+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Jump Festa 2017 (December 17-18)

Default Re: Jump Festa 2017 (December 17-18)

In the opening of OP Super Stage, some VAs of Straw Hats played a episode a bit in which Sanji fights Luffy. It was amazing!
    Last edited by sandman; December 18th, 2016 at 12:48 AM.

Suddenly my insomnia/sleep issues are doing me a solid. *patiently waits for sandman-san to tell us more*

According to Oda's message, OP will enter Reverie and Wano arc(s?)in 2017!!

In the next chapter, Luffy yells
    Spoiler:
    I'm not the kind of guy who dies here!!
    The spoiler panel was shown to us audience.

Also, new ONE PIECE magazine will be published in 2017. It includes a novel whose protagonist is Ace or/and Sabo and a special manga.

Oda is in Jump Festa somewhere.

Maybe I'll post a review about OP Super Stage later when I return home.
    Last edited by sandman; December 18th, 2016 at 01:15 AM.

Thanks Sandman!!

Do the story involving Ace or/and Sabo will be canon?

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    According to Oda's message, OP will enter Reverie and Wano arc in 2017!!

In the next chapter, Luffy yells
    Spoiler:
    I'm not the kind of guy who dies here!!

Also, new ONE PIECE magazine will be published in 2017. It includes a novel whose pritagonist is Ace or/and Sabo and a special manga.

Maybe I'll post a review about OP Super Stage later when I return home.
    That lines up with what his editor said a week or two ago. I still feel like this is something to be taken with a grain of salt, depending on how long it takes Oda to finish WCI and whether or not they're underestimating the length of Reverie.

Very curious about this OP magazine and whether or not it'll be available in other regions (probably not right away but maybe once the novel is complete we could at least get that as a book or something?).

Thank you Sandman!!!

Reverie and wano at the same time? kaidou and reverie?

Kaidou knows about the fishman ancient weapon from Caribou. The fishman princess ancient weapon is going to reverie... Will kaidou show up at reverie to steal the fishman princess?

So maybe reverie is the pre wano arc, with kaidou. same way punk hazard was for dressrosa.

Sandman thanks a lot for your effort to provide us with information about Jump Festa. I wish I could go as well anyways do you think it would be worth it to go to Jump Festa without understanding Japanese :?

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

@RealMazen:

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by RealMazen View Post
    You're right, but she wasn't "really" one of the straw hats until the Enies Lobby fiasco. By then she fit all of the usual criteria. Jinbe doesn't have a "job" that only he can do like the others. He's a helmsman, but almost everyone on the crew has played that role so it's useless. He doesn't have his own tragic background story. The FI flashback wasn't about him & he wasn't in it very much. He doesn't have a damsel arc focused on him. He wasn't even in the FI arc that much & didn't contribute a major role in the arc besides the blood thing. He doesn't have a real connection to any SH aside from Luffy.
    Plenty of the Straw Hats didn't join because of their roles. There wasn't even a job selected for Usopp until AFTER he joined, where Luffy noticed that he was good at aiming and decided he could be the crew's sniper. He joined because he became their comrade over the course of the Syrup Village arc. And the only crew positions that were active sought for were Zoro's, Chopper's, and Franky's (although luffy occasionally jokes about wanting a musician as a subtle way of teasing Brook's joining). The rest just happened to have convenient skills (especially Robin's, because nobody cared about her being an archaeologist and it only finally became relevant to their goals with the Road Poneglyphs being revealed in the Zou arc), and even then, they joined mainly because of how much they bonded over the course of an arc. The Straw Hats don't place an emphasis on crew positions determining the sole appeal of their crewmates at all rather than being comrades overall. And regardless, we're at a point in the story where new crew positions aren't that essential anymore and are more of accessories since Brook. Yet even then, if crew position teasing is valuable at all, then this page probably stands out:

Spoiler:

Jimbei does not have a strictly personal tragic backstory, sure. But that's not the sole point of these backstory flashbacks though. They're typically shown in order to elaborate on the dreams and struggles of the main characters, not for the sake of making them have terrible lives just for the sake of it. And the Fishman Island flashback did that in spades for Jimbei by focusing on the tension and tragedies of the racial conflict surrounding the Fishmen seeking peaceful co-existence and integration with humans.

Spoiler:

And I'm going to say this just because I've seen this type of retort from other Jimbei naysayers, but please don't try to argue that Jimbei's dream is somehow of less consequence or interest than the dreams of the other Straw Hats just because it isn't a grand title that's selfishly personal as becoming the Pirate King, World's Greatest Swordsman, or a Brave Warrior of the Sea (whatever that even means at this point since Usopp's technically already become that lol). Because it perfectly fits Jimbei's selfless personality as well as falling in lines with less feat-oriented dreams like Brook wanting to reunite with Laboon, Chopper wanting to see the world (along with wanting to become a doctor that could cure any illness on the side), finding the Rio Poneglyph, finding All Blue, creating a ship that can overcome hardships and make it to the end of the Grand Line, and making a map of the entire world (which isn't even going to be possible until after the story ends).

