+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 1350

Thread: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

  1. #141

    Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Shobu Yoruichi View Post
    A novel about Ace? and i'm getting breaks while some trying to create things from the crapiest character of the series?
    Seriously Oda, just don't focus on it.
    We doesn't have time for the novel.

  2. #142

    Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

    Where did you get the idea that Oda is writing the novel?

    Nobody is forcing you to read it, bub.

  3. #143

    Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

    Weekly Shonen Jump #07/2017 HQ scans.



  4. #144

    Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

    Thank you Redon!

  5. #145

    Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

    According to today's editor's tweet, recent TV news has reported that the number of Doflamingo-styled girls in Japan is increasing, which even surprises Oda.
    https://togetter.com/li/1071008



    Editor also says that Doflamingo is still so influential even after his defeat that many cool girls in Japan are fascinated by his taste in fashion.

    EDIT: The caption says, "When I walk on a street, people sometimes shout at me, 'Oh, Doflamingo!!'"

    source: https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/822039757534294016
    https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/s...43788654743552
    https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/s...45438568079360
    Last edited by sandman; January 19th, 2017 at 06:12 PM.

  6. #146
    Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

    Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017



    Spines for Issue #7

  7. #147

    Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

    I can't believe Doflamingo-style is even a thing. XD

    Hidden:

  8. #148

    Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    According to today's editor's tweet, recent TV news has reported that the number of Doflamingo-styled girls in Japan is increasing, which even surprises Oda.
    https://togetter.com/li/1071008

    http://i.imgur.com/CRHxWFo.jpg

    Editor also says that Doflamingo is still so influential even after his defeat that many cool girls in Japan are fascinated by his taste in fashion.

    EDIT: The caption says, "When I walk on a street, people sometimes shout at me, 'Oh, Doflamingo!!'"

    source: https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/822039757534294016
    https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/s...43788654743552
    https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/s...45438568079360
    If only I was in Japan at this moment and saw girls like these... perfect way to start up a conversation hahaha

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post
    One day I will get something as cool as the treasurebox hahaha it's so cool!

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Shobu Yoruichi View Post
    A novel about Ace? and i'm getting breaks while some trying to create things from the crapiest character of the series?
    Seriously Oda, just don't focus on it.
    Are you serious?

    First off Oda hasn't taken a personal break in months, the breaks are the normal ones, once every 4 weeks. And jee, if I was working 21 hours a day, I'm sure I want a break because I have no time for myself or family. Or lets have no breaks and see how much longer you can get your chapters...

    Incase you didn't realise or you're just dishing out bull crap, Ace was a MAJOR role in the development of current setting, character growth and revelations.

  9. #149

    Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

    So, Doffy-style is a thing in Japan. Them and their trends.

    *Waits for Croc-style to be a thing*
    The face of a Straw Hat.

  10. #150

    Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

    Doffy styled girls
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..


  11. #151

    Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    Incase you didn't realise or you're just dishing out bull crap, Ace was a MAJOR role in the development of current setting, character growth and revelations.
    Character growth? Ace influenced Luffy to the point that perfectly Sabo could do: The miss of a familiar. That's just in order for him to a get a reason for strengthen himself and protect his crew/family.

    The current setting was made thanks to Whitebeard, whom mostly his name disappearing from the world did the job, Ace did nothing but to worsened the situation for his father to end dying there.

    The revelations... i get the twist for readers to want the end of the greatest pirate to survive is rather well handled, but to end dying after a mere taunt is worst than laughable, mediocre.

    Ace is like a long-term Sugar, is only made for the plot to intrigues you. With nothing more that names and titles, yet nothing worth to comment about a pirate, son, warrior or person. A manipulated nimrod seeking vengance to end killed and a lot of his 'family', without a grain of training in his body. A waste of ink, if you ask me.

