+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1061

Thread: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

  1. #1001

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    It's as you say, Rowling is in no danger of actually being silenced by the twitter mobs. She's too big.

    However both her and Trump don't need to be threatened. They only need to "appear" like they trying to be silenced for it to work in their favor. As going by Rowling's twitter, a lot of the people who are supporting her seem to be glad that she is "standing up against being silenced".

    So you're right in that it's important to not allow her views to be normalized but just that feeling that she's being censored is enough to spur support for her. It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't. I would ultimately prefer the discourse solution because at least the more intelligent side can actually put out actual life experiences and actual data and actual truthful information so hopefully people can get the right idea.

    I can understand even moreso why America is afraid of censorship with big boogeyman China around the corner. *cough*Blitzchung*cough*.
    The discourse solution does happen on the side though. While people obviously get radicalized by troll twitter responses, it still is possible for people on the outside to see the fuss being raised and have a conversation about it and reach better understanding. Much like what is happening here!

    You can probably do a cursory search on google or YouTube and see multiple people talking about this and why it’s a problem, without them resorting to the extremes of twitter. But for those conversations to happen there had to be a fuss in the first place.
    It’s very similar to the idea of protest. People would love to be able to just sit down and talk about things to solve them, but when that clearly doesn’t work or yield results it can help to actually protest in order for awareness to exist and be elevated to a wider audience. It’s the one way you can even the scales when the person on the other side has instant access to an audience of thousands.

  2. #1002

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Joanne’s retweeting Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Bethany Mandel right now, which should show you what her real agenda is at this point.

  3. #1003
    Voici La Chévre Wagomu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Location

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    It's as you say, Rowling is in no danger of actually being silenced by the twitter mobs. She's too big.

    However both her and Trump don't need to be threatened. They only need to "appear" like they trying to be silenced for it to work in their favor. As going by Rowling's twitter, a lot of the people who are supporting her seem to be glad that she is "standing up against being silenced".

    So you're right in that it's important to not allow her views to be normalized but just that feeling that she's being censored is enough to spur support for her. It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't. I would ultimately prefer the discourse solution because at least the more intelligent side can actually put out actual life experiences and actual data and actual truthful information so hopefully people can get the right idea.

    I can understand even moreso why America is afraid of censorship with big boogeyman China around the corner. *cough*Blitzchung*cough*.
    Actions have consequences. If you spread hate, you deserve hate. There is no debate between the gun and its target.

    Bigots know this and confuse people with it. They seek platforms, not debate. They seek power, not knowledge. The consequence of letting bigots speak isn't the furthering of some discourse, but the creation of more bigots time and time again.

    If you truly care about free speech, then you have to understand that maintaining it means taking responsibility for it. If free speech goes unchecked and allows bigotry to flourish, it will soon find itself withering from that festering growth.

    If you truly care about free speech, don't defend the rights of bigots to threaten their victims, protect the victims' rights to retaliate against their victimizers.

    3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

  4. #1004

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Ugh... "Cancel Culture" isn't really a thing.

    It's just people criticizing people for their bad behavior and some opportunistic cyberbully trolls injecting themselves into the discourse like they do for everything online.

    Right now you can't say "I don't like Zack Snyder's DC Movies" on twitter without attracting an army of cyberbully trolls.

    They suck, they're awful, I don't condone or agree with what they're doing in any way, especially the ones who do death threats. That shit is vile no matter where it comes from, but "Cancel Culture" as it's commonly believed to be isn't real.

    Nobody who gets "Cancel Cultured" is ever actually really silenced.

    Go to JK Rowling's twitter right now and look at the newest tweet about this and it's 75% people hugboxing her telling her how amazing and brave she is for standing up to the mean icky transes, 20% respectful disagreement and callouts, the worst of which I've seen was just "You're a transphobe", "Defund JK Rowling" and "Ok Karen". and the other 5%, which might be generous because I could only find two. Literally Two Posts that were just images of memes that said some form of "Fuck JK Rowling".

    The Majority of the posts from people on the Pro-Trans side are legitimately trying to educate her. Explaining how the rate of detransition she seems to think is the norm is misrepresented, citing studies and facts. Asking her to listen to trans people. Saying that they're disappointed in her.
    Uuuuuuu...I agree with you entirely but Twitter will ban anyone who says anything bad about other user. That's how moderation works.

