• Dogs

33 36.67%
  • Cats

44 48.89%
  • Goats

13 14.44%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cats Vs Dog: Why don't people understand cats and dogs are not as great as goats

Default Cats Vs Dog: Why don't people understand cats and dogs are not as great as goats

So we all had fun with talking about if Smooth or Crunchy Peanut Butter is better, but now time for the hard hitting question. Which do you prefer, Cats or Dogs? There is no argument that Dogs are indeed the superior pet but what do you like about dogs, or for you cat lovers why are you so misguided to believe cats are a good pet?

As for me, there is nothing better than coming home, either after being gone for so long or just a tiring day to have that furry little family member come up to you with its tail wagging to greet you so excitedly. Not only that it gets you motivated to get some more walking in your life by taking it for a walk each day. Last but not least you can just be stressed out but one look at your dog and you feel better suddenly. Look at this picture and tell me you don't feel less stressed already.

Spoiler:

As for common arguments against Dogs, I'll answer a few of them right now.

You have to pick up their poop: God forbid you actually have to do work for your pet. Plus at least they will go outside instead of it building up in a litter box that is inside the house.

They are too needy: Perhaps when you first arrive home they act that way, but they will calm down. If not then the owners just aren't getting them exercise to let them lose that excess energy

They beg too much: Well if you don't feed them table scraps they'll eventually get the idea that it doesn't work and just leave you alone

They lick your faces when you don't want to: Once again, a little discipline goes a long way. Plus I prefer that over Cats going wherever they please because they think they are the gift to human kind.

I look forward to seeing what people have to say, and I will totally not judge you based on your preference

Default Re: Cats Vs Dog: Why don't people understand Dogs are just the better pet?

i think some dogs are beyond training. and i'd rather deal with a poop box over picking poop off the ground. I don't hate dogs, but I don't want to deal with them. I like company but I want my own space. Not bowwing down to the constant needs of a dog. I like that cats are affectionete but will fend for themselves too.

Default Re: Cats Vs Dog: Why don't people understand Dogs are just the better pet?

I always were a dog's kids, I remember in 1999 I won my first dog, Mulan, she was a brown dachshund, I knew I could always trust her when I had a bad day in school, I just had to come home and there she was, ready to play with me, she was comforting and trustworthy.

About cats, I always had a apprehension with them, like I shouldn't touch them, my grandma had one, one time when I was at her house, I was accustomed to dog's licks, when her cat licked me I was:

- What is this horrible experience ????????? Why there is sand paper being rubbed on my arm ?
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Cats.
    Never met a single dog that was remotely tolerable.
    Maybe I could shape one into the ideal non-begging non-stinky non-jumpy non-shedding non-slobbering non-barking non-humping non-making-me-pick-up-poop non-all-around-obnoxious form if I could train it from birth and/or manipulate its DNA, but as it is, 100% of the dogs I meet are not mine and are always goddamn awful because their owners don't give a shit if their little pookie snookums bothers other people ("Oh, he's just playing. He doesn't know any better. Don't get mad. What, don't you have a soul?" said my in-laws, literally, at Thanksgiving). Like football, owning dogs is this intense American pastime whose appeal I will never understand.

Cats just leave you alone or sit next to you quietly by default, which is all I'd ever ask for in a pet.

dog smell

The Old Lapras and the Sea Kubihige's Avatar

Why are cats winning?

Dogs are superior in every way. They even make better memes.
    3DS FC: 3969-4669-8685

Cats erry day all day.

Argument gets muddled if we are talking about pugs, though.

I think the opening post shows bias.

I love dogs. But cats are cool too. They're different and they do different things. I've had my share of both, at least a dozen of each, and loved them all.

Dogs might show more energetic affection that's easier to see and understand, while cats can be more aloof, but both show affection in their own ways. Dogs tend to be way more active and need more company, while cats can take care of themselves and do okay on their own. I think its cruel to have a dog in an apartment, especially if you have a job that means no one is in the house for half the day. But a single cat would do okay.

Also, cats are basically *born* litter trained. Dogs have to be taught and housebroken... and even after they can and still make messes.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    dog smell
    yes, dog gross

i like dogs from distance, other people as owners and handlers, but go away dog i no pet you, please go
    cat cleans self and smells good

Im pretty sure it's more than just the post that's bia... er I mean what you talking about Robby

Quote Originally Posted by Kubihige View Post
    Why are cats winning?
    Welcome to the internet heheheh

The Old Lapras and the Sea Kubihige's Avatar

I do like cats too. I had three of my own at one point and loved them to death, but now that I'm living wth three cats that aren't my babies it really makes me miss having dogs around. It's harder to connect with cats, and they JUST. DON'T. LISTEN.
    3DS FC: 3969-4669-8685

Dogs are okay part of the time. But people that don't take the time to train them make them unbearable. Cats can be just as loving as dogs. I would probably have a dog but I work, live in an apartment and have
    a long commute. I just don't have time and space for such a high maintenance animal right now.

Yay cats are winning. Guardian animals of the interrnet lol.

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

Cats. Cats are a challenge while dogs shower you with affection for the smallest things. Plus cats are cleverer.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

I love cats literally to death because their cat molecules can and will kill me, but I don't care :) I do recognize they can be difficult, but they're worth it <3 some of my fondest memories are about cats. If my body allowed me to be a crazy cat lady I probably would be.

Just today I was telling my husband that I probably would have pursued a career in the veterinary field if I wasn't allergic, and he was like, "Noooo you'd be taking home every cat that's not getting adopted!" So true :')

I like dogs from a distance. They're adorable and the way they communicate through their tails is hilarious, but I don't want the licking and jumping and .. that. I've only ever really loved one dog, my sister's, that knows that I don't like excitable dog face so she just calmly sticks her head on my lap and stares up at me. Aw, dog.

I VOTED FOR CATS.
    Hidden:

Dogs are best. They're smart and social, they've evolved with people. The perfect companions. Training is incredibly easy after the early stages, eventually you don't even have to give them treats to make them listen.

Cats are fine, I've had many. But they can be real assholes.

And a dog won't eat your face if you die and no one comes to check on you for a while. Cats will eat your cold corpse when they get hungry.

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    And a dog won't eat your face if you die and no one comes to check on you for a while. Cats will eat your cold corpse when they get hungry.
    Both cats and dogs will eat you if you're dead and they have no other food source. Cats are admittedly likely to start nibbling a little earlier though.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    Both cats and dogs will eat you if you're dead and they have no other food source. Cats are admittedly likely to start nibbling a little earlier though.
    Eh, I've heard that well trained dogs are more likely to mourn and starve to death than start eating their owners.

Well this thread just took a morbid turn xD
    Hidden:

I am currently cuddled with both a dog and cat right now and there's no both option

I feel discriminated against I want immediate action to fix this gross oversight

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information