    Meritorious of a novel? Bitch please, One Piece is not Naruto, there's no need to sack more money of those pockets from trivial things such as that character. Sabo should get it instead, or someone higher in the popularity poll.
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

  12. #152

    Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Shobu Yoruichi View Post
    Character growth? Ace influenced Luffy to the point that perfectly Sabo could do: The miss of a familiar. That's just in order for him to a get a reason for strengthen himself and protect his crew/family.

    The current setting was made thanks to Whitebeard, whom mostly his name disappearing from the world did the job, Ace did nothing but to worsened the situation for his father to end dying there.

    The revelations... i get the twist for readers to want the end of the greatest pirate to survive is rather well handled, but to end dying after a mere taunt is worst than laughable, mediocre.

    Ace is like a long-term Sugar, is only made for the plot to intrigues you. With nothing more that names and titles, yet nothing worth to comment about a pirate, son, warrior or person. A manipulated nimrod seeking vengance to end killed and a lot of his 'family', without a grain of training in his body. A waste of ink, if you ask me.

    Meritorious of a novel? Bitch please, One Piece is not Naruto, there's no need to sack more money of those pockets from trivial things such as that character. Sabo should get it instead, or someone higher in the popularity poll.
    Laughable and mediocre? Clearly you don't understand his genes.

  13. #153
    Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

    Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Shobu Yoruichi View Post
    Character growth? Ace influenced Luffy to the point that perfectly Sabo could do: The miss of a familiar. That's just in order for him to a get a reason for strengthen himself and protect his crew/family.
    Sabo's death only drove Luffy so far; it had been 10 years, and Ace's death was pretty much a double whammy to show to Luffy that he still wasn't strong enough to protect the people he cared about. What really drove it home was the fact that Luffy's promise to get stronger after Sabo's death was specifically aimed at Ace in order to prevent losing the one brother he had left. Sabo's death DID influence Luffy to grow and get stronger, but Ace's death served as a necessary reminder of how strong the obstacles to becoming king are that 10 years of training on a peaceful island on the East Blue simply couldn't overcome.

    The current setting was made thanks to Whitebeard, whom mostly his name disappearing from the world did the job, Ace did nothing but to worsened the situation for his father to end dying there.
    But none of this would have happened if it weren't for Ace...that would be like saying Ace played no role in Luffy's decision to get stronger because it was Luffy's failure in the war that resulted in this. Ace was a plot device serving as an impetus for both the Straw Hats' training and the New Pirate Era. Ace was the one who started all this, and what happened as a result of the war would not have if he had never gone after Blackbeard in the first place. Yes, it happened because of his foolishness, and he did apologize for it and try to convince both Whitebeard and Luffy not to put their lives on the line for him, but it is really no different than Robin's hostage situation. Both of them ended up getting into bad situations based off their code of honor and personal responsibility that, in the long run, ended up being foolish. The difference with Ace is that his rescue wasn't successful.

    The revelations... i get the twist for readers to want the end of the greatest pirate to survive is rather well handled, but to end dying after a mere taunt is worst than laughable, mediocre.
    You're completely ignoring the meaning behind why Ace took Akainu's taunt so hard. Near the beginning of the arc we had a flashback of how Roger pretty much caused Ace's life to be crap and how Ace got a real father in Whitebeard. Having a great father after spending his first 17 or so years suffering the effects of having a crappy one caused Ace to grow far more attached to Whitebeard than normal, and is why Ace took Whitebeard's honor so seriously even though it resulted in his death. It's just like Sanji ending up having sexist behaviors because of how much of an impact Zeff made on him as a parent compared to Judge's crappy parenting (though a lot of people seem to ignore the reasoning behind that one too)

    Ace is like a long-term Sugar, is only made for the plot to intrigues you. With nothing more that names and titles, yet nothing worth to comment about a pirate, son, warrior or person. A manipulated nimrod seeking vengance to end killed and a lot of his 'family', without a grain of training in his body. A waste of ink, if you ask me.
    First off, Sugar was important to the Dressrosa Arc, so by your logic that makes Ace much more important, even if he was a plot device. And do you seriously think that Ace isn't strong? A guy who has a 550 million bounty and became a WB Division Commander is definitely not weak. So he lost to a guy that scarred Shanks in a battle and became Yonko in a handful of years, plus a guy who's now Fleet Admiral and has a Devil Fruit naturally superior to his, big whoop, most people would.

    Meritorious of a novel? Bitch please, One Piece is not Naruto, there's no need to sack more money of those pockets from trivial things such as that character. Sabo should get it instead, or someone higher in the popularity poll.
    Other than his role being completely justified and powerful as I've stated above, the fact remains that Ace is a popular character, and popular characters get novels. You may not like him, though I've hopefully helped convince you otherwise, but there's no doubt that not only is he in demand enough for a novel, but that his past is large and open enough to be covered in an interesting novel.



    Spoiler:

  14. #154

    Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Sabo's death only drove Luffy so far; it had been 10 years, and Ace's death was pretty much a double whammy to show to Luffy that he still wasn't strong enough to protect the people he cared about. What really drove it home was the fact that Luffy's promise to get stronger after Sabo's death was specifically aimed at Ace in order to prevent losing the one brother he had left. Sabo's death DID influence Luffy to grow and get stronger, but Ace's death served as a necessary reminder of how strong the obstacles to becoming king are that 10 years of training on a peaceful island on the East Blue simply couldn't overcome.
    I know Luffy is stupid... i mean, Aokiji & Kuma were exactly that, he couldn't get that at the time... but for the very meaning of character growth, doing a thing that is been portrayed since chapter 3... preposterious is to award Ace for helping Luffy on that matter, because even in the family prospect, Sabo did it first.


    But none of this would have happened if it weren't for Ace...that would be like saying Ace played no role in Luffy's decision to get stronger because it was Luffy's failure in the war that resulted in this. Ace was a plot device serving as an impetus for both the Straw Hats' training and the New Pirate Era. Ace was the one who started all this, and what happened as a result of the war would not have if he had never gone after Blackbeard in the first place. Yes, it happened because of his foolishness, and he did apologize for it and try to convince both Whitebeard and Luffy not to put their lives on the line for him, but it is really no different than Robin's hostage situation. Both of them ended up getting into bad situations based off their code of honor and personal responsibility that, in the long run, ended up being foolish. The difference with Ace is that his rescue wasn't successful.
    I meant only Newgate on that post, btw. How the world changed after his death, but focusing on what we're discussing; Ace as person meant nothing in the Paramount War, the bloodline of the Pirate King was the thing that, now erradicated, meant a victory for the three greatest powers.

    This very thought is one of the things that i despise at create a novel of him.

    You're completely ignoring the meaning behind why Ace took Akainu's taunt so hard. Near the beginning of the arc we had a flashback of how Roger pretty much caused Ace's life to be crap and how Ace got a real father in Whitebeard. Having a great father after spending his first 17 or so years suffering the effects of having a crappy one caused Ace to grow far more attached to Whitebeard than normal, and is why Ace took Whitebeard's honor so seriously even though it resulted in his death. It's just like Sanji ending up having sexist behaviors because of how much of an impact Zeff made on him as a parent compared to Judge's crappy parenting (though a lot of people seem to ignore the reasoning behind that one too)
    The reason for a person to act stupidly?

    Please don't compare Sanji with Ace. The former, at least, worries on everything surrounding him, he cares for the Strawhats and the Baratie and finally even the Vinsmokes. Ace... cared shit about the army, Luffy and his brothers that went to save him; he only cared about the 'pride' of his daddy.

    To me, those reactions of both are simple traits of personality, Ace showed something similar on Gray Terminal at the moment when Sabo and Luffy were in danger, and Sanji just doesn't correlate his thought of woman with his worshipness on them, so it is a simple work of the author to make characters different of each other.


    First off, Sugar was important to the Dressrosa Arc, so by your logic that makes Ace much more important, even if he was a plot device. And do you seriously think that Ace isn't strong? A guy who has a 550 million bounty and became a WB Division Commander is definitely not weak. So he lost to a guy that scarred Shanks in a battle and became Yonko in a handful of years, plus a guy who's now Fleet Admiral and has a Devil Fruit naturally superior to his, big whoop, most people would.
    By my logic, Newgate & Teach were the spinners of the tornado in the plot at that ocassion. Ace was the reason for them to meet and make everything enjoyable, then just like Sugar, ended in a mediocre way to bite the dust.

    Names and titles... at fighting; Smoker and Jinbe, the former a bluff, the latter... tied. Jinbe with splashes tied with the a boy born from two D.'s, with Haoshoku Haki, with a Logia, with such ability to reach the New World and with a hard past to rise his strength and psyche.
    Waste of ink, in short.


    Other than his role being completely justified and powerful as I've stated above, the fact remains that Ace is a popular character, and popular characters get novels. You may not like him, though I've hopefully helped convince you otherwise, but there's no doubt that not only is he in demand enough for a novel, but that his past is large and open enough to be covered in an interesting novel.
    I'd go at the idea of trying to understand, what moves people to create shit?
    I do not want One Piece to be filled with it, Ace is nothing, there's characters where to get something with quality such as Clover, Dragon, Rayleigh, Noland and even Rouge is better!
    The only thing i ask is for Oda to not meddle into that shit. One Piece is a mine of gold, i get it and can't help it. But please, if you like to read about stupid guys, just read about Trump.
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

  15. #155

    Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

    Good Lord! A spin-off novel about one of the most popular characters who I don't like?!!!!!
    We must protect the world from this abhorrent optional, side material that would otherwise be forgotten in a few months!!
    How dare Oda be forced to sign off on something that is OBJECTIVELY SHIT!! Because it is. Fact!
    .
    .
    .
    How massively arrogant can you be to believe you can tell a company on the other side of the world what they can or cannot do with a popular character in a popular franchise?
    How massively arrogant must you be to compare a fictional character whose actions don't affect the real world to Donald Trump?

    I think we know the answer.

  16. #156
    Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

    Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Shobu Yoruichi View Post
    I know Luffy is stupid... i mean, Aokiji & Kuma were exactly that, he couldn't get that at the time... but for the very meaning of character growth, doing a thing that is been portrayed since chapter 3... preposterious is to award Ace for helping Luffy on that matter, because even in the family prospect, Sabo did it first.
    So? Just because Ace did it too doesn't mean either one is cheapened. Sabo's death showed Luffy that the world is a dangerous place and, if he wants to protect others' lives in addition to his own, he'll have to get stronger. Ace's death showed how the New World posed a threat greater than Luffy's imagination and ten years of childhood training could handle, and it was especially effective since Luffy's initial promise as a child was specifically directed at protecting Ace. It's clearly meant to be a follow-up, and it does so well.

    I meant only Newgate on that post, btw. How the world changed after his death, but focusing on what we're discussing; Ace as person meant nothing in the Paramount War, the bloodline of the Pirate King was the thing that, now erradicated, meant a victory for the three greatest powers.
    He started the whole thing and was the direct impetus for all of its events happening. Just because he was not the one to directly transform the pirate age does not mean that he meant nothing in the grand scheme of things.

    This very thought is one of the things that i despise at create a novel of him.

    The reason for a person to act stupidly?

    Please don't compare Sanji with Ace. The former, at least, worries on everything surrounding him, he cares for the Strawhats and the Baratie and finally even the Vinsmokes. Ace... cared shit about the army, Luffy and his brothers that went to save him; he only cared about the 'pride' of his daddy.
    Did you...just ignore what I said earlier about Ace apologizing and going out of his way to convince both his crew and Luffy from trying to rescue him? How is that not caring? Not to mention that the direct reason he died was to atone for the mistake he made in going after Akainu by protecting Luffy from Akainu's trap. Your argument makes absolutely no sense.