The characters who have "damsel in distress" arcs only happen after they get recruited by Luffy, so that comparison doesn't work at all.

Oda already confimed that there will be more than one new member so that's not a problem, no?
    And how exactly does that make Jimbei, the character whose bond with Luffy and the rest of the Straw Hats as well as overall story relevance has been built up for over half a decade now, less likely to be one of those new members? And that new member statement is iffy regardless because he could have also been talking about the Grand Fleet and other allies like Law, the samurai, and Minks being rounded up for Kaido's planned upheaval at Wano Country.

The arc is apparently half over & he's nowhere to be found.
    A lot can happen in over twenty chapters. Especially since it's inevitable for Luffy and Nami to release all of the captured rare creatures in Big Mom's library akin to the Grand Fleet allies in Dressrosa, meaning that there's still plenty of room for other characters to get involved with the arc. In fact, I wouldn't doubt that Jimbei might be imprisoned there himself for all we know. We really shouldn't doubt Oda's capabilities in having characters becoming relevant to an arc, especially with how much of a late and unexpected wild card Kuma was in Thriller Bark. Or how late Lola and her crew appeared in that arc too.

Okay, but why would he need some random color spread to vaguely foreshadow him joining if he already set it up in-story? Normally I'd accept it wholehearted but the circumstances (or lack of thereof) surrounding Jinbe being a strawhat (right now) are odd.
    Why would does a possible cover spread hint have to be essential? It could just be a fun tease, especially since it's meant to commemorate the 20th Anniversary of the series.

Also, I assume that you're not familiar with Oda laying out hints in his art before. Like acknowledging how Usopp's lies always come true in some form:

Spoiler:

Or hinting at Sanji's secret origins, which he has been hinting directly in the story since mentioning he was from North Blue:

Spoiler:

Not to mention teasing Kaido's design in this color spread on the upper-left corner (which was shown off in Chapter 693, 102 chapters before his on-panel introduction:

Spoiler:

And guess what Oda decided to showcase for Jimbei as a subtle detail in his art:

Spoiler:

Jimbei joining is pretty apparent. It's just dragged out probably for plot reasons we will will see as Totland progresses as well as the potentially factors in how that is bounty was higher than Luffy's before the end of Dressrosa (it's stated to be over 400,000,000 Beli), as well as the fact that Doflamingo needed to be a credibly intimidating threat as the last Shichibukai arc antagonist (Law was one of them as well, but also on-par with Luffy as members of the Worst Generation). Yet even then, the end of Fishman Island practically guaranteed that Jimbei needing to settle business with Big Mom meant he would have to show up in her arc. And he can't join after the arc or settling his negotiations on his own because of how anticlimactic that would be after years of build-up. He will show up again in the next several chapters. And he will join. He's not going to be another Vivi.

EDIT: Reverie arc next year? Interesting. I was initially betting on it happening right after Wano Country, but happening before also makes sense. I expect it to directly tie into Wano Country in some way though. Like, I don't know, a Calamity or even Kaido showing up because of Caribou spilling the beans about Shirahoshi being Poseidon. The Neptune Family did mention how it might be a bit risky to bring her up to the surface.
    Last edited by Count Mario; December 18th, 2016 at 01:24 AM.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

with due respect Count Mario,please refrain from your 'standard size' posting in this thread at least.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    with due respect Count Mario,please refrain from your 'standard size' posting in this thread at least.
    Duly noted. But my "standard size" posting is typical much longer than that lol.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

So if Oda plans to fit the Reverie arc as well, then WCI can't last too much longer.

Jeez, things are really speeding up. You have to really question if the ending of this arc will be satisfying enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    So if Oda plans to fit the Reverie arc as well, then WCI can't last too much longer.

Jeez, things are really speeding up. You have to really question if the ending of this arc will be satisfying enough.
    Eh, it really depends. Since it's extremely unlikely for the Straw Hats to be present (like it should be, since these established supporting characters representing the Straw Hats' heroic influence would be beautiful storytelling and worldbuilding), this "arc" might last ten chapters or even less. It all depends.

But yeah, that doesn't help how I'm slightly concerned with Totland's length myself lol.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Eh, it really depends. Since it's extremely unlikely for the Straw Hats to be present (like it should be, since these established supporting characters representing the Straw Hats' heroic influence would be beautiful storytelling and worldbuilding), this "arc" might last ten chapters or even less. It all depends.

But yeah, that doesn't help how I'm slightly concerned with Totland's length myself lol.
    The big question is how long the Reverie arc will be. Could it be 15 chapters? Or might it only be 7 or 8 chapters and peaceful and just have some worldbuilding and maybe hints at what the WG plans? For all we know, WCI could last another 20 chapters, Reverie is 15 chapters, then Wano starts in the final few weeks of 2017.

When it comes to WCI, 20-25 chapters is a TON of time. And, if we're being honest, there aren't all that many moving parts. It's not like Dressrosa where there was so much stuff going on where it took time deal with it all. I feel like we're getting close to the climax of WCI, yet at the same time I feel like something could happen that could derail the current situation for several chapters. The only real big question mark I can think of is Jinbe's situation, but it's not a giant subplot like the Dwarves' rescue, at least from what we've seen. However, i am still worried.

