Closed Thread
Page 517 of 1000 FirstFirst ... 17 417 467 507 515 516 517 518 519 527 567 617 ... LastLast
Results 10,321 to 10,340 of 19996

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

‘Suicide pact’: Mattis, Tillerson and Mnuchin reportedly have a deal in case Trump votes one of them off the island

While the source is Buzzfeed, quoting a White House official, this is interesting if true. Rumor has it that three of Trump's cabinet members have formed a pact where if Trump makes a move against any of then, then they all leave. So, it seems they unionized?

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

Kinda sad that Mattis has fallen in with those other two considering he's actually pretty decent at his job. Mnuchin is morally bankrupt and the face of privilege while Tillerson is a relatively decent person (compared to the rest of Trump's Cabinet of Villains, that is) but is wholly incompetent and useless as Secretary of State.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Man who willingly tied himself to ship a piloted by a moron denies ever calling moron a moron.

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

GOP donors are getting tired of not winning

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/1...l-anger-243449
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Jeff Sessions just officially rescinded Obama administration guidance that Title VII protections covers Transgender people.

The things I want to shout from the top of my lungs aren't possible right now since I'm on lunch at work.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Hmmm I wonder why no one wants to be friends with Republicans.

In the wake of the Las Vegas shooting, the NRA is *gasp* open to a bit of regulation (not much, though).

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/05/politi...cks/index.html

The National Rifle Association announced Thursday that it supports a review of bump fire stocks to see if they are in accordance with federal law.

"The National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law," the NRA said in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations"

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    In the wake of the Las Vegas shooting, the NRA is *gasp* open to a bit of regulation (not much, though).

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/05/politi...cks/index.html
    This is basically just a distraction really, and it allows the attention that would have been given to removing restrictions on silencers (that the GOP was considering) and armor piercing rounds (I think restrictions on these are expiring). Not that getting rid of bump stocks isn't help, but it's just a sacrificial lamb.

That's exactly what it is. A distraction, a sacrifice, and something they can point to and say, 'Hey, we did something about "gun control"'.
    Everything's Eventual...

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Hmm, I wonder why nobody wants to be friends with democrats?

I mean seriously, the hypocrisy in complaining about poor inter-political relations while scapegoating the other side as the reason and painting them as 'the villain' is absurd.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post

I mean seriously, the hypocrisy in complaining about poor inter-political relations while scapegoating the other side as the reason and painting them as 'the villain' is absurd.
    Politics nowadays boils down basically to "THEIR SIDE BAD!" and not much else. I personally think this is more true of Republicans than Democrats, as nothing but "OBAMA BAD!" or "DEMOCRATS BAD!" logically explains their insistence on repealing the the Affordable Care Act despite embarrassing failure after embarrassing failure while the Democrats at least pay lip service to bipartisanship.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...l-fury-n808216

Tillerson has been summoned to the White House. It sounds like he might be in trouble?

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...l-fury-n808216

Tillerson has been summoned to the White House. It sounds like he might be in trouble?
    Gonna get fired for saying the Truth, that Trump's a moron.

Yeah I wonder why too.

There's no hypocrisy in there since Democrats overall don't generally have the same problem(s) as Republicans. Such as rolling back on policies because the poor evangelicals are being picked on.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; October 5th, 2017 at 06:38 PM.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/thats-disturbing

ticktickticktickticktickticktick
    Complicating things since 2009.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephberns...rg#.mp54860d0Y

Here's How Breitbart And Milo Smuggled Nazi and White Nationalist Ideas Into The Mainstream

In August, after*a white*nationalist rally in Charlottesville ended in murder, Steve Bannon insisted that "there's no room in American society" for neo-Nazis, neo-Confederates, and the KKK.

But an explosive cache of documents obtained by BuzzFeed News proves that there was plenty of room for those voices on his website.
    These new emails and documents, however, clearly show that Breitbart does more than tolerate the most hate-filled, racist voices of the alt-right. It thrives on them, fueling and being fueled by some of the most toxic beliefs on the political spectrum — and clearing the way for them to enter the American mainstream.

It’s a relationship illustrated most starkly by a previously unreleased April 2016 video in which Yiannopoulos sings “America the Beautiful” in a Dallas karaoke bar as admirers, including the white nationalist Richard Spencer, raise their arms in Nazi salutes.

These documents chart the Breitbart alt-right universe. They reveal how the website — and, in particular, Yiannopoulos — links the Mercer family, the billionaires who fund Breitbart, to underpaid trolls who fill it with provocative content, and to extremists striving to create a white ethnostate.
    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Remember when mega idiots were sincerely arguing that Hillary was a warmonger and Trump was the candidate of non-intervention and stability lol.

It's less absurd when you realize statistically Republicans have more opinions and mentalities that EXCLUDE others, such as immigrants, foreigners, women, LGBTQ folk, people of color, poor people...

The both sides are at fault rhetoric stops working in a political environment where one side leans heavily towards the removal and denial of civic liberties.

Closed Thread

Thread Information