    By my logic, Newgate & Teach were the spinners of the tornado in the plot at that ocassion. Ace was the reason for them to meet and make everything enjoyable, then just like Sugar, ended in a mediocre way to bite the dust.
    Just because a character is not the one "spinning tornado" does not mean they are not important to the plot. That's like saying Robin wasn't important in Enies Lobby when the whole arc was focused on her.

    Names and titles... at fighting; Smoker and Jinbe, the former a bluff, the latter... tied. Jinbe with splashes tied
    SPLASHES? Do you really expect me to take your argument seriously with such a statement?

    with the a boy born from two D.'s,
    Being a D. doesn't make you physically strong

    with Haoshoku Haki,
    Which strong people like Jinbe can overcome

    with a Logia,
    A fire logia that just so happens to mix in unusual ways with smoke, water, and magma.

    with such ability to reach the New World and with a hard past to rise his strength and psyche.
    Waste of ink, in short.
    How many people in the New World can beat an Admiral and a Yonko ascendant? Not nearly as many as you seem to believe. Luffy is essentially the same as Ace, except with a Paramecia fruit, but is still not at that level.


    I'd go at the idea of trying to understand, what moves people to create shit?
    I do not want One Piece to be filled with it, Ace is nothing, there's characters where to get something with quality such as Clover, Dragon, Rayleigh, Noland and even Rouge is better!
    The only thing i ask is for Oda to not meddle into that shit. One Piece is a mine of gold, i get it and can't help it. But please, if you like to read about stupid guys, just read about Trump.
    This is one supplemental novel. This is not a new manga series aiming to milk more of a dead property. Plus this is only being released as part of a huge anniversary. You're making this a bigger deal than it is

    What is there to learn about Clover? He was only a historian. We're not going to learn lost history in a supplemental novel.

    Rayleigh's and the Roger Pirates' past is relatively unknown for a reason. We'll learn more later in the series. Same with Dragon and the Revolutionaries.

    Noland is a relatively minor posthumous character who got an entire volume's worth of a flashback that pretty much showed all we need to know. We could learn more about his discovery of the dwarves, sure, but he's not really a character readers care much about knowing more about.

    And a story about Rouge would just be a story about Ace, since that's the entire purpose she served in the story.


    Ultimately, your argument and overall opinion about Ace seem to be based on a couple of major things he did while you ignore basically everything else he did that rounded him out as a character and made him such an effective plot device.



    Spoiler:

  17. #157

    Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

    The "waste of ink".

    Well... thanks to this ink we got really cool ink and One Piece got even more popular memorable ink. This ink changed the action of some inks and thought's of other ink's.

    This ink was a useful ink.

    Can anyone imaging one Piece without this ink that is a supposed waste of ink?

  18. #158

    Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

    Man, Marineford was the biggest waste of ink I ever saw it.

    Hidden:

  19. #159

    Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Good Lord! A spin-off novel about one of the most popular characters who I don't like?!!!!!
    We must protect the world from this abhorrent optional, side material that would otherwise be forgotten in a few months!!
    How dare Oda be forced to sign off on something that is OBJECTIVELY SHIT!! Because it is. Fact!
    .
    .
    .
    How massively arrogant can you be to believe you can tell a company on the other side of the world what they can or cannot do with a popular character in a popular franchise?
    How massively arrogant must you be to compare a fictional character whose actions don't affect the real world to Donald Trump?

    I think we know the answer.
    My answer to you, at least, is an apology.
    Because i can't really grasp a little piece to start an interesting discussion, so i would just ignore you until you can come with something interesting. Aside a talk about me, if wasn't that clear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    So? Just because Ace did it too doesn't mean either one is cheapened. Sabo's death showed Luffy that the world is a dangerous place and, if he wants to protect others' lives in addition to his own, he'll have to get stronger. Ace's death showed how the New World posed a threat greater than Luffy's imagination and ten years of childhood training could handle, and it was especially effective since Luffy's initial promise as a child was specifically directed at protecting Ace. It's clearly meant to be a follow-up, and it does so well.
    I know... as i said; Luffy is stupid because Oda want to, Sabo supposedly died and everyone related had a miss because Oda wanted to, Ace died to give more determination to Luffy and to be buried with his 'father' and release the Mera no mi because Oda wanted to.

    Those actions are for the help of the plot, because Oda made the character of Ace as another stupid haughty boy, bold and tough for everyone but ended like a pussy for plot-sake. I deny that very contitution of him. Can't disacredit your comments because his character is made for plot-sake and nothing more.


    He started the whole thing and was the direct impetus for all of its events happening. Just because he was not the one to directly transform the pirate age does not mean that he meant nothing in the grand scheme of things.
    You'll have to excuse, but the mastermind here is Teach. He didn't had the brains to start something, not even his life course.


    Did you...just ignore what I said earlier about Ace apologizing and going out of his way to convince both his crew and Luffy from trying to rescue him? How is that not caring? Not to mention that the direct reason he died was to atone for the mistake he made in going after Akainu by protecting Luffy from Akainu's trap. Your argument makes absolutely no sense.
    Oh no, i meant the moment of Akainu's taunt. He stopped fleeing Marineford only to teach him some manners, that's the moment when he didn't gave a shit. Saying sorry is a good thing, but facts tell other thing when talking about Ace.


    SPLASHES? Do you really expect me to take your argument seriously with such a statement?
    What can i say... Jinbe is strong on a water-styled karate, just as how a fat and rather slow Mizu Luffy hit in some chances to Sir Crocodile.


    Luffy is essentially the same as Ace, except with a Paramecia fruit, but is still not at that level.
    Luffy is, at least, twice as strong than Ace. Just for facts i can show you that, just whether you feel like arguing it.



    This is one supplemental novel. This is not a new manga series aiming to milk more of a dead property. Plus this is only being released as part of a huge anniversary. You're making this a bigger deal than it is
    You are right here, but i couldn't keep quiet. Ace is such a blunder, i can't help but think that are characters much more intriguing than him.

    What is there to learn about Clover? He was only a historian. We're not going to learn lost history in a supplemental novel.

    Rayleigh's and the Roger Pirates' past is relatively unknown for a reason. We'll learn more later in the series. Same with Dragon and the Revolutionaries.

    Noland is a relatively minor posthumous character who got an entire volume's worth of a flashback that pretty much showed all we need to know. We could learn more about his discovery of the dwarves, sure, but he's not really a character readers care much about knowing more about.

    And a story about Rouge would just be a story about Ace, since that's the entire purpose she served in the story.
    Clover could makes us an entry to the very world of researchers in One Piece. How they find stuff and are ransacked, locations of Poneglyphs on the Blues, a story about how the World Government after its foundations started changing the world.

    How Rayleigh lived before meeting Roger and Dragon's childhood could help too, what happened for those men categorized as the strongest of the world... that is interesting!

    Noland could present the work of the herbologists of One Piece, flora on different islands, he reached the New World too, how he was that strong to catch gigantic fishes by himself, how the kingdoms interacted and how his story became a tale.

    Rogue is the only female D.'s, lived on South Blue... how the Portgas family survived to the eons -like Trafalgar's- and how she met Roger and fell in love with him. Ace is a piece without value, he can appear at the end of that story.

    Ultimately, your argument and overall opinion about Ace seem to be based on a couple of major things he did while you ignore basically everything else he did that rounded him out as a character and made him such an effective plot device.
    My opinion of Ace is simply the most overrated character in One Piece, getting all the features for be liked... and Oda put it out politely and smoothly. Which is the only and one reason for him to be an effective plot device.

    For people to go an revive him is like a stupidity for me. I repeat, i'm against Oda working on him (if such case happens) and for how characters far more interesting him don't get the chance to get an interesting review. He's a mere plot device with the most basic personality ever used.
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

  20. #160

    Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

    We know that Ace is both popular and overrated. Whatever the novel manages to do judge it once it comes out.

    Move on for now.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts