+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Halloween Costume Help

Default Halloween Costume Help

So, I have a conundrum I'm polling people for help with. Figured I'd post here to to cast a wide net (sorry if I posted this in the wrong place)

My work is doing a Costume contest on Halloween, so this is an opportunity to go into work wearing a costume. I wanna do this pretty bad, but didn't have a "New" costume ready in time for Halloween this year. I'm gonna do either Rey from Star Wars or Lady Deadpool.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out which costume I should wear to work. The options are Lady Deadpool or Rey.
    the advantage to Rey is I can wear the whole costume and all props without issue. The downside is, My best friend Jessica is usually with me when I'm Rey, as BB-8 (her BB-8 costume is amazing) and since this is at work, she can't go with me plus I've already worn it to one party this month, and I'll be wearing it at other events later in the month/early next month WITH Jessica, so I KINDA wanna switch it up a bit.

The downside to Lady Deadpool is, most of the accessories at least look like real weapons which is obviously no bueno at work.

Jessica had an idea on the Lady Deadpool deal which was that I mod the costume to be "Business casual" Lady Deadpool with maybe a collared shirt on top of the rest of the costume and a tie and stuff. Could work since she's a comedic character, but I want a creative replacement for the weapons, most specifically what to put in the gun holsters and what to put on my back in place of the swords.

I'm looking for clever/funny ideas for that going with the theme of "Business Casual" Lady Deadpool.

If I can find something funny/clever to do in that ballpark, I wanna do Lady Deadpool. otherwise, I'm going with Rey.

Anybody have any ideas/suggestions?

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Default Re: Halloween Costume Help

That is brilliant.

Staplers/rubber bands instead of guns.
    I'd use one of the gun holster as a pencil cup or something of the sort.
    a rolled up business presentation and one of them pointer sticks instead of swords. An aggressive business plan, if you will.

You could go all the way and actually print out at kinkos or something a massive line graph detailing awesomeness levels at the office with a peak, and in crayons write a comment with an arrow pointing to that peak. The comment is a cartoony lady deadpool face and the line "youre welcome"
    That way if people asked about the rolled up plan you have something to show.

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

Stapler gun!

Also you say business casual, but what do you do for work? Might give an idea for what exactly you could carry around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt monkey AL View Post
    Stapler gun!

Also you say business casual, but what do you do for work? Might give an idea for what exactly you could carry around.
    IT Tech support. I fix computers and talk on the phone.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

If you have any extra rack parts lying around (for routers or switches), I'd use those as maybe "swords". If it's not that kind of IT, then maybe find extra cords that you can say are whips or for Lady Deadpool's night life. Screwdrivers, and tweezers, and maybe some thermal compound? Maybe be a bit more silly and get a pocket protector, and thick framed glasses (probably red to contrast with the mask - or not if you can't wear the mask at work).
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information