+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flashing lights in retro games

Default Flashing lights in retro games

I've recently started playing Dragon Quest 2 on NES, and the constant flashing lights are really hurting my eyes. Has anyone else had this problem with a video game before?

Default Re: Flashing lights in retro games

You mean the animation that usually depict a thunder, or when you kill an enemy and a white screen flashes 2-3 times before he disappears? I have never had a problem with it, though I have not been playing much lately.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

So far I never had issue like that. If I play the 3DS with the 3D on for prolonged period of time it makes my eyes uncomfortable but other than that nothing has really bothered me.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

I could see how that would be uncomfortable. Personally I have not experience much problems with light effects in games.

Not the same issue but games with super bright white make me nauseous(had the hardest time with Unfinished Swan) what helped me out was just wearing sun glasses. So maybe that's worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    Not the same issue but games with super bright white make me nauseous(had the hardest time with Unfinished Swan) what helped me out was just wearing sun glasses. So maybe that's worth a try.
    Thanks, that does seem to be helping. I also found this, but since I don't own an Everdrive N8 yet, I haven't tried it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information