    Still Fuck JK Rowling. Thank god I dropped Harry Potter before she went hateful.

  5. #1005

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    Who said anything about her being open minded?

    The problem is that people like Rowling latch onto the people telling her to "fuck off" and use that as a window of opprotunity.

    "Oh look at these people who won't be open to any form of discourse!!!".

    The less people that do that, the less chance people will be able try and sympathize through so-called censorship. And the less she'll be able to bullshit her way through it because you'll see no actual cases of that so called "suppression".

    Much like how no one can actually pin violent video games on shooters because of incredibly rare they actually correlate.

    The best way to beat her is to stay on the actual high road and condemn those who are just going "stfu" because it just isn't helping.
    That isn't going to accomplish jack shit.
    She will still sling her crap as loud and proud as ever.

  6. #1006

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    Still Fuck JK Rowling. Thank god I dropped Harry Potter before she went hateful.
    I get the impression that everything after the main series was pretty mediocre anyway.

    Deathly Hallows was the last thing I read by her, and I used my local library to read all the books so she didn't get a dime from me.

  7. #1007
    Discovered Stowaway Zeorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In the Shadows

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    You realize that under fascist rule and dictatorships they suppress and censor the media and anyone that might stand up to them? Trump's entire Presidency has been to try and discredit all media that does not agree with him.

    If people like that are allowed to spread their hate and vitriol and there is no voice to stand against them and say this is wrong it just leads to tyranny.

    The same thing happens with hate directed toward specific groups of people. There are plenty of ignorant people in the world who are always looking for something to blame for their problems and to take their frustration out on.

    President Trump says all Mexican immigrants are rapists and criminals, all his white followers think "I already don't trust them because they come to this country illegally which makes them criminals. Plus they speak some foreign language I don't understand so who knows what evil things they could be planning. If they're already criminals then why not steal, kill, and worse."

    They say "People only want to use other restrooms so they can get up to their evil ways." This is easy for them to believe because people like President Trump walk into changing rooms where models are naked because he wants to see naked girls and has the power to get away with it. So in their pea-sized brain they think "Yeah, I'd say I thought I was a girl too if I could use the girls' bathroom and changing room along with them."

    For every idiot that is allowed to get away with these things and spread their ideas the situation won't change.

    If the North didn't go to war with the South and just said "Let them believe black people aren't people, they're slaves, they can think whatever they want," there would still be a South with slaves wouldn't there?

    Change for good doesn't happen when good people sit idly by and let hate spread.

    Why does every person say "I'm not a racist" when they clearly are? They know that being a racist is bad, yet unless the other 99.9% of people call them racist and reject them they won't change. As long as they still have people that agree with them and support them they can still claim "I'm not racist because these other people agree with me."
    Avatar Artist: Aapo Niemi

  8. #1008

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    I do think intelligent discourse is preferable to Screaming and shouting, but I can understand why people can get to that point

  9. #1009
    The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Somewhere or other

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    I think if we want change to happen we must educate the ones who believe in false beliefs like J.K. If they can't listen to us we move on.
    She's not out to get trans people, she just is misinformed about it.
    Instead provide actual criticism and factual information to them, if they don't listen, than fuck them.
    The problem with what Rowling is saying and doing is that she's willfully misinformed. I read through this latest tweet thread too, and it's like Rin and others have said: yes, there are people who have sent her death or rape threats, and yes, that is absolutely unacceptable and inexcusable. But plenty more people who replied to her did not threaten her or call her names, just expressed disappointment, and a fair few of them did, in fact, try to provide correct information, sometimes even in the form of proper studies, science, papers, readings, other articles.

    She continues to, by all indications, not read or take in any of them, nor make any efforts of her own to properly educate herself in any of the wide multitude of ways available. She continues to only post so-called "facts" that fit into her narrative that trans people somehow have an "agenda" that's harmful to children and ciswomen, and essentially sticks her fingers in her ears and goes "I can't hear you, la-la-la" to any and all of the overwhelming evidence that contradicts this narrative. Sometimes literally, since she frequently disables comments on her tweets (like she did for that "TERF Wars" essay she wrote), which stops it from being any kind of discussion and just turns it into her stating her opinion without allowing anybody to criticize it or tell her she's wrong.

    And then, on top of that, she has the nerve to act like she's the biggest victim here because of the backlash she gets for it. Again, people threatening to hurt or kill her is wrong, and the people harmed by what she says should not do that, ever. But that's a classic move for a bigot: release her bigoted opinions and then act like a martyr, like she's being so brave for doing so in spite of the all the nasty, horrible opposition she gets for it, as if what she's going through is so much worse than the struggles of the very people she's bigoted against. It's disgusting.

    Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    Even famous people should have their right to their opinion and not just agree with everyone else going against their viewpoints even if they are ones that are false. I feel like people have the right to speak their mind, honestly.
    . . .
    But that's how it feels like in this thread, people want her to be silent and not speak her own opinion.
    . . .
    Yeah, but like I mentioned even famous people deserve their right to speak their mind even if it is not the most popular opinion.
    . . .
    I disagree. It's their opinion, they have the right to be themselves even if it is toxic.
    And thus, building on what I said above, she's not just "spreading her opinion". Not only is she misinformed, she's spreading that misinformation to many thousands of people who idolize her and believe in her. Even worse since she's a writer; writers typically have to do a lot of research for their books, so plenty of these many thousands of people who look up to her and see her saying these things will have even more reason to just believe what she says at face value, assuming she knows what she's talking about. And then just ignore the correct info that other people post because they assume Rowling knows more about the issue than some random person on the internet who's contradicting her, when in fact it's the other way around.

    So no, someone should not be able to "have the right to speak their mind" and share that "opinion" with others if doing so includes information that, at absolute best, has a tiny kernel of truth to it that's been wildly twisted to paint a completely different picture, and at worst (and the majority of the time), is outright untrue. Hell, libel and slander--in addition to being (rightfully) illegal--is just heavily frowned upon anyway because it involves actively spreading false information about someone before bothering to confirm that it's true. By actively avoiding many opportunities to become better informed, only seeing what she wants to see (as I mentioned above), and then passing that to other people, Rowling is doing something that's not really much different than slander, just to an entire, already-marginalized group of people instead of just one person.

    Which, actually, makes this other quote pretty ironic:
    Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    Yeah, exactly. It's slander basically.
    So she regularly spreads highly misinformed thoughts and then plays the victim card when people call her out on them, but when someone says something that could be taken as implying she's a pedophile (but also could be taken other several other ways; I genuinely don't know what was in the the article that other person posted in the tweet she replied to, so I don't know how they actually meant it, but I myself wouldn't want her around any kids I know either because she's a friggen bigot, and that was my first thought for what this person meant, as well), she threatens to sue, again acting like a martyr. Way to be a hypocrite, Rowling.

    Honestly, us trans people shouldn't let negative people's opinions about us control how we act in life.
    It's just a word.
    The point still stands. Don't let people get to you, and I know plenty of other trans folk that get annoyed by the sensitive ones.
    When someone says something insulting about a person or group of people, the onus is not on the insulted party to just get over it, let it slide, or not be offended by it. These aren't "just words". Words can and do hurt. If I were to go around saying horribly racist shit about black people, me trying to defend it when they understandably were upset about it by saying "Well, I was just saying what I think about them, they were the ones who let it offend them, so I should be able to keep doing it!" would absolutely not be seen as an acceptable response, nor should it. Or if Alice was bullying Jane by saying things like "You're ugly!" "You're gross!" "Your voice sounds dumb!", it would not be okay for the teacher to say "Well, I'm going to let Alice keep doing it because she was just expressing her honest thoughts about Jane, Jane shouldn't have let it bother her so much." (Something like that actually was the general response to bullying back in the day, and today, that method is treated by most people with the scorn and derision it deserves.)

