• Dogs

33 36.67%
  • Cats

44 48.89%
  • Goats

13 14.44%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Cats Vs Dog: Why don't people understand cats and dogs are not as great as goats

Default Re: Cats Vs Dog: Why don't people understand Dogs are just the better pet?

Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    There are no stupid dogs. Just poorly trained ones.
    Oh yea?

Check AND Mate

Default Re: Cats Vs Dog: Why don't people understand Dogs are just the better pet?

Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    Neediness is a sign of intelligence. The neediest animals are humans.
    I don't understand. Why did you just make a claim and then immediately argue against it?

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Bear View Post
    I don't understand. Why did you just make a claim and then immediately argue against it?
    Hey, hey, easy there Panda Bear. I think we can agree that human stupidity is just like dog stupidity - a learned problem.

Everyone is stupid. Everything is stupid. Except the goat.

The goat is what produces intelligence in the worthy, and retrieves it from the wicked. In comparison to the goat, all is stupid.

Vote goat.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

I don't trust animals that break the laws of physics.

Dogs are real pals, but are really high maintenance. They are great to have as a kid. Not so much as an adult that has way too many things to do and isn't economically stable.

Cats are... cats.

The answer here is either bunnies or frilled necked lizards. Both would be an ideal pet if it wasn't for my location, and inability to keep a habitat with the right temperature.

The Old Lapras and the Sea Kubihige's Avatar

What I don't get is why you people keep saying that dogs smell like smelling beautiful is a bad thing. It's not like cats are odorless either.
    3DS FC: 3969-4669-8685

A lot of people saying dogs are this and cats are that...few things are universally true in my experience. Two of my three cats are incredibly needy. My dog wasn't; she loved to get attention but she was very independent and never demanded it (she was a border collie, she had work to do, that she imagined for herself). She was only smelly after a genetic skin condition kicked in when she got older. Two of my three cats are smart, one is dumb as a rock. He's super sweet, though. He is sometimes stinky.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    Dogs are real pals, but are really high maintenance. They are great to have as a kid. Not so much as an adult that has way too many things to do and isn't economically stable.

Cats are... cats.

The answer here is either bunnies or frilled necked lizards. Both would be an ideal pet if it wasn't for my location, and inability to keep a habitat with the right temperature.
    Okay bunnies are obvious, but I want to know how this preference came about.
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    Okay bunnies are obvious, but I want to know how this preference came about.
    Frilled necked lizards are just the closest thing to a mini dinosaur for me, so there.

I really love both, but if you force me to pick one with a gun to my head I will say dogs. I've dealt with dogs way more and I've never seen their attention seeking as bothersome. Seeing a dog anywhere at any time instantly cheers me up and I love my friends' dogs to death.

That being said, cats are really great, too. I've had the pleasure of knowing three incredibly friendly and affectionate cats and they were awesome. I wish I wasn't so allergic to cats. I'd love to have both cats and dogs in my lifetime, but what can ya do. (Then again, I used to be slightly allergic to dogs too but got rid of it by working at a dog kennel for half a year.)

When it comes to pet owners though... Yeah, sure, there are "crazy cat ladies" and the like, but man, some dog owners can be beyond stupid. They humanize their dogs to a point where the dogs can do whatever they want and I will admit that badly behaved dogs annoy me, even if it's not their fault. When my two best friends, a couple, got their first dog, they had the luxury of an entire summer vacation to train her properly. Now she's super chill and will leave you alone if you want. When they got their second dog, they didn't get to arrange nearly as much time for puppy training and boy, he's a mess. It's even worse now that they have a baby and even less time or energy to focus on a dog that jumps against you, pulls on a leash, screams when hungry or lonely, will get in your face to lick you whenever you sit down and eats your stuff if you're not careful. Well, at least my friends KNOW they have neglected his training so they're not oblivious.

Also, when I get my own dog someday, I'm not getting a puppy. I'd rather rescue an older dog. Puppies are really friggin' cute, but I just know I wouldn't have the patience to deal with the pissing, pooping, biting and destroying. (Though I do recognize that it would be up to me to make sure that they become well-behaved as soon as possible.)

Ya know what though. You don't need to train cats. ( I suppose that could be bad as well)

I think both cats and dogs have their perks and drawbacks. But one thing is certain - a dog has neverending love for you.

The lack of rabbits on the poll is an affront against common sense, decency, and all things good and moral. Is Arlong Park a democracy or is it a sham? After all, dogs and cats are the same animal. Both of them are part of the order Carnivora. Both love to be petted. Both have padded paws. Both have to be neutered when you get them. Clearly, there is no difference between either party.

I demand that the poll be restarted and corrected.

On the other hand, I do like goats.

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisJ View Post
    I think both cats and dogs have their perks and drawbacks. But one thing is certain - a dog has neverending love for you.
    eh.. Well there are some dogs that will keep coming back. Even after abuse. That doesn't win me over either.

Quote Originally Posted by captain usopp View Post
    Ya know what though. You don't need to train cats. ( I suppose that could be bad as well)
    Yes, sometimes you do, if you want a cat that isn't poorly behaved asshole. This is why some people think all cats suck. There is an assumption that all people must train their dogs and nobody trains their cats. Most cats are born litter trained, but not all are. Some are naturally really mellow, but others are high strung and obstinate. I found my cat Ziggy as a feral kitten and he was crazy for a few months, but he became the sweetest cat I've ever had. Mr. Bell was trained to like having his nails trimmed in exchange for treats. Sadie is kind of untrainable, though. She is that stereotypical, independent, moody, stubborn cat.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

It's great to see how well the goats are doing! I'm just bummed that they weren't on the poll yet when I voted.
    Hidden:

How are cats beating dogs?!?!
    Grr

How can you say anything bad about this?

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information