+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Jump Festa 2017 (December 17-18)

Default Re: Jump Festa 2017 (December 17-18)

Quote Originally Posted by Eustlass kidd View Post
    Is it worth dressing up?

How do you get to the one piece stage?

Also if anyone is going to be there would be cool to meet :)
    There is absolutely no need for dressing up.
    When you enter Makuhari Messe, where Jump Festa is held, staffs are supposed to give you a guidebook including a map.

From official website:
    Hidden:
    By the way, if you want to watch OP Super Stage from near the front row, you need to go there at least several hours ago before the show begins.
    I hope you'll enjoy Jump Festa and Japan.

According to Jump Festa 2017 official website, there will be a special section called "ONE PIECE 20th anniversary exhibition".

- Oda's original drawings including impressive OP scenes will be displayed.

- Oda talks about the memories about these 20 years' serialization (recorded audio, probably).

- Oda's new drawing and a message for Jump Festa will be displayed.

- The successive editors will reveal a secret episode about Oda.

- The protagonists in Jump will horse around with Luffy.

- Some collaboration drawing will be displayed.

- “Stamp Rally” will be held.
    * A “stamp rally” is a gimmick usually used to entice visitors at a conference or fair to visit every vendor. Upon entering, the visitor is given a sheet with blank spaces where the stamps will go.
    As they visit each vendor, their sheet is stamped. When the sheet is full, they turn it in for a prize or entry into a raffle. The rubber stamps at these events are usually very simple designs, but can on occasion be quite elaborate.

source: http://www.jumpfesta.com/shueisha/genga/
    Last edited by sandman; December 11th, 2016 at 05:31 PM.

Thanks for the info Sandman.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    - Oda talks about the memories about these 20 years' serialization (recorded audio, probably).
    That seems so interesting! Do you think is there a chance we could find that recording somewhere on the internet after the Jump Festa? Or even just some translations of it?

I wanna see how this turns out actually.

Hidden:

According to Jump Festa 2017 official website, there will be a special section called "ONE PIECE 20th anniversary exhibition".

- Oda's original drawings including impressive OP scenes will be displayed.

- Oda's new drawing and a message for Jump Festa will be displayed.

- The successive editors will reveal a secret episode about Oda.

- Some collaboration drawing will be displayed.

- “Stamp Rally” will be held.
    * A “stamp rally” is a gimmick usually used to entice visitors at a conference or fair to visit every vendor. Upon entering, the visitor is given a sheet with blank spaces where the stamps will go.
    As they visit each vendor, their sheet is stamped. When the sheet is full, they turn it in for a prize or entry into a raffle. The rubber stamps at these events are usually very simple designs, but can on occasion be quite elaborate.

source: http://www.jumpfesta.com/shueisha/genga/
    These sound very interesting, especially the part about the various protagonists messing with Luffy! :)

Thanks s bunch, sandman
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 9/27/18)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)

I hope is historic protagonists, and not just modern, because beyond 4th wall jokes with gintoki, deku fangasming (or trying to capture him, a pirate is a villian after all), and luffy trying some of Soma's experiments (still better than his "curry"), there isn't a lot of interesting possibilities . Asta is just such a flat character, who's only character traits are " being hyper" and "being inspiring", Emma having fun is in too much dissonance with her manga, having a sumo match would be OK, but a volleyball game or even better a dance competition would be hilarious.
    Last edited by maxterdexter; December 14th, 2016 at 02:52 AM.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I'm in Jump Festa. Took some pics.

Last edited by sandman; December 16th, 2016 at 07:11 PM.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

I always enjoy seeing the Straw Hats wear unique outfits with unified colors, such as the black suits in Strong World, red outfits in Z, and the respective white and black attire in Gold. But those blue clothes take the cake for my favorite Straw Hat crew dress code. I like how even Brook's spirit powers seem to be light blue.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Took more.

Hidden:

Better version found on someone’s Twitter
    Last edited by sandman; December 16th, 2016 at 07:13 PM.

Sanji's dream achieved.

8 more to go.

:P

Hidden:

I'm sad that Jinbe couldn't make it to the anniversary artwork.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    I'm sad that Jinbe couldn't make it to the anniversary artwork.
    The fact that everybody is wearing blue almost makes me feel like it's deliberate spite against the Knight of the Sea.

lol But hopefully there's more artwork to come in the second half of 2017, which is around the time he should join.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

There is a shark on the right and a whale on the left.
    Shark+Whale= Whale-Shark.

JINBE CONFIRMED!

:P

Hidden:

Oda's comment:

"I've heard that ONE PIECE will enter 20th anniversary. 20 years of serialization, but still OP has not finished yet. What the hell with this?

Anyway, I promise you to draw a great life of a pirate named Monkey D Luffy thoroughly since I've already come this far. I really appreciate your support!!"

Hidden:

Last edited by sandman; December 16th, 2016 at 08:24 PM.

I guess Oda really loved that flashback doesn't he?

Hidden:

I was hoping that I'd see Jinbei swimming around in the background of that colour spread.

Still, all of this looks really cool, and I can't wait to find out what sort of info we learn from this event!

The sky is so BLUE !!!!!!!!!!

Wow, amazing
    "Happily ever after is so once upon a time"

So cool! Thanks for all the pictures!
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Here are current/previous OP editors' comments about Oda which were revealed in Jump Festa:

[Editor Asada] *EDITED
    Oda and I went to a bookshop in Hibarigaoka on the release date of OP volume 1.
    Both of us raised our fists in triumph when we saw a reader bought the volume. After that, we held a meeting. Such an innocent days.

[Editor Habuta]
    When I received color spreads from Oda, I always wondered why he had time enough to draw in detail.
    The mystery solved when I saw him drawing a color spread in "Jump Ryu". Oda is incredibly fast at drawing with his pen!!

[Editor Kawashima]
    Oda's favorite food is "MEAT". He always bought beef bowls (a bowl of rice topped with cooked beef and onions).
    Even after he stayed up all night, he devoured a beef bowl... I thought he looked exactly like Luffy.
    Hidden:
    beef bowl in Japan

[Editor Onishi]
    Oda amazingly finished creating the draft sketches of chapter 498 including the character designs of all Supernovas only in 5 hours!! I thought he is indeed genius.

[Editor Hattori]
    I had much trouble working with Oda. For example, he made super-long phone calls and unprecedented demands to me.
    That being said, all of Oda's ideas and actions lead to the big success of OP. I was happy to witness the awesomeness of OP.
    Be sure to look forward to the future story after 20th anniversary!

[Editor Isaka]
    I laughed so hard when Oda's current studio was constructed since there is a shark in his restroom. His studio is full of his personality to entertain others.
    Hidden:
    [Editor Sugita]
    Oda loves barbecue. No other mangakas can grill meats better than him! Oda is MEAT MASTER!!
    He is actually a super-wild guy in that sense. No matter how busy he is, our Captain Oda always grills meat and appreciate our effort!
    I'm getting better at lighting a fire thanks to him!

[Funny trivia]
    Current OP editor Sugita was supposed to join a quiz show in Jump Festa today, but he couldn't.
    It was because he was too busy with his work in order to receive a OP script in Oda's studio.

By the way, this color spread is supposed to be included in Weekly Shonen Jump Issue 6 (chapter 851).
    Hidden:

Last edited by sandman; December 17th, 2016 at 06:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information