    It is true that some people choose to take everything in the worst way possible, but most insulted parties are at least willing to look at the intent of the speaker and, if it's clear that their insensitivity was not intentional, call them out on the effect their words have in a way that isn't overly harsh. But that's definitely not the case with Rowling, who is not innocent, and is unapologetic, in the things she says, and thus, the people who get angry, respond to her with vitriol, and tell her to stop saying these things are nowhere near as much of a problem as Rowling herself is.
    Hidden:

  10. #1010

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    The problem with what Rowling is saying and doing is that she's willfully misinformed. I read through this latest tweet thread too, and it's like Rin and others have said: yes, there are people who have sent her death or rape threats, and yes, that is absolutely unacceptable and inexcusable. But plenty more people who replied to her did not threaten her or call her names, just expressed disappointment, and a fair few of them did, in fact, try to provide correct information, sometimes even in the form of proper studies, science, papers, readings, other articles.

    I understand. I have not read much of her tweets, and even if she disagrees, I really don't seem to have a problem with it. If you can't change someone, can't do anything about it. I would be one of those would send in lots of evidence on the topic, I'm very much for trans right, and very vocal about to people who disagree. At the same time, I don't want to force it upon them.

    She continues to, by all indications, not read or take in any of them, nor make any efforts of her own to properly educate herself in any of the wide multitude of ways available. She continues to only post so-called "facts" that fit into her narrative that trans people somehow have an "agenda" that's harmful to children and ciswomen, and essentially sticks her fingers in her ears and goes "I can't hear you, la-la-la" to any and all of the overwhelming evidence that contradicts this narrative. Sometimes literally, since she frequently disables comments on her tweets (like she did for that "TERF Wars" essay she wrote), which stops it from being any kind of discussion and just turns it into her stating her opinion without allowing anybody to criticize it or tell her she's wrong.
    I see. Yeah, I get that. I think it's just cognitive dissonance/confirmation bias to be honest. Yeah, I guess she wants to post her viewpoint without the criticism, which I don't care, it's her page, she can do want she wants. I think people should just leave her alone. Maybe she is even doing this for attention, who knows.

    And then, on top of that, she has the nerve to act like she's the biggest victim here because of the backlash she gets for it. Again, people threatening to hurt or kill her is wrong, and the people harmed by what she says should not do that, ever. But that's a classic move for a bigot: release her bigoted opinions and then act like a martyr, like she's being so brave for doing so in spite of the all the nasty, horrible opposition she gets for it, as if what she's going through is so much worse than the struggles of the very people she's bigoted against. It's disgusting.
    Well, it feels like to me she is being a victim with the threats and stuff. So, maybe the focus was on that. Though I think people should just give up trying to change her mind, she won't listen, so it's better to leave her be. That's what I would have done. I would honestly agree to disagree with her.

    And thus, building on what I said above, she's not just "spreading her opinion". Not only is she misinformed, she's spreading that misinformation to many thousands of people who idolize her and believe in her. Even worse since she's a writer; writers typically have to do a lot of research for their books, so plenty of these many thousands of people who look up to her and see her saying these things will have even more reason to just believe what she says at face value, assuming she knows what she's talking about. And then just ignore the correct info that other people post because they assume Rowling knows more about the issue than some random person on the internet who's contradicting her, when in fact it's the other way around.
    Though see here's where I respectfully disagree. I think that's looking a bit far. I feel like many believe are more rational about trans issues and would disagree. I'm still a fan of her books for example, and I know she's believing in false claims. I don't feel like she has that type of influence over people to make them believe what she says.

    So no, someone should not be able to "have the right to speak their mind" and share that "opinion" with others if doing so includes information that, at absolute best, has a tiny kernel of truth to it that's been wildly twisted to paint a completely different picture, and at worst (and the majority of the time), is outright untrue. Hell, libel and slander--in addition to being (rightfully) illegal--is just heavily frowned upon anyway because it involves actively spreading false information about someone before bothering to confirm that it's true. By actively avoiding many opportunities to become better informed, only seeing what she wants to see (as I mentioned above), and then passing that to other people, Rowling is doing something that's not really much different than slander, just to an entire, already-marginalized group of people instead of just one person.
    Oh, I tend to see slander/libel towards a specific person. I think with trans stuff, many people still do not understand or want to believe the evidence that proves it's true. Honestly, with me specifically, I'm not really offended by her comments even though I'm trans. I'm used to this type of thing and I learned just to move on. I can't do nothing to change her mind, but I don't wanna force change. I used to try to force change on people and that didn't work out very well. But I understand where you are coming from with looking at possible outcomes that might happen because of said factors.

