+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

Default Re: One Piece celebrates its 20th Anniversary in 2017

Thanks for Ace novel summary sandman, you're the best

And here Jump scan about 20th Anniversary Surprises.

That Moomoo's stomach actually reminds me of a cow, but in reverse.
    Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post
    Is that Shima(Toriko) talking to Oda?

Hidden:

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

Comment of Oda, About OP Magazine.

Last edited by ScotchInformer; July 14th, 2017 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    That Moomoo's stomach actually reminds me of a cow, but in reverse.

Is that Shima(Toriko) talking to Oda?
    Yes it is him. Shimabukuro and Oda are best friends. Oda even defended him when Shima was arrested for violating child prositution laws and his series was cancelled

Thanks for all the information guys I'm so excited

You're welcome, redon! Without your words, I would not have started writing the summary for Ace novel that early :)

By the way, here is my translation for Oda's comment regarding OP Magazine on official Twitter. Thank you for the pic, Scotch.
    https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/882928724374466560

3 volumes of ONE PIECE Magazines will be on sale on July 7th, August 4th and September 1st (Fridays)!!
    This magazine is an 20th anniversary book for ONE PIECE. I've read and found it very informative. It looks like a cool fashion magazine.
    I can't help being grateful that many people helped us to create this magazine.
    I drew a bonus manga and a very long poster for it. Editor says they will be published in 3 OP magazines separately. That's a good decision.
    I was wondering if I should enjoy drawing a long poster via CG. However, it got decided that Katsuya Terada-san known as a big boss in CG industry will make a drawing for the magazine.
    I thought, "Come on! There is no way I can make a CG drawing in the same magazine in which Terada-san will draw!!"
    This is why I decided to draw the poster via hand drawing as usual. I put much effort to draw it. Ace drawing by Terada-san is awesome as well.
    This magazine is a "mook", so it will be impossible to buy later on if you missed this opportunity. Be sure to buy OP Magazines so as not to regret.

Eiichiro Oda

Quote Originally Posted by IORI_17 View Post
    Thanks a lot for all the infos you always bring us, Redon and Sandman! I really appreciate your genuine help and the fact you don't put yourselves above other fans
    Thank you so much for the kind words, IORI_17 :)

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfDarkness View Post
    So is the Ace novel canon, or just filler?
    Announcements for Ace novel says it is "official" and we know that the author and editor consulted Oda several times when creating the novel, but I'm not sure it's 100% canon..

Quote Originally Posted by zasper View Post
    the name Deuce might be from a playing card with a rank of two, also a slang word for number two. (from wiki)
    so Ace for 1, Deuce for 2, both from playing card.
    Thank you for the info, zasper!

I always thought it would be cool for later on in the manga to see some of aces crewmembers... but with the WB pirates in the spotlight it was unlikely, but now with character designs and names...

Thanks for the Ace summary Sandman! I wonder if this Deuce character was one of the guys we saw during Ace's flash back when confronting Jimbei and White Beard and then later on after being absorbed into the White Beard crew?

@ Count Mario
    I think we first learned that the first bite transfers the power when Kaku and Kalifa ate their entire yucky fruits only to be told that eating the whole thing wasn't necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by shadyagent View Post
    Yes it is him. Shimabukuro and Oda are best friends. Oda even defended him when Shima was arrested for violating child prositution laws and his series was cancelled
    Ugh, any source on this?
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    @ Count Mario
    I think we first learned that the first bite transfers the power when Kaku and Kalifa ate their entire yucky fruits only to be told that eating the whole thing wasn't necessary.
    Ugh, I knew it might have been revealed there in the back of my head. But I didn't feel like skimming through manga chapters to fact check that.

Ugh, any source on this?
    The girl was sixteen, they both used pseudonyms/false identities, Shimabukuro paid 80,000 yen, this happened in 2001, Shimabukuro was arrested a year later in 2002, and his sentence of two years became suspended (so the only real penalty he suffered was having the manga series he was writing at the time be cancelled).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ukuro-arrested

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Ugh, I knew it might have been revealed there in the back of my head. But I didn't feel like skimming through manga chapters to fact check that.

