+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for the title of a french comic

Default Looking for the title of a french comic

Ok, so... many years ago... I actually went to a comic artist school. In that school there was a library stuffed with comics from all over the world. One comic I remember from back then was a french one. We actually only had album nr 2, it was in french and when I asked my teacher where he had got it from he said he'd gotten it from some expo abroad. From what I came to understand the protagonist was a black haired man that would hang out with a blond (short hair) woman and some older dude and they were fighting vampires. There was also this other woman, a vampire with long blond hair and a huge scar that covered half her face, and she knew the protagonist from their childhood (as seen in the picture, it's a flashback). I liked it so much that I used it for an assignment, which is why I have a badly scanned copy of the comic. I erased the text I had written but it was impossible to erase everything.

Anyhow, I asked my classmates (who all remembered it) if they remembered the title (they didn't), and so I figured I would ask elsewhere. It's about time I actually dug it up from the depths of amazon to own it, even if I still barely understand the language it's written in. I know it's on amazon because I looked it up back in the days and it was there but I was a broke student so I couldn't afford it.

So. The comic is... more than 10 years old. And in colour. And it comes in hard cover. And there should be more than 2 volumes. Any ideas?

Default Re: Looking for the title of a french comic

Hidden:

... Wow. Yeah, it is. Wow. I always thought this forum was awesome but this is more than awesome! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Skogstroll View Post
    ... Wow. Yeah, it is. Wow. I always thought this forum was awesome but this is more than awesome! Thank you!
    No problem! :D All I had to do was use a few search terms in French with the character names on the page you provided. Hope you find them for a good price! Amazon seems to be out of stock for all 3 volumes.
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    No problem! :D All I had to do was use a few search terms in French with the character names on the page you provided. Hope you find them for a good price! Amazon seems to be out of stock for all 3 volumes.
    Smart! I didn't even notice that their names were on the page. Opsie. Well, I still wouldn't have been able to find the comic with the names, but still! Very smart of you.

And I already bought all 3 albums! =) I used Amazon UK since I live in Europe and Brexit has the lose a ton of value so they were cheap! I pondered about waiting for my next paycheck but decided I didn't want to take any chances.
    Last edited by Skogstroll; October 4th, 2016 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skogstroll View Post
    Smart! I didn't even notice that their names were on the page. Opsie. Well, I still wouldn't have been able to find the comic with the names, but still! Very smart of you.

And I already bought all 3 albums! =) I used Amazon UK since I live in Europe and Brexit has the lose a ton of value so they were cheap! I pondered about waiting for my next paycheck but decided I didn't want to take any chances.
    Niiice xD I'm so used to Canadian Amazon either not having what I want in stock or having it for double or triple the price, and I totally forgot you can probably find things in stock in their international domains. I guess falling prices of merch is one positive thing to come out of the Brexit o.o if I lived there I'd be so tempted to buy all the things.
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    Niiice xD I'm so used to Canadian Amazon either not having what I want in stock or having it for double or triple the price, and I totally forgot you can probably find things in stock in their international domains. I guess falling prices of merch is one positive thing to come out of the Brexit o.o if I lived there I'd be so tempted to buy all the things.

Yeah, I've been pondering if I should finally get that Bon Clay figurine (the POP one from Megahouse) at last. It's still expensive though and I've already done a lot of things that cost money this month... and I also did a lot of expensive things last month, too. I want it badly, though, it's so wonderful. But expensive. I'd really like to get it under $100 but that's been impossible so far (I'm not a big collector, I only have a few figurines I really like and I'm not a pro when it comes to finding cheap, reliable sellers).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information