    Honestly for me personally, I'm fine with someone not believing trans people are who they say there, but we come to an agreement for them to respect my pronouns. I had this with a friend before, he called me a female and everything even though he did not believe in the idea of changing genders. I know it sounds weird how I handle things and not feeling annoyed about it. I don't know how to explain why I feel this way, etc.

    Which, actually, makes this other quote pretty ironic:
    So she regularly spreads highly misinformed thoughts and then plays the victim card when people call her out on them, but when someone says something that could be taken as implying she's a pedophile (but also could be taken other several other ways; I genuinely don't know what was in the the article that other person posted in the tweet she replied to, so I don't know how they actually meant it, but I myself wouldn't want her around any kids I know either because she's a friggen bigot, and that was my first thought for what this person meant, as well), she threatens to sue, again acting like a martyr. Way to be a hypocrite, Rowling.

    Well, I can I see the similarity, but I don't think she's a bigot. I think her sending misinformed information is not the same as implying she could be a predator. Though I think the sue thing was too drastic and over the top. To me, it's just something she believes in, while the other is more attacking towards her. I read some of her stuff, and she even respects other trans people pronouns and sees who they are. She's just expressing her worries because of her own experiences in life. (This was part of one of the things she said, in the paper.) I didn't read the whole thing, but I get it even if I disagree.

    When someone says something insulting about a person or group of people, the onus is not on the insulted party to just get over it, let it slide, or not be offended by it. These aren't "just words". Words can and do hurt. If I were to go around saying horribly racist shit about black people, me trying to defend it when they understandably were upset about it by saying "Well, I was just saying what I think about them, they were the ones who let it offend them, so I should be able to keep doing it!" would absolutely not be seen as an acceptable response, nor should it. Or if Alice was bullying Jane by saying things like "You're ugly!" "You're gross!" "Your voice sounds dumb!", it would not be okay for the teacher to say "Well, I'm going to let Alice keep doing it because she was just expressing her honest thoughts about Jane, Jane shouldn't have let it bother her so much." (Something like that actually was the general response to bullying back in the day, and today, that method is treated by most people with the scorn and derision it deserves.)
    Yeah, this statement, I honestly didn't explain myself well enough and I apologize about that. I mean with words like it's okay to use them in sense of banter, etc. but not to the point of bullying them and causing them harm. I didn't think about that bit when I wrote what I said. Though for me personally I was bullied by people's words, though I just learned to make a joke out of it, like for example I was called a c*unt and a Karen, I was like well I'm a female Squidward.

    Yes, not everyone can do that to stand up to bullies, this is only years later from high school. (Well, my mother was my own bully.) I was also talking more about slurs too. I do understand not everyone is me, and I have a problem in trying to say everyone can do what I do. Though it just reflect on context too and walking away from stuff, specifically as an adult, but not as a child. I just wanted to clarify that, I'm not good at explaining myself, so things come out wrong and confusing. I'm sorry for this. I hope I made better sense this time.

    It is true that some people choose to take everything in the worst way possible, but most insulted parties are at least willing to look at the intent of the speaker and, if it's clear that their insensitivity was not intentional, call them out on the effect their words have in a way that isn't overly harsh. But that's definitely not the case with Rowling, who is not innocent, and is unapologetic, in the things she says, and thus, the people who get angry, respond to her with vitriol, and tell her to stop saying these things are nowhere near as much of a problem as Rowling herself is.

    ff I understand even as mentioned before I disagree as it's just a different and bad belief, but most people don't even understand trans issues, so they let their fears get to them, I think maybe this is the case with Rowling. Thank you for insight and viewpoints, I respect what you say. At least I understand the other side of the situation, and I'm always about both sides, and this was a good example.

    I end this with a joke about J.K Rowling's name, it can be "Just Kidding Rowling." Yeah, weird joke, but I noticed that and thought it be funny to mention.

    Also, weird fact. You were in my dream last night, yet I never really talked with you or think about you. Maybe this was a prediction Or just a coincidence.