I'm just hoping BM is actually dealt with and it isn't just "okay, we made it out alive, we'll deal with her later" and something like Jinbei joined as the payoff for this arc. I really do hope 2017 will be successful for the series.

Reverie and Wano can go(i bet) simultaneously,so none of of them require any chapter constraints...
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Ah come on! I pointed out the same thing 2 pages ago yesterday!
    Oh you are right. I didn't see your comment, sorry.

Reverie AND Wano next year sounds amazing. Thanks for the info, Sandman!

Prediction: Reverie might be around 10-13 chapters long.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post

oh boy..... that's so cool

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    The big question is how long the Reverie arc will be.

The only real big question mark I can think of is Jinbe's situation, but it's not a giant subplot like the Dwarves' rescue, at least from what we've seen. However, i am still worried.

I'm just hoping BM is actually dealt with and it isn't just "okay, we made it out alive, we'll deal with her later" and something like Jinbei joined as the payoff for this arc. I really do hope 2017 will be successful for the series.
    Any length up to ten chapters is possible. I don't think more than that is possible with how centric the story has been on the Straw Hats' adventures despite the insane amount of worldbuilding. It's just that I doubt Oda and his editor would be hyping up Wano Country if it was going to release during the final weeks of 2017. Making such an announcement makes more sense if it were to start during the likes of summer or fall.

I agree, but I would appreciate plot threads like Chopper in Mirror Land getting expanded a bit. And Brook getting a properly difficult fight to invest in for once in this story. But those are personal whims. And the Swirly Hats being out of the story of Dressrosa for about seventy chapters has always concerned me (but then again, those seventy chapters juggled a LOT of characters and plot lines besides the Straw Hats. But the pacing of the arc works out, especially if there is luckily thirty chapters somehow instead of just twenty.

There's still the fate of Pekoms, who probably got rescued by the Sun Pirates. A Jimbei sub-plot isn't completely impossible lol. But I agree about Big Mom as well. Not that she actually gets defeated in a physical fight, but that the tenuous relationship between her, the Straw Hats, and Fishman Island gets solved this arc (as well as Germa 66 and Firetank Pirates).

Reverie and Wano can go(i bet) simultaneously,so none of of them require any chapter constraints...
    It's possible. But only at the beginning of Wano Country. In the sort of fashion of how Oda likes to switch the story to scenes with other locations and characters during the transition between the end of the current arc and beginning of the new one. I think he could even do the Reverie in less than five chapters, which is what I've been expecting all along. But the Reverie being name dropped so specifically like that has me wondering...

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Any length up to ten chapters is possible. I don't think more than that is possible with how centric the story has been on the Straw Hats' adventures despite the insane amount of worldbuilding. It's just that I doubt Oda and his editor would be hyping up Wano Country if it was going to release during the final weeks of 2017. Making such an announcement makes more sense if it were to start during the likes of summer or fall.

I agree, but I would appreciate plot threads like Chopper in Mirror Land getting expanded a bit. And Brook getting a properly difficult fight to invest in for once in this story. But those are personal whims. And the Swirly Hats being out of the story of Dressrosa for about seventy chapters has always concerned me (but then again, those seventy chapters juggled a LOT of characters and plot lines besides the Straw Hats. But the pacing of the arc works out, especially if there is luckily thirty chapters somehow instead of just twenty.

There's still the fate of Pekoms, who probably got rescued by the Sun Pirates. A Jimbei sub-plot isn't completely impossible lol. But I agree about Big Mom as well. Not that she actually gets defeated in a physical fight, but that the tenuous relationship between her, the Straw Hats, and Fishman Island gets solved this arc (as well as Germa 66 and Firetank Pirates).

It's possible. But only at the beginning of Wano Country. In the sort of fashion of how Oda likes to switch the story to scenes with other locations and characters during the transition between the end of the current arc and beginning of the new one. I think he could even do the Reverie in less than five chapters, which is what I've been expecting all along. But the Reverie being name dropped so specifically like that has me wondering...
    Reverie is too tricky to be solved so quickly.I expect racial segregation to Neptune and co.,Cobra,Riku,Elizabello all coming to their support,some drama with Shirahoshi and Vivi and more unexpected things.it's been hyped for so long...
    Also Oda is more and more indulging in handling multiple stories at once,so it is not that difficult for him to carry two arcs simultaneously.

Reverie is too tricky to be solved so quickly.I expect racial segregation to Neptune and co.,Cobra,Riku,Elizabello all coming to their support,some drama with Shirahoshi and Vivi and more unexpected things.it's been hyped for so long...
    Also Oda is more and more indulging in handling multiple stories at once,so it is not that difficult for him to carry two arcs simultaneously.
    But even though he likes to juggle plot threads more than ever, they're still connected in being on the same general location and being pieces of an overall narrative. Two completely different locations with different pacing, characters, and narrative focus (although I do expect some connections with Wano Country) is a whole other ballgame that I can't see happening. Not that it's impossible or that I think it can't be done well, it's just too radical for me to consider when I think of One Piece's narrative patterns.

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information