The girl was sixteen, they both used pseudonyms/false identities, Shimabukuro paid 80,000 yen, this happened in 2001, Shimabukuro was arrested a year later in 2002, and his sentence of two years became suspended (so the only real penalty he suffered was having the manga series he was writing at the time be cancelled).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ukuro-arrested
    Thanks, though the part I was really "ugh'ing" over was Oda giving the dude his support. I want to see the source on that. Though I see the girl was 16 and not say 8 like I feared.

Did Oda actually defend that shit? Would like to see the source on that too.

Thanks, though the part I was really "ugh'ing" over was Oda giving the dude his support. I want to see the source on that. Though I see the girl was 16 and not say 8 like I feared.
    I wasn't defending what Oda said, I was just paraphrasing the article and hoping to clear up the instinctual assumption that girl was prepubescent or younger lol.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I wasn't defending what Oda said, I was just paraphrasing the article and hoping to clear up the instinctual assumption that girl was prepubescent or younger lol.
    I didn't say you defended Oda, nor did it in any way seem like you did. I thanked you for giving me the original story and tried to clarify that the source I originally wanted was for when Oda was supporting the guy.

I didn't say you defended Oda. I thanked you for giving me the original story and tried to clarify that the source I originally wanted was for when Oda was supporting the guy.
    Sorry, I got confused with Heart of Darkness' comment. And even then, he wasn't accusing me of anything, I quickly misread. Sorry, I'm juggling a bunch of replies in different threads at once in multiple tabs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfDarkness View Post
    Did Oda actually defend that shit? Would like to see the source on that too.
    The best source I could find was this:

Oda: "Summertime means scary stories. While that’s true, people who are quick to bare their fangs based on differences in status scare me the most."

[It's possible Oda is alluding to the case of his mangaka colleague and friend Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro [Toriko] who was arrested on August 7th 2002 for paying a 16-year old girl for sexual services and then later charged with paying two other 16-year old girls for sexual services on earlier occassions against Japan's Child Prostitution Law.]
    http://www.thegrandline.com/odatoc.htm

Spoiler:

One Piece Magazine Vol. 01 is TOP 2 in "Amazon Japan Best Sellers Japanese Books ranking". Sold out rigth now, next reprint 19th July. Order now if you want it!!

https://www.amazon.co.jp/ONE-PIECE-m...83%BC%E3%82%B9

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Holy crap, good thing I pre-ordered mine a while ago and it's already on its way
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn. (Socrates (Σωκράτης) method to enlighten people, ca. 500 BC)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    Holy crap, good thing I pre-ordered mine a while ago and it's already on its way
    It is only out of stock on amazon currently. On cdjapan it is still in stock.
    I also preordered two copies a while ago.

Apparently, the magazine listed the songs Oda was listening to when drawing Big Mom's Tea Party:

1. This is Halloween
    2. Crazy Party Night ~ぱんぷきんの逆襲~ [Pumpkin no Gyakushu]
    3. 移動式遊園地 [Idou-shiki Yuenchi]
    4. ヒンキーディンキーパーティークルー [Hinky Dinky Party Crew]
    5. PARADISE
    6. Twerk Dat Pop That feat. Eminem & Royce da 5'9"
    7. SAX @ ARENA (Re-Edit) feat. SHINJI TAKEDA
    8. Right Action
    9. Lady Marmalade (From "Moulin Rouge" Soundtrack)
    10. I Love It (feat. Charli XCX)
    11. The Boy Does Nothing
    12. Ginger Bread Man
    13. THE MAD TEA PARTY/THE UNBIRTHDAY SONG/TWINKLE TWINKLE/CLEAN CUP MOVE DOWN/MAD WATCH
    14. Lady
    15. Party People (feat. T.I.)

Videos for reference:
    Spoiler:

(Not full version)

FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

Wow, Oda´s music taste is horrible

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar