attached that links them to the server, proving they're not fake.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    What is this trying to prove? That Republicans like the guy who helped their guy win by exposing a lot of the shady stuff the other side were doing, without exposing their side? No shit, captain obvious! The question isn't whether Putin's actions influenced the election, but whether it's right to see his actions as 'inherently wrong' because he influenced the election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch
    You're the kind of person that can't make the difference between "facts" and "far-righty rambling" but somehow you think you can legit talk like this. You're the Ben Shapiro of this forum
    Beautiful. Just beautiful.

  9. #109

    Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

    I don't have the time to find every example for you, but here's a good one:

    Dear Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin, I Am Not Sidney Blumenthal

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    It's funny how people try to pass themselves off as logical and rational by claiming to be skeptical of one politician's words while completely trusting another's.

  10. #110
    Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Italy

    Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

    Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    I don't have the time to find every example for you, but here's a good one:

    Dear Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin, I Am Not Sidney Blumenthal

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    It's funny how people try to pass themselves off as logical and rational by claiming to be skeptical of one politician's words while completely trusting another's.

    Are you referring to me? Because I'm pretty sure I don't completely trust anyone's words unless they're well substantiated with hard evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch
    You're the kind of person that can't make the difference between "facts" and "far-righty rambling" but somehow you think you can legit talk like this. You're the Ben Shapiro of this forum
    Beautiful. Just beautiful.

  11. #111

    Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Are you referring to me? Because I'm pretty sure I don't completely trust anyone's words unless they're well substantiated with hard evidence.
    But yet you believe those Wikileak emails which weren't well substantiated and given to them from people working for a government with a notorious habit of shilling propaganda for their own purposes?

    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Yes, Yes I am. Disclosing part of truth is better than not disclosing any of it for the sake of 'fairness'.
    Which is why you like the idea of hackers putting out bad information about the DNC but conveniently sitting on information relating to the RNC. In other words you support Ratfucking even when it helps a terrible candidate ascend to the presidency?


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    As long as the Russians did not fake any of the information that came out of the leaks,
    THEY FUCKING DID. How obtuse and ignorant can you be?


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    it's perfectly fine.
    Only if you're a dumb as hell Bernie Bro or Johnson/Stein supporter. Trying to justify clear and obvious political sabotage that had no benevolence guiding it.

    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    No worse than what a Fox journalist would do if presented with evidence of the Democratic Party playing Shady games with the media to win the election.
    Bad and stupid comparison.


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post

    Attacking Putin directly instead of attacking his actions is intellectually dishonest.
    Insisting that the information that Wikileaks put was 100% truth when it in fact wasn't is intellectually dishonest but you apparently don't hold yourself to the same laughable standards as you're trying to hold me to. Both Putin and his actions
    (all of them) are terrible plain and simple.


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    The action of uncovering the DNC's shady dealings is not, in of itself, 'evil, or horrible, or corrupt'. It's basically journalism.
    Journalist write stories, interview people, & investigate things.....this wasn't journalism.



    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    But with free healthcare,
    Not the only country to have this.

    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    a healthier and less unequal economy considering their size...
    But still less smaller than the U.S.,China, & other European countries.


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Untrue? Can you give me any examples? If there were, then I haven't seen ANY reporting of it.
    Because as you're clearly not aware of. The media didn't do a good of reporting it they basically ignored the flaws in the Wikileaks leaks even the convenient timing and selectively of them. But no let's just take the information as the unvarnished truth even while ignoring Russia's ties to Trump and Assange's well known dislike of Hillary Clinton.


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    And I'm sorry, but the media and the DNC colluding in an effort to push one of the candidates,
    Oh and I'm sorry but this is an issue of no real consequence.


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    to such an extent that the NYT had to apologise for failing at journalism at the end of the election is actually very relevant.
    The fact that you just insisted that Wikileaks putting out dubious information is journalism (and not apologizing for it) is irony lost on you.


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    The fact questions were passed to Hillary prior to the debates is VERY RELEVANT.
    No they're not since no one fucking cares.


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    And you seem to be under the impression that hacking the DNC and releasing documents via wikileaks 'magically' made people vote Trump.
    You seem to be under the mistaken belief that until those emails came out along with the FBI investigation that Trump was beating Hillary. Or that the DNC as a whole were engaging in malicious and egregiousness acts which those emails didn't actually prove.


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    No, they voted Trump because they disliked Hillary
    Yeah and where did this dislike stem from? Go on tell us.


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    and the so called 'swamp' she surrounded herself in,
    ....Yeah because Trump didn't have a swamp surrounding him and campaigned on the promise of draining it which he's already broken.

    Also if this is about the Clinton Foundation taking money from foreign donors....ya might want to avoid trying to set up a strawman argument, you've set up enough these as is.


    [QUOTE=AfroSamurai;3735046]while believing all the lies that Trump said.[/quote[

    And the ones Congressional Republicans and The Russians by way of Wikileaks put out.


