+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 847 - Luffy and Big Mom

Default Re: Chapter 847 - Luffy and Big Mom

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I feel stupid I didn't relate the giants thing with Lola's marriage. The only thing I thought at the moment was that Big Mom could be a very small giant herself, or a giant-dwarf hybrid (imagine the conception), and because of her small size she was always despised by the other giants.
    She did say her dream was to have dinner with every race 'at eye level'. So you could have something there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    The only reason why the Straw Hats still have a prayer is because Sanji arranged their safekeeping. Otherwise Luffy and Nami would probably be floating on their bellies in a juice river instead of getting ready for a zoobreak.
    Jinbe could've intervene there, y'know.

I suppose Hell will be upon us in the moment of opening the Tamatebako and Brook would surely face Lin Lin personally, i'm gotta love that moment.

Btw, great hint in this chapter: 'what's on the outside doesn't matter in the end'
    Year of Sanji xD
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    I'm sure that was the bad translation, the real one said something like " he can even destroy some fortress with his punch".
    It's real (from viz):
    Spoiler:

Don't see the problem. Zoro could kill a Yonkou if he aimed his slash at their neck and it connected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Never thought I would have the honour.

https://mangastream.com/r/one_piece/847/3831/1
    Dang I haven't gotten a chance to do it yet. Thanks for the post regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Of course I'm talking about the officers not the random foot soldiers which I doubt Dofly know the names of.
    As in his four elite officers and his brother. And even that is a maybe.

He showed something that resembles care for them, to whatever level he was capable of it.

But love might be a stretch. But that was probably the closest thing Doffy had that resembled love

Quote Originally Posted by madriano View Post
    It will grow back as soon as he eats some meat.
    Probably, it's just weird that it's lasted this long.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    It's really weird that there's not a single giant on Totland, no matter how you look at it. They've been showing up on most unexpected places and for a land with so many different creatures it seems almost impossible that there are no giants. It's almost like there's intent from the giants' side.
    For example, if the king of giants wanted to marry Lola and she refused after everything was already arranged, the giants side might have taken it as an absolute insult. As a result, no giant would ever go to Totland or have any business with BM pirates, either by something by king's decree or by each giant's own volition, seeing how their warrior pride might call for it. Just a thought.
    Considering there is more than one tribe of giants and there's plenty in many places and position, I would find it strange if the intent was from Giants rather than Big Mom. At least there should be one in the book.

Why are they keeping all those creatures closed in books? Why is one weird creature allowed to live freely on Totland and another one isn't? What are they being kept for?
    My understanding was that rare ones are kept in the book so they don't dissapear(natural death or killed).

It can't hurt to bolster her forces with unspecified number of warrior giants.

But yeah, I don't think she would be that sure she'd obliterate everyone if it was only giants fighting for her. Maybe they do have some special skills (like what Dorry and Broggy did to send Merry flying) or maybe there's something else about Elbaf. Then again maybe it's unrelated to giants all together.
    As you say it's her certainty that makes me doubt it's the giants.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    Haha, no he didn't.
    We disagree.
    He "loved" them in the same way as he "loved" his father and brother.
    Doubt he loved his father considering he held him responsible for the misery of his family.
    As convenient tools to accomplish his desires and should they no longer be convenient then he had no problem remorselessly killing them in cold blood without hesitation.
    Pretty sure he was shown upset to have to lose both Monet and Vergo, while being alone in his room.
    He never loved anything but himself. At best he views others as a means to further that narcissism.
    We disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukusho View Post
    Dang I haven't gotten a chance to do it yet. Thanks for the post regardless.
    Slow morning? First I linked Hero Academia chapter, and then a couple of minutes later I accidentally see OP on MS. Even waited a couple of minutes to see if new thread appears.

And I was at work. Don't judge me, I wasn't that busy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    As in his four elite officers and his brother. And even that is a maybe.

He showed something that resembles care for them, to whatever level he was capable of it.

But love might be a stretch. But that was probably the closest thing Doffy had that resembled love
    From the Vergo to the Sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I thought that too, but I was recently re-reading Jaya and noticed that it's not the first time abnormal human height has been remarked.

it was definitely mentioned in the early part of ennies lobby when the karakari destroyers remarked on their size compared to the giants, or maybe the opposite way but Im sure someone mentioned it
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Speaking on the matter, who might be those newlyweds?

Spoiler:

Perhaps Shanks will conquer the seas before anyone.
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

From the Vergo to the Sugar.
    We know from Rosinante that only the four elite officers and him knew the "true" Doffy.

The others only interact with, and know, his outward persona. That's how i'm reading it.

And Sugar especially just screams Law to me, he cares about his asset, what it can do for him. Not the person.

Quote Originally Posted by YonkouProductions View Post
    Worked on it again.

Any translators interested, PM me.

http://yonkouprod.com/one-piece-chapter-847/
    Whats with mangastream using ribbit, bubble makes a lot more sense
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Moria was thinking a team of an army of zombies. Meaning an army which doesn't feel pain, cannot die and can fight almost endlessly. Oars had much better move than any giants or big human. And that was just with Luffy's shadow. With a Moriah taking on the new world he could have increasingly equip his zombies with better shadows, includiing Oars.
    Like I mentioned with Wolfwood, it's a cool plan. But it falls apart because of Moria's arrogance, laziness, and weakness being the weakest link, ironically. Still sounds smarter than an army of Giants, but not knowing a lot about Elbaf and their power structure makes that a rash presumption. Especially when they may have Haki training and Devil Fruits. And who knowd how powerful the leader is. If the Minks turned out impressive enough to have leaders going toe-toe with Yonko Comnanders, then the "God of Elbaf" will certainly be something.

Dunno, Oars still seem pretty ideal for the task. Assuming that Kaido is the kind of brute force guy who gladly gets into trading blows, a Moriah driven Oars is in a pretty good situation. He's strong enough to make more than a dent, sturdy enough to brush of a couple of punches, but most he can dodge via shadow manipulation, and Moriah can coat him with his ambition for further protection. He's virtually tireless and doesn't require micro-management to go wild, leaving Moriah free to strike with his shadow spear, block blows with his bats or even some form of shadow asgard. His use Oars to fuck with Kaido scheme is one of, if not the, least dumb idea an OP villain has had.

Yeah Moriah himself is probably the weakest link in his own plan. Must be a harsh thing to realize.

And he could've gotten better shadows. But i can't help but wonder what his general zombies would've amounted too.

Y'know if Oars hadn't stepped on every last one of them.
    I don't know if I would exactly place high bets on the pirate captain whose treasure somebody as comedic as Buggy keep mentioning. Although that would certainly be a lovely twist.

A Moriah-driven Oars is certainly a pretty good situation. Especially if Kaido is oriented towards brute strength. Except... Nightmare Luffy existed. Who absolutely throttled Oars. Alone. With Moria inside. Considering how post-timeskip Luffy could probably replicate Nightmare Luffy's strength alone, Oars is not going to be more than a mild annoyance for the likes of Kaido regardless of if he's "invulnerable". But if Moria plays his cards right, maybe, just mayyyyyyyyybeeeeeeeeeee, he can use Oars and the zombie army as distractions while making use of his shadow teleporting to take Kaido's shadow to knock him out and leave him out in the sunrise. But that any chance of that falls apart if even one or two Calamities are around. Or if Moria's still a lazyass like pre-timeskip and keeps bragging about how "invincible" his soldiers are.
    Last edited by Count Mario; November 24th, 2016 at 04:05 PM.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

A Moriah-driven Oars is certainly a pretty good situation. Especially if Kaido is oriented towards brute strength. Except... Nightmare Luffy existed. Who absolutely throttled Oars. Alone. With Moria inside. Considering how post-timeskip Luffy could probably replicate Nightmare Luffy's strength alone, Oars is not going to be more than a mild annoyance for the likes of Kaido regardless of if he's "invulnerable". But if Moria plays his cards right, maybe, just mayyyyyyyyybeeeeeeeeeee, he can use Oars and the zombie army as distractions while making use of his shadow teleporting to take Kaido's shadow to knock him out and leave him out in the sunrise. But that any chance of that falls apart if even one or two Calamities are around. Or if Moria's still a lazyass like pre-timeskip and keeps bragging about how "invincible" his soldiers are.
    Different beast though. Luffy, nightmare or otherwise, is a tiny speedster. Unless Kaido pulls a game changer on us and ends up as an agile speed fighter.

And even then nightmare Luffy never could beatdown Oars. If not for Chopper's understanding of the body, he'd just keep getting up.

Like I mentioned with Wolfwood, it's a cool plan. But it falls apart because of Moria's arrogance, laziness, and weakness being the weakest link, ironically. Still sounds smarter than an army of Giants, but not knowing a lot about Elbaf and their power structure makes that a rash presumption.
    I am not saying it's guarenteed win but that it seems viable. Dude is unbeateable with a large army. I get an army of undead wich strength is even better than their original. It's the certainty in Big Mom's assertion that makes me think it has to be another thing than giants. She is talking toppling all the other yonkos with it.

I really think you vastly underestimate nightmare Luffy. Anyway the strength of the zombies are variable as in he can find stronger and faster shadow for oars and the rest. Look how much better Brook shadow was than the original. Basically it's viable while Big Mom's certainty makes the giants theory dubious.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Different beast though. Luffy, nightmare or otherwise, is a tiny speedster. Unless Kaido pulls a game changer on us and ends up as an agile speed fighter.

And even then nightmare Luffy never could beatdown Oars. If not for Chopper's understanding of the body, he'd just keep getting up.
    I expect Kaido to be somewhat agile if Oda wants us to take him more seriously than Oars or other Giants. Not Luffy fast, but still tolerable. It's easy to judge size, but Kuma and Jimbei have both been impressive speed-wise (the latter ironically ahowed that off against Moria after being callef "huge" lol). Of course, comparing them to a Giant is still a stretch. Besides that, if Kaido does have a Zoan, then his other forms could make up for his other stats in comparison to his Giant form's emphasis on power. Not to mention flight, since he did mysteriously show up on a Sky Island. But this is all just based on predictions though, you still have the more sound argument by relying on actual feats.

Eh. If Kaido really did "boil" Oden to a crisp, which was probably done in a Dragon Zoan form, then I don't see why a bloated corpse like Oars would be able to sustain that much heat. Especially if it's comparable to Akainu burning off flesh and leaving scars left and right.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

I expect Kaido to be somewhat agile if Oda wants us to take him more seriously than Oars or other Giants. Not Luffy fast, but still tolerable. It's easy to judge size, but Kuma and Jimbei have both been impressive speed-wise (the latter ironically ahowed that off against Moria after being callef "huge" lol). Of course, comparing them to a Giant is still a stretch. Besides that, if Kaido does have a Zoan, then his other forms could make up for his other stats in comparison to his Giant form's emphasis on power. Not to mention flight, since he did mysteriously show up on a Sky Island. But this is all just based on predictions though, you still have the more sound argument by relying on actual feats.
    Somewhat agile yeah, but probably not as agile as a body powered by Luffy, and amplified by shadow manipulation. Oars was freakishly maneuverable for his size. And Oars physical power is at a baseline atleast 4 times as great as an average giant, based on size difference alone. Probably even greater since he's nicknamed the continent puller. One should also keep in mind that this body was handpicked for one purpose by a guy who knows exactly what Kaido is capable of. From that information we could surmise that Kaido is a brawler, and the title strongest beast is one that is quite literal, and one Moriah intended to challenge with an equally strong beast

Eh. If Kaido really did "boil" Oden to a crisp, which was probably done in a Dragon Zoan form, then I don't see why a bloated corpse like Oars would be able to sustain that much heat. Especially if it's comparable to Akainu burning off flesh and leaving scars left and right.
    He could sear his entire exterior crisp black, but the zombie still doesn't feel it, or take damage from it.

Short of actually melting of his body parts whole sale, there's not alot of damage it can do.

So I call now that Brownbeard is in one of those books and when those books-jails are destroyed and liberated, all the monsters and animals there will form the MONSTER FLEET for Luffy with Brownbeard as captain to help fight Kaidou (and be part of his Grand Fleet).

I call it now!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information