+ Reply to Thread
Page 598 of 966 FirstFirst ... 98 498 548 588 596 597 598 599 600 608 648 698 ... LastLast
Results 11,941 to 11,960 of 19309

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

So, according to the FCC, one Barack Obama of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC 20500, favors the repeal of Net Neutrality.

To paraphrase other reactions I've seen: they aren't even trying...

"The unprecedented regulatory power the Obama Administration imposed on the internet is smothering innovation, damaging the American economy and obstructing job creation. I urge the Federal Communications Commission to end the bureaucratic regulatory overreach of the internet known as Title II and restore the bipartisan light-touch regulatory consensus that enabled the internet to flourish for more than 20 years. The plan currently under consideration at the FCC to repeal Obama's Title II power grab is a positive step forward and will help to promote a truly free and open internet for everyone."
    https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/filing/1051157755251

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    So, according to the FCC, one Barack Obama of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC 20500, favors the repeal of Net Neutrality.

To paraphrase other reactions I've seen: they aren't even trying...

When you use such arguments as insisting (as usual) that regulations are stiffling innovation and job creation. And insisting laughably that the Internet was great 20 years ago (which it wasn't) you know you're not trying to be different or new with your bullshitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

McCain is heading to Arizona for health reasons and won't be available for the tax vote. Not sure who this helps but I think it's Democrats.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    When you use such arguments as insisting (as usual) that regulations are stiffling innovation and job creation. And insisting laughably that the Internet was great 20 years ago (which it wasn't) you know you're not trying to be different or new with your bullshitting.
    I think the bigger issue is the fact that the claims they're using to justify removing net neutrality is allegedly being provided by the very person whose regulations they're opposing.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    I think the bigger issue is the fact that the claims they're using to justify removing net neutrality is allegedly being provided by the very person whose regulations they're opposing.
    Well it is a bit too obvious.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    McCain is heading to Arizona for health reasons and won't be available for the tax vote. Not sure who this helps but I think it's Democrats.
    A single tear falls from McCain's eye as he thinks of how this may have been his last chance to be Maverick(tm).

All 51 other senators already said they’re voting for it, so it doesn’t matter.

I assume if they didn't have the votes, then McCain would jet himself in to get the final vote. Something like that. While I'm sure his health is a major factor, I've seen senator's come in injured to vote before now. Heck, I think McCain was the last one, having had brain surgery earlier.

Also, I think Trump and Mnuchin have been quoted that they're " not firing Mueller," so that means there's still as much of a chance that they'll do it as yesterday. As in, we're just waiting on Trump's whims here.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3704780

Geez, I wonder where he got that idea from.

Also Ted Cruz is arguing with Mark Hamill about Star Wars.
    Last edited by Bugs; December 17th, 2017 at 05:17 PM.

They only need 50 votes because then they get a VP tie breaker. So McCain isn't needed to get to 51 for, he IS needed to vote it to make it 51 against.

And even that is assuming two other republicans also vote against it, which seems like isn't going to be the case. They're so desperate for a win they've all fallen in line.

Even the ones that voted against the Obamacare repeal earlier, even though this tax bill does the same thing and is going to screw everyone for decades to come unless it gets undone as soon as dems have a president and majority again. Except I don't think they'll be able to do the same insane 50 vote not-actually-a-majority vote thing.

Hidden:

Wow, that image was bigger than I thought it would be.

Just read somewhere an interesting theory. Mostly fanciful daydream but it would be so sweet.

Mueller will hand over the investigation to Preet Bharara the state attorney who Trump fired.
    Bharara will file RICO charges against Trump based on 2 predicates of RICO. (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act )
    Obstruction of justice and money laundering. Under state law Bharara will start by using asset forfeiture which will happen immediately after charges are filed.
    He will then charge Kushner Trump jr Sessions and Pence with collusion and obstruction.
    The asset forfeiture continues to be in effect until the trial is over.
    It wont take long for the banks that hold his loans and the forfeiture to ruin bioth Trump and Kushners business enterprises.
    This is Muellers and Bhararas end game. No pardons. No impeachment votes. This is exactly what brought down Gambino and Gotti.

They will go this route because it doesnt matter what Congress or anyone in the Republican party say or do. The longer the trial lasts the more financial ruin will happen.
    Sounds like something too good, straight out of a movie. But then, this whole year has been insane.
    Last edited by Robby; December 18th, 2017 at 03:54 AM.

Lump of Dirt

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Just read somewhere an interesting theory. Mostly fanciful daydream but it would be so sweet.

Sounds like something too good, straight out of a movie. But then, this whole year has been insane.
    Yes, that would be pretty cool if that happened! -crosses fingers-

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/une...rump-promises/

B-B-But he was supposed to save our jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

For those still interested in the Senate seating procedure: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-senate-rules/

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/une...rump-promises/

B-B-But he was supposed to save our jobs.
    The USDA Rolled Back Protections For Small Farmers. Now The Farmers Are Suing

Also the farmers are mad and betrayed. I know most rational people expected this, but I'm shocked how Trump's gotten away with campaigning like a populist and leading like a plutocrat. I think at this point only the cultists, Evangelicals, KKK, and corporations are happy.

I only hope that the Robby's theory happens. I'm sure Trump won't go down that easy, but it's a rich dream regardless.

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Meanwhile in the "lol fuck the green party" plotline, The Senate's Russia investigation is now looking into Jill Stein's campaign.

But clearly it is the Democrats who are greater evil and most corrupt.

Wow...I'm always confused when Fox's non news programs go in like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Wow...I'm always confused when Fox's non news programs go in like this.
    Different division of the mega company (Fox News is part of the NewsCorp half, The Simpsons is part of the 20th Century Fox half).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information