  11. #1011
    The Moustache Bandit Nolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the moustachy shadows~

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    On the topic of the UK and trans healthcare:
    A transman youtuber named Jamie has done multiple videos on the whole Rowling controversy and in one of them he talked about how since he started, accessing trans-related healthcare has become more difficult and complicated.

    I've linked the video at the exact timestamp he starts talking about the topic. The video description also has a link to his reference list.



    Just putting it out here to show legitimate debate instead of focusing solely on name-calling and threats.


  12. #1012

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    I could imagine that people can get high on and carried away with the power of being able to wield the mob to hit back. Even more so when you add that good versus bad dynamic, which always emboldens people to be cruel

  13. #1013

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I could imagine that people can get high on and carried away with the power of being able to wield the mob to hit back. Even more so when you add that good versus bad dynamic, which always emboldens people to be cruel
    Yeah... for wealthy celebrities like Rowling I could see the argument that a hate mob isn't going to seriously hurt them (and that the hate is justified because Rowling's an obvious bigot), but periodically random people get doxxed and harassed for long periods without having done much or anything wrong.

    Even B tier celebrities can suffer serious emotional and career harm despite being mostly or completely innocent.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; July 10th, 2020 at 08:53 PM.

  14. #1014

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Well, as many know I am trans male to female. I really want to improve on my voice and make it sound more female, as it honestly help me pass more, plus make me feel better about myself. What are some good resources to help me accomplish this?

  15. #1015

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    I just got approved for gender affirming surgery. It's not GRS, but it's something I've been very sensitive about for a long time that I don't know if I want to specify thanks to that sensitivity but I have a SURGERY DATE so I'm getting it fixed!!

    January 6th!!!

    I am SO excited! (And also a little nervous)

    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

  16. #1016
    New World Demon DemonX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Congrats and all the best!

  17. #1017

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Yay Yay Yay!!!!

    Congrats!

  18. #1018
    Bruh, spill the D. Cobra Banclock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Your Mom's, telling her I love her.

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    I just got approved for gender affirming surgery. It's not GRS, but it's something I've been very sensitive about for a long time that I don't know if I want to specify thanks to that sensitivity but I have a SURGERY DATE so I'm getting it fixed!!

    January 6th!!!

    I am SO excited! (And also a little nervous)
    Congratulations! What a good way to end this year and start the new one~

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    Well, as many know I am trans male to female. I really want to improve on my voice and make it sound more female, as it honestly help me pass more, plus make me feel better about myself. What are some good resources to help me accomplish this?
    A very basic thing you can do is start singing. Get some music you like, for extra motivation. Pick out music with a slightly higher pitch than your natural voice. Try to sing along. I'll see if I can find resources. All the best, girl. It's a tough journey, but don't give up.


  19. #1019

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    I just got approved for gender affirming surgery. It's not GRS, but it's something I've been very sensitive about for a long time that I don't know if I want to specify thanks to that sensitivity but I have a SURGERY DATE so I'm getting it fixed!!

    January 6th!!!

    I am SO excited! (And also a little nervous)
    Fuck yeah! That's so awesome! I'm so happy for you! And congrats!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Banclock View Post
    A very basic thing you can do is start singing. Get some music you like, for extra motivation. Pick out music with a slightly higher pitch than your natural voice. Try to sing along. I'll see if I can find resources. All the best, girl. It's a tough journey, but don't give up.
    Woo, I see! Thank you! My voice right now is well neutral, but want it to be more female basically. Thank you! I wait for those resources whenever you post them! ^^

  20. #1020
    The Moustache Bandit Nolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the moustachy shadows~

    Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    I just got approved for gender affirming surgery. It's not GRS, but it's something I've been very sensitive about for a long time that I don't know if I want to specify thanks to that sensitivity but I have a SURGERY DATE so I'm getting it fixed!!

    January 6th!!!

    I am SO excited! (And also a little nervous)
    That feeling before these surgeries is truly one of a kind. I hope you'll have calm and peaceful festivities and of course I wish you a swift recovery after 6th Jan.

    After having surgeries 2 years in a row, I kind of started to miss them, but then again, I'm glad to be over them. I still have "one more to go", but that won't be for another few years.


+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts