Closed Thread
Page 498 of 1000 FirstFirst ... 398 448 488 496 497 498 499 500 508 548 598 998 ... LastLast
Results 9,941 to 9,960 of 19996

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

But if the Electoral College is somehow Republican-biased, isn't that a very good reason to abolish it?

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    But if the Electoral College is somehow Republican-biased, isn't that a very good reason to abolish it?
    It's also the reason it won't be abolished in the forseeable future.

Also, if the electoral college wasn't there and every vote counted, voter participation would probably rise. There's no real way to know for sure, but it seems like if people thought their vote mattered they might try a little harder.

Yeah but the republicans like it because its the only way they win. Two out of the last three presidents have been picked by the skew it gives. ANd as long as they have any power its not going anywhere.

See also current Gerrymandering.

That's one of the worst side effects of the electoral college. It contributes to voter apathy.

Because it really, really does make a lot of people feel like their vote doesn't matter.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monkey D. View Post
    This is the greatest decision the Trump administration has made in its entire run!

Deciding to keep doing what the Obama administration was already doing.
    Everything's Eventual...

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Holy shit Trump's been blue-pilled. I think this warrants a thread-name change. Just wtf.
    Last edited by AfroSamurai; September 16th, 2017 at 02:10 PM.

I guess they finally got Trump off the drugs.

wat

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post

wat
    Someone should really edit clips of the Trump administration into a proper reality show.

Last edited by onemoment; September 16th, 2017 at 02:45 PM. Reason: What is happening.

Lmao, next thing will be the wall getting demolished

Lmao, next thing will be the wall getting demolished
    Hard to demolish something that doesn't yet exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Lump of Dirt

Wow, Trump is actually trying to do some good for once. I guess his ego was so crushed, with the approval rating of his, that he wants people to like him. That's just a theory anyway. Maybe he can get us universal healthcare if he keeps going on this route, among other things like a higher minimum wage for example. It is wishful thinking anyway.

And speaking of the electoral college, I wonder if by calling our senators, we can convince them to change the voting system, or even change how the electoral college runs, like for example, instead of winner take all, it will be split fairly on who voted for who. What do you all think about my idea of contacting our representatives on changing the system?

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekila View Post
    And speaking of the electoral college, I wonder if by calling our senators, we can convince them to change the voting system, or even change how the electoral college runs, like for example, instead of winner take all, it will be split fairly on who voted for who. What do you all think about my idea of contacting our representatives on changing the system?
    Extremely unlikely. A fair number of Democrats already loathe the Electoral College and would love to have it abolished, but Republicans are clearly incentivized to keep it. And splitting an individual state's delegates by percentage basically just damages the ruling party there. It's possible it could happen in some of the purple states like Pennsylvania but if, say, California did that we'd just be handing Republicans 20 more delegates.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    Extremely unlikely. A fair number of Democrats already loathe the Electoral College and would love to have it abolished, but Republicans are clearly incentivized to keep it. And splitting an individual state's delegates by percentage basically just damages the ruling party there. It's possible it could happen in some of the purple states like Pennsylvania but if, say, California did that we'd just be handing Republicans 20 more delegates.
    It'd be hilarious is Trump ran on eliminating the electoral college. Just to be even more an outsider. He'd probably get a lot of democratic votes if he did.

Lump of Dirt

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    Oh, I see. I did not know that splitting the votes could cause trouble for Democrats. I was thinking of fairness. So, obviously, the best way to change it, is to abolish it, and have a brand new system in place instead.

And I see about the representatives... bleh, but maybe once Democrats take control of Congress and the presidency, there can be some changes made then.

Anyways, thank you for your input on the subject! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Hard to demolish something that doesn't yet exist.
    We have short sections of wall that predate Trump. He could demolish those.

"Rocket Man"

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

For context folks, "Rocket Man" is Kim Jong Un.

You know, the pissy guy with the nukes THAT WE REALLY SHOULDN'T BE TAUNTING LEST HE BLOW SHIT UP.

The worst part is I don't think it's even an insult, I think Trump can't remember his name.

We're going to start nuclear war over this of all things.

Closed Thread

Thread Information