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    You can't blame russia for dumb american people believing in Trump.
    I and other people can, have, and will continue doing so even if morons like yourself decide to give them a free pass using some of the most asinine and godawful logic imaginable.



    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Blame the dumb American people.
    Oh they're to blame too. In fact you're among them.

    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Proving them wrong is not Russia's job.
    No Russia's job is propping up Assad in Syria, giving Julian Assange a platform to fuck people over, and elevating Trump to an office he's not fit to serve in.....oh and cracking down on dissenters, journalists, and gays.


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    And if I were Putin, hell yeah I wouldn't interfere with the candidate that isn't attacking me 24/7.
    If you were Putin the smartest thing would be to stay out of the election. Along with walking back some of the very decisions that led to one of the two candidates attacking you.


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Yes, I'd be angry at the candidate that could possibly lead to another cold war with her constant prodding at Russia for the sake of getting on the good side of the american electorate.
    Please stop propagating this shitty talking point that's been dispproven multiple times and ignores Trump potentially getting us into a war either in the Middle East or with China. While pretending Russia has done nothing wrong ever over the course of the last 40 years or so.


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    That's just not the kind of person you want i office if you're Russia,
    Yeah you want the corrupt lying businessman, with ties to Putin in Office....oh wait.


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    regardless of whether you have a 'dastardly scheme' or just want peace. Hillary is as hawkish as they get!
    Yeah because Trump hasn't rattled a single cage either on the campaign trail or since the election.


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Well I'm not going as far as saying Bernie would have won, but there's certainly evidence that the DNC, which should have been impartial, was actually actively supporting Hillary for the position.
    And as has been pointed out to yo multiple timesis complete and utter bullshit that didn't serve the purpose you ignorantly think it did. Those email leaks weren't designed to cast a light on corruption or problematic behavior on the part of the DNC. It was designed to sow distrust and contempt towards them and Hillary Clinton and that's exactly what it did.


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, sounds like you're building a straw man to me. Not exactly sure what he looks like yet. Angsty Bernie supporter who doesn't get 'the bigger picture' perhaps?
    No it's just me pointing out your bad defense of Assange's and Russia's ratfucking. Apparently the snark flew over your head.


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Yeah, because it's not like Hillary's team colluded with the media to push Trump
    Trump would've likely won the nomination even without this since that's how far to the right Republicans became. Guys like Jeb, Kaisch, or Christie were seen as being too moderate so of course the Republican base didn't want them. They wanted loud mouth douchebags who like making people miserable for the most arbitrary and laziest of reasons.


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    All I'm hearing is 'your truth is wrong', the emails and the leaks were all made up, etc etc.
    Because believe or not you actually are and your terrible logic isn't helping dissuade me from this view.


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    ain't got nothing to do with the Russians.
    The DNC & RNC Hacks one of which was handed off to wikileaks to use as they saw fit? That you think was perfectly justifiable for the most retarded of reasons anyone could hope to come up with?


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Hmmm... no argument just ad hominem? Great. "I think you suck too", is that what you want me to say?
    My original ending statement was an ad-hominem the one you quoted isn't.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; December 15th, 2016 at 09:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  12. #112

    Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

    Of course it's inherently wrong are you fucking kidding me.
    It's literally international espionage that involves actual crimes committed by a head of state. Us being on the receiving end of those crimes in such a major way is utterly unprecedented and damaging to the integrity of our democratic processes. You can't very well trust anything when you know an enemy power is meddling for their own benefit.

  13. #113

    Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

    BOY, IT SURE IS GREAT THAT THE GOP GOT CONTROL OF EVERY ASPECT OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND NOT CORRUPT DEMOCRATS.

    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...governor-power
    Complicating things since 2009.

  14. #114

    Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

    Is it Cold War 2 or something like that?

  15. #115
    Colin Baker Apologist Mr. Zoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mobile

    Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

    CCC posted this in the last thread, but I figured it's worth bringing it up again. You can send an email to all the electors in the electoral college to voice your concerns about the electoral vote on the 19th:
    http://www.asktheelectors.org/

    Of course, you can argue it won't make a difference in the end, but it sure is a fine form of catharsis.


    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    What is this trying to prove? That Republicans like the guy who helped their guy win by exposing a lot of the shady stuff the other side were doing, without exposing their side? No shit, captain obvious! The question isn't whether Putin's actions influenced the election, but whether it's right to see his actions as 'inherently wrong' because he influenced the election.
    The graphic is alarming because it shows that republicans were okay with the concept of a foreign leader corrupting the election process of our country.

    Foreign leaders can voice their support to whoever they wanted in the U.S. election, but to actively interfere in the votes is a big red flag, and really concerning.
    Putin went far beyond just saying "I support Trump".

  16. #116

    Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

    Fun little story.
    Trump cries like a baby over a bad review of his restaurant in Vanity Fair, instead of, you know, taking intelligence briefings (title is misleading: of course you can guess):
    http://theslot.jezebel.com/youll-nev...van-1790140221

    "Renowned butcher Pat LaFrieda once dared me to eat an eyeball that he himself popped out of the skull of a roasted pig. That eyeball tasted better than the Trump Grill’s (Grille’s) Gold Label Burger, a Pat LaFrieda–branded short-rib burger blend molded into a sad little meat thing, sitting in the center of a massive, rapidly staling brioche bun, hiding its shame under a slice of melted orange cheese. It came with overcooked woody batons called “fries”—how can someone mess up fries?—and ketchup masquerading as Heinz."


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Zoro View Post
    CCC posted this in the last thread, but I figured it's worth bringing it up again. You can send an email to all the electors in the electoral college to voice your concerns about the electoral vote on the 19th:
    http://www.asktheelectors.org/
    Thanks for reposting!
    Agreed- definitely cathartic, and probably one of the best ways to get your name on the grand list of undesirables (and if you're not on that list already, you're doing something wrong!). My own letter didn't include the recent Russian reveals, but if any of you decide to write, be sure to hammer that point home.

    Reading through other people's letters is also comforting/cathartic, insofar as it's a faint reminder that there are still decent people in this country.
    Last edited by CCC; December 15th, 2016 at 09:48 AM.

  17. #117

    Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

    I cannot process how people can hate Hillary so much to the point they'll consider Putin a generous journalist doing us a favor.

  18. #118

    Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

    Clinton name + general misogyny + experienced politician + resting bitch face + three decades of mudslinging + she coughed, once + pizza conspiracy on facebook + Putin's enmity + admittedly shady DNC/D.W.Schultz business = perfect storm of never stood a chance, apparently

  19. #119
    Colin Baker Apologist Mr. Zoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mobile

    Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post

    Thanks for reposting!
    Agreed- definitely cathartic, and probably one of the best ways to get your name on the grand list of undesirables (and if you're not on that list already, you're doing something wrong!). My own letter didn't include the recent Russian reveals, but if any of you decide to write, be sure to hammer that point home.

    Reading through other people's letters is also comforting/cathartic, insofar as it's a faint reminder that there are still decent people in this country.
    Don't worry, I definitely made the Russian hacks a talking point in my email.
    You'll be interested to know that one of the electors who has an automated email response has updated said email response, especially in regards to the Russian hacks. (The additions are bolded)
    Hidden:

    Thank you for writing.


    I am receiving about 4,000 emails a day so I have set this to an auto-response.


    You should know that I have no interest in Hillary Clinton becoming our next President. I reject the Democratic Party principles and I reject Hillary Clinton.


    I will not do anything that will open a path for HRC to become our next President.


    There is no such thing as a national popular vote. The only vote that matters to me as a Texas Elector is the Texas vote.


    We are not a democracy, we are a republic, for good cause.


    We all have differing opinions and I respect your part in the political process, but frankly, since I am a Texas elector, the political opinions of non-Texas voters means nothing to me. I do not vote or get involved in your state, I am not sure why you are trying to interfere in mine. As an American citizen, your voice should be able to be heard by all, so I have this email address available, but I owe no duty to any non-Texan.



    Many of you think that I represent ALL Americans. This is incorrect. The U.S. Constitution specifically disqualifies any elector that works for or represents all Americans. Electors, by law, only represent the citizens of their state. Yes, my vote has consequences that affect all 50 states. But my position, by definition, does NOT represent all Americans.



    I encourage you to be active in the political process where your vote matters.
    If you emailed me regarding Russian influence in the elections, I am open to any information that is not rumor or hearsay. So far, there is no hard, objective evidence of such. If you have concrete evidence, I am interested. (No, news reports are not concrete evidence).


    Finally, I will not vote for a 3rd candidate. A 3rd candidate only opens the door for HRC to enter the White House through the House of Representatives. I will do nothing to enable HRC to become President of the United States, no matter how remote the chances are.


    Best Regards,


    Alex [Kim]



    Elector, Texas Congressional District 24



    She has quite anů interesting take on the matter. Especially when she says "I do not vote or get involved in your state, I am not sure why you are trying to interfere in mine". But what's that? Them Russians are interfering in our elections? Nah, can't be! It's a silly rumor!

    Ugh.

    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Clinton name + general misogyny + experienced politician + resting bitch face + three decades of mudslinging + she coughed, once + pizza conspiracy on facebook + Putin's enmity + admittedly shady DNC/D.W.Schultz business = perfect storm of never stood a chance, apparently
    Hey now, don't forget the spirit cooking. Gotta make this look like a fair race, after all.

  20. #120

    Default Re: American Politics thread: 1TE

    Sen. Lindsey Graham: Tillerson must say Russia hacked US to earn his confirmation vote
    http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...s-confirmation

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 6 guests)

  1. sgamer82

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts