+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What Anime Are You Watching?

Default What Anime Are You Watching?

I noticed that we didn't really have a place here to discuss non-current series, and us goats are notoriously prone to providing a location to talk about general anime and manga, so here we are.

Edit: Looks like we have a manga thread, so this one will be for anime.

---------------

I've been doing a rewatch of Paranoia Agent after introducing a friend to it. It's the first time I've really given it a serious watch, since I was too young to really get it when it first aired on Adult Swim. I always enjoyed being an unsettling show, but the overarching narrative is also really interesting. Plus, it still has one of the best intros of all time:

Last edited by Wagomu; September 19th, 2016 at 09:11 AM.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Default Re: What Anime/Manga Are You Consuming?

I am currently watching FLCL. Really weird show with a godlike soundtrack and stunning animation. But I don't really understand what is going on. After that I plan on watching either Parasyte or Hellsing Ultimate.

I just finished the final episode of ReZero.

I was afraid, like many short series that it wouldn't stick the landing, but it did and is probably the best piece of Japanese animation I have watched in the last seven years. What a wonderful little story.
    I started a blog about Harem Anime right here! https://dewbond.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Furisu View Post
    I am currently watching FLCL. Really weird show with a godlike soundtrack and stunning animation. But I don't really understand what is going on.
    FLCL is definitely a show that needs to be re-watched a few times to fully understand what's going on, which is a, mercifully, relatively easy task since it's only six episodes.

Anyway, I just recently got around to buying and reading the Dragon Ball manga. Sometimes I feel it's a bit too briskly paced, but overall it's still a really fun series that holds up. And, of course, it's fun seeing the differences between the anime and manga.

As much as I want to check out Hellsing Ultimate, I wanna follow the TFS abridged series without "spoilers".

Quote Originally Posted by Furisu View Post
    I am currently watching FLCL. Really weird show with a godlike soundtrack and stunning animation. But I don't really understand what is going on. After that I plan on watching either Parasyte or Hellsing Ultimate.
    FLCL gets at least a yearly rewatch for me. It's a classic that I find less people have seen than I think, because I remember the dub being really popular. It's also one of two series that I actually have the soundtrack for, because it is so legit.

There are few anime that put music culture at the center of their experience (without overtly being about music), and of them, FLCL is the only one I've seen take on alt-rock. It's a funny feeling, since alt-rock is so common for 90s, and early 00s American television, which may be why it struck such a chord with folks out west. FLCL still stands out among them, though, for being a show that I think hits really close to the experiences that fuel the music. Between the coming of age, confusion, ennui, and all the things that seem to feel so meaningful, even when you don't know what the meaning is, and whether or not there even is one, it captures a tone that I think even stuff like the Breakfast Club only skims.

Sorry, waxing philosophical because I really love a confusing cartoon about robots and aliens.

Is it possible to stick this thread which is a bit similar but for manga and have this one anime only ?
    http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=41188

Planning to soon watch Re:Zero, and waiting for the 3 Gatsu No Lion anime and Haikyuu season 3 to air.

Aside from that, i haven't been watching/reading anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Is it possible to stick this thread which is a bit similar but for manga and have this one anime only ?
    http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=41188

Ooooh, good point. I originally wanted separate ones, anyways, but not sure how that would go. This is great, though. Thanks for bringing this to my apparently limited attention! I'll get right on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Ooooh, good point. I originally wanted separate ones, anyways, but not sure how that would go. This is great, though. Thanks for bringing this to my apparently limited attention! I'll get right on that.
    Thanks a lot

Default Re: What Anime Are You Watching?

Oooh great timing wags.

I'm rewatching Hunter x Hunter and I'm so smitten with Killua all over again. Watching Episode 34 where
    Spoiler:
    Loser contestant dude in Heavens Arena breaks his promise not to screw with Gon by forcing him to schedule his match early, then when he does, Killua pops up in his room and tells him to never show his face around again or else.
    His spunky murderous-ness is just so precious. Great, now I sound like a psychopath.
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    Oooh great timing wags.

I'm rewatching Hunter x Hunter and I'm so smitten with Killua all over again. Watching Episode 34 where
    Spoiler:
    Loser contestant dude in Heavens Arena breaks his promise not to screw with Gon by forcing him to schedule his match early, then when he does, Killua pops up in his room and tells him to never show his face around again or else.
    His spunky murderous-ness is just so precious. Great, now I sound like a psychopath.
    HxH seems to have a way of making its audience perfectly okay with the fact that half its cast are remorseless murderers

We're not going down this slippery slope again

Come on Purp ^_^ you've gotta admit Killua is a darling character. Couple eps ago Killua was like "Sigh. Living a clean life and not killing people is so difficult." and my reaction was like D'awww you adorable killer, you. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    HxH seems to have a way of making its audience perfectly okay with the fact that half its cast are remorseless murderers
    Gosh it really does o.o but it also does an equally great job of making Other murderers super vile and repulsive in comparison. Interesting observation!
    Hidden:

just finished quite a few shows i've had on my hard drive...

1) Neon Genesis Evangelion+The End of Evangelion: weird. i really don't know what to think of it. at the surface, you'd think it's an action mecha show but when you watch it you realize it's a psychological thriller of some sort with a heavy focus on depression and antisocial behavior. both of which i can relate to, and have been suffering from.
    whats even weirder is that "the end of evangelion" seems to throw everything that the show had built up and disregards all of it's messages. it's all most seems like it was made as a "fuck you" for it.
    Spoiler:
    shinj is a very shitty character in it. all the things he seemed to have learned in the last episode of the anime are entirely disregarded. he's even worse here, with him masturbating on asuka's unconscious body and trying to kill her at the end.

2) FLCL: i watched it for the first time, loads of fun and laughed like crazy. can't wait for the sequel.

3) Armitage III: okayish Si-Fi. some good action here and there, and the music opening is kickass!

Well I'm working my way through all of UC Gundam and I just finished up Char's counterattack just recently. Good film but boy was Quess the worst character in Gundam ever. All the traits of the usual annoying newtype crazy girl but instead of being spread throughout a 50 episode series we get all her terribleness condensed within 1 solid movie. Worse than Reccoa and Katz combined.

Also I feel like there are only 2 types of people in the world. Those that love Gundam ZZ and those that hate Gundam ZZ. Care to guess which sort of person I am...
    Hidden:

I started working on Revolutionary Girl Utena, mostly cause Steven Universe takes some influence from it in fighting.

I'm only two episodes in and I'm reeling at how surreal an experience it is. The shoujo character designs are a little hard to get used to for me, but the thing is stylish in a strange and feminine way. I don't really understand the character's motivations or what's happening, but maybe that gets better past ep 2. It's gripping me, though. It has this combination of cheese and imagination that has me excited to see more.

Just found a show I watched like a decade ago called Heat Guy J. Funimation has the entire series up on their Youtube channel so I started watching it.

going to start rewatching one piece at episode 360 And starting to watch gintama.
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

*attempts to set off Wagomu goat-signal*

Aggressive Retsuko - A red panda who screams death metal when reaching her anger limit because why the fuck not

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information