+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Jump Festa 2017 (December 17-18)

Default Re: Jump Festa 2017 (December 17-18)

I could perfectly see the Whole Cake Island arc ending during spring. That gives enough time to make the Reverie arc in summer and start Wano around autumn
    Waiting for a signature that is worth to see...

Awesome information as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMazen View Post
    Okay, but why would he need some random color spread to vaguely foreshadow him joining if he already set it up in-story? Normally I'd accept it wholehearted but the circumstances (or lack of thereof) surrounding Jinbe being a strawhat (right now) are odd.
    20th anniversary and Jinbe is not in the cover page, how sad can you imagine with all the one that waiting Jinbe to be the next nakama? Of course that's a fanservice, dude. Everything is about fanservice, that's how mangakas work, the better they understand their fan, the higher fans love their manga. It's not odd, you're just lack of faith, hatred fill up your head, and try hard not to believe in anything that is not absolutely. What you think is not wrong, but telling people that they're "reaching" and "hell-bent" is so wrong buddy.

Stop it, and go to the new crewmate thread if you must.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Reverie and wano at the same time? kaidou and reverie?

Kaidou knows about the fishman ancient weapon from Caribou. The fishman princess ancient weapon is going to reverie... Will kaidou show up at reverie to steal the fishman princess?

So maybe reverie is the pre wano arc, with kaidou. same way punk hazard was for dressrosa.
    one of my theories has always been kaidou attacking the reverie to tak shirahoshi after caribou spills the beans, glad to see that having them at the same time makes the theory even more possible

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

pic for next chapter (850)

Spoiler:

Just returned home.

Here is my translation of Oda's comments full version which Luffy's VA read aloud:

"Are you guys enjoying Jump Festa?
    I'm Piko-Taro Oda. I play a role as an author in ONE PIECE.
    I'm watching this OP Super Stage and smiling somewhere in this venue, so don't search for me. (laugh)

By the way, my audience and Hirata-san (Sanji's VA) used to claim that Sanji should appear in manga more around this time last year.
    Sanji appeared much this year, right? Despite that, some audience complain, "That's enough!!" (Luffy's VA shouts) You guys are selfish!! (laugh)

Things do not always go as you wish. I feel sympathy with you, but please trust Straw Hats! From now is the time for Shonen manga to shine.
    I'm planning a great developments such as Whole Cake Island, Reverie and Wano next year! Keep up with ONE PIECE, everyone!

The story of ONE PIECE will be just more awesome next year as well! Don't miss it!"

By the way, here is the details of OP Super Stage including many pics.
    * spoiler pic is included in this website.
    http://www.comicsync.com/normal/2016/12/18/ID1746/

VAs of Straw Hats in Jump Festa from Usopp's VA's Twitter
    Hidden:
    source: https://twitter.com/ENma_Dororon/sta...07441292611584
    Last edited by sandman; December 18th, 2016 at 06:54 AM.

Oh look! More baby seals! Vermouth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchInformer View Post

The tooth is still missing...
    Thanks Scotch and Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchInformer View Post

Spoiler:
    "俺は、こんな所で 死ぬ男じゃねエ!!!" = "I'm not the kind of guy who dies here!!!"

About Reverie, whereas on the one hand I don't think these arcs will be completely simultaneous, on the other hand that doesn't mean if it starts before Wano it also has to end before as well. We don't even know how long Reverie is in in-world time, do we?

So my guess is we will get the beginning of the Reverie before Wano, but then it will cut with a strong cliffhanger. And the end of the Reverie then will be after Wano so that the participants also can and will react to the downfall of Kaido. Of course, if Kaido or his crew actually shows up there, it will be way more tied.

Reverie and Wano!? Okay Oda, I think you're taking on a bit too much there. You're not as healthy as you used to be, you know.

Regardless of my concerns, I still will be looking forward to all this and I wish him the best of luck! Thank you once more, sandman and Scotch!

Tbh, I wish I was there so I can ask him if he received my fan mail containing my project that I'd sent to him three years ago.
    Last edited by joesephes; December 18th, 2016 at 08:53 AM.
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (SPECIAL UPDATE 9/6/17)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)
    THE ROKUSHIKI ROBIN CHALLENGE (click on the title to see how to enter!!)

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Just returned home.

