+ Reply to Thread
Page 408 of 448 FirstFirst ... 308 358 398 406 407 408 409 410 418 ... LastLast
Results 8,141 to 8,160 of 8942

Thread: American Politics thread: Thanks, Putin

Default Re: American Politics thread: Thanks, Putin

There's no doubt in my mind Trump issued that statement thinking it would be best to remain "neutral" because he doesn't have the capacity to properly address this situation as a leader nor would he he even want to because it might upset his base.
    Everything's Eventual...

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    Why was this so hard for Trump. Every politician knew what to do, but he struggled.
    Because that would require him to have some sort of empathy, which he lacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Umm...I'm just curious what minority you think I am.
    He's talking about these white supremacists are themselves a minority among white people. Them being a minority complaining about other minorities (blacks, hispanics, asians, etc...) is what he finds funny.

For whatever reason.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    He's talking about these white supremacists are themselves a minority among white people. Them being a minority complaining about other minorities (blacks, hispanics, asians, etc...) is what he finds funny.

For whatever reason.
    Oh, whoops. Totally misunderstood him. Thanks.

When Donald Trump meets a white supremacist

Ted Cruz Statement:

Seriously, Trump failed to pass the lowest bar in being unable to call out neo-nazis and white supremacy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    When Donald Trump meets a white supremacist

http://i.imgur.com/NjWl70f.jpg
    https://mobile.twitter.com/DrDavidDu...31991821926401

He better recognize.
    Everything's Eventual...

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

I don't think Trump is aware of how racist is himself.

I never though I'd see Ted Cruz calling white supremacists domestic terrorists.

Not that I think he'll actually do anything to urge the DOJ to look into this beyond his statement, but still I'm shocked that even he made that statement.

Not surprised about Trump's reaction. Really hope this gets brought up in his first townhall, assuming he gets to the 2020 election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

President Obama does what former Celebrity Apprentice host Trump did not.

http://deadline.com/2017/08/barack-o...st-1202147755/

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    I never though I'd see Ted Cruz calling white supremacists domestic terrorists.
    Even the lowest form of reptile has a self-preservation instinct.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Dear President Trump,

You had the opportunity to finally say out loud that you do not support the Alt Right, white nationalists, the KKK, and all other hate groups. Instead you simply said, "There is hate on both sides."

No there isn't. There is hate on the side of the hate groups.

You missed the opportunity that you really needed to actually call these people out for what they are.

The one thing you could have done to put a stop to people that are empowered by you.

You had the opportunity and you purposely did not use it.

"on many sides"

Literal Nazis on American soil are killing people today and even then Trump can't bring himself to pick a side.

Because we know which one he's really on.
    Stephen Miller, Bannon, and this odious and under mentioned peer of theirs, are no doubt whispering poison in his dumbassed ears..
    Read up on that book, Camp of the Saints, that not just her but Bannon has talked up.
    It's horrifically racist in the worst regards.

With what is happening now the demand should be that all three of them be tossed out of his White House ass up into a dumpster. But of course that would mean they weren't essentially part of the Emperor's clothing.

i flew out to go to disneyland earlier this week thinking we were all about to die in nuclear war, and when i came back, my trip was neatly bookended with a fucking Nazi Uprising

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    i flew out to go to disneyland earlier this week thinking we were all about to die in nuclear war, and when i came back, my trip was neatly bookended with a fucking Nazi Uprising
    You retire for one week and the whole country goes to shit (more so than it already was). Get back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    You retire for one week and the whole country goes to shit (more so than it already was). Get back to work!

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    That also happened to Toph when she retired, it wasn't a nuclear weapon but as close as you can get in a children's cartoon.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    You're joking right?
    I mean even if we're doing that thing where Latin America is randomly left out of the running, I'm sure the Brits and others are going to "BWUH??" over this.
    Here is nationalist-MonkeyKing back again doing backflips and eventually PROVING why the US is like western Europe. Always ready to re-think concepts such as "western world" when it doesn't please him. But okay, I'll try answering this by : Latin America isn't in it because the US, Canada and western Europe don't feel like it (might as well add Israel I guess).
    Why is NATO --spreading to the east and-- not getting any new members in Latin America ? Why is North-America having "issues" with their southerners (LatinAmerica) but western European countries don't have issues with other western European populations ?
    And there is also the economical point (among many other points), even though the middle-class is starting to look like the west, it's still not enough.
    But yeah I guess LatinAmerica "is" christian and has a comparable middle-class with the northerners (also other cultural things because Amerrikka soft-power).

And well, no the UK isn't close to be the US even though they have issues too. Tension and violence in the US isn't just about left/right but also between "communities" -->> communitarianism (edit: just checked and it seems it's not a very used word in the US). There might be similarities due to the liberal way of freedom of speech granting people to say BS everywhere. But I don't know if people are crashing protesters with cars there too. I mean, it's not the first time a racist drives into an anti-racist rally in the US, also things like punching a "libtard reporter" and getting a standing ovation and getting elected because "fuck everything that is not very much reactionary" (also yeah, the right in the UK isn't reactionary like the US). And there are also things like Berkeley and anti-white racism that exists in the US.
    As for France, I don't have any memories of racists driving into anti-racist protesters (not that anti-racism protest is really a thing here.).

But let's really think about it, why the US hasn't just dived into civil war yet ? (if you take civil-war as a too-much-SJW word, then let's just say "why isn't it a bigger fuck up than it is now?" ). Unless you believe the US is one and united and BS, the other reason (the first one was nationalism) is probably because of the "50%" that do not move their ass to vote. It's a very apolitical country. Half of the population just doesn't care about anything. Half of the planet could be wiped out of the earth, they would't give a crap unless their comfort is threatened. It seems it's an issue Obama understood and that's why after the election he said all those big words about him going to incite young people FROM NOW ON to do political things like joining an association or voting because it's the only WESTERN country whose half of the population is not voting.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

oh, that's interesting.
    It seems the nazis just dressed like Trump.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Nilitch; August 13th, 2017 at 04:39 AM.
    RICK AND MORTY SEASON 3 EPISODE 2 IS OUT !!!!!

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Do you really have to ask? Trump's more in line with the thinking of those people at the neo-nazi rally, and he doesn't want to risk losing approval rate with his main supporters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    He clearly went off-script in that; you can tell by how he repeated the phrase "many sides".
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Simple because he's not a politician and he's shown a willingness only to criticize people who criticize him "unfairly".
    Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Because that would require him to have some sort of empathy, which he lacks.
    I know all this to an extent, and you're right, but seeing Trump fail in this instance is depressing. Aside from the normal reasons why this is horrible, I'm sad that Trump is just so weird. A normal person should know how to act in this situation. Trump isn't normal, and it really shows here. I wish we had a "normal" President right now.

Hell, even Ivanka sent a decent message out. Trump has no excuse.

https://twitter.com/YesYoureRacist

is identifying and naming the wannabe nazis. So far they've gotten one of them fired.

I wonder how he is identifying them.
    And, can people be fired because they're nazis ?
    RICK AND MORTY SEASON 3 EPISODE 2 IS OUT !!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information