Here is my translation of Oda's comments full version which Luffy's VA read aloud:

I'm watching this OP Super Stage and smiling somewhere in this venue, so don't search for me. (laugh)

By the way, my audience and Hirata-san (Sanji's VA) used to claim that Sanji should appear in manga more around this time last year.
    Sanji appeared much this year, right? Despite that, some audience complain, "That's enough!!" (Luffy's VA shouts) You guys are selfish!! (laugh)

Things do not always go as you wish. I feel sympathy with you, but please trust Straw Hats! From now is the time for Shonen manga to shine.
    I'm planning a great developments such as Whole Cake Island, Reverie and Wano next year! Keep up with ONE PIECE, everyone!

The story of ONE PIECE will be just more awesome next year as well! Don't miss it!"

VAs of Straw Hats in Jump Festa from Usopp's VA's Twittersource: https://twitter.com/ENma_Dororon/sta...07441292611584
    So when they played a bit of an episode of Luffy and Sanji fighting, were they just doing voices or was it actual animation?

Wow, so Wano and the Reverie arcs start next year. Which means Totland really is in the Rising Action phase right now. So, I'm guessing that there's around 20-25 chapters left which'll contain:

Luffy and Nami escaping the book prison
    Pedro vs. Tamago, along with the rest of Pedro's past
    A scuffle between BM and Brook
    Pekoms' whereabouts
    Jinbei's whereabouts
    Reiju's attacker
    Capone's plan put into action
    more Sanji and Pudding drama
    Luffy meeting BM face to face
    The fights
    The conclusion
    Jinbei's official recruitment

There's probably more or less to this list, so it's not concrete. But if so, then that's a lot of content to fit into that many chapters, so I can see why some people are worried. They would want a well done ending to these plot-points that doesn't appear to look rushed given how stellar this arc has been so far. Oda's juggled more plot-lines than this so I wouldn't worry too much.

As for Jump Festa, they already have Luffy vs. Sanji animated?
    The face of a Straw Hat.

So some Japanese didn’t like how Sanji was handled too :-) But I’m glad we will have some shonen moments, this will have to be the rewards to all my frustration

Discovered Stowaway The Humanoid Typhoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholemew Bear View Post
    About Reverie, whereas on the one hand I don't think these arcs will be completely simultaneous, on the other hand that doesn't mean if it starts before Wano it also has to end before as well. We don't even know how long Reverie is in in-world time, do we?

So my guess is we will get the beginning of the Reverie before Wano, but then it will cut with a strong cliffhanger. And the end of the Reverie then will be after Wano so that the participants also can and will react to the downfall of Kaido. Of course, if Kaido or his crew actually shows up there, it will be way more tied.
    I think Reverie will start with the downfall of Linlin as a shock and before they end it Luffy will have beat Kaido as well

This help to gain one bounty boost for both Yonko

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholemew Bear View Post

That is probably the most realistic prediction I've seen yet. I can't imagine the Reverie not ending on some sort of cliffhanger akin to when Oda usually depicts worldbuilding events in other places. And its unspecified timespan can let it take place before and after Wano Country, which makes so much sense since it's probable for the Reverie to discuss Wano opening up its borders and Kaido's defeat.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

of The One Piece Podcast Zach Logan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Just returned home.

VAs of Straw Hats in Jump Festa from Usopp's VA's Twittersource: https://twitter.com/ENma_Dororon/sta...07441292611584
    Went through the awesome transcript of the Super Stage Show with One Piece translator Stephen Paul on the podcast this week:
    http://onepiecepodcast.com/2016/12/1...no-go-reverie/

Thanks for the info as always Sandman!
    Host and Founder
    The One Piece Podcast

The views expressed are solely my own.

That was really amazing. I hope Oda takes his time to finish the WCI arc and not rush the fights like he did in the latest chapter. Oh ! I can't wait for the color spread to be released. I really thank everyone who were involved in providing us with all these informations especially Sandman. Thanks a lot.

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

I wonder if at the Reverie, we'll finally learn the names of the Gorosei.

Surprised nobody has found Oda yet.... no pictures or posts about seeing him at Jump Festa..... hmm

So some Japanese didnít like how Sanji was handled too
    If I understand correctly, their 'complaint' was, "We want *even more* Sanji."

Not in how he was handled.

Surprised nobody has found Oda yet.... no pictures or posts about seeing him at Jump Festa..... hmm
    I have.

It's not like he's out on the floor during guest hours.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information